News

“Wedding Gift from Senate President David Mark to 2Face & Annie Idibia” – A Brand New Chevy Corvette | Photos

2Face Annie Dubai BellaNaija 56
Guests spotted this brand new Chevy Corvette with the message “Wedding Gift from Senator David Mark to Tuface & Annie” at the couple’s wedding in Dubai yesterday.

2Face is from Benue State, the same state as Senate President David Mark who is the Senator for the Benue South constituency.

The retails from $49,600 in the United States which is approximately N7,850,000.

Here is how the official website describes the car;

Corvette has carved a permanent place as an innovator in the global automotive landscape and is the top-selling high-performance sports car in its segment. From its standard 430-horsepower LS3 all-aluminum V8 engine, 190-mph performance and its 26-MPG-highway† fuel efficiency, Corvette defines state-of-the-art technology, engineering and design among luxury sports cars year after year. And with options for personalization, the 2013 Corvette stands to reflect unparalleled distinction.

According to CKN Nigeria, Special Adviser – Media & Publicity to the President of the Senate David Mark, Kola Ologbondiyan allegedly claims the gift is not from Senator Mark {Click HERE to see the full report}

Senator Mark did not visit Dubai for Tuface wedding rather he attended the 128th Inter parliamentary Union (IPU) conference currently holding in Quito, Ecuador. He was also not represented at Mr. Idibia’s wedding. It is also instructive to state that the President of the Senate, Senator Mark, did not make a car donation of any kind to Tuface before departing Nigeria for Ecuador neither did he purchase nor send any car to Dubai as a wedding gift for the musician or his wife. Who made the donation on behalf of the President of the Senate?
It is therefore a puerile lie for anybody to state that Senator Mark bought a Ferrari car worth N47m for Tuface. The allegation is wicked, ridiculous and irresponsible.

What should we believe, the photos or the politician’s PR? No word on how the car will make it back to Lagos where the couple is based.
2Face Annie Dubai BellaNaija 55

1. Lucy

March 24, 2013 at 11:51 pm

So because Akpabio bought jeep for Annie, as per indigene of Akwa Ibom, David Mark sef decide to mark register for Tu Face as per Benue indigene. Na God go judge am, 47 Million abi? It is well for Nigeria.

• junior

March 25, 2013 at 1:41 am

shut up.. did he beg 4 it?

• JAMES

March 30, 2013 at 5:28 pm

LOOOOOOL YOUR TO FUNNY

• Yewande Aje

March 25, 2013 at 2:39 am

i don’t know if you people are just deaf or what. the car is a corvette and its 7M…please stop spreading bloody rumors. I don’t know how people looked at this car and concluded it was a ferrari. blindness will not be your portion

2. omg!!!

March 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Tax-payer’s moni is on the loose. Msheeew!!!! wetin happen na!!

3. French niara

March 25, 2013 at 12:01 am

Ok oh.

4. MEE

March 25, 2013 at 12:03 am

Nonsense, in his fathers house in otukpo, they dnt even have a generator, David shud jst go n’sit down

5. HABBA

March 25, 2013 at 12:03 am

Nigeria is ruined!! our country don spoil finish! is this how they are using tax payers money t0 buy CARS for CELEBS! this is a shame!!

6. Joke

March 25, 2013 at 12:09 am

may God CURSE Nigerian politicians …. that with all the money meant for the innocent citizen they are wasting, they will never find peace and and all their generations will die untimely and mysteriously AMEN!!!

• Meme

March 25, 2013 at 12:38 am

Amen to that!

• Twerrzzz

March 25, 2013 at 3:44 am

Amen to that

• Slimgirl

March 25, 2013 at 11:23 am

BIG AMEN

7. Dasia

March 25, 2013 at 12:11 am

Huh it seems all nigerians are happy for Annie and tu baba, there was a car for their trad now there is another car for white wedding the next one is a house from our Oga at the top . Thank you senate president pls the money can also be channel to the needy. Congrats Annie and tu baba hope this will put an end to another baby mama

8. kemi

March 25, 2013 at 12:13 am

ahn okay oh. what can i say.

