Music

Hello Barbie? No, It’s Dencia! Cameroonian Pop Star unveils Must See Promo Photos | Listen “True Love” Feat. Waje

Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 039

Scoot over Nicki Minaj, Dencia is the world’s most colourful pop sensation.

2013 may almost be over but the Cameroonian pop star is ready to take over the Nigerian music scene.

The Super Girl music act has released a new track True Love featuring Nigerian songstress Waje.

To accompany the new single, she also released a set of colourful, sultry and edgy photos for our viewing pleasure,

Check it out!
Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 027 - bnDencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 031Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 035Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 038Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 021Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 037Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 029Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 032Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 026Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 033Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 025Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 028Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 030Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 034Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 022Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 036

Listen to Dencia Feat. Waje – True Love
Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 041

For her spanking new track, Dencia added the vocal prowess of Waje.

According to the music act, True Love is a sweet melodic Zouk song which tells the story of love lost. Zouk is a popular dance and music origination from the Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.

The song was written by Dencia and MTN Project West Africa alum Monica Ogahphreshprince of MMM records produced it.

Play True Love
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Dencia-Feat-Waje-My-True-Love-October-2013-BellaNaija.mp3]
Download

1. nene

October 7, 2013 at 8:44 pm

her new nose job is looking better. breast implants and bleaching (well it depends…beyonce and co.) does not a musician make.

• Leah

October 8, 2013 at 12:07 am

Preach!

• Gusty's Blog

October 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm

SHE IS HONESTLY PRETTY BUT HER SONG STILL NEEDS WORK………..

• Me

October 8, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Miss nene, u ever heard about contouring?

2. Nollywoodgaga

October 7, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Please go easy with photoshop kai !

3. That African Chic

October 7, 2013 at 9:30 pm

More like nicki minaj

4. fon

October 7, 2013 at 9:46 pm

i love the Zouk brings bitter sweet memories,Dencia is definitely growing as an artist.with the growth and her packaging she will do well, see small reprudencia oh,so ambitious always told anyone who wanted to hear back when we were in Mevick college that she will be a super star one day a pop star and she was just 14,dreams do really come true.We are proud of you Dencia and i hope you inspire other Young Cameroonians and Nigerians.My biggest issue with you is people don’t know your real story and your struggles all we see is your glory.Your name came up recently at a bar in Buea and i can assure you,you bi big ngah now.Respect

5. D

October 7, 2013 at 10:00 pm

can never take this girl and her music seriously, she seeems like a joke to me.
    Shes not really sure whether she should stick to her style or nicki minaj’s. Its sad

6. Greatest Critic

October 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Its cool that Dencia is really trying. I do appreciate her hustle, however I’m not so sure about her song choices. Its really only the likes of Tiwa that can get away with this type of mellow song. Waje sings this type of songs but look at her career; it really hasn’t gone anywhere. And speaking of which, Waje is a rather random choice to pair up with. I’m very surprised that Waje will agreed to work with Dencia. Waje’s career may not be jumping but at the end of the day she is a respected musician who can actually sing. I’m quite shock that she’d agree to work with somebody like Dencia b/c she (Dencia) is regarded as somewhat of a joke. So its a rather risky move on Waje’s side. I guess the money must have been good sha. In conclusion, Dencia please pick better songs as opposed to trying to ride off an established artist’s coattails. Signed your greatest critic!

• dlapikin

October 8, 2013 at 12:55 am

I agree with you on all points!
      As for the pictures, she looks better on the close-ups. all the other pictures are very drag-queenish, too plastic and photoshopped: cheap!

• inosend

October 8, 2013 at 9:51 am

greatest critic shut your mouth…….who took a survey and found out she is a joke? so how will waje singing with her affect her career? fools like you just open your mouth and make statements without any meaning……i do not listen to her music or care, but she obviously has her fans and relevant to those who like her…you cannot come here with your ignorant self and make statements that have not facts….if you dont like her that is your cup of akamu but your statement has no fact so take several seats….

• banimo

October 8, 2013 at 11:22 am

One does not have to go too far to see that Dencia is kinda perceived as a joke and Waje is somewhat hurting her brand by collaborating with her! It is not a yap but constructive criticism. If she wants to appeal to the African market, then she needs to tone down her appearance.If the American audience is her target, then she can carry on with the Nicki Minaj-esque act!

@Inosend If Dencia is your friend, you should sit her down and give her criticism that will help her!

7. LL

October 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Nicki Minaji wannabe!

8. MAMAMIA!!!

October 7, 2013 at 10:36 pm

So boring!!!

9. Me

October 7, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I’m def buying dis one from iTunes!! I like how she’s improving and learning as she climbs. God bless her hustle!!

10. rita

October 7, 2013 at 11:01 pm

trashy! clean out all the surgeries and start over….

