Music

She Sings too? Ghanaian Actress Juliet Ibrahim to Shoot her Debut Music Video “Celebrate”

Juliet Ibrahim

Trust me, I was just as surprised as you are should be right now when I found out that the vivacious Ghanaian sweetheart Juliet Ibrahim had dabbled a little bit in the music industry. She dropped her debut single, “Celebrate” sometime in late 2012 and is presently getting ready to shoot a music video for it.

She broke the news when she put up the below photo on her Instagram page.

Check on it!

Juliet Ibrahim music video

And, just in case you haven’t heard “Celebrate” featuring Jupita, you can check it out right here and don’t forget to let us know what you think. 😉

Photo Credit: Instagram – JulietIbrahim

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. amaaa

June 28, 2013 at 10:56 am

After what she said about OJB jezreel’s condition on LIB ,I am not even interested she is obviously not talented as far as music is concerned

• lorenz

June 28, 2013 at 11:08 am

Pls, what did she share about OJB’s condition?

• Bushgirl

June 28, 2013 at 11:36 am

Here is what the useless woman said o: jaguda.com/2013/06/27/i-know-a-kidney-transplant-will-not-cost-more-than-50k-usd-juliet-ibrahim-speaks-on-ojb-kidney-transplant-fundraising/

• libby

June 29, 2013 at 10:02 am

Same here. I despise her for that ignorant and insensitive comment. She’s rubbish at ‘acting’ and doesn’t appear to be much better in the music department either

2. Lana

June 28, 2013 at 11:02 am

Who cares!!!! Opening her silly mouth to diss our own OJB.

Doubt you can get any positive comment from Nigerians at the moment. Next Jor!

3. Godslove22

June 28, 2013 at 11:02 am

Ohhh no she needs to take a seat and relax…..SMH

4. funmi

June 28, 2013 at 11:04 am

Hope i wont need earplugs. Let me wish her the best first. she dey fine this days ooo

5. wales

June 28, 2013 at 11:12 am

Anybody can sing the little part she sang. I really don’t see any talent there. She should focus on improving her acting instead of dabbing into music.

6. esta

June 28, 2013 at 11:30 am

U guyz dnt mind her wen I saw d update of her releasin a song and am like if ojb swears 4 dis girl now she wud say dey r followin her 4rm ghana u dnt ave moni to donate nd ur makin noise on twitter dat dey shud stop disturbing celebrities my question here is whu told dis lady shez a celebrity u had beta go nd look 4 a life b4 its too late @ least if u can’t donate u pray 4him . I really pray 4 hez quick recovry coz if dis guy dies bcoz d moni can’t be raised it wud be a shame on us all. Dat was ow dey wher makin nasty comment on d dead (goldie)not too suprised hez alive nd dey r sayin dis too ,we dnt even fear God anymore

7. Rynyx

June 28, 2013 at 11:43 am

OJB would have been a gud adviser on ur music career, oh wait, you alrdy dissed him. Juliet, u do not kick a man when he is down, so that your comment about his transplant was wrong timing. even if you have that opinion, there would have been better ways to communicate it….as for dis ur song, worse than two failed kidneys. stick to the only thing you know, ur plastic acting. u have lost d small respect that i had left for you.

8. Sunny

June 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Must she go into music, can’t she focus in acting career?

9. Titi Loyolade

June 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I love it. It’s a great sounding nice, clean and fun song.

10. nancy

June 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm

This young lady is definitely in need of a good PR team, how can u release a controversial and yet to be forgotten message on the OJB situation when you have plans on releasing a music video..I feel like I have to teach sme celebs a tin or two. Silly and dumb move my dear, think twice next time before you blurt out whats in ur head.

11. Teris

June 28, 2013 at 12:49 pm

totally off-topic but how is it that Ghana-ians oscillate between the very light-skinned to very the majority with dark-skin? don’t they mix and marry to generate the shades between?
    (perplexed!)

12. OlaOluwayimikaaaa

June 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I love Nigerians!… lol… Never a Dull Moment!

13. paloma

June 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm

if she wants to go into music its no one’s business na! her music is nice! and abt wat she said abt OJB she shuld hv jt leave that in her heads!

14. Nicole

June 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Song is not bad at all

15. Nicole

June 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm

After all this talk about OJB, I had to go check out what she said. First off what she said was not directed at OJB, but to the folks managing the fundraising for his transplant and second, she has a point that a lot of people have been making, why are these bloggers and others trying to shame celebrities alone to give, everyone and anyone who can should donate “what they are able to.” Linda’s own bloggers castigated her for that very reason. OJB is probably very weak a lot of the time and so he is depending on his team to do the best by him and that should include investigating all means and methods they can to attain what he will need. If as she says she runs a kidney foundation and in so doing is familiar with the associated costs, and therefore questioning why they are requesting so much money, why is that a bad thing? After all, they are asking for people to donate their private funds. If I were a member of OJB’s team, I would contact her to see what her foundation can offer, if I then compare and find her providers and the aid he would receive to be wanting, then fine. If you guys think what she said was so terrible, you need to run over to NFC and see what one writer there had to say about not just OJB but all celebrities who find themselves in this kind of a quandary. According to him/her, a lot of these celebrities (not all and he/she is careful to say that he/she is not even sure whether OJB fits this category) live wasteful, dangerous lives and then when they are ill or in need, can no longer help themselves and have to request help from the general public. He/She is urging all others to be prudent and sensible with their monies when the going is good to avoid this kind of situation. People are just expressing their feelings. My mom has suffered from kidney disease for over 20 years and has had two transplants. They are not a guarantee of continued health… your body can reject them and then you must be placed on dialysis again and again, whether hemodialysis/ peritoneal dialysis. I hope OJB is able to find a good match and I believe he will get the help he needs, but I honestly don’t see why people are behaving as though Juliet Ibrahim was chastising him for asking for money at all. I did not get that from what she posted.

• Dlapikin

June 28, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Thank you Nicole! And I agree with her on every single point she made. There was no diss to OBJ. She was absolutely right. Not only the amounts they are looking to raise are way too high, secondly chosing India for that kind of amount is outrageous when he could have had the surgery right here in Africa for way less or in some struggling european country like grece or portugal which healcare system rank in the top 50 of the world Vs India’s 112th rank. Personally, I’m yet to see a celebrity that had returned from treatment in india and is fully recovered. Thirdly, people should not be blackmailed into giving, it should be spontaneous. It should not serve as PR stunt. This man contributed to music in a time when there is way more money involved than ever in Africa; He has seen many people come out to ask for help before he was ill, how come he did not think of insurance? All these northern African countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia have outstanding healthcare systems and facilities that would have treated him for less and closer to home; Not to mention that their healthcare systems are all better than India. Last but not least attacking celebrities on twitter is not the way to go when yourselves have not given a dime; just like you have your problems they have theirs… They themselves might not be sick, but they may have a relative that is, and that they are already taking care of.. Please stop abusing Juliet Ibrahim for speaking the truth.

16. Heavenz

July 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

I must say,it really is complicated….