Music

New Video: Waje feat. Muna – So Inspired

BellaNaija.com

Waje‘s new video is for her track “So Inspired” which features femcee Muna, according to Waje, the aim of the song is “to inspire young people, females especially to continuously aspire for greatness regardless of the drawbacks in their environment and life in general.

In the video, Waje plays the role of a distressed and abused woman who despite the circumstances, rises above all the trauma.

The video was directed by Clarence Peters and was shot in Johannesburg, South Africa.

1. wow

March 30, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So inspired:)

2. nich

March 30, 2011 at 9:05 pm

the best song but the video is not the best

3. Purpleicious Babe

March 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

thumps up….. inspiration is one of many factors that contributes to being successful.

4. nada

March 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

muna killed it! neva knew she was this good…..watchout sasha

• pearla

March 31, 2011 at 1:20 am

lol seriously sasha’s day are over… muna is hott with the lyrics

• Ginika

March 31, 2011 at 9:32 am

Omo, I have been a strong believer of Muna since Bella naija first dropped her single on the site. People can stop porking now because she is a good femcee, period. Even better than Sasha (yep, I saidit!).

I hope she gets more collabos with more and more of the music industry’s heavy-weights.

5. partyrider

March 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Dis is how its done..love it..dem chicks look so fly,love the red and black outfit..weldone waje and muna thumbs up…
    am so inspired men..no staying down

6. French Naira/Lady Gaga

March 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm

3rddd

• korin

March 31, 2011 at 8:39 am

You wish!! NOT QUITE!!!

7. Miss-cRaZy

March 30, 2011 at 9:13 pm

^^…#okaynice

8. 4kasibe

March 30, 2011 at 9:17 pm

wow nice song………..guys ya herrrrrrr???!!!!!!!! –

9. Yemisi

March 30, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Love it!

10. PLUSH

March 30, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Wonderful video.. all my fav people! Waje, Muna, Clarence.. wonderful! wonderful!

11. Miss T

March 30, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Chei Clarence! Chei Waje………….what talent we have in Naij! Amazing video, amazing song, amazing message. Just like Omawumi’s ‘if you ask me’ its a wonderful piece.

12. El Bee

March 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm

The video got me a bit dizzy though…but overall, they nailed it! Outfits on point too!

13. BigBen

March 30, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Yo…Muna is Fiiiiinnnneeee….ok bye…oh, song is good too, Clarence Peters is the don…

14. bobbydox

March 30, 2011 at 11:24 pm

nice concept but some small shouting but great lyrics!!!!!!!!! my problem is with why going to SA to shoot videos that madness must stop abeg

15. meeee

March 30, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Niceeeeeee!

16. NNENNE

March 31, 2011 at 2:12 am

@ bobbydox….They probably go to SA because it offers a better working environment for this kind of business, like security, good roads, better views, in short, better infrastructures etc.You have to remember that in as much as they love Nigeria, they have a business to do and by the end of the day, they want profit. Here again, is another reason why our country has to be better managed. Could you imagine all the money we could have saved in Nigeria if most of these videos were shot at home?

Nice music.Well done.

17. THE AMAKA

March 31, 2011 at 4:48 am

LOVE IT! female power!!!

18. NYAZIVEA

March 31, 2011 at 8:05 am

Awesome vid…but dont get why it had to be shot in SA…

19. swarovski

March 31, 2011 at 9:10 am

awww…i love…Muna is sooo good,Waje too..buh it kinda like sounded like Omawumi’s ‘Today na Today’….female empowerment.

20. tipsy

March 31, 2011 at 9:47 am

…so feelin muna….dehm dis babe is fyneeeeeeeeee…but dnt get d point of shootin D video in SA..nice song anyway

21. Tiki

March 31, 2011 at 10:17 am

10/10…I can see myself going for a long drive and singing this at the top of my voice…It’s such a pick-me-up song!

22. Ejiro Amos-Tafiri

March 31, 2011 at 10:41 am

very nice, well done Waje.

23. Gosh!

March 31, 2011 at 10:50 am

The intro brought tears to my eyes.. My sis went through so much abuse in the early part of her marriage(I actually witnessed a few) and it was like dejavu when i saw the intro…
    Waje,good job Sis!!! Muuah!! Muna,wow!!! And to think you were once a beauty queen? The switch was really swift and I must say you did a good job on this song… Thumbs up to Clarence too (my secret crush..lol). All in all,this our generation dey inspire me die!!!!!
    P.S: DJ Waxxy be ‘partner-basher’? That didn’t look like acting to me at all….LOL

24. SUPERGAL

March 31, 2011 at 11:41 am

i love the video.. i saw it on mtv base as spanking new and i was like ‘wow!!!!! waje and muna inspired me with this piece… i love muna’s rap and the story line… its so lifting….

25. [email protected]

March 31, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Brilliant! not a big fan of munas on twitter but dammmmnnnn! she hot! sasha move over! never liked dat one sef cos her voice sounds ”spittiful”…munas voice is clear and to think she was MBGN once upon a time is crazy! all ladylike and wot not…shes a bad ass NOW lol!

