Events

Kim Kardashian Arrives Lagos for Dare Art Alade’s “Love Like A Movie” Concert – Photos

After much anticipation, American reality TV star Kim Kardashian, the co-host for Dare Art Alade‘s “Love Like a Movie” Valentine concert has arrived Lagos.

She arrived today at 8.20pm aboard an Air France Airways flight. “Love Like a Movie” will take place on Sunday 17th February 2013 at the Eko Hotel & Suites Convention Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Check out some photos from her arrival.

Photo Credit: Ade Plumptre and Victor Ekezie (BHM)

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. Aproko

February 17, 2013 at 12:15 am

Welcome to Nigeria Kim… love you loads

2. Chic

February 17, 2013 at 12:24 am

Some naija based bloggers are calling her “Los Angeles Big Girl” lol!

3. jbk

February 17, 2013 at 12:34 am

I hope u’ll enjoy ur stay. Love u KIM!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Wowza

February 17, 2013 at 12:36 am

Wow she is really staying busy and active during her pregnancy. Good for her I wish her a great time in Naija and a great delivery with a healthy baby.

5. babe

February 17, 2013 at 12:56 am

She looks scared!

• Mz Socially Awkward....

February 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I suspect they must have briefed the living daylights out of her before this trip, flagging up boko haram, kidnapping & all such security issues Nigeria’s constantly in the news for.

I hope she has a good time and sees for herself that the country is not all bad.

6. Mayor

February 17, 2013 at 1:10 am

haha. Na gbogbo Bigs Geh dem suppose call her now. shior.lol Welcome to Afica’s finest Kimmy!

7. Bukstar

February 17, 2013 at 1:18 am

I am sure the body odor in that airport nearly finish am.

• CovertNigerian

February 17, 2013 at 9:57 am

Yes, especially since there are absolutely no bad smells in her country.

• reicko

February 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm

…But i am sure that’s not the first thing that welcomes her. You get to MMA and the body odor literally wants to kill you.

• LOL

February 17, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Please there are bad smells everywhere?

8. Gold

February 17, 2013 at 1:27 am

Luv u Kim!!

• jayats

February 17, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Really – you love someone that you have never met – nor will you.

9. Floxy

February 17, 2013 at 1:33 am

@Chic.. Is she not a big gerls? Gbogbo big gerls *jenifa voice*…. Lol

10. BC

February 17, 2013 at 1:45 am

She got her a Biiiig security guard. Lol, she needs that.

11. Lol

February 17, 2013 at 3:41 am

Looool….when she experiences that heat,she will take off those boots

12. Lol

February 17, 2013 at 3:42 am

And I can’t wait too see the pics from the event.i bet naija girls go over represent

13. Valerie

February 17, 2013 at 4:04 am

Yes Girl! I love her and she sure knows her stuff. Here in the states she just as popular as anything these days I am surprised Kanye didn’t accompany her since he seems to pop up unexpected.

• jayats

February 17, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Since you are so close to the two of them I could only imaging your surprise – it is just shocking, maybe he didn’t make it though airport security…..

• Chic

February 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

@Jayats you will not kill me with laughter lol! @Valerie E don do we know you live in the states New York to be precise

14. Hi

February 17, 2013 at 4:40 am

Nigerian women didn’t go to the ……. 2 receive Kim K? like their females did when she visited the other African country of recent.

15. NikkyJay

February 17, 2013 at 4:58 am

Love you so much Kim!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!

• jayats

February 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I am sure she just loves you so much. Expect many US Dollars to appear in your bank account

16. dont mention

February 17, 2013 at 5:46 am

i have made a conscious decision to not dislike this girl and any human being on earth. i cant keep judging her on her past bc am sure she realises now it was a mistake n i have made misakes too in ma life n wud not b happy if anyone judged me on them or disliked me bc of them. that said, she has a really good fashion sense n her entrepreneur skills are just one to emulate,seeing her she has built herself an empire n carved a niche from a reality show. i think she shud b a nice person too…..hope she delivers on de hosting gig n naija peeps enjoy while u hav her……life is too short, go live it de fullest but wisely too…..a little nice n safe fun never killed anybody…..goodluck to her and dare art.
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

17. faith

February 17, 2013 at 6:21 am

Welcome Kim….love u too….