9. IkoAbasi

March 25, 2013 at 12:15 am

if e pain u too much ,make u buy ur own give them- person nor fit buy gift give person again! ‘POVERTY IS A BAD THING’

• ebube

March 25, 2013 at 1:10 am

People like you are the problem with Nigeria. You obviously do not have a lick of sense and I wonder why your comment got apporoved

• Iris

March 25, 2013 at 11:18 am

Are you serious?! Like …. seriously serious?Do you live in a bubble inside Nigeria or are you simply quite high?

10. Detutu

March 25, 2013 at 12:15 am

OH GOD pls help us in Nigeria, save us oh lord for our souls have become corrupt…. how can he justify the money, was it from his savings? oh God!!!!!! cant even speak

11. Our government officials are dumb clearly

March 25, 2013 at 12:16 am

this is soo dumb, im happy for them and everything but you dont see obama giving jay and beyonce wedding presents, what the hell. This is ridiculous. So because he was lucky enough to be noticed as an artist and do one major song , he deserves an expensive sports car, free travel expenses in dubai for 30 close friends and 2 suv’s, are you kidding me? what about all the other artists who are just as good or better but were not lucky enough to become successful? This is ridiculous, and Goodluck really really needs to do something about all this reckless spending going on with governments, there are way too many officials acting awfully. They are also not setting good examples for the younger generation, its just one big vicious cycle ,URGH I love nigeria but these people frustrate the hell out of me sometimes. GRRRRRrrrrr

• Cynthia

March 25, 2013 at 12:44 am

Thank you for this comment, this gift to me is unnecessary. Misplaced priorities.

• Go Big or Go Home

March 25, 2013 at 1:02 am

Ho w can Goodluck do anything about it, when he is the one granting all the looters Prsidential pardon. All the politians know, that no matter how much they loot, they will go scotfree at the end of the day.That’s why they embezzle openly and even rub it in our faces. Goodluck is officially the worst President Nigeria has ever had!!

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 11:40 am

We’ve never had a good leader. The rest were just smarter and had more control. Goodluck is weak and a dumb broad who studied animals. That’s his specialty, animals.

• Oyin

March 25, 2013 at 4:16 am

God Bless You!!

• Let them say

March 25, 2013 at 10:50 am

Why not direct your anger to the politician rather than the recipient. That only one song he wrote and sang put Nigeria on the planet, he made a major difference in his generation, why not go ahead and do the same or better still just get a life.

• Vee

March 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm

You need to come to Cameroon, all of them are in prison right now (ex prime ministers, ministers, CEOs etc, all in prison due to corruption) mtschheww

12. Imasu

March 25, 2013 at 12:17 am

#crying…

13. sandy

March 25, 2013 at 12:18 am

Thank u ikoabasi, true talk.

14. nma

March 25, 2013 at 12:19 am

This politicians are so daft see tax payers money its like the tax office in Nigeria does not know their job begin going after this guys let them tell us how they could afford to give a gift like that as public servant

15. Gertrude

March 25, 2013 at 12:20 am

Lmao sorry, I can’t get past the fact that he taped those ugly cardboard things to the car.

Oh and another lol at “No word on how the car will make it back to Lagos where the couple is based”

Oh and how many cars do these people need?

• gorgeous

March 25, 2013 at 12:57 am

Yeah…….that bothered me too….about the card……soo fake……buh haven’t you heard abot shipping companies?you can send a car anywhere.this is 2013

• Non professional opinion

March 25, 2013 at 9:02 am

Haven’t you heard about the letter t? You can replace it with your h and create a word that means something.

• Italian Princess

March 25, 2013 at 8:37 am

LOL I’m surprised people saw anything other than the tackiness of the cardboard! Lol That’s all I saw.

