Events

Miss Nigeria ’13 Ezinne Akudo visits Queen’s College Lagos to commemorate International Women’s Day

Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 022

The International Women’s Day, a day that highlights the importance of women in a society by celebrating them,  was held worldwide on Saturday 8th March 2014.

Miss Nigeria 2013 Ezinne Akudo chose to commemorate the celebration at Queens College Lagos. At the event she addressed the issues that affects the girl child today; speaking on dreams, basic etiquette and abiding by the governing policy.

There were over 6000 students as well as the administrative and academic staff in attendance for the talk. Ezinne was thanked by the principal of the school Osime, E.M, who gave a closing speech.

View photos from the event

Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 026Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 028Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 021Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 024Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 023Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 025Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 027Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo at Queen's College - March 2014 - BellaNaija - 029

1. Dr. N

March 10, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Wearing blue was a nice touch. drnsmusings.wordpress.com

2. Anon

March 10, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Good old QC. Reminisces.

3. Cool cat

March 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Cheiiii, see my school o. Almost unrecognisable. Pass on the torch!

4. FOB

March 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

oooh so many memories of this assembly ground… kneeling under the sun on the assembly ground; hiding under the lockers to avoid going for assemblies; fapping berets for assembly; throwing our berets in the air on our last assembly; pretending to be a Muslim student to avoid Friday assembly…. good times.
    BTW why is the admin block looking so dilapidated?

• Miss Anonymous

March 10, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Yes I remember throwing our berets at the last assembly!
      🙂

5. kimmy

March 10, 2014 at 6:26 pm

That little girl reminds me of how mum used to write my name on my uniform those days………..lol

6. she

March 10, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Pass on the torch…. proud Qc girl and a proud woman today.

7. kemmy

March 10, 2014 at 6:41 pm

i remember fapping enough berets just to have extra for assembly……lol.Sweet memories

• Blossom

March 10, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I hope the your sepelizers read this.

• Bird's Eye

March 11, 2014 at 4:57 am

LOLOLL

• Anon

March 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Ha! Ha!! I haven’t heard that word “sepelisers” in yonks. Memories.

• ty

April 13, 2014 at 10:06 am

haha,so true..and jumping tables when seniors come to count to leave d class for assembly

8. goldfinch

March 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Some of the girls at the back of the assembly will end up in beret-less home if they still call it like that. That is to say, enough plate washing in the kitchen and missing one or two lesson periods.
    *sigh* so many memories.
    Those days, it seemed 6 years will never end. I thank God sha.

9. ozzysgal

March 10, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Awww. .. assembly ground, school band, this school formed me… so proud! Still pray for Mrs Marinho. .. best princi ever!

March 10, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Yes o!Mrs Marinho was the bomb!

10. Yinka Ogunbajo

March 10, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Pass on the torch still brightly gleaming — Up QC. Proud Old QC girl here 🙂

11. triple o!

March 10, 2014 at 8:34 pm

choi! see QC oh! and that little girl with her name sewn (so unattractively) into her dress! Kai! My mummy did that to me when I was a junior girl oh! It is well

12. LOLS

March 10, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Proud QCOG for life!

13. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 10, 2014 at 10:10 pm

NICE!

14. Blessed

March 10, 2014 at 10:41 pm

There are only two secondary schools in Nigeria, QC and others 🙂

• Efunjoke girl

March 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

You are 100% correct my sister. QC all the way!!! Good old days.
      I see late comers and beretless girls still stand at the back. lol. Oh my days of fapping berets. Mrs Abolade and Togonu- Bikersteth tortured me. Lord!!!!

• chiara

March 10, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Yeah rite, with their dilapidated buildings and over-populated classrooms. Just riding on past glory. I can never send my daughters there.
      Instead of making noise, the OGQC should do something abt that school. FAST

• Ufuoma

March 11, 2014 at 11:25 am

Excuse me but how is reminiscing about your alma matter now equivalent to riding on past glory? Did anybody make any comparison between QC. And other schools ? Or are you one of those burnt ppl from other FGC’S

• Ufuoma

March 11, 2014 at 11:29 am

Jealous much? Am sure you are one of those other FGC people

• anastasia

March 12, 2014 at 12:47 pm

FYI……QOCG have been doing lots so far wen last did u visit the b4 u yarn balls? well i’ll also live in the skool past glory, cos its a great honour to also be an EX-QCOG. yeah rite…..and THE TORCH KEEPS PASSING ON……….rubbish u…..

• Misi

May 19, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Yes o, QC and others! Memories of a more innocent time.

