Events

Nollywood Star Kate Henshaw launches Memoir “The World of an Actress: My Story” in Lagos! Photos of Funke Akindele, Ali Baba, Susan Peters, Joke Silva & More at the Event

BellaNaija.com

Kate Henshaw

Kate Henshaw

Yesterday Tuesday 17th September 2013, Nollywood star Kate Henshaw launched her memoir – The World of an Actress: My Story at the Agip Hall, MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos.

According to her rep, the autobiography will introduce readers to Kate’s world, from her childhood to the present day.

For the event, Kate rocked a stylish black ensemble. Her sleeveless black leather top and black pencil skirt, was styled with a black belt to accentuate her waist, gold drop earrings, a pink clutch, a gold bracelet, a black strap watch and a multi-coloured pair of heels.

She finished the look with wavy locks, neutral lipstick and pink nail polish.

Kate’s industry friends including Funke Akindele, Rita Dominic, Joke Silva, Julius Agwu, Ali Baba and Susan Peters were present at the gathering.

Speaking at the event, Kare who has been involved in various charities including Project Women, National Cervical Cancer Protection Council and The Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care said “I intend to raise the much needed funds to support the charities with the proceeds from the sale of the books. Nollywood has lost many lives since we started , because I am somebody who loves to keep things, I hope with this book, I will take you down from where we are going.”

Check out photos!

Kate – the brand ambassador.
Kate Henshaw launches her Memoir - The World of an Actress - My Story - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 027Kate Henshaw launches her Memoir - The World of an Actress - My Story - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 028

Funke Akindele

Basorge Tariah Jnr & Rita Dominic

Azuka Ogujiuba, Basorge Tariah Jnr & Rita Dominic

Funke Akindele & Rita Dominic

Funke Akindele & Rita Dominic & Azuka Ogujiuba

Basorge Tariah Jnr, Julius Agwu, Kate Henshaw & Ali Baba

Basorge Tariah Jnr, Julius Agwu, Kate Henshaw & Ali Baba

Eunice Efole, Basorge Tariah Jnr, Susan Peters, Ali Baba, Julius Agwu & Funke Akindele

Adesuwa Onyenokwe

Adesuwa Onyenokwe

Keith Richard, Joke SIlva & Bisi Fayemi

Keith Richard, Joke SIlva & Bisi Fayemi

Photo Credit: Big Sam Media

1. sparkles

September 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

All looking good, but what the h*’ll is Julius Agwu wearing… what a weird combo. Abeg hire a stylist asap and do damage control… lol

2. Nomy

September 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Julius Agwu though… Cracking up!

3. ady

September 18, 2013 at 8:41 pm

kate looking effortlessly chic….. dis woman no wan old ooo….rita looking gorg…..susan peters stop wearing tight fitting clothes it just doesnt fit ur masculine physique…..and as for funke why did u have to borrow ur grandmas wig…..and as for u julius agwu i leave ur case to God to judge.

4. That African Chic

September 18, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Misses: Susan’s outfit. Apart from it being fake, it doesn’t suit her body type
    Funke’s Hair. Maybe its the camera angle but theres something not right about it
    Rita should go easy on the eye make up.
    Everyone looked fab and kudos to Ms Henshaw!! great Idea to tell your story in a book

5. Lilydarl

September 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Julius agwu, which kind of pose is this???

6. Krystal

September 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Lovely looking ladies

7. Modella

September 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm

If I could look this good at 40,I would have no worry @ Kate. Funke look the yorubish that she is..Rita casual look is fab .why do they keep saying Susan look masculine?

8. Leah

September 18, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Nice pics, someone almost took Rita Dominic’s eye out with that botox injection.

• MyView

September 19, 2013 at 12:26 am

Yep! That is definitely Botox. She just got them done and her face is still swollen.

9. @ajiriavae

September 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Y’all know I love me some Kate but from the point of view of a stylist, that gray doesn’t do anything for her skin tone. Makes her look a wee bit ashy. She should have either worn a bright necklace to lift it or worn a bright top all together. I still love her and her style though.
    I know that on some planet Julius’ outfit would be considered ‘fashion forward’ but really?

10. nene

September 18, 2013 at 10:41 pm

everyone looks soo old. bisi fayemi is just a gorgeous woman.

11. Ok o

September 18, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Funke’s hair…that’s all I see,kilode!

• Fashionista

September 19, 2013 at 1:09 am

As in!!!!

