News

Uche Jombo, Monalisa Chinda & Daniella Okeke are “Lagos Cougars”! Watch the Trailer also Starring Alex Ekubo & Bobby Michaels

BellaNaija.com

Lagos Cougars - November 2013 - BellaNaija

The cougars are in town!

Royal Arts Academy is set to release a wickedly hilarious, suspense filled and emotional movie – Lagos Cougars soon. The movie stars three Nollywood stars as lead acts. They are Uche Jombo Rodriguez, Monalisa Chinda and Daniella Okeke.

Featuring alongside the actresses are Alex Ekubo, Bobby Michaels and Diana Yekini as well as new comers – Benjamin Touitou, Shawn Faqua and Ifeanyi Kalu. Desmond Elliot is the director.

The movie centers on 3 bored, professional, single women in their 40’s who decide to take a walk on the wild side and let go of their inhibitions. They date some hot young men.

It is set to premiere in cinemas on Friday 6th December 2013.

The Cast

Uche Jombo Rodriguez

Uche Jombo Rodriguez

Uche Jombo Rodriguez plays Aret. A bank Manager with a penchant for robbing the cradle.

Monalisa Chinda

Monalisa Chinda

Monalisa Chinda is Elsie. The hard working single mom that has a shocking secret she never wants her son to know about.

Daniella Okeke

Daniella Okeke

Danielle Okeke is Joke. The busy, successful fashion designer that has no time for love…. or doesn’t she?

Alex Ekubo

Alex Ekubo

Alex Ekubo plays Chigo. Chigo is a gigolo who wants to eat his cake and still have it.

Bobby Michaels

Bobby Michaels

Bobbly Michaels is Emmanuel, the fiancé that is too busy making money to have time for his lady love.

Diana Yekinni

Credits
Director: Desmond Elliot
Producer: Emem Isong
Screenplay: Bola Aduwo & Emem Isong

1. Chic

November 3, 2013 at 10:42 am

In other news Nigerians may have a reason to visit the UK
    again after Visa bond policy is to be scrapped

2. Mademoiselle

November 3, 2013 at 11:16 am

Daniella Okeke’s body is a ghenghennnn!!! As for the movie
    itself, *sigh* I tire….

3. Barr. Brown innemoye

November 3, 2013 at 11:41 am

Nice selection for the cast and am trusting it will be an
    amazing moviie all. D way.

4. Sopono

November 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Another RAA mess up served cold

5. nene

November 3, 2013 at 1:50 pm

we r going to be bombarded with bad acting and cliches,
    which will make this movie corny and boring. RAA it’s getting
    repetitive seein the same faces we don’t even want to see and
    writing on the same stories evertyime, please be more
    innovative.

• Hope

November 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Spot on..never rated any RAA movie.. I had high hopes for them but they have been nothing but a dissapointment.. So sad.

• Storm

November 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Madame Nene, that goes around trolling the internet looking for any news of Emem Isong to throw shade on, please get a life! I noticed you also said something similar on the GIAMA awards post when Alex won the award for best supporting actor. You said he’s award was bought by Emem!!! Please leave this hard working girl alone!! Instead of her using her hard earned money to buy Birkin bag, Lego bag and other such nonsense, she is investing it in film and you are there saying she is making ‘corny’ movies! At least she is making movies and doing something with her life. What are you doing? Trolling the internet withyour hair in rollers at 3pm in the afternoon, obviously jobless. Please find work, Nne. It will ease your frustration. Biko o?! #Sheeesh!

• Akpeno

November 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Buahahahahaha nice one Storm!

6. julit

November 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Daniella’s body! Lord have mercy. She’s sooooo hot.

7. Viva

November 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm

This is soooo cool! I can’t wait! way to go Emem and co. Always switching it up and leaving others lagging behind. I understand their frustration. Lol! I can hardly wait for this one to come out!

8. Wale

November 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Bad dialogue as always, same story…not even going to hold my breath

• Busky

November 3, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Please don’t! The film is obviously not for you! As for me,
      I’ve already arranged my ticket money! Heheheheh!

9. beebah

November 3, 2013 at 3:57 pm

This is so cool! Anyway, what do I expect? From the lady that discovered Stella Damasus, Dakore Egbuson, Nse Ikpe Etim, and revived the careers of several more Stephanie Okereke, Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuronye, Desmond Elliot and many more…. started the ensemble film method in Nigeria with ‘Reloaded’, Emem is really a trail blazer. Cant wait to go to the cinema to see this! Reserve my seat abeg!

