News

“It’s Not by Choice that I’m Unmarried”! Rita Dominic is GORGEOUS on the cover of Genevieve Magazine’s February 2014 Issue

Rita Dominic - February 2014 - Genevieve Magaine's February 2014 Issue - BellaNaija

Rita Dominic is slaying the cover of Genevieve Magazine‘s February 2014 issue.

The Nollywood superstar is all picture perfect with soft dark wavy locks, dare we say flawless make-up and a beautiful sequined dress.

“It’s not by choice that I am unmarried” – Rita also gives the scoop on love, movies and an exciting new deal; we wonder what that is.

We can definitely see Dimeji Alara‘s touch on the cover of the publication. The fashion editor left StyleMania Magazine last year and took on the role of editor at Genevieve Magazine.

Cover Credits
Photography: TY Bello
Stylist: Dimeji Alara
Dress: Iconic Invanity
Make-up: Bimpe Onakoya
Hair: Michael @ Finessage

1. no heart to hate

February 4, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Just love her tho

• Endowed

February 5, 2014 at 2:25 am

can she ever go wrong though?

2. jcsgrl

February 4, 2014 at 3:46 pm

This people should leave this woman alone naa about her marital status. Is it by force? Aren’t there other questions to ask women biko nu?
    BTW beautiful cover. Up Ty Bello!

3. chizzy

February 4, 2014 at 3:51 pm

she’s Gorgeous

4. FifiRose

February 4, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Rita 99% of us your age, it is not our choice either is extremely annoying when society thinks it is. I get frustruated by that.

5. Chummy

February 4, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Me like. But why disturb her on marriage. Abeg she no go marry man na man go marry her o

6. Amaka

February 4, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful!

7. madman

February 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I LOVE YOU RITA. MY ONE AND ONLY #NAIJA CELEBRITY CRUSH.

8. Yetunde

February 4, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Go Genevieve! Fabulous, its a really beautiful cover!

9. Onyeka

February 4, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Abio by the way how old is rita?

10. Ola

February 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

G.team rocks!!! Great way to start the year! Can’t wait to get a copy!

11. Fashionista

February 4, 2014 at 4:27 pm

STUNNING!!

12. Turi

February 4, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Awesome cover and congratulations to the G team… i guess Demeji was a breath of fresh air or…

13. Naveah

February 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm

The higher you go up the rungs of society, the bigger and nastier the toads. Rita should take her time, marry once and be set for life instead of rushing because of age, family or societal pressure. Now no shade, she’s always had a Queen Latifahesque type existence to me i.e. you never see her with a man at any event even if it’s a friend going as support, there has never even been a smidgen of rumor about a guy as in “are they/are they not”. Nada Zilch Nothing. Sometimes, I wonder is it high standards? Or something else in light of who is her steady companion and said person will remain nameless? Whatever it is, good luck with that Rita.

• Busarni

February 4, 2014 at 5:02 pm

@Naveah: some people just like part of their lives to be private. We are not to judge her that she hasn’t been seen with a man. The same people will still trash her if she keeps parading men. Lets respect her, it is her life. Have you ever seen chioma chukwuka’s husband with her on any red carpet event?. But , seriously what do Nigerians want from our celebrities. Let us have it at the back of our mind that they are all human.

• Naveah

February 6, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I can understand people keeping things private. Johnny Depp and Sean Penn are notoriously private but who they are dating is seen though the details are never discussed. I am not saying she should parade men around BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT since Rita has been in the industry, I am yet to see her name linked to one man, abeg nobody private reach dat wan o okay. Listen, whatever floats her yacht but something smells fishy to me.

• jcsgrl

February 4, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Erm Naveah your suspicions on the QueenLatifaesque vibe is right on the money

• Nnenna Morah

February 4, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Queen Latipha is gay going by media reports and she does have a girlfriend. Her case and Ms Dominic own different o. Most women starts feeling pressured the louder the biological clock ticks. One of the blessings of marriage is that of procreation, one wishes for their life mate to show up before that window of opportunity closes.

14. Modella

February 4, 2014 at 4:57 pm

TY Bella slain the picture…am not against anyone not getting married,but pls atleast have a baby or two,you are rich you can take care of your child..God knows if I didn’t marry till age of 35, I will have a child..I need companion in my old age,money ain’t everything!

• memebaby

February 4, 2014 at 5:49 pm

this is me if I’m not married at 34 and no boy friend.. off to the sperm bank..

• nwa babii

February 4, 2014 at 6:00 pm

good for u!but you’re in no position to decide what anyone should do with their lives..whether or not they want kids is up to them..for each one shall carry their own load!!

15. Adaeze

February 4, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Love! Love !Love!

16. Jane Public

February 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Funny how Genevieve mag tries to be all posh and at par with foreign publications and then they have such a stupid and archaic excerpt right on the front cover.
    Look at foreign publications with 38 year old single celebs, especially celebs who have achieved the status Rita has in Nollywood, I really doubt if that would have made the cover. Caemron Diaz for example has been on many covers and I don’t see that kind of quote on the magazine. She is single too. Charlize Theron, another huge single star. Octavia Spencer, I can go on and on.
    Even if matters such as love, marriage, kids, etc is discussed in the interview, such words won’t make the cover. I’m not saying she is as big as those celebs, but specific to the region, Rita is a huge star, fabulous actress, beautiful woman and all they can put on the cover is “it is not by choice that I am unmarried”. Bravo Dimeji. You guys may be using photoshop, but you may as well be a magazine from 1990. City people ish kind of moves right there. I expected better.

