Music

BN Music PREMIERE: AiRis – Olowo Ori Mi

Just when we were about to write off AiRis as a “one hit wonder”, two years after her debut “Without You”, she is back with a brand new track – “Olowo Ori Mi” produced by Shizzy and Victor ‘Spankie Doodle’ Oganua.

Here are excerpts from the official press release
After an almost 2 year hiatus to focus on her record label, AiRis branched out in a big way with a new and impressive business venture. On her break, she was working hard to contribute in making an impact in the music industry by officially launching her very own recording studio; Airis Music Studios which is located in Park View Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.

Noteworthy growing clientele of AiRis Music Studios include Les Nubians among others. There is also a 12-week course available for aspiring Musicians, Recording artists and Producers to learn musical instruments like the guitar, drums, saxophone, violin and the piano. AiRis proves that she is not just a singer/ songwriter but a music enthusiast and a business woman who is passionate about music and artist development.

Olowo Ori Mi is an upbeat Afropop romantic song laced with AiRis’ soulful vocals with Yoruba infusions highlighting the chorus for that Afro effect. With the infusion of a Saxophone and dance instruments, upbeat and groovy, this single will get you dancing all the way. This might just become the next wedding party/love song staple. It’s an ideal song for the “lovers’ season”

AiRis looks pretty gorgeous in her new promo photo (above). Click play to listen to let us know what you think of the new track.

Airis – Olowo Ori Mi
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Airis-Olowo-Ori-Mi-FINAL.mp3]

1. CFA

February 6, 2012 at 12:13 am

Nice song! 🙂 Please How do we get more info about the 12-week course?

2. eazzie

February 6, 2012 at 12:18 am

too much auto tune but she fine AH

3. wienna

February 6, 2012 at 12:50 am

Equally as good as Without You which is still one of my favourites to date that i love jamming to. I’m glad she’s back and I hope she’s here to stay. Olowo ori mi…ma se jina si mi.

4. Anony

February 6, 2012 at 12:53 am

Its so funny b/c i recently stumbled across this artist for the first time on youtube a couple months back, and I was wondering why she hadn’t released any new projects. The song is not bad, just there. I’m not sure if she will have TY S’s success. Time will tell. Don’t think that this will be a huge hit tho.

5. flakey

February 6, 2012 at 1:00 am

not bad at all

6. lily

February 6, 2012 at 2:19 am

nice one….good more females are now in naija music industry

7. ester

February 6, 2012 at 7:47 am

all the best lady, pls visit

8. adenike

February 6, 2012 at 8:33 am

Airis is a good artist; judging from her first 2 singles (Without You and Sick in Love featuring Ice Prince),she also looks very decent. I also like the business angle to her career. That said, I wasn’t expecting this sort of song. In my opinion, the song is just there. I wanted it to end real quick and didn’t want to replay. The auto tune was too obvious especially at the intro. I’m glad she debuted with Without You; this one wouldn’t have moved anything or anyone.
    The break she took was also too long. She’s not very active on social media either; by now, you should know that you need every form of PR Airis.
    I’m actually wishing you the very best.

9. BukiOni

February 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Promo photo is lovely and the song’s quite nice.

10. pelola

February 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

“Just when we were about to write off AiRis as a “one hit wonder”…e ma nice o!-NOT!

11. Zeebaby

February 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Very Very nice….quite awesome and different from “Without you”…….Good job Airis! We love you!!!!!!!

12. OYIN

February 6, 2012 at 3:07 pm

mi love

13. BoomFlick

February 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I don’t want to seem like a hater or an enemy of progress..lol.. but I have to state my opinion. I don’t like this song. She’s pretty but cannot sing. I’ve seen a music video of hers before and all I can say is this is why Tiwa keeps slaying a lot of these Nigerian female artistes. Tiwa and Asa should not be the ONLY top female singers we have right now. There are quite a lot of top male artistes in the Nigerian music industry today. I believe they are doing so well because they are taking chances and showing their personalities. We need more females with personalities who don’t care about being sweet, pretty, and precious. The female rappers so far are doing good but what do you expect? rappers are expected to be cocky and expressive! This explains why I appreciate Goldie as an entertainer- Even though I don’t like her music, she gets my respect for sticking with an identity that isn’t the norm or just creating a unique brand.
    Abeg Bella post my comment, I am a consumer who can’t help but speak her mind!

14. wunmi

February 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm

lovely!!!!

15. BABA T aka The ORIGINATOR!!!

February 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Nice…

16. Bey

February 6, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Really cant place the music… sorry! Its is RnB, pop, hiphop? I really dont get it… but its ok. I however prefer earthy, neo-soul like Asa, TY Bello and even Ebisan. I agree with BoomFlick. She is fine but fineness can get you so far. I think she hasnt decided whether she wants to be Naija or Arab or oyinbo. Forgive me if im wrong but I enjoy Naija sound for a reason.

17. Teris

February 6, 2012 at 10:25 pm

chuckle… gone are the days when artists drop a track and and cross their fingers hoping its a hit. these days, the artist & team tell u “this is a hit new single” and u better get on board with it.
    goodluck miss.

18. Lade

February 8, 2012 at 3:11 am

very pretty girl. Her voice is very “J-lo sounding”… not much depth to the voice or song but it’s interesting enough to catch on. And major props for the studio she started – very good business!