15. dp

March 10, 2014 at 11:10 pm

niceee

16. Cancel Reply

March 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm

That assembly ground brings back memories men!! #passonthetorch

17. Coded1

March 11, 2014 at 12:05 am

Hahaha. Floreat Qui-Cee babes

• ozzysgal

March 12, 2014 at 10:11 am

Floreat our brother;)

• anastasia

March 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm

biko how is QC now floreat kwa? dats KC slang ooooo

18. beeess

March 11, 2014 at 12:47 am

awwww QCOG! Pass on the Torch

19. http://snoopmini.blogspot.com

March 11, 2014 at 2:33 am

dat nice of her o
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

20. D

March 11, 2014 at 3:04 am

QCOG for lifeeeeeeeee!!! Truly seemed like it would never end, but did. Best times

21. Dammylee

March 11, 2014 at 3:08 am

Everything is still the same. I see you QC. Pass on the touch

• Anon

March 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm

TORCH!

• Bleed Blue

March 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Leave her na! It’s her touch she wants to pass.

22. Miss Mo

March 11, 2014 at 4:24 am

Yaaaaaay, my alma matar. That assembly ground just took me down memory lane.

QCOG for life….:D

23. Adewale Obajimi

March 11, 2014 at 6:28 am

what re u pple feelin like, qc and others. UP I.C

24. chimaka

March 11, 2014 at 7:32 am

“QC n others” meaning…Sure did Ezinne attend QC ROTFL!! FGGCOW all the wayyy

25. Amaka

March 11, 2014 at 8:50 am

The assembly is same as always lol..QCOG

26. Omo

March 11, 2014 at 10:12 am

Wow… The Old girls association should do something to help the school, the buildings look old and tired. if the school meant so much- pass on the torch by dipping hands in your pockets!

March 11, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Why do you sound so pained though?

• CarliforniaBawlar

March 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

She’s saying something that makes sense, you’re saying she sounds pained!!
      Do those buildings look good to you?
      smh!!

27. Stephanie

March 11, 2014 at 10:15 am

Nice one!
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

28. tea

March 11, 2014 at 10:19 am

awwwww beautiful Ezinne, i love this girl

29. sommaola

March 11, 2014 at 10:37 am

QC All the wayy!!!!!! all these haters get over it!!! QC……. the best years…. the best memories…… very much still being the best……

30. Modella

March 11, 2014 at 11:43 am

Agbani,Ezinne ,stephanie are the most elegant queen thus far…she look wowww..good gesture on her part

• Preetyyyyy

March 14, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Did Ezinne go to QC?

31. The Original Beebee

March 11, 2014 at 11:46 am

Yay….QCOG repping Danfodio House in the building!!!
    I remember the good old days….

Thank God for everything…Mrs Marinho and Sojunrin were the principals when I was there…

• onyi

March 14, 2014 at 11:52 pm

“Our house is danfodio, our uniform:white and red. We will always always always always be our best. ”

“We are the QC girls…. if they couldn’t hear us, WE speak a little louder.

QCOG proudly passing on the touch.
      loved my time there

32. Tom

March 11, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Ezinne is so classy…….

33. agbeke

March 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Gosh this brought back sooo many memories. the glorious 6 years spent at QC. Proud QCOG for life! God bless Mrs Marinho my PQC! All you haters from other FGCs comot for there…and fyi Chiara and Omo the old girls always donate to the school. It is a Federal Government owned institution and there is only so much old girls can do. Anyways proud of my alma mata! …We forward press not backwards turning that is our torch more brightly burning and may yet pass on and on foreeeever!!!!

34. Facts

March 11, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I like Ezinne’s jumpsuit. Btw, is this the QC? Why do they look like this?

35. notaplayerhater

March 12, 2014 at 2:42 am

But peeps are funny sha. Your school does look dilapidated and being advised to collectively do something about the place that formed you makes one a ‘hater’? Is that what the seriously overhyped QC taught y’all? Puhleeze! Oh, and for the person saying QC is an FG school yadiyadiyadi, ever heard of endowments? I’m sure QC molded lotsa made-women today. Put your money where your mouths are and buy some pots of paint for your alma mater. You already have too many manolos! And yes, I’m no QC girl!, Thank God!

• Miss Anonymous

March 12, 2014 at 1:11 pm

You have a point, those buildings do need a coat of fresh paint. However QCOGs (especially the older generations) regularly raise funds for renovation of the infrastructure. For instance i know the gate and entrance area were done by old girls.
      I wonder whose idea this change of school uniform was though. Not good at all.
      One more thing though…..I’d like to see pictures of your secondary school 😉

36. bubu

March 12, 2014 at 7:07 am

all these comments though, lmao!!

