News

Ex-Wife of Mercy Johnson’s Husband speaks on “Accepting her Fate”

BellaNaija.com

Mercy Johnson & Prince Odianosen Okojie

2 years and 7 months of wedded bliss and a beautiful baby daughter, Mercy Johnson and Prince Odianosen Okojie are still going strong.

Just before the Nollywood superstar and her heartthrob’s glamorous wedding in August 2011 (click here to see), there was a lot of media frenzy; Odianosen allegedly left his wife Lovely Okojie and two children for the movie star.

Prince and Lovely were allegedly legally married.

Lovely Okojie - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Encomium Weekly got in touch with Lovely who resides in Canada to speak on moving on, the children and accepting her fate.

Lovely tells EW that “I have no explanation to anybody. Life is full of ups and downs. I have accepted my fate.”

When asked how she has been able to cope with the children’s welfare, she replied “Like I said, I thank God. I am coping well”.

EW’s reporters claim she gave a furious reply when asked if her ex has been financially supporting the children. “What do you mean? That is my past. Don’t ask me questions about my past. I don’t want to relate with my past. In fact, I don’t know what you are talking about.” she said and cut the line.

1. darkchildlovethyhair

March 24, 2014 at 11:09 am

Good for you my dear, its better to move on to a bright future than hang on to a toxic past.

2. Amh

March 24, 2014 at 11:09 am

Mercy johnson, husband snatcher. The hubby no get job neither money sef. Wonder why she went ahead to marry him. Anyway, she has the rest of her life to work for bith of them and maintain him. Love is blind

• Jejelove

March 27, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Why are you so bitter?

• Powers

April 17, 2014 at 1:00 pm

i wonder ……. too

• Powers

April 17, 2014 at 12:59 pm

stop talking trash … all your life have u had just one guy? …. a guy leaves a woman for another u start blaming the woman …… Please leave Mercy alone what God has join together let no man , not even exes but asunder

• May

December 29, 2015 at 7:28 am

That is rubbish talk. The same bible said if u divorce ur spouse for another, God’s hands is out and there will be no blessings from God. Only way a man can divorces his wife is when one commits adultery if not you should remain single or go back and re-marry to the ex spouse.

3. this topic

March 24, 2014 at 11:13 am

BELLA HAVE U HEARD ABT D EBOLA VIRUS?

4. Ebony

March 24, 2014 at 11:16 am

Were they divorced, in the process of divorcing when her ex met, dated and married MJ? If yes then I do not see what the “husband snatching” brouhahaha was all about. People get married and divorced and remarry every day stop with the interviews already.

• Omo1

March 24, 2014 at 12:01 pm

They were not divorced

5. stupidityslayer

March 24, 2014 at 11:27 am

Hmm, strong woman. I respect her for not insulting them. You have your two kids with you dear and you live in a good society. Thank God for your blessings and move on. Other women have it worse. Their kids are taken from them

6. Blossom Ivy

March 24, 2014 at 11:30 am

No matter how progressive we get as a society, I can never be okay with a man leaving his wife and kids for another woman (or the woman doing something similar). Never.

If he was already divorced or separated, might be easier to digest. But leaving your wife and children? No.

• Progressive Scam

October 16, 2014 at 7:22 am

This “pogressivism” is what is leading to our destruction.

7. hayley

March 24, 2014 at 11:32 am

it happens alot in this abroad. Men will just use women,both white and black,for personal gains and once they´ve had their fill ,move on to marry their “soulmates” ,or culturally approved wives either here or back home.Have you seen the number of white women ABANDONED with biracial kids ,or black women who were only being used for their money and other things …..????One must be very prayerful and careful to avoid being wasted by some ruthless and heartless man .And innocent children get caught up in these mind games.I hope he still remembers the kids .

• iyke

March 24, 2014 at 12:26 pm

@ hayley – This is my opinion!
      I don’t believe in that ‘SOUL MATE’ notion. It overlooks a critical truth: that we (men/women) are in a continual process of change. The most wonderful man today may turn out to be your worst nightmare, just like the most loving wife today, may turn out to be worse than Jezebel tomorrow. You just can’t predict how the so called soul mate would turn out tomorrow or in 30 yrs time after marriage. Obviously, people will continue to marry and of course, will be disappointed.The onus is on YOU to embrace a long term strategy for marriage to avoid situations like this, should it happen to you.

• COCO

March 24, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Gbam!

8. @edDREAMZ

March 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

This mama must be really in pain and her husband is just grooving and enjoying the celebrity life with mercy johnson….. So technically, mercy and this man has been in a relationship even b4 he was still married and mercy thinks some other lady wont do the same to her, seriously i just hate this lady instantly and BN, her daughter is not beautifull as yu claim, she is just ok….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• silky creme

March 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Lmaoo! even as I’m finding it quite hard to understand, I still think its funny lol. #TeamEdreamz.

9. Chu-Chu

March 24, 2014 at 11:39 am

Na wa o…I wish both parties well.

10. Bella

March 24, 2014 at 11:40 am

Personally this is what she should have done instead of playing her personal story to the entire media. God has a way of dealing with wayward people and their issues. I trust Mercy didn’t snatch the man from another woman cos that fate is on its way if she did. I don’t agree with personal issues being played out in Public, it just makes you desperate, and half the time it never works because the man left, and yes love is not by force but if this guy married this woman then had a change of heart, he should divorce her and they both move on. its free will. Fact is we will never truly know what happened. they (the 3 of them) knows the full story.

