News

French Cosmetics brand black|Up expands presence in Nigeria

At the 2011 ARISE Magazine Fashion Week Lagos which took place in March, Paris-based cosmetics brand, black|Up made a strong impression as the official makeup brand for the event. black|Up was responsible for all the stunning makeup looks seen on the runways; a team of thirty black|Up makeup-artists worked tirelessly behind the scenes to create these looks for 50 different runway show at the AMFW.

In Nigeria, black|Up is exclusively distributed and marketed by Montaigne AH Limited, the same company that has the exclusive rights for international cosmetics brands including Clarins, Dr Murad and Chanel. In 2011, black|Up will be expanding its presence in Nigeria with makeover sessions, sampling activations, makeup artist training sessions and much more. BN will keep you updated as details emerge.

About black|Up
make | Up artist brand
Founded in 1999 black|Up Cosmetics is both the first makeup artist brand created and specialized for women of color, yet suitable for all women, as well as an upscale cosmetics line of unprecedented elegance and luxury, respecting the unique nature of ethnic skins and celebrating their intrinsic beauty.

creativity | innovation
As the French selective makeup artist brand for women of color, black|Up Cosmetics was born from a desire to express creativity and drive innovation in the world of cosmetics.

renowned | French brand
Today black|Up Cosmetics has garnered a substantial fan base in France among women of color and has risen to become the nation’s #1 ethnic makeup brand*, distributed in approximately 200 retail locations.

dedicated | to women of color
All black|Up products are developed by a team of professional makeup artists and are specially formulated to meet the unique needs of women with deeper skin tones. From their best-selling foundations, available in a wide range of luxurious textures and shades, to their bold, rich and highly-pigmented color collections, black|Up Cosmetics is the an excellent makeup artist brand for discerning women of color.

BlackUp Video

Outlets:
Lagos
Montaigne Place – The Spa Plot 226B Muri Okunola Street Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel: 01 270 5596/ 01 270 3735
M: 0803 713 0408/ 0803 658 5485

Shop 16, Palm Shopping Centre
1 BIS Way, Lekki Expressway Victoria Island, Lagos.
Tel: 01 851 7774

Sponsored Content

1. Yetunde

March 30, 2011 at 4:46 pm

1st, yeah!!!! anywho more to the point will defo check this make-up out 🙂

• korin

March 31, 2011 at 8:40 am

Congratulations! 🙂 Please invite us when you collect your prize money!

2. Tiki

March 30, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Love the blue smoky eyes…looks right up my alley!

3. flakky

March 30, 2011 at 4:50 pm

please where can i get this……………i guess it will be nice on me

• Lara

March 30, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hi,
      Its available at any Montaigne Place outlets: Montaigne Place, The Palms Mall, Lekki: Montaigne Place, Adeniran Ogunsanya Mall, Surulere; Montaigne Place, Silverbird Entertainmement Centre, Abuja +many more. Call Lara 08191919943 for more Info

4. This gurl

March 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm

i love the second picture of the black girl

5. deee

March 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

tried it and it’s not that good…this is just another publicity stunt

6. TERMS

March 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm

am so intrested in the make up training
    #CANTWAIT

7. Miss-cRaZy

March 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Niceeee…..Itz high time i start modeling too.

8. Joohls

March 30, 2011 at 7:16 pm

the airbrushing is highly spiritual. subtlety is the key

9. Lara

March 30, 2011 at 8:35 pm

just love d range..d fluid foundation is so light…first time found a perfect foundation…love d two way cake, gloss tube and vibrating mascara…could go on and on..its d best makeup secret..

• fm

March 31, 2011 at 1:47 pm

lol sannu marketer..will try it out tho 😀

• no -no

April 29, 2011 at 8:34 am

Lara, Lara, Lara. How many times did i call you? pls you cant be the one selling the product, and still be the one tell us its the best makeup secret, let us review after buying now

10. tbn

March 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I hope they offer sampling/testing services for their cosmetics sha. I ask because most cosmetic shops in Nigeria do not offer such services, they would instead ask “what number/shade do you use” and for someone who does not know or who wants a different brand from what she used previously, it would present a challenge. I remember I bought so many shades of mac powders which were either too dark, or too light before I travelled to the US where different shades were tried on me to get the perfect match. Now that I’m back home I hope to change from Mac but I’m not sure how to go about it because of the usual problem of not being able to sample before buying.

11. French Naira/Lady Gaga

March 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

just lil disappointed the pictures are digital

12. Yemisi

March 30, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hmm…

13. mary uti

March 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm

i ve being using black up since last year and its really nice …for real

14. NNENNE

March 31, 2011 at 2:50 am

Some jobs for my peeps, at least. Hope they get patronized.

15. cosméticos importados

March 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm

what can i say, im stunning. This products are awesome and so the models.

16. ijeoma

March 31, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love their shadows. Nice one where is it originally from? i hope they’ll employ Nigerians in marketing and all…to strengthen the labour market.

17. Ayo Fashola

March 31, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Actually, Flori Roberts is the first makeup and skin care line for women of color.

18. VICKY

April 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm

ALL D LANDLINE TEL NUMBERS 4 BLACK UP, ALL DISCONNECTED…… WAT A JOKE IN BUSINESS

19. honeybee

April 4, 2011 at 11:04 pm

@ Ayo, i hear you and you may be right. But my initial thought was Iman….

• 2hilarious

May 26, 2015 at 5:17 pm

The foundation of Black Up is really closed to the Iman foundation. I’m unsing both of them. They have great make up products

20. Abby

April 5, 2011 at 7:30 am

Ok You guys should seriously consider using this make up brand.
    I was living in France a couple of months ago and came across this brand.
    They have the best foundation i’ve used till date. I’m living in China now and I’m trying to get them to ship some stuff to me ( thats how good they are!)
    To get the best out of their foundation, you should mix it with the oil free complexion enhancer and finish it off with the two way cake powder. Their eye shadows are awesome too!!
    Try them out and see for yourselves!

21. onyinye

April 11, 2011 at 9:33 am

tbn, i happen yo know that if you go to the main make-up studios, u`ld get sampling services, the black up studio at the palms, lekki does that, the sleek studio on awolowo rd ikoyi would even insist on you trying samples b4 they sell anything to you.

22. Femi Oz

April 21, 2011 at 12:59 am

I actually think bella naija is cool :)..

23. onome

April 2, 2012 at 7:42 am

Actually got test run at their ikeja shopping mall location 2 weeks ago and ever since i’ve been disatisfied with the current powder i use! Cant wait to get some money and go back to make my purchase! The thing dear sha……

24. Nelly

November 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I want to be a makeup artiste. Pls I hv d money to register but I’m looking for accommodation. Locations pls

25. Chigor igwe

July 12, 2014 at 12:30 am

When and how can I start and register for the make up tutorials?

26. 2hilarious

May 26, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Black Up has great products. It suits a wide range of black skins colors.

27. patty

October 6, 2015 at 7:48 am

Lara, please I need some help with the black up cream to powder I got from your surulere shoprite outlet. I got convinced by a friend to buy the product. Only for me to get home to use the product. It was a stale powder that was sold to me. It’s all caked! I’ve tried to call the numbers on this website..none is going through.

28. patty

October 6, 2015 at 8:17 am

Lara, please I need an urgent help with the cream to powder black up product I got from your surulere shoprite outlet., I got convinced by a friend to use the product. Excited, I visited your stand and got the mentioned product. Only for me to get home and discovered that it’s stale and caked. I’ve called the phone nos none seem to go through. I am wondering if this will be changed for me when I get back to Surulere.