37. Sylvia

March 12, 2014 at 7:26 pm

There is happy feeling to reminisce over ur alma mata. I went to Sagamu and till today, stil proud I did. It groomed me into d woman I am naw. Recently during our reunion, we discussed and donated to help renovate d sch building,(eventhough it doesn’t rele need dt much touch up) Without bin biased, wht Chiara said is d truth, d buildings are nt sights to behold of a federal college. No matter hw little, u guyz shld help mk a change.

• L'afrique

March 12, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Reading your comment and making a mental note to get extra spelling and grammar tuition for my daughter if she ends up in Sagamu

38. THE INTELLECTUAL

March 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm

These pics bring back sooo much memories.. so much… i loved my QC days wen i look back now those were the best times.
    suya special
    back gate barbeque
    gen house boy(Kunle that used to help us buy contraband)
    Quadrangle
    matti obasa
    matti danfodio
    little bride(Miss Obi lolllllll)
    Sojirin (quiet pls …. quiet pls)
    caprisonne fight
    bathing at slabbs
    punishment book
    i dunno y we were always so hungry on saturday nights dining was always soooo full and serious shortage of hot rice and watery stew lollll
    saturday night entertainment
    Miss Scrupples
    Dorm enterainment
    fapping of everything from berets to bathroom slippers to gnut
    vals day excitment in dorm area
    visiting day (God help u if they do not come for u)
    convocation day (i dunno why we always felt the need to collect every single rice pack in sight)
    slim fitting ur skirt with outfitters
    sexy house wares
    calabarising your hair
    i can go on and on and on……

• onyi

March 15, 2014 at 12:04 am

Special suya was the bombdiggydy lol
      Some people even used to chew the brown wrapper.
      Barbeque at back gate. Sweats

QuadraNgle: remember kneeling down there 4 so long . Couldnt stand up when the punishment was over… God help you if tambolo bites you while you are at it.

Remember (for boarders) the mixed emotions of checking in after holidays…. phew

“They’ve come for you” the golden words.

The day my beret was faped… my heart sunk lol I acquired a new one sharply b4 next assembly. No dulling lol.

Hiding in class during assembly. If you were caught….. wahala dey
      I could go on for days…..

39. chinny

March 14, 2014 at 3:04 am

yes oo..same memories here likewise. lol. thot i was d only one that noticed the poor state of the admin block, they ought to have done something about it. everly proud to have passed thru QC.

40. Preetyyyyy

March 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm

QC All the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Yh we need to repair that school mahn, looks very tired and old!

Memories will last forever #Noregrets

41. dooooooo

March 14, 2014 at 11:02 pm

q.c all d way mhen……………………………..love that school die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yhu’ll wishing yhu went to a skl dat known and popular but we can be blamed 4 yhur parents mistake or yhur poor academic performance*winks*PASS ON THE TOUCH

42. ty

April 13, 2014 at 10:06 am

cant even recognize any1 here, how time flies

43. ty

April 13, 2014 at 10:11 am

i wonder what happened to euler-ajayi, okanni left..that woman..jeez..i remember d day she flogged me for passing her office during school hours,zobo and puffpuff from that igbo woman,igbo students we never learnt anything,.when they take light during prep, and we come out to sing, qc is d school mehn!

44. Dee

May 24, 2014 at 10:10 am

I like this. Love that she wore blue. QC was a great experience in my time, unfortunately I don’t think the present students are getting the same level of grooming and tuition. We really need to do a lot about our educational system in Nigeria. The glory days are gone….

45. Bolakoka

August 5, 2014 at 7:22 pm

WOW!

Reading these comments bring a lot of memories.

QC girls though…I can’t stop laughing. I’m a proud one any day.

I came online searching for old girls of Queen’s College who would like to be a part of a mentorship project this September and I stumbled on this.

Thanks to Aunty Bella!

As much as the school needs to develop its infrastructure, the mind of the Queen’s College Girl needs to be developed. The QC Girl of today needs to be mentored. As in, seriously…
    Who else can mentor these girls but the great ladies and women who have passed through this school?

Let us take this opportunity to STAND UP and DO SOMETHING.

Whoopi Goldberg said,
    We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little TORCHES out to lead people through the dark.

What more can I say…

Let us BE THE LIGHT for a QC Girl

Pass On The Torch Still Brightly Gleaming…

Please get more info on how you can be a part of this project by sending a mail to [email protected]

46. Jane