Music

Just the Two of Us! BellaNaija presents Top 11 Celebrity BFFs

Onos

The celebrity life is no walk in the park. You always need your ‘bodyguard’ by your side because you never know who or what could be coming your way.

In an industry fraught with ‘haters’, fans, paparazzi and well, people who tend to be hard to trust, to put it mildly, who do our favourite celebrities lean on in times of need? Their best friends, of course.

So, today, we profile 11 stars and their BFFs (Best Friends Forever). Oh! You didn’t know 11 is the perfect number for BFFs? 1 + 1, get it?

Omawumi & Waje
Omawumi-and-Waje-400x600
They ‘occupy Nigeria’ together. They perform at shows together. They pose for magazines together. They talk about each other during their own interviews. When we say BFF, there’s no better duo.

Omawumi bestiesoccupy_day3_omawumi_tiwa_waje1 Waje-Tosyn-Omawumi-600x400

D’Banj & Olamide

Capture

“They have more photos together than my girlfriend and I… and we’ve been dating for over two years.” I did not make that up; one of my really good friends said that in reference to ‘Baddo Lee’ & ‘Banga Lee’. Yes, they have nicknames.

Ever since the Mo’Hits’ split, D’Banj has been mostly spotted hanging out with his brother, Kay Switch or fellow musician, Naeto C. But, ever since, Olamide and D’Banj got close, we’ve seen things like this:

D'Banj Olamide (1)D'Banj Olamide (2) olamide

John Dumelo & Yvonne Nelson

Jmelo

Are there any movie stars as close as these two? Well, maybe, but not as cute.

Yvonne Nelson John Dumelo (1) Yvonne Nelson John Dumelo (2) Yvonne Nelson John Dumelo (3)Jmelo & YN

May 19, 2013 | Great show….music awards….kisses from John…mayb we should get married…what do y’all think by yvonnenelsongh on Keek.com

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi (Beat FM) & Kunbi Oyelese (April by Kunbi)

2012-Headies-Hip-Hop-World-Awards-October-2012-BellaNaija011-400x600

I spoke to Gbemi a few minutes ago and guess what, she was at Kunbi‘s house, need I say more?

Gbemi Kunbi Gbemi Kunbi (2) Gbemi Kunbi (1)

Desmond Elliot & Uche Jombo

desmond-elliot-and-uche-jombo

We’ve seen them go from featuring in movies together to producing & directing the movies themselves. These two go way back.

Golden-Icon-Awards-Desmond-Elliot-Uche-Jombo uche jombo PHOTO-Weekend-Getaway-premiere-

Ariyike Akinbobola & Funke Akindele-Oloyede

Funke Ariyike (1)

When you feel the need to tell the whole world who one of your friends is, then you know it’s one of those forever relationships, right?

Funke Ariyike (3)

Uti Nwachukwu & Alex Ekubo

Uti

When the depth of your relationship starts breeding relationship rumors, then you know you guys are buddies for life.

Alex-Ekubo-and-Uti-Nwachukwu-photos-by-Adeplumpter

Nse Ikpe-Etim & Rita Dominic

Rita Dominic & Nse Ikpe-Etim

With “Phone Swap”, Nse spurted herself into a whole new degree of fame and became one of Nollywood’s A-listers. And ever since, she’s been frequently spotted with fellow A-lister, Rita Dominic, even at Nse‘s very private wedding ceremony.

Nse-Ikpe-Etim-Birthday-Dueces-November-2012-BellaNaija032-600x495-785411 Uche-Jombos-Birthday-6-Nse-Ikpe-Etim-+-Ramsey-+-Rita-Dominic

Dr. Sid & Don Jazzy

2Face-Annie-Dubai-BellaNaija-2

Through record labels, splits and business deals, the dynamic music-making duo of Dr. Sid & Don Jazzy spell out BFF like bosses.

Don Jazzy Dr. Sid

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu & Noble Igwe

ebuka noble

They are part of a crew called ‘the unrulies’ #DazAll.

