Music

EME is Still Family! Wizkid Opens Up About His New Record Label, Star Boy Music

wizkid vixen

I’m sure I’m not the only one that found it a little bit suspicious that at the beginning of Wizkid‘s new “Azonto” music video, there wasn’t any EME logo or reference but rather, just – Star Boy.

Star boy

Yvonne Vixen Ekwere helped us quell some of the rumors regarding Wizkid and EME when she met the star boy himself on the red carpet. In this next clip, Wizkid verifies that he’s starting his own record label, Star Boy Music and that he and EME are still in good terms.

I wonder which producers and artists Wizkid is going to get on his roster? Share your thoughts.

Check on it!

Source: VixenRedCarpet

1. Dlapikin

March 4, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think it’s too soon for him but hey!? Good luck!

2. SOMEBODY

March 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

ermm… wow hes own record label, i mean wiZ kid is great he knows how to deliver the music but i feel he should have waited a little more anyways God be with him, keep making good music wiZZy we love it…..

3. Forever Blessed

March 4, 2013 at 11:35 am

Good luck hun

4. Kaffy

March 4, 2013 at 11:37 am

5. Kaffy

March 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

Nice 2 hear dat,bt i tink u should hav wait 4 2 year,2 achieve sum little tins…well best of luck dude…i always enjoy every bit of ur music..luv u guy.

6. Lydia

March 4, 2013 at 11:44 am

Am happy 4 him,l wish him success,but I think he shud av waited 4 som more years,anyways wizkid wish u gudluk,my 3yrs old son is a gud fan of urs,kip it up!

7. youngduke

March 4, 2013 at 11:53 am

hey great one wizzy whish u the best..everything has a start and an end ,we meet people and we leave people

8. Visit www.dprodigaldaughter.com

March 4, 2013 at 11:59 am

Y’all are right… it might be a little too soon for a label BUT never say never yeah? Good luck!

dprodigalchild.wordpress.com/

• chucks sloane

March 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Susup girl its not too early he get all it takes, dats one tin that’s holding me back in my musiz career. If the money is there I would have ve been famous by nowby now. Chucks sloane

9. Spanky J

March 4, 2013 at 12:13 pm

The general concensus is TOO MUCH TOO SOON..and I agree.
    After JUST ONE album?? Typical naija, underestimating the work involved.
    Running a record company no be beans o, Whizzy..U go gentle O!

10. POSHILLA!!

March 4, 2013 at 12:26 pm

ABEG NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

11. Omoba

March 4, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Story!

12. Joan

March 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I love Wizzy, but it’s too soon…all the best though 🙂

13. koko

March 4, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hopefully it works out for you. If I understand contracts etc… that azonto song was developed and produce under EME. How does he pull it off on Star boy without ……
    Hopefully, he go that all squared away

14. Shawwy

March 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Wait but is it really too soon? Isn’t that what all these American acts do these days? Hmmn, it doesn’t really matter sha? If he stops producing good music then I guess we’ll move on to another artist. Make he try go school sha….get a business degree or something.
    Me sef I’ll work for Chevron for two years and then go start my oil company…..hehehehe #careerpasscareer

15. Isima Richards

March 6, 2013 at 12:12 am

Shawwy! You are funny. I also think its too early, he still has so much ahead of him.

16. shinesunny65

March 8, 2013 at 6:29 am

Wizzy did not intend to float his record like that.banky refuse to review his contract.wizzy get a meagre 25% as his share out of 100% he makes.banky get 50% while his manager,osagie get 25%.they are milking the hard working young boy.

17. Truth Hurts

March 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Now that is an eye opener!

18. asyAZE

March 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm

pls wizkid don’t maind them jor,let dem say.every man is a title to his own opinior 4rm p.rapson

19. Jznera

March 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Wizzy abeg no mind dem, if u think u can do it then go on, dere is nothing like too early.God has destined u to b great nd dere is nothing any body can do about it.Am an upcoming artiste dat wants to work wt u pls here is my contact 08135146071 thanks for calling

20. 9aino

March 14, 2013 at 10:55 pm

4 dose of u dat re complaining abt ds Young man.pls make u na free am abeg. The guy is gifted, wizzy carry on my man, if possible self come bak come remix what so called EME.

