News

“He’s Enjoying a Better Life” – TB Joshua on Jim Iyke’s Deliverance

TB Joshua & Jim Iyke - December 2013 - BellaNaija

In September 2013, Nollywood star Jim Iyke got his “deliverance” at TB Joshua‘s Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN). If you missed it, click here

Over the weekend, Punch released an exclusive one-on-one interview with the prophet. TB Joshua spoke at great length about his ministry, Jim Iyke’s deliverance, President Goodluck Jonathan and football predictions.

Read Excerpts;
On Jim Iyke’s deliverance: “Oh please, don’t drag me into that. All I can say is that if a person needs to see a doctor, he should be free to do so. I like the young man. He has been defending himself on the internet. Is he not enjoying a better life now? Are things not working for him?”

On how he tells the President when he has an instruction for the nation: “I say it on the television and all over the world. I accept that is not enough; it is better to see him one on one.

But what is the essence of a president’s visit if he won’t follow what I will tell him? This kind of trend keeps staining my name. I will not mention anybody, when they leave here; they do not obey the instructions.”

On if President Goodluck Jonathan patronizes his services: “When it comes to relationship, I think he would be in the best position to answer that question. Since what we are doing is creating impact around the world, you should expect Nigeria’s president to also be part of it. We are praying for the nation and being a Christian acknowledges it. If Jonathan had been here, it would have been shown on our Emmanuel Television network. No president has ever visited this place in secret. The Bible says that if you confess me before men, I will confess you before my father in heaven. I am not a witch doctor; we have nothing to hide. If you have not read in the newspapers that your president came here, then that is that. Anytime presidents of other countries come here, Jonathan is usually aware. If he doesn’t believe in what we are doing, he would have told them that we constitute security risks.”

On his relationship with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: “Please, don’t drag me into all that. I beg you.”

To read the full interview, click here

1. Hurperyeahmie

December 3, 2013 at 11:16 am

issokay

2. hmm hmm

December 3, 2013 at 11:40 am

issorai

3. Thelma

December 3, 2013 at 11:44 am

Things seem to have been working just fine for him. But what do I know? Generally I try not to have an opinion where T.B Joshua is concerned.
    thelmathinks.blogspot.com

4. Felinda

December 3, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I agree, he seems so much happier and all about him and his girl, nothing else matters. He seems calmer and more settled. I am so happy for Jim, now the next step is to get married and have some lil jim iykes, Get married but not with that one – Nadia whatever. Find a non entertainer quiet humble sweet girl no one knows.

5. viva

December 4, 2013 at 5:13 am

?

6. christian

December 4, 2013 at 12:51 pm

What has touched me about this article are the pictures of tb joshua and jim lyke.Like tb joshua is saying, ‘ you need God young man and He is willing to come into your life…’
    The compassion in tb joshua’s eyes cannot be missed.
    To God be the glory for blessing this generation with such a Man.

7. Modella

December 4, 2013 at 3:59 pm

“Pls don’t drag me in all that”…lol

8. Barida joseph

December 9, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Tb joshua thank you for what you do on to people way not get person. you read read help poor people way day low. i love you because your the only prophet that i cannot forget you and may god bless you in jesus name amen. that is that tb joshua help me because norlege of understand in not standby. help me to no more book so that i can help my family and my community tomorrow. 08036955786

9. Boldly speak joor

December 11, 2013 at 10:53 am

Truth be told what ever you believe works for you.I know lots of people who criticize this man still go there for one thing or the other yet u will hardly find any one boldly say I attend SCOAN.Like my sister will ask who makes up the crowd we see on Tv during their services my simple answer is the same people who sit next to u in ur every day church.By the way I know a boss who is a strong member of a top ranking church yet goes there with his family annually for prayer and deliverance in his business and family I see loads of progress thru him I have come to like the person of TB Joshua and his ministry……….On the last day we will know till then Let Love lead

• tito

December 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

@boldly speak and christian. you are both on point! Nigerians should sit down and think on how to move forward and leave the innocent man alone jare. i am not surprised,Jesus Christ wasn’t honored in his hometown, how much more a mere mortal like prophet Joshua. it is well

10. the truth

December 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Profet tb joshua messes, the news will go everywhere, why? Because he is a great profet of God. They don’t talk about others like that because there’s nothing out of the ordinary to talk about. I read of how some of the pharasees even mock, jere and speak with so much hatred about him, just exactly as they mocked and jered at our Lord Jesus. In my heart I said this man, tb joshua is a profet of God. In fact it grow my confidence and trust in him. I reflect on the incredible miracles, healings and deliverance. He preaches love and forgiveness. His charity works goes all over the world. He sponsors very many to schools, he cares for the ophans and less privillaged. He cares for disabled, name them. Haba! The bible says by its fruits you know them.

• Obi George

December 24, 2013 at 2:57 am

Y’all tanishing the image of prophet tb Joshua should stop
      it. He is a real man of God, the bible says by thy fruits ye shall
      know them. He’s not a flashy pastor unlike other jet flashing
      pastors. Giys, beware of your tongue and look before you leap.
      Prophet tb Joshua is a true prophet of God.

11. ice

August 31, 2014 at 2:08 pm

A humble man with sound teaching. Tbjoshua,God bless u

12. joshi

September 6, 2014 at 12:59 am

hey!If this story hitting from every any is “TRUE”it means there’s more to christianity that people are not aware of.
    This is going to affect the faith of so many believers and it is an open doors now for people who hate Christianity to start their critics. I like it is often said there is “no smoke without fire”but we all have to be careful the way talk because, there bible says our great trouble in life is “tongue problem “Everything bad in this world today turn to be very popular and even people who did not know pastor chris already knows him now.hey mind you I am not a member from his ministry, but avoid talking too much, there others serious issues ……….joshua