16. sal

March 25, 2013 at 12:21 am

Absolutely disgraceful, that money could have done a whole lot for starving/homeless children in his state. He should hide his face in shame !!! These are the “airheads” we have as politicians.

17. Our government officials are dumb clearly

March 25, 2013 at 12:21 am

LEts not forget that this is the same guy that has about 3 or 4 baby mamas ,..6 kids in total. They are now saying that the fact that she stood by her man through thick and thin shows that shes the true akwa ibom woman , oh PUHLEASE , yes i give her that she tried but dont encourage such behaviour by rewarding her for it, that was her choice , dont encourage others to do the same thing, if they want to do it let them but if they dont end up the way annie did that’s on them. Don’t these older people realise that they need to be role models for the younger generation and set good examples. ah ah these people are DUMB, Infact I am running for president, and incase you can’t tell, I am a woman. because clearly the men in our country dey one kind. 😛 please dont attack me o , that last bit was a joke, but really I’m running for president, watch this space people 😉

• IFy

March 25, 2013 at 5:36 am

President to be… please do “us” Nigerians well when that time comes o 🙂

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I applaud your goal but Alameseigha will become the first female president of Nigeria. Google that criminal to see her looking pretty in her traditional attire.

18. TONIA

March 25, 2013 at 12:25 am

His press secretary just released a statement saying the car is not from the senate president……

19. Dooshima

March 25, 2013 at 12:29 am

Bella Naija your facts/bio about David Mark are not correct…there is no such thing as Benue State Constiuency…you copied that from Wikipedia’s page which is not correct….there are three constiuency’s in Benue State…Benue North East, Benue North-West and Benue South which David Mark represents.. 2Face and David Mark are from the same tribe the Idoma’s which are the second dominant tribe in Benue State after the Tiv People. History Lesson over 🙂 ….other than that..Keep up the good work!

20. IkoAbasi

March 25, 2013 at 12:32 am

na ur moni, wetin! POVERTY mentality, ‘is it ur moni, abeg hustle 4 ur own N spend it’ who cares if u burn it

• sal

March 25, 2013 at 12:58 am

I think your statement says it all really, if there is anyone on here with a “POVERTY mentality” as you put it, it is you!.

• SS

March 25, 2013 at 6:14 am

you must be be very silly for that response,as if you hv common garri to drink in ur house,and you feel buyibg a car worth that amount is the best gift from him,May God punush mark,well tuface and his wife can enjoy it,na thr gift,they didnt dip hand into anyone’s pocket,but if this car is trully from david mark,may his generation pay for this bitterly……….,heard this same selfish mark rejected a bill for unemployed graduates to be paid 20k monthly,i repeat,his generation would pay for it…….msheew

21. gorgeous

March 25, 2013 at 12:54 am

David mark you fall my hand?what is in a 7 million naira car?…………. Too cheap..you can do better…….

22. MIZ

March 25, 2013 at 12:57 am

Selfish idiots. Give to the poor or charities mehn. Naija is -.

23. MIZ

March 25, 2013 at 1:05 am

IkoAbasi, poverty content of the mind dey worry u. It is worrisome that these people who are well to do get cars while the ones that work hard everyday gets nothing. Some of these politicians will not give to a good cause but they give towards rubbish like this.

24. Anu

March 25, 2013 at 1:06 am

@IkoAbasi this has nothing to do with poverty mentality. The outrage here is the source of funds for these expensive gifts. Not many will comment if it was Dangote giving the gifts, but these so called “public servants” are using our money as though it was theirs.

• My spirit is vexed!!

March 25, 2013 at 1:17 am

Exactly….If it were Dangote or Adenuga, not many would complain! but how does a public office holder afford such lavish gifts on a stranger?? somebody please tell me how??!! I would expect Tuface to return this car, as he is one of the few people that still sing about social justice and political conscience in Nigeria!!
      and please, I curse anyone that wants to write a yeye “if it were you, would you return it??” reply in advance…Na thunder go fire your poverty stricken/ corruption ridden mind. And,Yes!! I would return it!! Tuface can afford that car, he doesn’t need it!