10. jinkelele

November 3, 2013 at 4:23 pm

there are new faces which would be interesting to see – but the theme not my thing

11. Fumbi

November 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

oh erm gee…and its another one from RAA! I so can’t wait! Uche Jombo is always a delight to watch and Alex Ekubo…*drooling* Emem hasn’t disappointed me yet with her stories and i’m sure this will make for good viewing. can’t wait.

12. MyView

November 3, 2013 at 5:40 pm

They all look nice in pictures.

13. Uk

November 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I love me some uche jombo and alex is my baby daddy

14. Kelz

November 3, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Nigerian people relax naw ahn ahn…the trailer looks
    promising no?? I like it….

15. Leah

November 3, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Uche Jombo and I’m in. Hopefully it’s a good one.

16. Linda

November 4, 2013 at 2:28 am

cool bella

17. billionaire in grace

November 4, 2013 at 8:25 am

I hope this time I won’t be disappointed just like the other I watched.I wasn’t reaaly impressed especially with monalisa chinda who always play the single and independent woman.let see when the movie ll come out

18. London Babe

November 4, 2013 at 9:13 am

Sincerely speaking the trailer looks dry, if those are the best bits let me step back.

19. maame

November 4, 2013 at 10:57 am

uche is glowing…… u go girrrrllllll

20. Amaka

November 4, 2013 at 2:07 pm

This is good. However, please can we have more movies about
    “Silver fox”, how women overcome their advances and make inspiring
    choices that would serve as role models to younger girls?

21. Naveah

November 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Personally (UNDERLINE the word, please) , the concept doesn’t gel for me because these men and women that are cast all look to be about the same age so it rattles the idea of them poaching these men. I think to address cougars on a serious level especially the psychological and emotional impact of such a relationship, there has to be a significant amount of years between the two subjects but I don’t think this is what the movie is supposed to do. Emem usually starts off in her movies addressing serious issues but ends up toying with the concepts instead of truly delving in and expanding the minds of her audience, I have noted this issue since her movie Traumatized which dealt with rape but it was so superficial that I wish she had never bothered. If this is supposed to be a light hearted view on cougar relationships then I think if they had casted the likes of Ene Lawani, Regina Askia William and Nike Oshinowo then it would work. The women I have mentioned have the deep pocketed means, looks but most definitely and most importantly the LIFE experience that would attract a young man in a cougar relationship but that’s just what I would look for as an audience member. When Nollywood depicts sugar daddy situations, they use much older men versus a much young woman which really shows the disparity and the underlying need on both sides – one to feel younger and powerful, the other to have protection and provision. I don’t know what this pairings is meant to do.

22. Bliss

November 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

Alex Ekubo is see you 😉

23. Kimye

November 5, 2013 at 12:30 am

I personally myself , am waiting to see this movie. Rock on
    Emem, Rock on RAA, and ROCK ON NAIJA DIVAS!!!! Love it, love
    it.

24. www.gonigerian.com

November 5, 2013 at 8:11 am

Very interesting comment Naveah. When I think of a cougar I see a professional mature woman that has it going on and seeks a younger dude so she may have fun, go out and just do things some, I said some older guys would not be interested in. Life experiences is something that attracts younger guys but also the fact that he would be dealing with a woman in most cases already established that just wants to have FUN.

25. Bliss

November 5, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Nollywood has come a long way though #soproud. Look at that poster, totally looks like a Tyler Perry movie. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing now that I’ve said. I think good though. There’s nothing new under the sun. The mark of a good writer after all is knowing how to hide your sources 😉 lol

26. Nwama Igbo

November 5, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Africans go back to your culture go back to your roots and become an original you were created to be……Nolly wood so sad is dying….As long as Africans keep trying to be western ….they will never reach their full potential…..so sad Africans are the only ones who want to be something else other than Africans……same recycled western wanna be bullshit over n over again….

• Bonita

November 5, 2013 at 11:22 pm

There is something for every one! all films can not be about Africans in grass skirts and huts! We bestride two worlds… some touch the contemporary others the native. If you have followed Emem’s movies from inception, I notice she has an interest in mainly the contemporary. I like other urban young African women will watch the film because it reflects me. That apart there is enough Man candy in this film to give me toothache! Heheh! Biko, leave the politics, I want to see what these filne young men esp Bobby Michaels has to offer. 🙂

27. Turi

November 5, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I certainly admire Emem and the niche she has been able to create for herself in the industry. But a well thought out plot is essential to keep our interest alive. i will definitely look out for the dvd for a full review. For more nollywood movie reviews: xplorenollywood.blogspot.com.

28. Ger.

December 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm

No time for love? Or doesn’t she? HUH??? Don’t you mean “does she”?? If she does not have time for love, that shows that she may not..so why not in parallel ask if she does?