• memebaby

February 4, 2014 at 5:53 pm

i think is because of our culture and society. you know marriage is too important in this part of the world and the pressure being put on women at a certain age. so it can be seen as a “big deal”. I do not think the westerners make marriage a priority so yeah.

• corolla

February 4, 2014 at 7:01 pm

@ Jane public, you are so right

• Tosin

February 5, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Thank you for writing my thought on this issue exactly. They be disrespectin’ stars with all these mumu philosophies from before my grandmother’s time. It’s one thing if an HR exec thinks that way, but when someone is an actor, seriously, allow them some space to live the way they want.

• chi-e-z

February 5, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Cheers..so so right

17. Stephanie

February 4, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Dis lady does it 4 me each time,simply Gorgeous…Muahhh

18. Nathaniel

February 4, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I thought TY Bello was a singer. Photoshop has truly takes over. Just have cool nieces and nephews to look after you in your old age

• Mariaah

February 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm

TY Bello is a super talented photographer too. She shoots high-profile personalities and events.

19. rita dominic

February 4, 2014 at 5:41 pm

love rita, my role model

20. Cocobutter

February 4, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Looking beautiful, Rita the reason why you are single is your business and your business only!!! Live your life, cause your rock. Kudos to you, one of my favourite Nigerian actress.

21. nene

February 4, 2014 at 5:51 pm

she has finally admitted it. “i’m single and don’t need a man” does not apply to most women, but i’m all for living in the moment though, if you don’t find the type of man you’re looking for. but rita tory plenty for market..lips sealed.

22. Leah

February 4, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I love her and she looks gorgeous. I have said this before and I’ll say it again, Rita’s skin looks amazing in her natural much darker tone than a few years ago she was bleaching the life of it.

23. Great Portland Street

February 4, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Nice photo but the photoshop abii air brush is too much. It’s like they airbrush her wrist ???????

24. corolla

February 4, 2014 at 7:04 pm

The Photoshop no try sa…its like they merged her wrist into her shoulder…did no one on the G Team see this? That’s how the ituen Bassey issue, there was lipstick on her teeth.Abeg you people need an extra det of eyes to veto your work.

25. annon

February 4, 2014 at 7:06 pm

LOL, yes, they did air-brush her wrist away………

26. stella

February 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Did you say T.Y BELLO took this picture,wats wt the potraiture,its jst too much and she looks like a plastic.

27. Ijeoma

February 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm

The blurbs are terrible!

28. Amaka

February 4, 2014 at 9:03 pm

BN, the dress looks like a dress from Iconic Invanity

29. nich

February 4, 2014 at 9:30 pm

nigerians can believe anything but we know the truth….

30. Baptiste

February 4, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Airbrushed to within an inch of her real face. Goodness. For the cover no less. An unimpressive Dimeji alara debut.

31. always happy

February 4, 2014 at 11:28 pm

I thought I was the only one that saw that the hand placed on the shoulder was “photo finish ed in such a way it looked unnatural.

32. Leila

February 5, 2014 at 1:33 am

Airbrush of life! Shame on Genevieve mag and TY Bello, supposed nigeria’s best. Why does the beautiful Rita look like she’s growing a hand out of her arm? The irony of air brush, air brushing to perfect but instead you made her look imperfect. Great job Dimeji!

33. Uk

February 5, 2014 at 2:19 am

I hate all these marriage questions for real let the girl be

34. Endowed

February 5, 2014 at 2:27 am

I love Rita, she ‘s my idol always slaying whatever she puts her hands, she has the midas touch. WERK!!!!

35. Stephanie

February 5, 2014 at 5:47 am

Fine gal
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

36. Grown Woman

February 5, 2014 at 6:55 am

Pretty Rita…, you might think marriage is a ticket to heaven lol ….people should calm down and realise not everybody gets marriage at the age of 26.

37. www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

February 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

very beautiful

38. Tosin

February 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm

She’s a very beautiful woman. I do think they oversmooth photos a bit tho.
    The marry marry thing is very serious in Nigeria. My honest opinion is that she probably doesn’t need to marry. Maybe someday when she has nothing better to do. Like my honest opinion is that I don’t need to marry, and that the major reason for me to do so today would be to give my father something he says he wants. It would be a pain in the ass to get married. Sorry.

39. Tosin

February 5, 2014 at 3:09 pm

But if I was a guy? In Naija. Hell yeah I’ll have married at least once. What’s not to love about free labour? I would make a great dad 🙂

40. fashionandstylepolice

February 5, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Beautiful Rita.

41. amarachi

February 6, 2014 at 2:22 pm

wow dat face is smthing

42. Diamond

February 6, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Beautiful!

43. anne ciku.

February 27, 2014 at 11:32 am

You Nigerian are unbelivable. why do rita bother you soo much. i would urge her never to marry. These men dont have manners they run up and down like dogs. am married n i honestly regrets.

44. david

September 8, 2014 at 5:45 am

Do not be pressurized by people to make haste decision, take your time, life begins at 40

45. walter tendai hweta

August 23, 2015 at 3:09 pm

keep doing it that way nollyhood!