News

“I am Beautiful” – Eniola Badmus on Loving her Body

Eniola Badmus - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

They don’t call her gbogbo bigz girls for nothing, she’s a real woman. Nollywood actress Eniola Badmus is letting the world know she is comfortable in her own skin.

Eniola who has been criticized for her body weight took to Instagram to share an image with a touching write up on loving herself.
Read;
Eniola Badmus - March 2014 - BellaNaija 02

“I snapped dis photo of myself because I feel so good of wot I am. Sure I dnt av d perfect body but I can finally say wif 100% honesty dat I luv me…..itz been a difficult journey but….#iaminlovewithme my new found love affair with myself has motivated me to start eating right, working out, doing yoga nd staying positive…..practicing self love everyday nd nt being afraid to be #EniolaBadmus nd it feels so good….I may av big tommy buh i still look yummy…..it may nt b society’s version of perfect buh it belongs to me……I put it to u today dat am beautiful inside nd out #stopbodyshaming”

1. ella

March 7, 2014 at 7:20 am

wow!
    You are Eniola.

2. Bukky

March 7, 2014 at 7:26 am

Go girl!!! Good for you my dear. Love yourself and you’ll be a lot happier.

3. www.molokwupeter.blogspot.com

March 7, 2014 at 7:37 am

so what now happen.next

4. Facts

March 7, 2014 at 7:40 am

She says she’s perfect but still exercising. For what though? To lose weight init? No shame admitting you’re overweight and need to be in shape – not for others people but yourself. Fat people should stop this “I love my body bullshit”. Lose weight not just to look good but healthy as well. How is having a big tummy a good look? Yulk!

March 7, 2014 at 9:47 am

I don’t see where she says she’s perfect, and you’re not in such a hurry to type and counter what she says you would see that she said the opposite ie that she is not.

• Kehinde

March 7, 2014 at 10:19 am

It seems you are not enlightened as regards the goals for exercising. One of the goals is to stay fit, not only to lose weight. I am slim and have always been but I exercise regularly and maintain a weight of 60kg. I have been that for some years now. So, you should condemn people when you don’t know the reason for certain actions they do.

• bubbles

March 7, 2014 at 6:33 pm

lol, thank you o

• Bleed Blue

March 7, 2014 at 10:24 am

@Facts I wish you wouldn’t be so harsh. She’s likely to read this piece on her and comments like yours tip people over if they’re already in a sensitive place.

She says she doesn’t have the perfect body. She says she loves herself BUT it’s that self love that’s motivating her to eat right and exercise. Now where did this your own version of events come from?

Eniola kudos to you, continue your self love journey and keep people updated. Who knows how many others you will inspire to start their own lifestyle change?

• D'Mamma

March 7, 2014 at 12:36 pm

The idea behind exercise is to stay fit, and be agile. It’s not always about losing weight dear.

• tomi

March 7, 2014 at 1:04 pm

ummm you know exercising isn’t just to loose weight right? 70% of your lifestyle comes from the kitchen and 30% of an active lifestyle to keep you going and she didn’t say she’s perfect, she said she may not have the perfect body but her new found love with herself is helping her take the right step and make better lifestyle decisions. Everybody get market, big tummy o, flat nyash o, small breast o, you will find your person. Self love is definitely the first step to making a change for yourself. Next time you want to make a smart comment, please read properly so you don’t look ignorant

• memebaby

March 7, 2014 at 4:11 pm

what are you sayyyinnngg.. I love my body! that does not mean I wont exercise! I love my body, that is why I want to stay fit and be healthy! we all must exercise because it’s good for the body and not weight loss! in fact 70%-80% wight loss is done in the kitchen so what are you on about.

5. ADA

March 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

I admire her confidence, she should loose weight and stop deceiving herself, am sure she doesn’t like the way she looks either.

• tomi

March 7, 2014 at 1:06 pm

another case of read and think before you type *sigh* the ignorance is full blown today

6. CarliforniaBawlar

March 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

**singing** when trouble sleep Eniola Badmus go wake am!!!
    She should know better than this na!! she suppose no say folks can’t stand happy fat people….It not like they are being mean or nothing, they are just so concerned about her health that she can’t even be happy while she’s working on getting better. No girl you can’t!

7. DJ STELCH

March 7, 2014 at 7:54 am

Your Intelligent, Hard Working, Bold And Beautiful, But Ima Love You More If You Can Add More Weight!!

8. olori Tari

March 7, 2014 at 8:16 am

Yes…you are beautiful ! I just love people who are confident regardless. Don’t underestimate the power of Self love…it’s important !

9. memze

March 7, 2014 at 8:25 am

Right attitude to change. I wonder why people are quoting her out of context. She’s trying at being healthy and she’s still been castigated. Go Girl!!! Do your thing , God bless you.

10. SOLO ACT

March 7, 2014 at 8:26 am

i support her if she wants to lose weight. this is the first step. loving yourself is being healthy, and realizing you need help

11. i no send

March 7, 2014 at 8:39 am

self love is the strongest form of love even if people like california whatever try to break the spirit

12. sisi

March 7, 2014 at 8:45 am

dear facts, u sound really ignorant. exercising is not just to loose weight but to be healthier. she loves her body. ur opinion doesn’t count. if u don’t have anything good to say just zip it.

13. Debby

March 7, 2014 at 8:45 am

That’s the way to go girl,even the slim people around. People will still look for that part of them that is not perfect and still make them feel bad about who they are.

I pity people who make negative comments on how anyone look like, as if they can create the tiniest strand of air on our body. Eniola enjoy yourself!