21. SPENDIO

March 15, 2013 at 7:07 am

wow wizkid ur real a star boy i like de way u do ur own things but dnt let people confuse u,just carry on i whish am sign into ur label.good luck,am up coming artist i rilly need someone like u_07063018759.

22. Olaniyi julius

March 15, 2013 at 11:52 am

U av wat its takes my guy so move on wit. Dont allow sombody to be taking ur loyalty for grated, remmber wat apen to 2face wit kennis music… But look at 2face today his ontup of d worl

23. Nicky boy

March 15, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Wizzy noni am really hapi wen i heard dat i pray may God lead ur ways keep it up man i luv u wizzy

24. Martins ebuka

March 15, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Wizkid ayo is it true that u have join convict music rebel

25. lovikence

March 16, 2013 at 10:16 am

ogbeni weezy shey kosi:i was going tru ur issue with eme and i felt d pain u felt;bt broda d truth b say you took a bold step out of ur episodic past and u did’nt allow ur background to put ur back on da ground.i also want u 2knw that u’re still young nd d decission is very good,bcus if u no decide now na wen dem done chop and use u finish na him u go decide.anyhow all d bst but try sign me too ”bcus i think we have somtins in common” and dat is music.still upcoming sha dis is my numb incase God use answer my prayers tnx 08134721555 or lovikence/facebook.com

26. Lil jim

March 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

Wizzy u too mush i like that keep moving no stopin coz God is with u, is ur boy lil jim

27. vick

March 17, 2013 at 1:10 pm

wizzy bro….u nid 2 enjoy ursweat nd nt sum 4kd up bosses…we…are…solidly behind u()8093067797

28. spencer

March 17, 2013 at 3:42 pm

i love the way u are…the way u drop it up and down wizzy i want to follow u go plz let me follow u go…start star boi dn’t wast no time right nw i tell u dat i like u and i love u wizzy i feel every thing dat u do i want to follow u go o o o, o o o wizzy let me follow u go..08183084929 rapper

29. Wetana

March 20, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Wizkid is my dude, mehn!!!, am a dancer/ singer/writer
    Would really love to work wiv him joor, buh anyway wishes are not chocolates
    Keep doin wat u̶̲̥̅̊‎ kno best joor, u̶̲̥̅̊‎ r a real icon, mehn! U̶̲̥̅̊‎ de best
    Much love…… preview, my songs @ 9jamx.com/wetana

30. wetana

March 22, 2013 at 7:59 am

I’m a singer/writer/dancer, I reaally have much love 4 wizkid, he’s a pro and much talented, so I kno he will do so well with starboy#, I onli wish am in d team…. Check out my music @ 9jamx/wetana, much love……

31. Abdoulrasheed tajudeen

March 27, 2013 at 8:23 am

Wizkid noni…keep doin woht yhu kno bzt;yhu re a rill icon dude…keep pushin god ll hlp ozz….26DA40A8. 08036983998…@abdul_bamalli

32. Ajayi damilola olatunde

March 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Keep it up man. I’m a good stepper. I dance. Hook me up on 08169667223 07012884474. I’m a graduate and presently a corper serving in akwaibom state. I’m upwardly mobile. Find me on facebook, Ajayi Damilola Olatunde

33. tayo

April 11, 2013 at 12:54 pm

wizkid what u are doing is not goooooooooood at alllll, Banky w was the one who made u who u are today, u are such an ingrate

34. WIZARD

April 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm

@wetana, would you dance to my NEW SINGLE RELOADED ?? TITLED ILEKE….

35. right king entertainment

May 18, 2013 at 1:30 pm

am always with wizkid…

36. C.collins

June 2, 2013 at 7:34 am

Am so happy 4 yuh wizzy baby, having ur own lable is good than staying under a cheater that will use ur had earn money for other artists that we don,t even knw.meen i must say u are one of d most famours artist in Africa keep it up. we luv u

37. SPENDIO

March 2, 2014 at 6:54 am

Wizkid we still on top of bad belles matterz o,and all ur enemies wil neva see u.Am SPENDIO an x-box entertaiment.follow the link 2download my new songs and videos.contact+2347063018759..twit me @SPENDIO2. Open my link and download songs and know things about me.wizkid ur de realman of the game.