Music

D’banj to Ebony Magazine – “I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits” What Does This Mean for Him & Don Jazzy?

With his G.O.O.D music deal and the building international success of “Oliver Twist”, we expect to see more and more of D’banj on stage and in international publications.

The Nigerian music star was interviewed by Ebony Magazine music journalist, Hillary Crosley after his concert in New York and everyone is buzzing about this interview.

Why?
Because of this quote…

Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God. Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a successful label in Africa, I’ve learned a lot and I believe people will see what we’re going to do.

With the ongoing speculation about D’banj and longtime collaborator/business partner/friend Don Jazzy‘s supposedly strained relationship, this quote seems to add fuel to the fire.

Add that to the article published by respected Entertainment journalist, Ogbonna Amadi of the Vanguard Newspapers, fans are beginning to believe this tale. {Click to Read Article}

So what do you think?

Click here to read the complete Ebony Magazine Interview.

1. Sexxie

March 13, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Okay!

2. amber rose

March 13, 2012 at 10:15 pm

hmmmm, r we expecting to see a fall out btwn dbanj and don jazzy?

• xoxo

March 13, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Omg I hope not, they’re such a good team

• Ginika

March 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Lesson umber one, when getting into business with ANYONE (I mean mum, dad, uncle, brother, sister, friend etc) always sign a contract. Infact, dont get into business with family and friends, it is very tricky.

It can create tension and break a good relationship.

3. bettyB

March 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Please BN don’t turn into a gossip website. Stick to giving objective articles, that i what sets you high above others

• Juwon

March 14, 2012 at 12:16 am

My point exactly. When i saw this on the home page i was really shocked, and i’m like BN doesn’t cover rubbish stories like this. I see things like this on blogs that are cheaply looking for readers and BN has certainly gone past that.

• I said it

March 14, 2012 at 12:30 am

Oh please – you think objective articles sells ehn? You are not the only reader and BN has to cater to all its readers. When next you are looking for a non- gossip site – set up your own. Every business evolves and tries to stay relevant so if you like be encouraging BN to remain ‘stagnant’ when the competition is heating up. Gossip site ko, objective articles ni. As if this is gossip?

• Me

March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Well said! Don’t mind the aporoko talking jazz! Bella please give us gist abeg!

• Fancy Face

March 14, 2012 at 10:36 am

bettyB…. are you by any chance Aish and Abhi’s daughter….

• Mani

March 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

If he can be quoted, then it obviously isnt gossip. Too bad if they break up though.
      mbgn.silverbirdgroup.com

• Addy

March 14, 2012 at 12:28 pm

i agree Betty B, BN carved a niche for itself and primarily positioned itself as a gossip free entertainment site.

@ I said it all, WOW!you sound so angry!Pele dear!

• I said it

March 14, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Angry at what?? A comment on BN from someone I don’t know. It carved a niche but Nigerians love gossip so as a business, do you evolve or allow the competition swallow you up while they are reporting gossip. I mean I would understand if this was a Jane snatched Betty’s bf or the Davido escapade. This is an interview so it shouldn’t be reported because it fuels rumours abi? Abeg na una know – wetin consain me sef?

• Jay one

March 17, 2012 at 11:27 pm

does this seem like gossip?

4. chinny

March 13, 2012 at 10:21 pm

dbanj needs to really cool his pride, because like our elders say, it comes before a fall. He forgets that without donjazzy he wouldnt be so popular, let alone meet kanye. Its sad how people forget those that helped them get where they are. I hope he would realize what he is doing before it gets too late. Oh well i hope the best for both parties.

• BabyBella

March 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm

dbanj introduced don jazzy to kanye. get ur facts right…. let ur elders keep talking while dbanj n don jazzy keep making money off u gullible ppl.

• kEkE

March 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Madam, she said without Don Jazzy, D’Banj won’t meet Kanye. Don Jazzy helped him reach greater heights..so someway somehow, Don Jazzy helped him get to where he is today and part of that is meeting Kanye. Read well and digest before you attack.

• Geemama

March 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Well said…….

5. christy

March 13, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Jst can’t wait.c gramma.paradox at it best

6. moi

March 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Ghen ghen! gotta get my popcorn and drink ready for this show lol

7. Layo

March 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’m so confused as to why this is such a big deal, hasn’t it always been his label?