• junior

March 25, 2013 at 1:48 am

please if u guys dont know the truth about tins, then dnt jump into conclusion.. were u dere? he shld return it were? did he beg 4 it? pls dont put nigeria’s problem on d guy(2face).. him born children una complain, him marry na still problem.. shld he die b4 una go rest? abeegggyyy

• TalkThatTalk

March 25, 2013 at 5:29 am

1. the couple should go and rest small o.. after all this I bet they need it. “Noise” is not a friend of the body (..but what am I saying, they are celebs what do you expect they are prolly loving the whole thingy). Hian
      2. Hmmm Dangote, Adenuga … etc please and I mean please other “noble” Nigerians should emulate these icons and help the country and not the same whole VICIOUS cycle of what have you. The system is CORRUPT… but I believe AMENDMENTS can still take place. #Prayer

• My spirit is vexed!!

March 25, 2013 at 8:19 am

@Junior….your senselessness was already anticipated so may it be unto you according to the autoreply I previously put in place for dodoyos like you!!
      @TalktheTalk…I never said those entrepreneurs were “noble” o! But at least there’s the front that it’s their personal money…..shady money gotten at the expense of other Nigerians? maybe….but at least dem get company. What’s David Marks dealios? plus a public official doling money out is never a good look!!

25. Tomi

March 25, 2013 at 1:18 am

Hmm his press secretary just denied the allegations….time will tell and d truth will be out soon..maybe the senator really bought the car o or the newly weds just wanted to make the headlines which obviously they already did we shall hear with our ears soonest!

26. Alexander Archibong

March 25, 2013 at 1:41 am

2baba u r a tru born of AFRICA congratulation stick to ur wife stop promiscuous life it will not pay u niga

27. Temmy

March 25, 2013 at 1:48 am

@ doshima who gives a – abt constituencies in ur state.abeg back seat if u dnt av any tangible thing to say,,

28. luqman

March 25, 2013 at 3:41 am

Won fe pana, oluwa wa!
    misplaced priorities from Ababio (one text book like dat) to Mark (x).

29. AW

March 25, 2013 at 4:07 am

1. Nigerian politicians will never own up to anything (in some cases even their own names)
    2. How can we sit down and think there is nothing wrong with what Mark did? Why is it that when things are clearly wrong, a group of people do not seem to see it that way? and unfortunately in Nigeria those group of people always have the final say? Nigeria is is beginning to look like a dark tunnel with no light in sight. How can anyone justify that gift?

30. madman

March 25, 2013 at 4:16 am

Nigerians deserve the leaders that they get.

• My spirit is vexed!!

March 25, 2013 at 8:36 am

Sad but true!!! How anyone can justify this is beyond me…..

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 11:58 am

The fact that some people cannot see anything wrong with this nonsense shows that their brains cannot go beyond coming up with insults at some of the Bella N celebs and praising Rita D & Genevieve’s clothes.
      It;s either Nigerians enjoy being abused or have -0 sense.

31. taiwo

March 25, 2013 at 4:44 am

Then 2 face go come and be singing Nigeria go better and yet he is taking a car from a corrupt senator may God punish everyone of them. i want to be happy for this couple but damn they are making it hard!

32. V baby

March 25, 2013 at 4:53 am

Na Pot wey don full already na im people dey put water, thousands of people dey die everyday for Naija, wey these thief thief politician dey busy dey buy buy cars as weeding gift with public money, God go reward all of una. For Inno and Ann una happy married life oo

33. Sel

March 25, 2013 at 4:58 am

Guys i came across 2 face and Annies vows,love it
    2Face’s Vows:
    Many years ago I was farther than the eyes could see.
    Now we are now in that future
    When I look into your eyes, I still see
    You came into my life and you lit it up
    Like the sun, like the moon, like the stars
    All the words in the dictionary
    All the words in this world can not be enough
    To say what my heart feels for you.
    But all I can say is baby, my heart is like a stereo right now
    And it will beat only for you till death do us part.
    I love you baby.