11. myorgasma

October 7, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Nice one babes

12. Babym

October 8, 2013 at 12:20 am

I actually really like the pictures, very very fierce. This girl is Hot! Plastic surgery or not whatever she is doing is Clearly working for her. I would love to see her in her own reality show

13. Duke Donald

October 8, 2013 at 12:32 am

She looks good!

14. NNENNE

October 8, 2013 at 12:51 am

i love it.

15. Taiwo

October 8, 2013 at 2:12 am

To be honest, A lot of the females who comment on this website especially when it has to do with dencia are FOLLOWERS! Just because you see someone say something negative about a person doesn’t necessarily mean they’re right about that person or they know that person. A lot of you are just going with the flow. The people who claim she’s a joke are always the first to comment on posts that have to do with Dencia but yet she’s a joke…..right? The girl can’t seem to catch a break for once because of too much follow follow. Do you ever take the time to think….What if that was me? The comments on here have nothing to do with the new song she just released. All I see is bleaching this bleaching that. Is that the best you guys can come up with? That’s old news! ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE! I don’t know her story but my advice to Dencia is that she needs to make her music as diverse as she can so that it would reach different crowds of people around the world instead of just ONLY releasing her music to a set of people who constantly bash her. Sometimes you have to go to where you’re CELEBRATED NOT TOLERATED! That doesn’t mean she should not continue Afro PoP because I see that she has a huge passion and drive for Afro pop Music BUT she needs to spread out her music to a more diverse set of crowd. With that HUGE PASSION in you Dencia, Someone’s gonna fall in love with you and your music. I also strongly recommend that you talk about what you’ve been through in your music so that the people who actually cares will get to know you a lot better and besides there is always someone out there who needs to hear your story! You’re beautiful!!! You just need to keep doing what you’re doing, believe in yourself and spread your music out to the world!

• Me

October 8, 2013 at 3:26 am

Oh TAiwo!! I wanna hug ur mind right now. You took the words right outa my mouth. People are so negative towards this girl, like hating is going to make their lives better. Why hate?? Why not encourage someone? The same energy u use to speak a negative word can be put to more productive use by uttering positive words. I don’t know dencia, but I respect her hustle. With all this hate, if na me I for dun give up. The girl is persistent and strong. God bless her. She will get her breakthrough soon IJN.

16. nneka

October 8, 2013 at 2:18 am

the song is great her voice is great please stop the tiwa comparison Dencia and tiwa no be age mates @greatestcritc Dencia is a pop artist and just like every artist she is venturing into different genres and its working she is evolving as an artist go listen to beri beri i am sure everyone was like talking shit then listen to super girl then me and you now this?please give it to the girl we all thought she will give up but she didnt and clearly isn’t ask any sucessful person what the key to success is see if Dencia doesn’t have the traits.Dencia if you read this keep getting better and doing you we are supporting.i didn’t like her at some point but she grew on me

17. deltachik

October 8, 2013 at 3:01 am

I am still trying to figure out this lady, what does she even sing?

• bunley

December 13, 2013 at 4:10 pm

download her songs and listen to them

18. Jude

October 8, 2013 at 4:53 am

Lol! Dencia stop hailing yourself under various user names! It’s soooo obvious!

• Hadassah

October 8, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Lol!! How bout u stop hiding behind a male name!! Amuna “Jude.”

19. Hurpeyeahmie

October 8, 2013 at 8:12 am

issorait

20. Ata Wewe

October 8, 2013 at 8:24 am

It is a pity that in this age and time,women are still dissing other women and trying to pull them down.What happened to women lifting women?Why must an effort by an obviously hardworking woman be met with criticism and backlash.Would you like it if you decided to take the bull by the horn,follow your passion,be yourself and then you were attacked by your fellow women?Life is really bigger than these little things we dwell on.Women pulling other women down should cover their faces in shame and ask God for forgiveness. Dencia,I appreciate your talent and I see the passion right through you.Those pictures are fabulous. I guess I could add the fact that this is your starting point,your stars are awaiting you.And to the “boys” who are here dissing her,I pity your lives,none of you is man enough to stand a strong woman like Dencia. Change!
    P.S: I am not Dencia, I do not know Dencia from Adam, I have never met Dencia, I have not even heard any of her songs before today, But I am a new fan!

• Ada Ada

October 8, 2013 at 9:30 am

I absolutely love you for your comment!

21. deb

October 8, 2013 at 8:24 am

Dencia is good. Listen to beriberi and super girl. Better than emmanyra or Victoria kamani. As for Tiwa savage, it’s her time, nothing special about her and I hope you all know that tiwa’s voice was super autotuned in her latest album.

22. http://legonaija.blogspot.co.uk

October 8, 2013 at 8:59 am

The song is good, but the pictures lack originality is like Nicki Minaj Replica!! ,……….