• jayats

February 17, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Really – is it her large rump that you love or the fact that she is an environmental disaster – expelling CO2 with every thought

18. sarah

February 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

So its true. Welcome to naija kimmy

19. lulu

February 17, 2013 at 6:39 am

Luv u kim, welcome

20. Inatimi

February 17, 2013 at 8:24 am

Darey u r on point.kim wc 2 Africa

21. Lola

February 17, 2013 at 8:36 am

Awww. I like TheKardashian sisters.i hope she enjoys her stay in nigeria

22. uniqueaffairz

February 17, 2013 at 9:00 am

Ur welcome Kim K. Bt u sure look scared; dnt wori we won’t bite. 🙂 *winks

• jayats

February 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm

goodness – maybe it is being afraid of the black planet ….

23. teekay

February 17, 2013 at 9:02 am

welcome Kim, hope you have a lovely experience in nigeria

24. bgirl

February 17, 2013 at 9:21 am

She should have at least pulled off the boots too as she pulled the coat..trueehheat for that MMA for don make am nearly faint.

25. huh?

February 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I was thinking we are still mourning,the show would have being put off,we are talking a vibrant sensational celebrity has gone…Luv the kardashian anyway esp Khloe

26. Chyke

February 17, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I hope Linda Ikeji, Chika Ike n d rest of Kim K’s w0rshippers has bought their tickets. There dream of seeing Kim live has come through. Darey for even bring Agbani Derego no be dis old 4kilicant. Naija lyk to hail Whites sha.

27. tega

February 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm

is she going to sing or what?

28. Xtsy

February 17, 2013 at 2:14 pm

DVT/PE risk is increased in pregnancy.

29. veer520

February 17, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Ha see Joyce Boneli right behind her. She goes everywhere with her make up artist, nice… & wats that security guy looking at.,

• Comfort B.

February 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I think Kim’s security guy is looking at the uniformed guy with the gun and wondering, ‘hmm, does he have what it takes to keep us safe?’

30. funke

February 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm

please wat time is d event?

31. moiy

February 17, 2013 at 3:32 pm

So what are you then? quick to judge.

• Titi

February 17, 2013 at 6:23 pm

@ moiy, it’s your life so live it the way you want to. I survived stage 3 cancer last year because God decided to give me a second chance, this opened my eyes. I’m trying to change my priorities and live a worthwhile life and only wish people would learn too. Bless you

• LOL

February 17, 2013 at 11:23 pm

@Titi, I respect the fact that you are a christian but I will like to correct you on something. If you have set priorities as you said. You will not be on this site in the first place, what does talking about a celebrity have to do with judgement day. Please, know when to call God at the right time not at mondane issues like this. If you know the ten commandments, you will respect the 3rd commandment. As for Kim Kardashian, she is an LA girl who came from a wealthy Attorney and she used her ways to rise to the top, its her business how she lives her life not for anyone to judge her. I respect her fashion, business mind and love for her family but she not worth killing yourself over.

32. Titi

February 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

If Joyce Meyer were to come to Nigeria, how many of you would go? Be careful what you make your priorities……… Be careful ho you live this life as very man would give account on he last day. bless you all.

• Blogger

February 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

and Joyce Meyer is God?

• chidi

February 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm

No Dear, she is most definitely not. She is just an inspirational speaker. Listen to her on joycemeyer.org it would help you a lot. Bless you.

• Urban

February 18, 2013 at 1:33 am

So many damn sanctimonious folks.Always acting like they are better than others.

33. Titi

February 17, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Sorry about the typos *hugs*

34. Bey

February 17, 2013 at 4:42 pm

[email protected] chyke kim k worshippers..wt is she coming here to do?? Smh

35. Sara Adebayo

February 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm

To be honest and frank: I am not into her.. I truly prefer 10000000 Genevieve, Rita, Nse and others to KIM KARDASHAN. This is from the bottom of my heart.. No hard feelings or jealously.. I prefer my Nigerian Star Icon to her… truly.

• Yewande Aje

February 17, 2013 at 7:08 pm

but no one asked you!!!!!!!!! If you don’t like Kim. K then don’t like her. No need to bring other names into the conversation. Tomorrow now, Keeping up with the Kardashians will be playing gingerly in your living room. SMH, today is Sunday o, it should be a hate-free day.