Jim Iyke & Nadia Buari

Jim Iyke & Nadia Buari

They recently presented the award for ‘best collabo’ at the Ghana Music Awards and with her cameos in his reality TV show racking up,  these ‘best friends’ are the ‘closest’ of them all. 😉

nadia-buari-and-jim-iyke-at-Ghana-Music-AwardsJn Jim-Iyke-and-Nadia-2
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
As we remember Goldie fondly, we cannot forget the beautiful friendship she shared with Denrele Edun. RIP Goldie

Goldie

Photo Credit: BellaNaija | Instagram | FabMagazine| OloriSupergal | Twitter | Nollywood Mindspace | TheNETNg | SpyGhana

1. loveth .O

May 22, 2013 at 9:08 am

I Hope it last forever, whiching u guys well in all u do

• Jen

May 22, 2013 at 10:24 am

O_O

It’s “wishing” dear

• flo

May 22, 2013 at 12:50 pm

lol

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 22, 2013 at 11:38 am

Or maybe it was “winching” she really meant? Gerrit??… Arghh, don’t mind me, it’s 3.36hrs into my working day and I still haven’t properly woken up yet…

• flo

May 22, 2013 at 12:51 pm

u guys will not kill someone here with laughter

• bidibang

May 23, 2013 at 7:12 am

Like seriously jim iyke and nadia are definitely buck fuddies!!! and same as john and yvonne those two are just fooling themselves they love each other and i pray to God they get married..

2. Hilda

May 22, 2013 at 9:11 am

ok

3. london's finest

May 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

dbanj and olamide?????

seriously ??? !!!!!

how can you say both of them are BFF.

of course they are NOT !!!

working together in the studio or ”touring” together doesnt make both of them BFF

• Jen

May 22, 2013 at 10:25 am

Even me I was like “seriously?” when I saw it

4. Kamal

May 22, 2013 at 9:22 am

I like Desmond and Uche’s friendship, as well as Yvonne and John’s!

• flo

May 22, 2013 at 12:54 pm

john and yvonne are fun together and more real too. desmond and uche like them too but jim and nadia seems like they are in a relationship than being BFF’s.

• jennietobbie

May 22, 2013 at 11:10 pm

same here

5. Hurperyermie

May 22, 2013 at 9:24 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Jim and Nadia we are here watching oooooooooo i pray u dont end the relationship with a scar on your pretty face sha

6. Sexxie

May 22, 2013 at 9:26 am

I admire Waje and Omawunmi’s friendship a lot, they r more like sisters now. As for Uti and Alex, don’t know what it is but I respect those two for their tick skin, inspite of all d rumours, they r remain unflinching.
    Yvonne and John…great or friends with Benefits?
    Jim and Nadia…not Bff, definitely bf & gf.
    Desmond & Uche…good friendship even better business partners
    D Banj & Olamide…too early to tell, didn’t they just start?
    Don Jazzy and Sid?…new bff Alert? Thought it was someone else…
    Oh! My heart aches for Denrele…Sad! death did part them…RIP Goldie.

• Sexxie

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

Oops! **thick skin…they remain unflinching.

• Jo!

May 22, 2013 at 11:15 am

God haf save you, lol

• Teris

May 22, 2013 at 11:16 am

concur. i think a lot of this is stretching reality to meet “11”.

7. moving on swiftly

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

Gawd!!!! Loveth pls! *holding my head* …. as you pronounce na so you write and spell am. smh

• hehehehe

May 22, 2013 at 10:04 am

Na… she was just ‘winching’ them the best. its a new word. Wish+witch :d

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 22, 2013 at 11:41 am

Aha, you gerrit… 🙂

8. Ure

May 22, 2013 at 9:30 am

i particularly love the friendship that Waje and Omawunmi share, its so beautiful and i pray their love continues to grow, good friends are hard to find. #missmyBFFDamilolaAdekoye

• flo

May 22, 2013 at 12:57 pm

me too

9. Toke's Accent

May 22, 2013 at 9:31 am

Very Interesting read Onos. Well done for being innovative with your content.

10. Priscy

May 22, 2013 at 9:36 am

The real BFFs here are Omawumi and Waje, Goldie(RIP) and Denrele. I dunno about the rest

• Yinka

May 22, 2013 at 11:21 am

Exactly. Especially that Dbanj Olamide combo.

11. flexy

May 22, 2013 at 9:41 am

i gbadu waje and omowunmis friendship. they two stick.