23. LaBelle

October 8, 2013 at 9:02 am

I love Dencia. I love her music. I love this song. dencia can do no wrong.

24. Bella

October 8, 2013 at 9:30 am

Good singer or not, she is hot, our very own Nicki – so what if she copy cat, are you not all weaving your hair and wearing western clothes, abeg, free dis girl joor, given the same platform, tonnes of her so called haters would jump on the bandwagon, na wa . so allow her – she looks hot period!

25. amarachi

October 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm

is one na Nicki 9ja oooo lovly

26. goldfinch

October 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I can never forget this video of Dencia
    youtube.com/watch?v=w4goiBDhrvE

This was before she became a star and was ready to do anything to be one.

• adelegirl

October 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Wow. She looks quite different in that youtube video. Looks like she had some work done – skin lightening perhaps and maybe a few cosmetic surgery enhancements as well?

• That African Chic

October 8, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I didn’t like the way they made her suck all those things. It was quite disturbing to watch. Hmmmm the things people go through for fame!! And yeah she looks the same.

• Lily

October 8, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Why does it have to be now that you remember that she was in a video somewhere. you just want to bring up the girl’s past by fire by force just because you can’t find anything else to say…abeg everyone has a past including you. The only difference is that her past got out there and yours didn’t.

27. Eno

October 8, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I want her body and shoes!!! Plastic surgery or not. After all the Brazilian or Peruvian hair on your head is not yours. So don’t judge me or her *wink*

28. JOANNY

October 8, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Why must we be “hating” because we don’t agree with your views Dencia? Must we all agree to like you? see me see trouble o…..when you finally find you, we will applaud you but for now stop trying to be a counterfeit of others! be you….that’s the best version you can be! shikena!

• Lily

October 8, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Who is “WE”‘? abeg don’t group everyone together o..there are some people who actually love and appreciate the music Dencia makes so park well. you don’t have to like her but you have to respect her drive and she doesn’t owe anybody shit. if that’s the style she’s rocking with…let her do her thing. I bet you were one those people calling Tiwa savage a beyonce wanna be when she first came out. you people r always looking for something to say abeg let the girl live jooooooor

29. Pam

October 8, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Cameroun calleth thou…Thou country of origin…REPRUDENCIA….hehehe..

30. Modella

October 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm

How did she bleach so perfectly..woww!

31. Omo1

October 9, 2013 at 2:27 pm

and they almost photoshopped her lap out in first pic

32. JOANNY

October 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Lily …..Liliana …..aka REPRUDENCIA…..”we” na “we ” you see your name for dia???? Abeg take several seats for gutter make I hear word….
    FYI….Dencia will need several years of hard work and an originality makeover to get to Tiwa’s level…..

33. Tiki

October 9, 2013 at 5:52 pm

hahahahaha. Comments be killing me!

34. Tiki

October 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm

IMO, this song is not that bad. I certainly think it is the best I’ve heard from Dencia so far. However two things still bother me – first, I find it almost impossible to respect an artist’s trade, when I cannot recognise their voice when they sing. Plus, even madness has a method to it na! Progress has been made, but I still wouldn’t spend my money this on iTunes.

35. lily toh cute

October 10, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Bella Naija abeg post my comment o

• lily toh cute

October 10, 2013 at 4:16 pm

the one in response to Joanny

36. Mimi

October 12, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So…. can we pls talk about how Dencia is not worldwide, in the sense to take over Nicki Minaj’s spot as probably the brightest pop star out? Lol Too early for that!

And when are these manufactured bodies going to stop being “in”.

37. Qwerty

October 22, 2013 at 2:59 am

I always look forward to reading tiki’s comment. Brilliant. And btw anti dencia stop commenting n praising urself under different names only to go and explode on twitter n brag abt spending 500 dollars on ur dog. Ok we believe u. Happy much?? Swerve mehn! U must not be everyone’s cuppa tea so do u we’ll yarn if we feel like. After all being in the spotlight comes with a price tag. Some will love, some won’t , but whoever wants to talk will talk. Big deal baby girl .

38. just saying

November 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm

did she have a waist job too? she is fine sha but a bit
    too… i dont know something is too much lol

39. Izza Tools

November 11, 2013 at 9:54 pm

sweet heart Dencia , i dont know u , dont know ur story
    ,how u started or when u started , keep doing the great job that u
    are doing , one thing i just want to point out is that u r
    beautiful u dont need to go half naked or take out all ur bits to
    make it , if u want to be different then dont dress like everyone
    else is doing , trust n u will defo make big time .

40. Stace

June 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Her face looks like a man (bone structure wise).
    She needs to lay off of the skin bleaching.
    And her breast implants and ass shots together weigh more than her actual brain.
    Her music sucks.
    She would never be big in America.
    Keep that garbage in Africa!