• bebe

March 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Its a big deal cos this is the first time he is coming out to say such a thing, no one knows if he is lying or not …but even if after all what him and Don Jazzy have been through all of a sudden Don J is just an artist ..right?…he didnt even say my producer smh

• Partyrider

March 14, 2012 at 12:48 am

He is not the sole owner..he is a co-owner with donjazzy

8. bebe

March 13, 2012 at 10:47 pm

who can remember D’prince tune ..forgotten the name it goes …’DON J FOR PRESIDENT, DBANJ FOR GOVERNOR, WANDE THE……’ were they all lying?

9. madam

March 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I think before we judge D’banj we should request for the question the interviewer asked him and analyze the interview before he made the comment, only then should he be judged……simply in my opinion.

• bebe

March 13, 2012 at 11:05 pm

the interview was printed in ebony magazine …you can check online…

10. tolu

March 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm

who cares – Illuminati new recruit. Naijas will sell their soul for anything.

• Nike

March 14, 2012 at 9:37 am

What is this Illuminati rubbish??? What is wrong with you people??? You just open your mouths and say rubbish. Do you even now what Illuminati means???? Ignorance at its best.
      And how do you know he has sold his soul??? Where will your soul end up when you die. Stop being self-righteous jooor

• kEkE

March 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm

LMAO! I am tired of the illuminati talk myself. It is ridiculous. Can we all focus on other things, important issues?

11. kokoqueen

March 13, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Betty B…its not gossip…these r facts….nevertheless Life is spiced with Gossip and we have to deal with it…Big Up Bella…U rock ..Muah

12. christy

March 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Succex has goten into hs head,he has forgoten d hand dat fed him.so dere wil b no more DON JAZZY AGAIN? Oh I pity don jazzy,so u c y,it wrong2 over invested n an individual? A blessin n disguise anyway.wil jst watch as d drama unfold

• Krish

March 14, 2012 at 8:27 am

Pity don jazzy??? Duh, dbanj is burn without him jus wait n see

13. doppleganger

March 13, 2012 at 11:06 pm

who cares???

14. Partyrider

March 13, 2012 at 11:06 pm

DonJazzy is now his artist all of a sudden 🙁

• cathy

March 15, 2012 at 5:51 pm

hahahahahahahahaha lmfao! na small thing

15. Hmm

March 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm

fight fight fight!!!!

16. ojaybaby

March 13, 2012 at 11:35 pm

hmm they say never bite the hand that fed you…hmmm

17. jazzy telvin

March 13, 2012 at 11:42 pm

they are on it again……….

18. tatafo!

March 13, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I hope they signed a contract when the going was good. all this handshake paroles is not the business.

• Gidi

March 14, 2012 at 7:27 am

you hit the nail on the damned head!!
      Not only sign contract but understand the spirit behind the letter. It seems to be a serious problem in our entertainment industry. People either do not sign contracts and just go with the flow or even when they sign do not care to understand its content and just walk out when it they choose to. If they do, i fail to understand the current squabbles between Asa and Questionmark.

19. jennietobbie

March 14, 2012 at 12:26 am

has Don Jazzy addressed this? Let’s wait for his comment on this before pointing fingers.

20. Miss T

March 14, 2012 at 12:37 am

EBONY.com: How did you join Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label?

That was the question they asked D’banj, I do not see the relevance of label ownership here. I have come to realize that this dude talks and talks, he doesn’t shut up sometimes to think. Such stupid and unnecessary answers can be avoided if he just shuts up, thinks and answers the question that is being asked. He should stop belittling himself abeg, and showing avoidable ‘mumuism’. Don Jazzy is not just some random one hit wonder, he produces formidable beats. I for one listen to D’Banj’s songs because the beats are sick, not because dude has an amazing voice. Getting signed with G.O.O.D music an be good, and it can be bad u know, so just shut up D’Banj, go back and bring us those hits, don’t make us hate you before you give us something to listen to, with an alter ego that has been fueled by people who are around you for money and famzing reasons!

• Ready

March 14, 2012 at 10:35 am

THIS! ^^^ Gospel!