12. Partyrider

May 22, 2013 at 9:41 am

I don’t consider dbanj and olamide bbfs.. Like they just started hanging out less than 6months ago. The same way Jim iyke and nadia are dating,so err they can’t be considered bffs too.

I was hoping to see banky W and tunde on the list.
    Anyway refreshing post ..

13. Mahogany

May 22, 2013 at 9:42 am

Hmmm! Nse & Rita..feels so mature. I likey!

14. Nneka

May 22, 2013 at 9:49 am

I agree with you priscy . .

15. Lecker

May 22, 2013 at 10:00 am

abeg where is Genevieve?

16. Couture By Makioba

May 22, 2013 at 10:00 am

Used to like Kate & Stella …. What happened to them?
    Omawunmi & waje real friendship..more like sisters …u can quarrel then settle
    Rita & Nse… I like them both
    Uti & Alex…. Like their friendship too….

17. Libra

May 22, 2013 at 10:03 am

jim iyke is an embarassment to fashion…SMH

18. agbeke

May 22, 2013 at 10:05 am

i am in total agreement with Priscy….the fact that people hang out together does not make them BFFs

19. Nomy

May 22, 2013 at 10:10 am

Nse and Rita are friends? 2 people i trip for, i really like. I admire Waje and Omawunmi biko, those vocals ought to stick together. Meanwhile the male and female friends una own dey always dey tricky, its never so easy or so straight forward, ha! Finally Alex and Uti i like una own join too, all that handsomeness in one place!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 22, 2013 at 11:46 am

@ Nomy, that na lie oh, re your comment about male & female friends always being tricky. One of my BFFs for lyyfeee is a dude (me, I be woman) and we’ve been home-skillets for about 18 years and counting. He will always be one of the closest people to my heart and we have never attempted to take what we have into romantic territory. That would just be catastrophic to the great friendship we’ve got going.

Shout out to Reg, I love you, bro!!

• jcsgrl

May 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Hmnn I winsh you the best in your relationship with Reg….I kid! I Kid oh! You know I love ya hn. Muah!

20. Amaka

May 22, 2013 at 10:18 am

Ehya…it would have been Dbanj&Donjazzy; Waje&Omawunmi are the winners of this round!I dont get Desmond&Uche’s BBF-ness lol..still cute tho.Then Dbanj&Olamide?!since when?

21. salsera

May 22, 2013 at 10:20 am

i agree banky w and tunde should be on the list, uche and desmond for sure , waje and omawunmi u can tell y they get along so well. The others I’m not so sure

22. Lizzy O.

May 22, 2013 at 10:25 am

Yvonne and Dumelo though!! It’s sooo beautiful! Lol… If they’re both single, I call marriage sharp sharp. What else?? They are too cute!!

Sad for Denrele.. 🙁
    And Nse and Rita though? I would have guess Rita and Kate Henshaw.. (based on Instagram pictures. Lol).
    Gbogbo biggzz girls and her bff are lovely!

Oh and once again, Dumelo and Yvonne, do quick and marrrrrryyy (if you’re both single).

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 22, 2013 at 11:51 am

I refer to my above response to Nomy. No be every male/female BFFs wey dey destined to date or marry, e fit permanently kill the good friendship come turn them into enemies.

(chai, I’m jobless this morning oh… roll on 12noon biko, make I waka go enjoy my half-day holiday)

23. dupe

May 22, 2013 at 10:27 am

Where is Muna and Sarah Ofili?
    2face and Sound Sultan?
    Banky W and Tunde Demuren?
    Morell and Rayce?
    Many more bruv!

• Andie

May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am

But is Tunde Demuren a celebrity? They said celebrity BFFs na. Meana waila, dis noble is really short sha. Or is my lovely ebuka just really tall? Bella please do a list of ‘friends with benefits’ and put dem Nadia and Yvonne dem in that list abeg

• If you are a wedding lover/enthusiast visit my wedding blog @ www.cakesbymizvuitton.blogspot.com

May 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Same way Kunbi Oyelese is not a celeb. Infact I consider Tunde Demuren (he is part owner of EME if I’m correct, he is also ‘allegedly’ toolz’ boo 😉 ) more of a celeb than Kunbi. The fact that she’s hyped here on BN doesn’t automatically turn her into a ‘celeb’ . We use that word very loosely sha.. Now tuface and sound sultan, that’s called BFF. Those 2 go waaayyyy back.

