Music

Camerounian/Nigerian starlet Dencia releases debut single “Beri Beri”

BellaNaija.com

Born to Cameroonian/Nigerian Parents, Dencia began singing at age 5. As a child and teen, she sang with her local church groups and schools but her dream was delayed when she was diagnosed with a potentially-fatal throat disease which affected her her singing abilities.

Determined to remain in the music industry, Dencia featured in several music videos by superstars including Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Lady Gaga and Ludacris. Dencia also engaged in charity work including sponsoring 5 girls in African schools and acting as an ambassador for Susan G. Komen Cancer Research Foundation.

With her health restored, Hollywood-based Dencia began recording her first music album including her first official single “Beri Beri“.

Listen to “Beri Beri” by Dencia. The track was produced by Tee-Y Mix

[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Dencia-Beri-Beri.mp3]

Click to Get your copy of “Beri Beri” via itunes

1. gifted

August 24, 2011 at 10:48 am

why does this make me want to tell my booboo to Spank me,nice beats,loving the lyrics and the girl looks too good to be real as in i will not believe she is African sha.

Now waiting for hating – in 5-4-3-2-1

and whoopsi i am first

• Teris

August 24, 2011 at 1:58 pm

LOL!!! Cute.
      Song…with enuf airplay, ’twill pass.

• Me

August 24, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I hope you do not say that to your daughter ( or future daughter). Don’t you know they photoshop the artists over here in the US. I wonder how you feel about yourself… just saying

2. Mademoiselle

August 24, 2011 at 11:26 am

Yaaaaay!!! A Cameroonian sister!!! 😀

• Ndosse Henrietta

August 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

so wonderful things can come from cameroon.lets stand up and bring the entertainment industry together.keep up dencia we are strongly behind you?HURRAYYYYYY CAMEROON.

3. Mike

August 24, 2011 at 11:27 am

Good effort…patiently waiting for a music video,she looks pretty

4. oi

August 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm

@gifted really you are first Now take the prize home,smh

Now she sounds fresh and young and looks fun and fresh,I have waited for this day forever to oung fresh face African Female Singer for so Long.the babe has Swag and definately looks Hollywood,exactly what we need hopefully she can Enlighten all this Mama looking artist.before I go I love your Song,your sound Original but no ova Do sexy video sha no go Rihanna on us because the song sounds freaky enough

5. Tiki

August 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

lolz, Sonkey Reprudencia (‘Dencia’) Dongche! That’s her real name by the way, so yeah, she’s Cameroonian, from the NorthWest to be exact. Finally she’s got what she always wanted, lol. Knew this girl from way back. Ahem ahem, No Comment on that little bio I see there…this is hot, rushing off to tell the rest of what used to be our clique!

• Ugo

August 24, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Now that you know her should we dance? *does Yahooze* are you happy now?

• Tiki

August 24, 2011 at 1:33 pm

No thanx. Unless u wanna post the video so I can laugh…

• moi

September 10, 2011 at 12:40 am

Tiki, thanks for your comment and that clarification. But one more question please. since when is Dong a half Cameroonian half Nigerian…? had no idea. and the rest of the bio stats no easy oh. I really need to tell all the girls.ei don happen!

6. Ugo

August 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I want her shoes chai it’s too hot,so here we finally have an African hottie as Singer,is she our Nicki minaj or our beyonce or our Rihanna?definitely different and I love the song and lyrics,lmao at Spanking me Spanking me as in sex me sex me.

Good luck and we dye wait video oh between she’s cute sha

7. Demmy

August 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I can’t wait 2 see what she has 2 offer!

8. Russy

August 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Ndong? this is great!finally she lived her dream.that bio is ringing in my head but the song is good,makes me want to forget all else.
    Tiki you just left me hanging…WTf?

• jealouse

April 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

haters

9. Russy

August 24, 2011 at 1:19 pm

hood girl turn celeb.Tiki we go fit interact again so? yawa don gas oh!!

10. Omoge

August 24, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Writing this while sipping on my tea,I did not know she was a singer sha,although my friends and I didn’t like her after she came to Nigeria in 2009 and we saw her at the club with Banky W “I heard they were kicking it and ehm the way they were dancing together” back to the Gist,I added her on Facebook and followed her career,she metamorphosed in everyone’s eyes,we actually stopped hating and started appreciating our own sister,Good job ma and incase I am the girl from Caliente who tagged herself on a picture of you and Banky I was in the back ground.Holla when you come to naija you seem to know how to groove and more greease to your elbows.I know your video will be Fab

11. Queen

August 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

@tiki and @Russy I am not going to Try to claim relationship with Dencia but I am sure if you guys knew her the way you claim you will not question her bio .I knew her since she was 13yrs old and that was like 7 or 8yrs ago I was 1 class ahead of her and for that Period she had about 4 surgeries Involving her throat and I remember in form 5 she had a breast surgery and her nose because she was really sick,as much as she was always sick she was a smart kid everyone Admired and she was always Very stylish.we should all be Glad one of ours is making it instead of starting stories. Range Rover we are proud of You and your music sounds great,Make Africa Proud

• Nma

August 24, 2011 at 10:50 pm

huh?? she had a breast and nose surgery because she was sick ke?? Was her breast hurting her or her nose pinching her that she had to have them “enhanced” ??