Click to read Annie’s vow;

Annie’s Vows
    My joy! My heart! My friend! My love!
    I stand before you today as open as I can ever be, humbled by the light and love in your eyes.
    13 years ago, I met the most amazing man on earth! I flew on the wings of that love, uncaring, unheeding! Believing firmly that you are and will always be the wind beneath my wings!
    Life happened, oh yes Life happened but through it all my heart beat only for you!
    My heartbreak became my greatest joy!
    My strength! My life!
    Day after day I am more in love with you!
    When people ask me what is love! I say Love is right here! This moment! This second! Today! Tomorrow! Love is you! Love is real! Love is my eternity with you Innocent Ujah Idibia!
    I give you all of me today knowing that in you and you only has this imperfect girl found perfection!!!
    I do 13 yrs ago when I met you, I do 7yrs ago, I do 5yrs ago when we created our daughter! I do through all the blogs and tabloid headlines! And on this day, at this very second I stand in front of the world and I say I do take you as my wedded husband! I love you! I love you so much, so so much!!!

• Italian Princess

36. sherif

March 25, 2013 at 5:23 am

Senator David Mark Denies Buying Tuface A 2013 Corvette Sports Car

ajetun.blogspot.com

37. gbemmy

March 25, 2013 at 6:25 am

ikobasi or whatever ur name is,u’ve got Chicken brain,they are millions of pple who are in need of that money,pple with heart problem and its just5million naira of that money that wud save their poor lives?it makes no sence if u given to the Rich,let’s make the society a better place by helping the needy,thank you.

38. Temizzy

March 25, 2013 at 6:49 am

oohh please guys get over your self and move on, if you where the one married to 2face you wont say its lavish gifts mcheeewww Awon bad belle people abegi. Pls enjoy your giftS Innocent and Annie.

39. paul

March 25, 2013 at 7:01 am

Wats all dis bitter talk abt? Is it jealousy?poverty or frustration.only a few nigeria youths canhave the courage to pursue their dreams and endure d pains to. Top. Tuface has done his so stop talking trash and do urs.As for me, I’m so happy for that guy,2 cars as marriage gifts,nawa o

• My spirit is vexed!!

March 25, 2013 at 8:33 am

You what is bitter?? THE TRUTH!! so you are happy that politicians are wasting money buying lavish gifts for celebrities??….Please where else in the democratic world can this be condoned??….you Mr Paul are the reason Nigeria wouldn’t move forward…you are Myopic and overly sentimental. All wealth, even the ill-gotten is a blessing from the Lord in your eyes!! Let me guess….the MyOgaAtTheTop guy was persecuted as well abi? we know your type…Lovers of mediocrity! Endurers of Uselessness!! Condoners of Corruption!! we will eventually weed you all out! this rubbish would not be tolerated in our generation, so be warned!!….
      and yes by the way, I am a huge Tuface fan! between him, his awesome talent and hard-work, he can afford to buy this car himself, so whats the big deal?? it is you that just can’t see beyond your poverty stricken nose….msschewww!

40. kema

March 25, 2013 at 7:48 am

Y’all are so funny so u dnt think the 7million is from his own saalary please dnt make me laff….congratulations to d bride and groom. The gov has a right too spend his money, so deal wit it and stop hating.

• jenny

March 25, 2013 at 8:24 am

I am sorry for you… cos if you know how much his salary is then you will know why everybody is complaining cos from his salary there is no way he can afford anything like this. Maybe I am stupid in believing that the problem with Nigerians is because there not aware of the way things ought to be, but maybe the truth is they dont want to know and dont care about it, they live only for themselves and the present… which is really sad.