• Partyrider

May 22, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I even forgot 2face and sound sultan…brothers for life!!
      Onos you just used dbanj&olamide and Jim&nadia to occupy space.

24. HRS

May 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

I absolutely adore Omawunmi and Waje’s friendship, it’s a beautiful one, I also admire Uti and Alexx, don’t care what peeps say, but those guys are just very close buddies. Denrele and Goldie (RIP love) had a beautiful friendship, I can relate with it as my best friend is a guy, and we’ve been very close for almost 10years now, we are like 5 & 6 and certainly no intimacy whatsoever!

Nadia and Jim’s friendship is suspicious, but it could truly be just what they call it.

Desmond and Uche, Yvonne and John, Ariyike and Funke, Kunbi and Gbemi, lovely! Olamide and D’Banj….hmmmm, Time will tell… I still got lots of love for u my Skibanj!!!! 🙂

25. loveth O.

May 22, 2013 at 10:36 am

@ moving on swiftly pls do not hold ur head again Sorry, wishing better

26. Shaniqua

May 22, 2013 at 10:36 am

Creative direction…i like very much…BN, keep it up

27. Adebisi

May 22, 2013 at 10:42 am

where is Bankyw and Tunde Demuren???

28. gistyinka blog

May 22, 2013 at 10:45 am

great work…. rip to the late diva

29. Ms. Jayee

May 22, 2013 at 11:05 am

Aaaawwwww….Nice! But you forgot to add Genevieve and that MUD chic

30. ruth

May 22, 2013 at 11:14 am

yvonne and john’s frndship is hot!

31. kokoqueen

May 22, 2013 at 11:24 am

The True friendship I respect:
    1. Derele and Goldie (RIP)…True aand pure friendship
    2.2face and Soundsultan…Menn dier friendship I respect
    3.Waje and Omawunmi..sister power
    4. Uche jumbo and Desmond elliot…tested and truted
    5. Banky W and Tunde Demuren…dy alwz stick togeda
    6. Basket Mouth and Bovi…I just love them
    7.I go dye and I go save….I go dye has made so much sacrifice for I go save
    8. Dr Sid and Donjazzy…Dr Sid loves and adore Donjazzy..dnt knw abt d oda cos he hardly talks O_o
    9.Juluis Agwu and Okey Bakassi…Menn dy have been thru thick and thin together and as strong as ever
    10. Uti and Alex…I just hope dy r not friend with benefits..if they are Lord please forgive my ignorance
    11. AY wife and juluis Agwu Wife.
    NB: I do not disagree with Bella list….True friendship to me is standing up for someone regardless of their position in Life and lifting such person to ur level…Derele, 2face, I go dye are simply priceless…God Bless them

• CFA

May 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I think I love your list better. Some of these friendships go way back.

• Idak

May 23, 2013 at 12:28 am

Very correct list.
      I really respect that No. 2 in your list.

32. HER

May 22, 2013 at 11:24 am

Omawumi and Waje= True BFFs
    Yvonne and John= Super cute, pls date.
    Uti + Alex= Creepy

The rest = Time would tell.

33. her royalmajesty

May 22, 2013 at 11:34 am

i like uti and alex… yeah wheres banky and tunde demuren? denrele sure do miss goldie alot, they were really close

34. chinchi

May 22, 2013 at 11:50 am

Ebuka bet y Noble nah? 🙁

35. Rapu

May 22, 2013 at 11:52 am

Where’s basketmouth and Bovi?
    I love Yvonne and John… cute people

36. huh

May 22, 2013 at 12:08 pm

You should do a tag on REAL Life bestfriends…so i can send you 1million pictures of my bestfriend and I With a story of how we met lol

37. dammy

May 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

john and yvonne need to date pls!

38. Omo1

May 22, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I do not agree with all the BFFs oh! Some of them I believe just happen to take a pic or be present at an event together which is normal as celebrities which is normal.