21. THE AMAKA

March 14, 2012 at 12:58 am

WOW! we all know D’banj wouldn’t be as big as he is without Don Jazzy. I am sensing something here. Don Jazzy, you are doing great as a producer. if he no want you again, then carry go. you are very talented my brother…

22. pd

March 14, 2012 at 1:02 am

Things fall apart………………..part2

23. AfroDiva

March 14, 2012 at 1:37 am

D’banj and Don Jazzy WOW, more to unfold then. We are watching! Lips sealed. Let my get some pop corn and Cola while we wait.

24. MyView

March 14, 2012 at 1:41 am

This guy really needs to have someone whose IQ is not in the single digits as an adviser and publicist.

• Gidi

March 14, 2012 at 8:00 am

I guess the size of the koko is more important than IQ.

• Anon

March 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm

lmho! Gidi you’re an absolute genius! love it!

25. chichi

March 14, 2012 at 1:57 am

once again..dbanj trying waaaay too hard..everyone in naija knows thats a lie and i hope he didnt say these things cos if you go to google or wiki, it clearly says that don jazzy is the CEO/president and that dbanj was the first artist that was signed to the label. It also says that dbanj is now the vice president. I also remember watching this interview with Dr sid and the guy was singing don jazzy’s praises and how he is what he is today because of don J. He also called dbanj the leading artist of the label but that was about it. Now unless of course there is something about the label that Nigerians dont know about, Dbanj seriously needs to shut the hell up. i do like dbanj (solely because he has a sense of humor cos if we want to be honest with ourselves, he is not a great artist) but he needs to get his ish together. I am all for self esteem and having a little bit of pride but comon u dont have to lie to gain respect from ppl. Am i thrilled that dbanj is signed to Good music?. Absolutely not!!Good music sucks ass at promoting their artists because kanye and jayz are all about themselves. Those two dont like to share power/spotlight especially when it comes to their fellow rappers. I have watched interviews of rappers who have had unpleasant experiences with jayz and kanye. There was so much hype about big sean b4 he signed to good music. Now, as far as im concerned, he is not doing too good and his album flopped. J cole now is signed to roc nation and i want that guy to win so bad cos he is amazing but once again, i dont trust jay z. As much as i dislike young money they do a better job of promoting their artists.Now dbanj, i really wish you the best and i hope that Good music gives you exactly what you are looking for but i will advice that you stay on mohits and nigerians good side so at least you have something to fall back on if things dont work out or arent going so great with Good music. I loved you all in mohits. You were all like brothers rooting for one another and it was refreshing to see that so u better dont ruin it by running your mouth. soon, i will get replies from ignorant ppl who love to throw the word “hater” around without thinking.lol..Damn i talk too much but this article just pissed me off.lol

• Krish

March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Very well said dear

• Miss T

March 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Infact you are making too much sense. For all we know G.O.O.D music might be a very wrong choice. I know for one that if D’banj changes his music style to fit the international market and it doesn’t have that comical,African rhythm, I will not grace my precious ears with the sound simply because if I want those types of songs I will listen to foreign artists who definitely do it better. For the fact that his dress sense is already looking altered from the well fitted clothes he used to wear already says alot.

26. udochi

March 14, 2012 at 4:02 am

i am anxiously waiting for Don Jazzy’s reply to this…..

27. TessySays

March 14, 2012 at 5:37 am

Ogbonna Amadi is not a respected journalist Bella. Please kindly refrain

28. jezz

March 14, 2012 at 7:54 am

Mk D’banj go sidddon 4 gutter joor…Yeye dey smell

29. Tiki

March 14, 2012 at 7:58 am

Dbanj is such a disappointing loudmouth. With such questionable presentation skills, how did he become a household name in Nigeria and much of Africa?

30. Theodora

March 14, 2012 at 8:03 am

Okay now…its time for Royal Rumble…..this fight go strong………. But Dbanj sha did you seriously have to mis yarn like that haba!

31. Gidi

March 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

This guy’s ego is world class. I wish he had a commensurate amount of talent in anything truly artistic. Crap voice, crappier lyrics, zero musical talent and can’t play a proper instrument to save his life. All these koko this, koko that will soon come to an end. This celebration of mediocrity cannot feed this large ego forever.