41. lymelyte

March 25, 2013 at 8:16 am

rumor!rumor! Rumour!? It is not true brodas and sister.
    David mark denied buying any car for tuface.
    cknnigeria.com/2013/03/david-mark-denies-buying-tuface-ferrari.html?showComment=1364178592547&m=1

• luqman

March 25, 2013 at 8:31 am

Was the tag on that car written by spoiler that wanted to capitalize on David Mark reputation? *yimu*

42. Chris Ayo Joseph

March 25, 2013 at 9:31 am

But this wasn’t the only car gift 2face and Annie received. I was in Dubai for the wedding, and there were 4 other Car gifts given to them. You know what? I think 2face will be spending an extra cash in shipping his wedding Gifts from Dubai to Nigeria because the gifts were so so much. Exclusive pictures are for the Redsheet Entertainment Magazine. Anyway, congrats 2baba.
    Twitter- @Chris_ayojoseph

43. Stella Kashmoney

March 25, 2013 at 9:39 am

The rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer.

44. Prettyme

March 25, 2013 at 9:40 am

Waste of pulick fund

45. Chyke

March 25, 2013 at 9:43 am

Na so our money dey go na. A whole Tubaba wedded and n0 f0reign artist @d wedding. I t0ught he is d best in Naija n is known W0rldwide. Wetin cum happen? I Still lyk him sha.

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 11:46 am

Stop with that inferior complex crap. He doesnt need a foreigner to have a great wedding.

46. Grace

March 25, 2013 at 9:53 am

Hmmmmm,wether its worth 47m or 7.m,2face and Annie got the gift so make them enjoy am…still on sharing of national cake as e be e don reach their side nau….smh.:)

47. Annie

March 25, 2013 at 10:25 am

So u people are saying David mark does not have 7m of his own to buy 2face a gift….because he’s a politician every penny he spends is stolen….I see. He did nt buy him dt gift as showoff, tuface is like a son to him….pple wisen up abeg

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 11:45 am

Annie, I don’t expect any smart comment from you. Aren’t you supposed to resting after your wedding?

48. katchy

March 25, 2013 at 10:52 am

its better 4 u all to think b4 u talk n it is quite obvious that we have a lot corrupt nigerians waitin to get to the lime light b4 doing worse than wot is already being done by the gov. look there r two sides to evry story i 4 one do not know wot to believe. the only thing i’d say here is everyday 4 d thief…………….. u know the rest.

49. Wateva

March 25, 2013 at 11:12 am

O please enough of this haba….All this politicians spend so much money on other useless things u and I do not know about. What is 7million to David Mark? Its nothing. If he used our public fund to get a car present for tuface and his wife, then allow them enjoy their gift. They did not beg for it. Truthfully, most of u are actually worse coz if u were in Tubaba’s shoe, u would beg for more. Please free dem joor , go and do something positive in ur life dat can attract such favors in your life. Hypocrites !!!

50. bimpe

March 25, 2013 at 11:14 am

Please i would just like to ask a simple question: Was this gift bought with David Mark’s funds, state funds or country funds?

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 11:42 am

I hope this is a rhetorical question.

51. MENDOUS

March 25, 2013 at 11:33 am

OGA SENATOR DAVID MARK YOU FALL OUR HANDS. WHAT YOU DO IS JUST WICKEDNESS YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE NEED YOUR HELP BY REPAIR THEIR ROAD AND GIVE THEM GOOD HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT AND SCHOOL BUT U JUST USED THAT FOR ONE PERSON. HOW WILL THEY FEEL U. SOME OF THEM NEED JUST 5K TO 10K FOR SCHOOL FEES BUT NO HELP FROM PEOPLE LIKE U. PLS IS WICKEDNESS. WORK IS STREET AND TELL US U DIDNOT SEE PEOPLE THAT NEED YOUR HELP.