11. iba

March 24, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Can we just move on already? Let God judge everyone involved in his own time.

12. Tee

March 24, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I don’t support divorce but I think it is the duty of a man to take responsibility of the children welfare regardless unless he’s super poor.

13. Sopono

March 24, 2014 at 1:56 pm

God is on the throne. Even Stephanie Okereke’s husband has not even started paying. Wait Stella Damasus nko? Karma is damn B…

14. Dayo

March 24, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Good for her. She shows remarkable strength and has apparently moved on with her life (and raising her kids). Good luck to her!

15. theglad

March 24, 2014 at 4:56 pm

this ishhhhh is getting old and boring already.you guys let it go pleaseeeeeeeeeee.nobody cares.its their lives.long hissssssssssssssssssssss!

16. silky creme

March 24, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Like I always say, nobody is totally bad. There’s always two sides to a coin as well as every story. For issues like this, I always restrain myself from being judgemental. I think mercy Johnson is a sincere person, I’ve met her a couple of times and worked alongside her husband- I appreciate candour and he comes across as a very candid person. So guys, lets step down from being judgemental a bit, there’s probably more than meets the eye.

• nene

March 24, 2014 at 7:22 pm

you have said it all

• Toks

March 24, 2014 at 9:28 pm

You funny o, so because person be Mr Candid, he can never break someone’s heart. So all players have a certain look, a bi. You might look all innocent, that doesn’t mean you can’t a fly. Babes, don’t judge a book by its cover.

• omada

March 25, 2014 at 12:37 am

looooooool

17. Sunshine

March 24, 2014 at 9:29 pm

This is why I am not against polygamy. My choice definition of polygamy is: Man, yes most men, for reasons beyond our understanding will seek to bond with women they are not legally married to. If this inevitable becomes the reality, the man should be encouraged to cater for his children, respect the first wife and still love her. Obviously this depends on the first woman. I do not agree with war and dagger. There are so many first wives out there who have been abandoned with children and needs including sexual. If the separation is not due to irreconcilable differences (as they say) but the philandering way of the man, he should be made use of as best as possible. Let’s us manage the situation to our advantage. No quarrel, no war. My granddad used to say even a broken clock gives accurate time twice a day.

• Elijah James

October 29, 2015 at 9:33 am

Elijah james.if a man is in love with a lady of outside marriege its diffcolty to the love wife cause the outside lady looks more atractive than the wife.sometimes you will find that the girlfriend is more understanding than the wife even more helpfull,so the gets confused wanting to who is real,mostly girlfriends becomes real.so what do you expect divorce is the best way to solve that pazzle.men and weman let us be real for once than killing ourselves

18. masuku vuyisile

March 25, 2014 at 7:53 am

wel my dear what mercy did was wrong you cant marry another woman s husband while she is still alive n that is adultery n its totally wrong. lets face the fact god is not happy about it coz it wasn’t so in the beginning. read 1 Corinthians 7 at list the whole chapter. god bless u all

• Etudiant

July 22, 2018 at 6:25 pm

I’ve just read 1 Corinthians 7 and it doesn’t say ‘you can’t marry another woman’s husband’. Actually, in verses 10 and 11 it says: ‘To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife’.
      If you refrain from being creative with the above scripture, it simply says (the same thing as many Nigerian traditional cultures say): a man (generally) ought not to put away his wife, and a woman should get married to one man and (generally) stay sexually loyal to that one man as long as he lives. The question of ‘he married another woman or another woman married him’ doesn’t count in this worldview. Look closely at Matthew 5:32 and you’ll notice that Jesus Christ never says the man divorcing his wife commits adultery. He, on the contrary, says the man puts his wife at risk of adultery and whoever marries her (the divorced woman) commits adultery. In effect, then, many Nigerian indigenous cultures’ worldview actually mirrored the Biblical view perfectly, until the Westerner came and sold us his Western revision of the Bible. Nigerians appear to love this Revision so much, that they shut their eyes (on many issues) to what Scripture obviously says.

19. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

March 25, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Good to know she’s moved on. She has to be strong for the sake of her kids.

20. statistics

March 25, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Sometimes I wonder what it takes for human beings to reason statistically. What is the divirce rate today? In Nigeria? In the developed countries? And when people get divorcef, what are the supposed to do? Remain single? Let’s get real people. Half of the marriages contracted in recent times will breakdown. A lot of the divorced people will remarry. These are facts. Accept that cold reality and wish them all the best. Believe me if you sit in courts and go thru many a divorce proceedings, it makes you wonder why the folks got married in the first place. Maybe it’s time to go back to the era of arranged marriages cos it worked in most cases. With all the noise abt “love” these days, I wonder why marriages that are supposedly built on love falls apart do quickly……

• silky creme

March 27, 2014 at 2:49 am

Arranged marriage is the way forward tbh.

21. Lovelynn

September 30, 2014 at 3:54 pm

My name sake, don’t worry your husband will come back to you pleading when the stars that dazzle him clear from his eyes.

22. Mrs Okpara Christy

April 14, 2015 at 11:09 am

Well sha mercy didn’t do why take another woman s hubby wen di a a lot of men outside who admired her

23. Elijah James