14. Priscy

March 7, 2014 at 9:09 am

I love the spirit. Self love first + she realizes she needs to loose some weight and she’s ready to work on that. Encouragement is what she needs now.

15. http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/

March 7, 2014 at 9:52 am

Some people are in such a hurry to put others down, especially when it comes to an overweight person. She accepts that she needs to work on her weight and from what she said, she’s already doing that. If you hate it so much that she loves herself regardless, then well…. go kick rocks, kill yourself. *tongue out*.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

16. Modella

March 7, 2014 at 10:14 am

Hahahah..BN no find trouble ooo,all the orobo’s in the house are ready to attack in full force! Luv her spirit much

17. InCotonou

March 7, 2014 at 10:17 am

@Debby, You are so right. People who criticize other people about they way they look have their own issues. The reality is that no matter now you look, some people will find fault with you. And while diet does affect the weight, genetics also plays a big part. Some people can eat carbs and drink alcohol and still stay slim. Some people can’t. You learn about yourself and discover what works as you grow, and you learn to make better choices for your health and beauty. We are all work in progress and no body has the right to criticize anybody else because they are not on the same stage of the journey as you are. So yes, you may be slim and have the killer figure, but are you sure you have all that you want or need in life? If you are unhappy, deal with your issues and leave other people to deal with theirs!

18. nene

March 7, 2014 at 10:19 am

positive message. people deserves to love themselves regardless of what society or others think.

19. Ceeroz

March 7, 2014 at 10:36 am

I am overweight but have been on working on losing weight because I need to keep healthy and so far I have lost 17 kgs. It is not easy being an overweight being and I think that 100% of overweight people do not genuinely love themselves. I had to ask myself very deep questions to get the point of desiring a lifestyle change. How do you say you love yourself when you do not live right? Being overweight comes with a myriad of problems most of which can be life threatening. So I just want to put my two cents here…yes you may think you love yourself you must do stuff that demonstrates you love yourself! I love that she says she has began to eat right n work out because for me now that is a demonstration of self love!!!

March 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

Ceeroz please speak for yourself. The fact that you don’t love yourself doesn’t mean others don’t. Some years back I lost over 40kg and guess what, I did not love myself any more than I did when I was big. Was I more confident? yes. Was I happier? Not necessarily. Please love yourself regardless of your dress size while striving to be the best you you can possibly be. Maybe you don’t even know what love is. I just get so riled up when I read comments like this.

• AA

March 7, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Wow, speak for yourself. I am not slim but I love myself and I have super confidence and it is that love for myself that keeps me trying to stay healthy and eat right. Sadly, I will never be a size 2. So please speak for yourself, don’t try and speak for me

• memebaby

March 7, 2014 at 4:17 pm

hmmmm you should check your self esteem seems realllyyy low. just because you hate your self that does not mean others should join your pity party. no miss! how can you justify your happiness based on how slim or how fat you are ? that is a sad way to live your life because you are more than your weight! sighh..I have so much to put down but I am tired..JUST LOVE YOU and work on things you think you can do in order to be the best you!

20. Nonya

March 7, 2014 at 10:59 am

I really like her and she’s pretty to me!

21. Tee

March 7, 2014 at 1:07 pm

@facts you are not just irrelevant as your statement but have a brain the size of a pea for you not to know that exercise is primarily for keeping fit and not to loose weight.Exercise from now till eternity,trust me if you don’t eat well all ur effort is zero.And that is wat Eniola is working on.what exactly do you mean by yulk? I can relate that well to the opp sex,if you don’t knw,let me tell you now.some men love them this size and there’s nothing you can do abt that.Let this ppl live,perhaps we should start by lecturing our mothers and aunts that falls in this category instead of taking panadol for someone else headache

22. Hahaha

March 7, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Being at the right place with God is all that matters,many slim and sexy ones will lose their lives unexpectedly,the overweight ones will also pass on without notice,d healthy might die in a car accident and the wealthy might die in their private jets.While you go around bothering yourself about the life you are in no control of,others persevere preparing for the final place,flesh never meant anything

• Bleed Blue

March 7, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Dude…c’mon! If we are to go by your analogy, does that mean we shouldn’t bother getting an education or anything else that improves the quality of life? As long as we are in “the right place with God”?

I’m a firm lover of God and this body He gives us is His temple so how you take care of it matters a whole lot. The same way I’d preach against attacking your lungs with nicotine is the same way I’d preach against attacking your arteries with fatty foods.

Eniola is doing the right thing by deciding to make this positive change. I think being in the right place with God is an entirely separate issue.
      All the best E.B.!

23. Namwa

March 7, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Yo go girl!! Self love is the beginning of better things to come. People should leave her alone, unless you’ve been over-weight your don’t know how hard it is to wake up and not like what you see in the mirror, and then go out for the whole world to tell you how bad you look (in the name of we care about your health) Some people are more predisposed to being overweight than others and have to work extra hard to even be at “normal” size.If she truly loves herself, awesome, bashing her, or trying to make her feel bad about herself, helps no one

24. LION

March 7, 2014 at 2:47 pm

You go girl. Love this!

25. xoxo

March 7, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Eniola, always remember this : ” You is kind, you is Smart,, you is important”” –
    (From The Help.)Keep doing what your doing.

26. AYaB

March 7, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Eniola, I’m happy you do not let other’s opinion of you affect your self confidence. God help you in your drive for good healthy lifestyle. luv u xoxoxoxo

27. Tayo

March 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Washere omo

28. Deedee

April 12, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Am so happy for u Eniola, that’s the right way to look at life, u go girl!!!!!!!