News

Lupita Nyong’o speaks on Jared Leto Dating Rumours on The Ellen Show – Watch

Lupita Nyong'o - CNN African Voices - February 2014 - BellaNaija 03

It’s Lupita Nyong’o!

Since the success of 12 Years a Slave, the Kenyan actress has been the subject of tabloid and online headlines…mostly positive.

But after the 2014 Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards, rumours started to surface that the 30-year old who turns 31 on March 1st, is dating 42-year old Jared Leto. Jared is also an Oscar nominee for his supporting role in Dallas Buyers Club.

And there were a few photos that suggested Jared is down with the swirl.

Lupita was invited by Ellen DeGeneres on The Ellen Show to speak on her whirlwind year and a whole lot more. Ellen who is hosting the Oscars on March 2nd, asked her about the rumours.

“But I thought Miley Cyrus broke us up? That was the last thing I heard. But you know, it’s crazy because when I read these rumors they’re so detailed that even I start to question whether they’re true or not! I know that I believed them in the past but now I can’t believe them anymore.” she replied.

Watch!

1. Curious

February 22, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Bellanaija, y’all are truly obsessed! Lupita ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, abeg make una free the girl small na! Haba!

2. Anon

February 22, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Jared’s eyes. Beautiful!

3. Marie Antoinette

February 22, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Glad it is a rumour 😀 J’aime Lupita avec tous mon coeur but I’d love to see Jared Leto with someone else…like Jennifer Lawrence. 🙂

4. Marie Antoinette

February 22, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Jared is unbelievably handsome!

5. porsh

February 22, 2014 at 4:53 pm

What’s with this Lupita Nyong’o self bella naija. …please am beginning to get sick of headlines with Lupita this Lupita that..please we need something fresh..as in fresh air.

• Leila

February 22, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Abeg waka pass with your hateful self . Do not click on any Lupita article. Rubbish people haba, all these enemies of progress, empty souls. Bella post on.Lupita forever.

• Bird's Eye

February 25, 2014 at 5:28 am

YES PLEASE!!! LUPITA FOREVER!!

6. ngluv

February 22, 2014 at 5:45 pm

WOW she is doing really well enough to get the haters who are tired of her success!!!!!! YESS girl u rock… bella naija please keep the lupita new coming!!!!

7. Opinion

February 22, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Keep it up Bella Naija…celebrate Lupita like the rest of the world as much as you can…haters it’s not by force, go to another website if you not like it. This is her time, lets celebrate our own.

8. i no send

February 22, 2014 at 7:22 pm

lupita is doing the most these days

9. Nok10

February 22, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Lol! How the heck can anyone hate on someone so talented’s success??? Lupita is amazing – talentwise, personalitywise, and the list goes on. First African ( raised in Africa, with an African accent, so please exclude Chitewel cos he claims British, Sophie Okenedo does as well) to be trully embraced by Hollywood!

10. Adaobi

February 22, 2014 at 8:37 pm

she’s soo elegant. Keep posting information about Lupita, Bella

11. viva

February 22, 2014 at 10:01 pm

BN please it up with EVERYTHING Lupita. She is an epitome of African beauty at its best. GBU.

12. SOLO ACT

February 22, 2014 at 10:54 pm

jared kinda looks like jesus

• Mama Mia!!!

February 23, 2014 at 3:15 pm

lol, nawa o, how do you know what Jesus looks like? Abi, you think what you see in the movies is what he actually looks like. For all we know he maybe darksinned…

• chi-e-z

February 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm

and you know what jesus looks like cos you and were padi padi, right?

13. BA

February 22, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Girl is like she was dipped in dark chocolate. Queen Lupita Nyong’o.

14. Turi

February 22, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Wow!!! Nice one, she a natural. Loving her outfit and her toned body. Don’t get the hair though!

15. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

February 23, 2014 at 3:43 am

LOVE TO SEE HERE BC OF THE THREADS SHE’LL BE WEARING, LOVE THE SHE HAS BEAUTIFUL COMMAND OF ENGLISH AND MOST OF ALL SHE SEEMS TO BE PRETTY SIMPLE YET SOPHISTICATED TO ME; THE WAY A WOMAN/LADY OUGHT TO BE…….

16. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

February 23, 2014 at 3:47 am

HA! IMPATIENCE. ME AND MY TYPOS…..HERE I GO AGAIN. I MEANT TO SAY THAT I LOVE HER BEAUTIFUL COMMAND OF ENGLISH O

17. CANNIME

February 23, 2014 at 4:52 am

I love me some Lupita! Such a natural.

18. Livy

February 23, 2014 at 7:45 am

So disappointed that Ellen had to ask if Animals stroll across the street of Africa. Dumb. I hate it when white people think loud that we live with animals, like you enter a danfo bus and you find a Cheetah sitting tight next to you. I live in Australia, and each day you find kangaroos taking a walk in the open, yea in Queensland. All my life in Nigeria i have never seen bold mighty lizards, brown snakes, cluster of crazy birds, kangaroos, etc compete with human space other than here. yet, they still think we live in jungle in the Africa.

• My Opinion

February 23, 2014 at 8:16 am

@Livy…..I know some white people are ignorant.In this case,you have to realize that Ellen can’t be taken seriously….she’s a comedian

• Noni

February 23, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I think she made it clear that she didn’t mean it like that. She just meant have you seen animals that isn’t normally seen in America, Europe etc. And didn’t Lupita say she saw a giraffe cross the road? I don’t know why people get so offended with that question when if you live in certain places in Africa it’s a legit question.

• Love

February 24, 2014 at 8:44 am

I was disappointed at that question as well. It shows ignorance on her side! Way too many people outside Africa fail to realise that Africa has big cities in it and is more than a jungle that they are led to believe *sigh*

19. Seriously

February 23, 2014 at 10:03 am

Good thing you’re not paying her bills then. Lupita is stunningly gorgeous.. West Africans and your yellow fever. You are killing your women, repent before it’s too late. Everyone will get cancer..

20. Jaygirl

February 23, 2014 at 10:09 am

Bless u Livy *word*

21. Cool cat

February 23, 2014 at 11:31 am

Eh ya, see people hating on lupita. Lmao. None of the Nollywood jokers you idolize will ever get to a quarter of this level and the reason is this. We as a people celebrate mediocrity because it is more within our reach, when we see exponential success, we hate on it because it seems unattainable, we don’t understand the concept of putting in the work and time towards our goals. We just want to be lucky and get thrown into success, without developing any skill. As long as there are people telling us we are great and we get as much publicity as we can buy, we are successful. Lupita is an inspiration and if you hate on that, I wonder what the future holds

• Mama

February 23, 2014 at 5:22 pm

How dare u make a silly comment like that? Seems u have the inferiority complex here……I have a lot to grind with Nolllywood but I dare say we have talent and how dare u say none none of them will ever get to a quarter of this level? You are not God so get your myopic self several sits……Hollywood dey heaven? Given the right opportunity Nolllywood does have talent that can get there…..

22. lexy

February 23, 2014 at 11:55 am

you know, Lindaikeji blog is more apt for you,your definition of beauty is there too,check hottie of the week or better still beauty of the day or hot bikini bod or some cheesy line…..oh and yeah your ‘supposed’ “currently in the sun” staple is a tad bit annoying, get a life and a better eye for beauty!

23. Patito

February 23, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Her Skin glows, love it

24. Amh

February 23, 2014 at 12:13 pm

@livy wow to see someone who lives in Queensland Australia on Bella NAIA. I live in Brisbane. Beautiful Lupita with melting chocolate skin , toned body, perfect fiction and high intelligence. She’s gorg.

25. Alero Mii

February 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Can’t get enough of Lupiter from Jupiter

26. Mama

February 23, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Am happy for her but she should start wearing clothes that cover her boobs…..she looks bony up and should not be showing any cleavage ……love her skin tone too

27. Ready

February 24, 2014 at 11:55 am

But did y’all notice that she didn’t deny it? I believe it’s in the early stages, and of course she can’t speak on it.
    Now…if they’re not getting on that love train already, they need to! I’ve been convinced since I initially saw pictures, that he looks at her as if the key to all his problems lies in her eyes. I’on care if he’s 12 years older than her, she needs to get on that! Or not…