• Sara Adebayo

February 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I don’t have answer for a low life like you! I live in a free country : The United States of America.. born and raised and my kids borne and raised. I can say my opinion when I want, when and how.. You don’t like it take a walk. I have the absolute right to view my opinion .i don’t watch Keeping up, I just don’t have time to watch some crap.. they don’t represent my view of family and tradition. If you love kim and others who have expressed it that is fine. Don’t hate me because i have expressed my view. If you love and like Kim. Good for you my dear. Now let me make myself clear again: I AM NOT INTO KIM or any member of her family… Their views and mine are opposite, we don’t have the same upbringing and the same view of society. My parents have dedicated their lives to raise me right and entrusted in me good values.. self respect of my own Nigerian and Gambian culture. Capiche???

• Mz Socially Awkward....

February 17, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Bia Kim, come see wetin you dey cause for here oh! Oya do quick finish ya show begin go, biko, this one wey you never even stay reach 24hrs & kata-kata wan bust fight wt our african brethren.

And we neva even enter the othe side of kata-kata when our Nigerian bros go begin inspect your “ikebe” during the show under the fuming glare of their wives/girlfriends/side-runs… hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Urban

February 18, 2013 at 1:31 am

“Madam my children are born and raised in US”, but you saw a post with her name on it and you were still compelled to comment!

• Allelaw

February 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm

@ Sara…see mrs ” I gave birth to my children on the moon”, that absolutely means nothing to us, who cares where you live and gave birth to your kids, Kim is in Nigeria and as Nigerians we welcomed her her.. For you to pop up from wherever to tell us you do not like her is very much your problem..It’s hate free day like she said. Infact na lie u nor dey US.. na those days we dey freak for all that nonsense . Born ko air borne ni. Ok I was born and brought up in the US (no be only u) but HOME living lavida loca. After all u no be better Nigerian-half baked

36. yemi

February 17, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Welcome my dear kim, I lov you so much, enjoy ur stay

37. wiklo

February 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm

i know she’s absolutely not due yet but imagine her giving birth while there in naija!!!…..dual citizenship all the way, lol…

38. HABBA

February 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm

there needs to be permanent AIR FRESHENER in that airport! i know the smell has givin her stomach upset

39. Missbrown15

February 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Nigerians and misplaced priorities. No hard feelings against Kim but there are way more important things out there to be over the moon about. Yes she is the reigning queen of show biz but as far as i am concerned she is not a role model for young ladies today. Her fame today has been brought about by so many unsavoury activities.

40. Oluchi

February 17, 2013 at 8:13 pm

welcome to Nigeria Kimmy

41. Damola

February 17, 2013 at 8:24 pm

hi kimmy, love u loads. was hoping mama Kris would make it as well. nyways welcome to naija

42. Ochuko

February 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

kimmmyyyy is in town, Nigerians dey run things oh choi. i like kim k tho, hate me if you wanna, biko all this controversy over kim k is ok o see as Sara Adebayo and yewande dey tackle themselves…….enoff said#okbye#

43. Cottoncandy

February 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Sorry buh i dnt like anything bout Ɣ☺ΰ Kim

44. PK- SOUTH AFRICA

February 18, 2013 at 7:46 am

she looks so scared hey………….! when she came to South Africa with her sister Khloe, they were so vibrant, they were signing autographs even at the airport and takin photos with the crwod that was in Capr Town international…..

45. Miss Posh

February 18, 2013 at 8:55 am

Oooooooh cat fight! lol

46. Peachy_mo

February 18, 2013 at 9:12 am

Sighs….positive, negative and indifference the truth is…no one is perfect and we aren’t all of the same opinion. I wonder how well all of us will pan out if placed in the same position she is. Like 2face said “we are all different and unique in our own different ways…” so lets live! truth is whatever opinion you have of these celebrities doesn’t count to them as long as the big bucks keep hitting their accounts. You simply adore Kim? feel free to profess your undying love. You hate her with a passion? I don’t even expect you to open a blog/link that has her name in it. Doing so only prove you have a deep hidden like (in some case respect) for her. Of course critics will talk but don’t expect not to get a response from her fans…but while going through this + and – comments endeavor to accord respect and not use vulgar and insulting words albeit your humble, well-brought up background…it just defeats your intention. That said, I am indifferent about her and truly wish her all the best, and happiness!

47. chioma

February 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

buhahahhahahahahahahahahaha……Jst love the way some ppl mind functions. @allelaw n @mz socially awkward

48. Comfort B.

February 19, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I hope she takes care while she’s there and drink lots of water for the baby’s sake. God bless you all.

If you love Nigeria, watch this video youtu.be/7JSRs9RafvI