26. Ronnie's Jeans

March 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Wow! Really proud of Waje. She’s so inspiring and talented.Great video!!!

27. THE AMAKA

March 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm

is there a category for best Female collabo at the MAMA awards? THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!

28. Mariella

March 31, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I love the video. It looks like asmash of “love is wicked” by brick and lace and the song that goes ” oh oh…I’m never ever gonna let you, tell what you feelin cos I wanna know,” I forget the name of the song but-yeah. Although the video is flashy and it looks professional. It doesn’t tie in with the song. Btw I think the lyrics are kinda weak 2. Nice outfits though. Thats wassap!

29. Jade

March 31, 2011 at 4:37 pm

great song, absolutely love it

30. nich

March 31, 2011 at 5:22 pm

they go to SA because they have 35MM Camera there. The camera cost $3million.
    except our government comes in…….nija stars cannot afford that……….it was p-square that opened the door to SA……other stars now new that the camera is there.

muna is certainly the next queen of rap in africa…..clear voice and she has got american acsent too….but hers looks more natural

31. nich

March 31, 2011 at 5:34 pm

concept
    she got beaten,was admitted in the hospital and while she was there she imagined or dreamt or tot of putting her self 2geda again(thats all the part from the elevator to muna to d roof top)..she got inspired! and when she woke up from d dream she ran out of the hospital to make it come tru..she was tired of been beaten down by her man .she was ready to stand up to him or leave..she got SO INSPIRED #okbye

32. nich

March 31, 2011 at 5:38 pm

i sincerely think that this song should be best song of the year for 2011…….africa has never had it in this pop/and tetno form before. waje is the first home base female act to shoot on 35mm camera……followed by tiwa savage but she shot her video kele kele love on HD CAM not 35mm but powerful quality though.

33. nich

March 31, 2011 at 5:43 pm

waje does not want to be like omawumi who is shooting with ordinary digital camera……i believe she was inspired by p-square…….though she explained to the media that she is being sponsored by family and friends. now that jonathan is releasing $200 miliion for entertainers i believe the sky would be her limit.

mo-cheddah may be good but waje is strong and powerful…..with a sparking vocal power.

muna’s album will be fire…the girl has really matured…

34. Sia

March 31, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Muna is really fantastic. etting her name out there before the release of her album is a smart move. Work it girl.
    Inspiring song. Nigerian women are doing great things and working together instead of bashing one another. Now that is also inspiring.

35. Neel

March 31, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Amazing video! Muna is a pretty girl but not feeling the song or Muna’s verse. I havent heard enough of Muna’s music to judge but she is finee!. I am feeling Clarence Peters *crush*!

36. dante

March 31, 2011 at 9:25 pm

anoda award winning pis………………………..from clarence.

37. Jess

April 1, 2011 at 2:00 am

I like the fact that they are addressing issues like abuse and Omawumi also recently addressed it too. Love it! I have to say I was one of those who doubted Muna’s musical abilities, she’s not there yet, but she’s not terrible. Nice.

38. obideyi boluwatife

April 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

where can we download the video o

39. spicy

April 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

That is not MUNACHI!!!I had no idea she had swagg like this,all that beauty queen forming lol….i loooooooooooove this MUNA…..all naija female rappers better mooooove out of d way 4 her jare.

40. El strong

April 2, 2011 at 5:42 am

Waje is wajelicious check this http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/7948474

41. Anngo

April 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

nice abeg! waje n muna nailed it thumbs up!

42. NoDullin

April 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm

It’s Muna, Eve and BLaise…..sasha isn’t in d pic at all.

43. MrsD

April 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Kai, that Muna fine sha! I’m impressed with her rapping too…

44. gossipgurl

April 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm

SHE NAILED IT……..damn……dat was hawt as in burnin hawt altho i tot muna was just doin cova girl……oopss i said it

45. Bukky

April 4, 2011 at 2:04 am

loves it

46. Udegbunam Chukwudi | Patchwork Of Tips

April 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Love the song die. Excellent collaboration by the two of the top female musicians in Naija right now.

47. fokasibe

April 5, 2011 at 9:52 am

This is what I call girl power!! Love Waje, Love Muna! Love all around!!! I’m so inspired!!

48. samke

April 22, 2011 at 10:24 am

i fell in luv with da muziz vid 1st tym i saw it …… bravo waje bravo . luv u gal

49. suuuuuuusssssssshhhhhh

April 25, 2011 at 8:04 pm

this song is soooo off tha chain if yu r musically inclined yu will understand this song is no small job Waje yu are a phenomenon and muna yu did good keep workin thowow i jus imagined a remix with jennifer hudson or beyonce aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggh wicked

50. shunty

May 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm

dis is hott

51. simon jonah

August 8, 2011 at 6:46 pm

hahahahaha………………………………………………….this vidoes is very cute

52. Oyedepo John

December 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Great song from the 2 ladies… I still love this song till today.