The BFFs i’m sure of that has built a non seasonal friendship are:

Omawunmi & Wadje
    Uti & Alex
    Don Jazzy & Sid
    Denrele & goldie

39. corolla

May 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Very forced post.se you called the so called celeb to find our if they are truly bffs with these people?

40. comment awaiting moderation!

May 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Yea,so agree with 2face and sound sultan…Pls scrap Olamide nd Dbanj on the list! What is the full meaning of BFF?

• Eve

May 22, 2013 at 3:37 pm

best friends for life.

• Bisqo

May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Nope, it’s Best Friends Forever. BFFL is Best Friends For Life…

41. Mama

May 22, 2013 at 12:49 pm

How I long to have TRUE friends or even a Best friend!!! 🙁
    Someone who will never betray you, judge you, compete with you or be jealous of you.
    True friends are rearer than Gold

• jennietobbie

May 22, 2013 at 11:11 pm

same here

42. Tessiee

May 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm

hmmmm, i love omawunmi and waje, rip goldie, i adore ur friendship with denrele

43. The Real Madam the Madam

May 22, 2013 at 1:47 pm

A lot of these BFFs are breaking news to me sha. D’Banj and Olamide ke?
    The only ones I’m taking seriously are Waje and Omawumi, Uti and Alex, Uche Jombo and Desmond Elliot, Ebuka and Noble.

Good content Onos, but like the others said, you missed Banky W and Tunde Demuren.

44. Amazeballs!

May 22, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Pls pls pls, dont get it twisted, Dr Sid and Don Jazzy arent bff’s! more like Dr Sid, is panting after Don Jazzy, not the same thing!

• Idak

May 23, 2013 at 12:25 am

Did Don Jazzy confide in you?

45. Madumere Chidiadi

May 22, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Ebuka and Noble, Denrele and Goldie, Omawunmi always there for Waje. Cute friendship!!!!! Nse is my best and favorite actress, am not sure about she and Rita tho’ …maybe she and Stephanie Okereke…hmmm…can only imagine. Dbanj and Olamide strike me as gay bikoh! I feel uncomfortable for them i swear down!!!

46. Sean

May 22, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Lol… Lovely comments, you guys forgot Chinedu Ikedezie and Osita Iheme Aka Aki and paw-paw, the combination of Julius, Okey and Basorge!

47. kenora

May 22, 2013 at 3:55 pm

jim ad nadia are not BFF ..they are dating,even a blind person can see the love in nadia face..

48. beeess

May 22, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I honestly love Yvonne Nelson and John Dumelo….I don’t know if they are friends with benefit but I just need them to hook up already… or maybe they already have…hahahaha

49. Idak

May 23, 2013 at 12:23 am

you forgot Okey Bakassi and Julius.
    Tuface and Sound Sultan.

Meanwhile some of the pairs here seem forced,especially the Dbanj/Olamide one.

50. Nora

May 23, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Why are Dbanj and Olamide even on this list?

51. dee one

May 24, 2013 at 2:41 am

I don’t agree with this ur list at all…I can only pick out four pairs on this list that are confirmed BFFs
    Waje and Omawunmi (the whole world shud knw dat by now)
    Uche and Desmond (she confirmed it in an interview)
    Uti and Alex, and of course …..
    Late Goldie (RIP) and Denrele

The rest either have a comma to them or are just downright untrue….
    Olamide and Dbanj…..say wat???
    Nadia and Jim…..no no no, those two are definitely lovers
    As Long as Tuface and sound sultan are not on this list, then it is most def not complete. I once read somewhere that Monalisa and Nse are (maybe its now were) besties, that Nse even lived with Monalisa, what happened to that friendship and as someone also pointed out there was once Kate Henshaw and Stella Damasus…I really wanna know wat happened to that friendship too.

52. Nollywood REinvented

May 24, 2013 at 4:41 pm

One that I definitely can’t argue with is Ebuka and the other guy.

And now we can take away Jim and Nadia as apparently those two are not Aki and pawpaw but space and skittles……………lmao, what the heck does that even mean?

53. Jay

May 28, 2013 at 8:09 am

Sorry its Desmond Elliot and Ini Edo

54. joyce

August 2, 2013 at 5:29 pm

im a fan of uche and desmond, yvonne and john just look cute together