• queen

August 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm

she had medical not cosmetic,as in she had a cyst in her breast and her nose had complications internally from her throat.who spoke about cosmetic surgery/she was 15 who gets cosmetic at 15?

12. Yeez

August 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Oh seen she’s half Nigerian? Good to see Cameroonian people going places!!

13. [email protected] desinger handbags

August 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm

looking for to buy Berri Berri. nice songs according to what i need in a music.

14. My country people

August 24, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Now my country people can we focus on the girls Talents instead on when she had surgery or when she died and resuscitated or when car be Jam ye,ah people three much.

In other words nice joint,definitely a club banger,and from her looks we all drfinately see some spanking in her video lmao but we the viewers dont mind.

Now can we all say spanking me,spanking me,spanking me

She us definitely going to be a Sex symbol and people will love her I mean guys,count down to dating stories in 5 minutes whey eons know Nigerian press lmao them go associate ye with all male artist

15. Dolly P

August 24, 2011 at 2:51 pm

WAO!!!! not bad at all. and nite club get ready – dancing all the way none stop…. o ma beri beri tin ba mu e…..

16. pynk

August 24, 2011 at 3:21 pm

i actually like the song.

17. Stephanie

August 24, 2011 at 4:47 pm

An ok [email protected] you will not she african because why?!! smdh at your ignorance

• MissKay

August 24, 2011 at 7:13 pm

my thoughts exactly, Stephanie! not over-glorifying the song & not overlooking the ridiculous ignorance behind “the girl looks too good to be real as in i will not believe she is African sha.” this is how we dont allow people to appreciate us- we dont appreciate our -own- darn – selves! smh

• Me

August 24, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Agree with you. I shook my head at her too. lol. terrible state of mind! I wonder if username “gifted” is african…

18. zee

August 24, 2011 at 5:10 pm

The lady gaga shoes sha….plus the fact that the beats sound like “just dance”….hmmmmmm

• My country people

August 24, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Wow this sourds Nothing Like Just Dance as in Nothing.as for the shore ehm i have seen lady gaga,beyonce,etc with the style but not same look at all.did you rend That she designs for celebrities?did you think she jay have designed for gaga? Ok bye

19. 1976AD.com

August 24, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Nice. Though the airbrushing is a bit much

20. lily

August 24, 2011 at 8:53 pm

wow i love her…she’s original, i think we found our real beyonce

21. le partenaire

August 24, 2011 at 10:34 pm

ca cest une bombe en tout cas cherche moi on va faire des choses interessante ensemble, je suis le justicier cde berlin

22. Lil miss sunshine

August 25, 2011 at 12:50 pm

People will never cease to amaze me, the peeps claiming they knew her from the moment she was conceived, counted the different surgeries she had, sat next to her in class to the downright phonies who partied with her and then call her a hood rat. May God have mercy on all y’all. Learn to appreciate your own and Yessssss we have beautiful and exotic looking people in Africa. Enuff with the half this and half that.

23. Me

August 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm

The second verse is wag, she repeated a line like 4 times. But its a good song though, nice hook, beats and style. Make sure you do a good video and I promise you it will be a blast in africa kuddos!

24. babe

August 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm

i didnt really like it honestly. fine gal tho…

25. Jen

August 31, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Hmmmm, i love me Reprodencia ya. Small girl way fight her way to where she is. i just love her courage n daring attitude. pls stop all the hating and start loving. Dong don pass una.

26. Kamie

September 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

She’s HHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWWWTTTTTT!

27. sassy

September 23, 2011 at 3:45 am

She pure cameroonian…why da lie abt been half Nigerian tho? she is doing it big……representing for her Soban’s sisters in C.P.C Bali!

28. Funmi alaba

October 18, 2011 at 11:57 am

I so much like dencia die,i just heard her voice for the first time i swear dat girl dey try make she just put more grease to ur elbow

29. derek

October 21, 2011 at 6:48 pm

keep promoting africa

30. joekudi

October 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm

hav u seen d video? Wow she is supa-sexyyy i like her die.

31. paysan

November 27, 2011 at 6:12 am

she should sing some makossaalso

32. paysan

November 27, 2011 at 6:12 am

can she sing makossa

33. nelson

February 23, 2015 at 12:37 am

hi, I need the lyrics to beri beri. Can anyone help me out, please??? Thanks in advance 🙂