32. ms pretty

March 14, 2012 at 9:23 am

Dbanj shd SDFU, otherwise na tv and youtube people go dey listen to his crap soon

33. ij

March 14, 2012 at 9:47 am

real falling of hand comment, his ego needs to have a cup of camomile tea , its a bit much

• annie

March 14, 2012 at 11:47 am

Lmao @ camomile tea!!! hehehehehe…

34. Odior

March 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

@ Miss T and Chichi u girls hit the nail on the head….Dbanj does not have lyrics at all…….who wants to contest should pls go and listen to his album. I want to see how far he will go. Kanye’s horrible attitude/hug arrongance is sure rubbing off already, naija can sha copy yeye thing first

35. faith

March 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

patiently waiting for don j’s response to all this rumours….

36. Tee

March 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

@ those who said he is biting the fingers that fed him,which fingers pls?He and Don Jazzy both own and run the label so i don’t understand which hand he is biting.
    @those who said he doesn’t have lyrics,says who?Do some of u listen to wot he sings or its just the Don Jazzy beats ur all captivated by?Go and listen to Olorun Maje,Celebrate,Mobolowowon,even Mo gbona feli feli etc.Do u ppl actually listen at all?If u listen to Celebrate frm his entertainer album,u wld be amazed at wot u wld learn frm that track!
    @that one who said he cannot play a musical instrument?Are u flipping kidding?Wotever happened to the Harmonica he plays otherwise known as the mouth organ?He plays that thing excellently well to the tune of any song whether his songs or someone else???Look if u av personal beef for him,that doesn’t mean u shldn’t state the truth.
    All in one,i think he is being mis interpreted and didn’t mean it like some have interpreted.By the way,we never really know!I however hope they settle this issue in earnest ‘cos he and Don Jazzy are both great in their own ways.

37. miss sarcasm

March 14, 2012 at 11:20 am

all of a suddenly donjazzy is an artist not a producer,,,yes all of a ‘SUDDENLY’ cuz dis one pass my power

38. Dammy

March 14, 2012 at 11:38 am

I knew dbanj will ve d highest share in mohit nd dat means he his d rightful owner..don jazzy is jst a figure head president d owns mohit full as don jazzy part away his share maybe don jazzy should foam don record

39. Teniola

March 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

@chichi,u have spoken well and i equally concur that he has a good sense of humour,infact an excellent sense of humour and thats exactly the 1st thing that tickles my fancy in his songs.However u went ahead to say he is not a great artiste.I don’t understand wot ur criteria are for stating who is a great artiste and who is not.To me,i think he’s good enough.He’s got an excellent sense of humour like u rightly stated,he’s an infectious and a remarkable stage performer,he’s a great entertainer and a great instrumentalist.To be talented in all these areas is not child’s play and these are not talents u learn,they are in born!Now to the lyrics of his songs,i equally quite disagree to an extent.I have listened to so many songs of his that actually make a great deal of sense both the ones in Yoruba and English as a whole.I have particularly been inspired by some of them and equally learnt even more abt life and the ppl in it by listening to some of his tracks.See,D’banj with his sense of humour actually overrides the lyrics.Many are captivated by his sense of humour and Don Jazzy’s beats that we forget to actually let the wordings of his songs sink into our brains.Agreed,some of his songs are so damn comical to the extent that u wld jus laugh till the end.I agree he doesn’t have such a great singing voice but hey how many actually have good voices?That shldn’t really be a disqualifying factor at all ‘cos music is much more complex than we think.Its very relative and satisfies diff ppl in diff ways and with diff moods too.
    In reference to Bella’s post,i think he is being misinterpreted.I don’t think he meant half as much harm as we think.I understand that ppl may interprete this as pride but really,lets try and view it from multi directional points of view…Hopefully,they get this their issue sorted in earnest….Peace and Out!

• saywhat

March 14, 2012 at 4:21 pm

D banj was not mis interpreted…Ebony Magazine is a reputable magazine in the US….one of their reps has come out to say that they had four recorders and a Nigerian national who can interprete incase of anything at the interview…they would not print what he did not say….

40. Me

March 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Dbanj as lot it finally

41. queebeecee

March 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

i have never liked Dbanj,have always thought Don jazzy was d brain behind his ‘fame’..cant wait for this fall out to happen so Dbanj can finally go away for good

42. Zee

March 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Obviously, Don Jazzy and D’Banj are playing pranks on us and people are just falling haaaaaaaaard for them…lol.