12. goody

September 18, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Julius Agwu u won’t kill me ooo. What kind of pose is that na

13. yvonne

September 18, 2013 at 11:41 pm

what is on funke akindeles head,mop?,spong?…:s :s ….mrs adesuwa is getting old 🙁

14. Demondi Mian

September 19, 2013 at 1:14 am

Rita Dominic is so pretty !!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

15. Teekay

September 19, 2013 at 1:29 am

It seems u all see only the hair, did u ppl tale a look at the SHOW? OMG!…. pharhaps i did’t see anythin wrong with Susan oo, if u ask me she is on point cuz tiz is a place where u show ur style nt in church, n for my queen Rita, i always trust her with her simply n fabulous outfit. And i will say, for the one wishing she can be lyk Kate at 40, it all depend on u, wat u take and how u take gud care of urself, avoid eating junks, n i bet u, u will be more prenty i dnt knw u now but i bet u look gud.

16. madam dearest

September 19, 2013 at 4:25 am

The hair and look is getting old on Rita ,I think its time she changed it, like girl if you want to go natural do, if you want to do something else do . am just bored with the look!! before Rita monsters talk ….beware I bite.

17. word

September 19, 2013 at 4:49 am

well i think funke looks stunning

18. Amaka

September 19, 2013 at 8:02 am

Biko wats wrong with Rita’s eyes? It looks swollen. Abii na Botox . She looks old. Funke akindele’s hair hmmmm. Toke wore this dress Susan is wearing a while ago abii.

19. Hurperyermie

September 19, 2013 at 8:16 am

they all look fab to me and modella that is very odd of you to say what do you mean by yorubish well i no blame you sha nonsense

20. shhhhh

September 19, 2013 at 8:40 am

Some comments and spellings get as e be. “whistles and walks away”

21. Lecker

September 19, 2013 at 9:08 am

Maybe its me though, but judging from the first picture of her alone , this is the best hairstyle I’ve seen on Funke in recent times unlike the ones that really make her look old and tired. Lets encourage her please @ least she took some “risk’s”

• lonek

September 19, 2013 at 6:32 pm

@ lecker..I second your opinion. this is the best style i’ve seen on Funke to (judging from the first alone picture though). it made her face come off soft.

22. Joma

September 19, 2013 at 9:42 am

Rita is Fab…buh this hair do…nawa oh….It shall Not be permanent in your life babes !!!

23. my pwetty self

September 19, 2013 at 9:52 am

Beautiful people. Dear Lord may i look this young and beautiful even @ 50..

24. Omo1

September 19, 2013 at 10:07 am

Susan wearing a dark shade in a dimly lighted room..

25. oose

September 19, 2013 at 10:08 am

ermm congratulations to kate … im sure the book wil make a good read and possibly provide more insight to nollywood .. just wondering who styles kate’s clothing ?

26. Chu-Chu

September 19, 2013 at 10:18 am

Abeg Julius Agu’s Combo was one kind…Kate looked good, Congratulations on the book launch.

27. Tee

September 19, 2013 at 10:34 am

Thumbs up for d very real nollywood hardworking actors. Tired of seeing fake people.Trust me you know their clique when u see them(I must represent by force by fire ppl) even when we know they only shoot one movie but acquire billions overnight.

28. boyalinx

September 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

one of the comedians here is owing my friend 5000naira pere, come here dey form celeb…u know urself…oshisko

29. Day

September 19, 2013 at 10:44 am

@ Modella, very ignorant statement and poorly written too!

30. teekay

September 19, 2013 at 11:28 am

i love funke akindele’s hair, susan peters should try and get the services of a stylist although the dress is lovely, it doesnt suit her figure at all

• what?

September 19, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Are u kidding me? Akindele needs a total makeover. Susan rocks.

31. Minime

September 19, 2013 at 11:54 am

Julius Agwu should pls fire his stylist, if he has any!

32. Naveah

September 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Rita D is the only one dressed appropriately for this casual event, everyone else is over dressed. The theater style sitting makes the whole thing stuffy, a book launch is a casual mix and mingle event until the author settles everyone down to read exerpts from the piece. Oh well…

33. jjjjj

September 19, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Susan Peters outside is hot and she rocks it well. But, Akindele is a hot mess.

34. mama

September 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm

susan peters don’t wear that dress again, ever………funke you didn’t have to wear your mama,s wig……and bella this pix of aunty adesuwa doesnt do her justice…cant you guys choose a better one, we all take pix and some angles just don’t go and u delete…….aunty racheal dey preagnant? #isorait lemme run along now bye……..

35. Titi Bolagun

September 19, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I am 50 and look good.. I am shocked to hear Funke is 36… she looks even older than me.. In my family we look very young.. it is in our blood.. and genes

• Dayo

September 19, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Clap for yourself…your cookie is in the mail.
      SMDH

36. Sho.

September 19, 2013 at 8:54 pm

There’s something about Funke Akindele…

37. KingsQueen