52. lahips

March 25, 2013 at 11:43 am

Annie’s vow sounds more real than that of Tuface

53. dj whyt

March 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

2face is worth anything he is giving…u guys shud pray for ur own breaktru so u wont be celebrated with garri and sugar.. na im fault say God don do am… abeg dnt blame wu gives nd wu takes…pray for ur turn

54. Joe

March 25, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Life is a roller costar..let God’s will be done
    If it is Government money then God is watching..but if not ………
    A man with scattered kids around had only one kid present at his marriage ……..
    as if the other kids are not that important to him…
    The only positive character about tuface is that..he is a good musician
    aside from music talent…reasoning mentality (zero IQ)
    Enjoy the gifts while natives of AkwaIbom and Benue are suffering with little or no social amneties like good roads and clean pipe borne water..
    After all will not even blame 2baba a gift is a gift did he ask for it?? no…but a man with some reasoning IQ..will know what to do ………..

55. Peachy_mo

March 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I have never directed insult at a particular person but right now, I am tempted to ‘directly attack’ someone BUT I was taught better, to always hold firm …. deep breath…

Dear IkoAbasi,
    I will understand your childish and thoughtless comment if you are below the age of 16 as immaturity will be the order of your day but if you are above the said age, then you are the ruin of your generation. If at all you work, pay your tax and comply by other civil duties expected of you, then by sheer default, you should be interested in the allocations and spendings of the people you put in political positions. You should monitor how the monies are being allocated and spent ‘logically’. When it comes to the treasury of a community, it is not a child’s play (I expect social studies should have taught you that in secondary school). All kobo is accountable for. Yes, Governors and Senators can dole out gift to whom ever they deem please but it should be within their monthly or annual pay not something pointing outrightly to funds being misspent and managed.

You lackadaisical attitude is the reason why Aye Kwe Ama’s book The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born is true of your generation. And to you and your fellow cohorts who thinks those in protest of the unnecessary gifts are being driven by poverty, frustration and jealousy I pity for you what exactly have you all achieve in your life? what legacies are you leaving for your generations to come? I see it…the future is BLEAK for you.

For those who protest and raise their voices against the injustice being done to us by the bulls we put in political position, I can only say; one day, our voice will be heard.We may not benefit from it but our generations to come will tell stories of our struggles and celebrate us just like we celebrate Chinua Achebe today! The struggle of the likes of Awolowo, Azikiwe M.K.O (excuse my not mentioning more) to make Nigeria a great nation will not fail in our…we will passing the burning torch to our offspring.

Iko Abasi et al, I implore you to go back to your drawing boards and see things from a clearer perspective, take interest in your environment and most of all, be a tool for change in your society.

• Bunmi

March 25, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Please don’t waste your time on these people. You cannot make a blind bat see. We don’t need to take ourselves back. Let’s leave these people behind. Like I said, they are most interested in pop culture. These are the ones who will vote for Alams/ Goodluck if he offered them blackberry phones or sacks of rice because they don’t care about the future. These leaders will resign, take their stolen funds and invest in themselves while you and your children will continue to suffer for their greed.
      We are fighting for accountability and transparency because these bastards don’t give a damn. Rubbing their illegal acts in our faces and dumb people like Abasi are saying “is it your money?” Yes ode, it’s our money. We work hard for this sh*t..people don’t have food, homes etc. You barely have power, you have to supply your own water, security..Haven’t we had enough? Stop gaining your education from celebs and entertainment blogs and read a book on Nigeria as a failed nation.

56. Joe

March 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@Peacy-mo Gbam well said……..

57. Temizzy

March 25, 2013 at 3:06 pm

you guyssss, ahn ahn enough already this car is what is making
    most of you vex like this…oya no vex lets move on as the circle repeats. you rant on BN when time to cause change come you run inside your houses plss ehn BN published this for us to just read ehn stop this hating its too much you need energy to face the upcoming serioous issues at hand. quit whinning ove 7m naira car*holds laff* Remeber say no light for your area..hehehe

• My spirit is vexed!!