43. Dozie

March 14, 2012 at 12:49 pm

why not visit mohit webpage and find out the answer straight and simple, o i will tel u guys this, mohit is donjazzy brand dbanj major first artist, i would most successful of them all,

Founded in 2004, Mo Hits Records is the Brainchild of prolific Music Producer, Singer and Song Writer Michael “Don Jazzy” Ajereh, with its first recording artiste being D’banj. The label has since signed four other talents (Wande Coal, Dr SID D’prince and K-Switch).

Since inception these artistes have collectively won multiple awards and sold over 50 Million records worldwide.

Mo hits Records, in 2008 also branched out into the production of TV content with the airing of the 2009 reality TV show “Koko Mansion” and in 2011 “The Entertainer

• Gina

March 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm

@Dozie, what you just read to me has confirmed that the statement accredited to D’banj is true. Why? I happen to know the people who drafted the agreement on the “Koko mansion” deal and “the Entertainer 2011”, these agreements were between D’banj and the other party and not Mo’hit and the other party. The transaction was not and I repeat NOT a Mo’hit brain child. This web page is just trying to exaggerate (permit me to say) Mo’hits achievement. So if they can do this what else can’t they do?

Also there has been reports that Don Jazzy is looking to set up His Own Record Label, why would he do that if he owns Mo”hits record or a large share of the label? In my opinion this gives credence to the statement credited to D’banj.

44. Alero

March 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Controversy sells!! Keep it up Mohits. U cant fool everyone for a long time.

45. Chy

March 14, 2012 at 3:44 pm

abeg whats d big deal after Laface (LA Reid and Babyface) split too, Beyonce and her Father split soo lots of music power house have split and the better survives so its kinda a good thing i just hope they grow from the situation.
    And as to gossip or no gossip “what if the story is true shd they not report it because it sounds like gossip”

46. Sir Fariku

March 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I think D’banj was taken out of context. I doubt he will break with Don Jazzy.

47. konnie

March 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I am happy BN posted this article or at least excepts of the interview. Transitions can be difficult and particularly in an industry with and industry were people are always being pitted against each other and exploiting . He is mot using his sense to use kanye as he is being used. The normal strategy of breaking close teams and businesses is at work. Obviously Dbanj is not as mature as he thinks or he would have seen this ploy and remembered all the groups that have been broken up the Jacksons etc. No excuses for Dbanj running at the mouth and trying to make himself larger than life.

He is about to find out that the joke is on him and that he is a figment of Don Jazzy’s imagination. I was hoping they would go far so hopefully, these distractions would not stop a good thing from happening.

48. listen

March 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Whether dbanj actually owns mo’hits or not, I believe don jazzy played a very big role in helping hm bcome a house hold name. And if al of these drama is to be taken at face value then dbanj really needs to feed his ego some camomile tea!!and I’m glad iv never been fond of him anyway
    Plus those who think bella shudnt have posted this bit need to keep quiet.

49. linda

March 14, 2012 at 4:49 pm

@ chichi and Gidi, wel said….dbanj, shuld go and rest joor, lets hear word abegi

50. Teniola

March 14, 2012 at 5:33 pm

@say what,whether they are a reputable magazine company or not,the bottom line is the ppl behind it are human beings and human beings make mistakes on a daily basis.If they don’t av the reputation of misquoting ppl interviewed,there’s always a first time.Only GOD does not make mistakes.As far as i am concerned,he was misquoted!

• ........just saying

March 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Did you read the part where she said they had four recorders 1-2-3-4?………I thought so too

51. duchess

March 15, 2012 at 10:26 am

And this has just been anoda cheap publicity stunt….curtains closed

52. Corner stone

March 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

@chichi idi 2 much well said
    @nike Ʊ r d ignorant one wat do Ʊ no bout illuminati yh we all sin but we dont delibrately sell our soul 2 d devil 4 fame and fortune soo shut d hell up..yu can talk after uv done ϋя own research on illuminati..mtchewwwww!!!
    @everyone of Ʊ who say dbanj is better off y’all are fools like som reasonable peeps rightly pointed out hope his music doesnt loose its essence now he’§ signed up wid Kanye aka sold his soul 2 devil knowin its a crappy deal…i luv dbanj he’§ a good entertainer but Don j made him a great entertainer…Don jazzy is the TIMBERLAND of Naija wat he does wid his beats r magical and we all know ϋя music aint shit witout a gud beat it covers all other flaws even wen ders nufin 2 sing about….4 him 2 hav said d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ on Ebony mag Mehhhnn…As for mistakes Ebony mag isnt owned by nigerians and cant i repeat cant make mistakes of this magnitude.
    @all of Ʊ who say he didnt bite d fingers d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ fed him..mmmhh..it was obvious d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ dbanj held Donj in high esteem and Awe weneva Ʊ see them in public.******anyways wish him luck but it had bera b worth it