March 25, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Dude, it’s not even about the gift or its recipient. People know this man embezzles way more money and can afford to dash out a car 10x as expensive. But I wonder, so just because the car is “only 7m” we shouldn’t give a damn? (have you even seen 70k in your life?) Does the OccupyNaija movement not prove that people have had enough of all these rubbish? but still your fish brain can only give primary1 level answers about ranting in public. Let me tell you…we will rise again! It is the same blood that ran in the veins of our fathers when we got independence that still runs in our veins (we need independence from corruption) and just like the colonial mentality, brains of people like you has been sabotaged by corruption….but one day we will rise!!Our spirit is stared, we have had enough….

58. Ken

March 25, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Like 2 face said to all you shady politicians, You will need my Vote once more and e b like say them want to tell me another story again ooo Now them Don Settle am with car If I were 2 Face I would return it because so that I would atleast pratice what I preached.

59. Ugo

March 25, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Is this definitely real? I mean, senator is misspelled in the sign… I can’t imagine someone buying a million naira car and then misspelling senator. Maybe this is a hoax.

60. NNENNE

March 26, 2013 at 1:38 am

The answer is simple! 2 baba please say thank you to these donors, sell these cars, give the money to charity, make it public that you did so.
    You are a celebrity already.Do not let these politicians use you. Believe me, the rewards will come.

61. POSHILLA!!

March 26, 2013 at 11:45 am

AND DAVID HAVE D IMPETUS TO DENY WEN HIS NAME IS CLEARY WRITTEN ON CARD BOARD SHEET ! LOL! OSHI!!

62. Amebo

March 26, 2013 at 1:55 pm

People, if you want to have a sense of how D Mark ‘marked-out’ your common wealth, try and access and read the comments of the Judge who presided over his divorce from his wife in a UK court. We are still talking about the same Mark who bought a golf course abroad and said phone is not for the poor. He is your senate presido today and can ride over u all to become your ultimate presido if he likes. Yes, what can u do to stop him? Plenty mumu for Nigeria who have no standards in morals or principles. Plenty more too whose only thought by way of a solution is ‘God dey’. So tell me if u have any hope.

63. Ekwuta Tony

August 1, 2014 at 9:58 am

When people tailk about wealth acquisitions by the Nigerian public office holder, I refused to believe in view of what I am reading about David Mark. I refused to agree that David Mark (Senate President) is also a currupt man. As far as I am concern he is being blackmailed by those who did not like him. Mark did not mean to say that “phone is not for the poor” he was trying to let Nigerians know how expensive the phone were as that time. This should not be misinterpreted to mean that he did not want the poor Nigerian to have telephones. For somebody to read an excerp from a lengthy speach a sentece that could be annoying to the public is highly unacceptable. Mark has been a “servitude” in all his life in the public all these while without caring for himself. Yet some people are acusing him of curruptly enriching himself. Where did he keep those wealth? Go to his house at Otukpo Obi-Oju road you will agree with me that this man will regrate for not doing anything for his people nor himself. Dave Mark and Prof. Jerry Gana the former minister of information are the Nigerian of a kind in view of corrupt enrichment while in the office. In Nigeria when you hear people saying that the man didnot do anything when he was in office, it means he did not corruptly enriched himself. Professor Jery Gana was such a man. He was transperent throughout his tenour as a minister. David Mark is another public office holder I can say he not corrupt as being rumoured. I am saying this because I ‘ve been to his village at Otukpo in Benue State. I beg the blackmailers to please stop distroying the public office holder even if they don’t then.

64. wolex

May 26, 2015 at 10:34 pm

As the matter of fact, we all know d fact dat we are in lacking of good leader in did country but to say d truth, if David mark present 100m. gift for a person he have the money and he worth it. I don’t think wat he did I too bad as far as we all know dat is a normal thing to present gift. if I were him I can do better.