53. Touch

March 15, 2012 at 11:46 am

I rli hope D’banj does nt regret his actions

54. Folake

March 15, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Can anyone tell me where to buy the Top Nigerian Style Magazines in U.K or in the U.S? or are they just online? Thank you..I love all the magazines featuring my best actress and actors..Where to find..Genevieve MAGAZINE, FAB, etc…Thanks

55. oyin

March 15, 2012 at 9:14 pm

D’banj was not mis interpreted you think ebony magazine is city people? they recorded every bit of what he said and the interview is on ebony website, dbanj is a dumb idiot, didnt you guys watch he’s sahara reporters interview.
    He just shouldnt have said that, its totally unecessary * kai Don-jazzy will be heart-broken oo cos the truth is he really likes D’banj*

56. Teeeem

March 15, 2012 at 9:21 pm

@corner stone,ur point exactly???Kanye West is in Illuminati according to u,how does that equal D’banj and Don Jazzy in illuminati as well?Who do u think u are that u can just sit and type things categorically and even go to the extent of calling ppl fools b’cos they have different opinions frm urs?
    Yes D’banj holds Don Jazzy in high esteem,so??Does that translate that he’s biting the hands that fed him?Who on earth told u Don Jazzy himself doesn’t hold D’banj in high esteem as well?Do u realize they help each other so very much?Do u realize D’banj himself brings out the best in Don Jazzy?Look,the fact that Don Jazzy is a producer does not in anyway mean all thanks must go to him.
    I like the fact that u said D’banj is a good entertainer and its only common sense that shld tell anybody that u cannot be great without being good in the first instance.Who made Don Jazzy this popular if i may ask?D’banj put it upon himself to start his songs with ‘Its Don Jazzy again’.Do all other artistes frm the same Mo’hits do that?Do all other artistes frm other labels hail their producers the way D’banj humbly did frm the very beginning of his musical career?Is Don Jazzy indispensible?Or are the other beat producers in Naija not talented as well?Even Don Jazzy cannot help but say many thanks to D’banj who encouraged him to come back home and stood by him thruout when all other members left Don Jazzy whilst they were still in London???D’banj is just as great as Don Jazzy,if not even greater so don’t even go there at all.They both have their exceptional talents and the fact that D’banj openly respects him despite him being older than Don Jazzy doesn’t mean he’s an ass licker or that he owes his life to him.They owe each other many thanks.Y does Don Jazzy concentrate on him so much?Have u ever asked urself that question?Do u kno wot he gains frm D’banj?D’banj is a brand and invariably the image of Mo’hits.Ev en insiders from Mo’hits camp have publicly stated that Don Jazzy may be the president of Mo’hits but D’banj definitely rules Mo’hits.I am not a party to wot this magazine quoted D’banj to have said and whether it is a nigerian magazine or not,human beings are still the ones in charge of it and for that singular reason,are not above mistakes.

57. Bee

March 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

@ all of u ranting and raining abuses at D’banj,may God forgive all of u.U think there’s smoke without fire?Do u guys know wot exactly is behind this statement?Which stupid fingers is D’banj biting?If only u guys know wot went wrong plus how Don Jazzy stabbed D’banj,u won’t be ranting all sorts of gibberish abt D’banj.Its unfortunate u don’t kno but by God’s grace, u lot wld know in due course.Never ever judge if u don’t know wotever happened behind closed doors.D’banj,i pray that the almighty who put u where u are today,wld keep guiding u and take u to even greater heights…Amen!

58. oyin

March 16, 2012 at 11:55 pm

@bee if you have any glue of what went down behind closed doors btw d’banj and don jazzy then tell us oo. but what ever it is dbanj shouldn’t have made that statement.

59. kingskaka

March 18, 2012 at 9:49 am

what I read from ebony magazine is try to tell me that. D banj is the really owner of mo’Hit, and don jazzy is one of his young Artist, pls my people, No one should involve in this matter rather advise them. hope that on day they will settle their differences.