News

Career Women or “Home Managers”? Watch Stella Damasus Diaries

BellaNaija.com

Stella Damasus - April 2014 - Stella Damasus Diaries - BellaNaija.com 01

It’s either a woman is a career leading lady or star of the home, depending on choice.

Stella Damasus is out with a fresh new episode of the “Stella Damasus Diaries“. In the clip, the Nollywood actress  – who turned 36 years yesterday – shares an interesting view of both occupations.

Stella got an e-mail from a fan who wanted her advise on her decision pursue a career, even after she promised her husband that she’ll stay at home to raise the children.

Check it out!

1. Chi

April 25, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I am so annoyed with this video. What is this woman really going on about?

2. MARY

April 25, 2014 at 8:31 pm

NO ONE CARES……..YAWN

3. MARY

April 25, 2014 at 8:32 pm

NO ONE CARES……YAWN YAWN

4. Chi

April 25, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I don’t really know Stella Damascus, does she have children? Because I don’t understand the message here. The so called career women also do all of the above. You will always be a wife/ mother first. You can switch off your work mode but you can never switch off wife or mummy mode, that is your role 24/7. If you want to make an inspirational video for the lady in question and other ladies like her, go ahead, but don’t sit there and talk like being a career woman makes you less of a homemaker. In this life, do what makes YOU happy. There is zero wrong with wanting to be a homemaker. Just like there is zero wrong with wanting to be a career woman. I completely agree that she shouldn’t make decisions based on what her friends are telling her, but if she sits down, thinks carefully and decides that she wants to work, what does her husband being successful have to do it anything? Yes, they had an agreement but she kept that agreement for 6 years, she may want a change now. That is why it is called communication. There are such things as compromise in relationships, I am sure they can come to one. Sorry I am ranting, but this video bugged me. I am not married and don’t have kids. I have friends that fit both categories. My “career women” friends are amazing mothers and wives and my “homemaker” friends are amazing mothers and wives. Shikena.

• niki

April 26, 2014 at 8:51 am

Well, towards the end she catered to ur critique by saying that being a career woman does not make you less as she is one herself. Shikena

5. TheresaO

April 25, 2014 at 8:45 pm

God bless you Stella!!! A million ‘gbosas’ for you! I couldn’t agree more to all you said.
    It’s true, it’s what God says you are that counts, not what people or society say. Whether working mother or stay-at-home mother, you are doing a wonderful job taking care of those little darlings. And guess what? God appreciates your hardwork. May God bless all mothers and potential mothers!
    BTW Fathers and potential fathers, we hail you too. Don’t feel left out. 🙂

6. lace

April 25, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I agree with Stella simply because the lady in question agreed to be a stay at home mum however, I sympathize with you. Have you thought about part time jobs ? You can work when the children are in school. Secondly, most working mums in Nigeria still handle all those responsibilities Stella mentioned so I doubt the lady will get any comfort from that. Finally, people should stop selling themselves short, even if you are sure you want to be a stay at home mum, you might change your mind later on-and there is nothing wrong with that. Don’t agree with any man that you will be a housewife, let that decision be up to you to make.

7. AVID BLOG READER

April 25, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Stella God bless you for this topic. I am a working mother and honestly would rather be a home manager. I work full time and work at home managing my home. It is not an easy task at all. This is why many woman are depressed!

Unfortunately the society does not appreciate what home manager do but like Stella said you have to own it and be confident because you do a lot!!!! If your hubby is in support then girl you are good! I am all for equal rights for men and women but I must say that when a family has young kids, the woman is better off with a part time job preferably working from home and managing her home.

I wish I had that option.

8. Mrs A

April 25, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Wow, thank you for this!
    I agree 100%
    This really spoke to me because I’m a crossroads regarding this very issue.
    A ‘stay at home’ Mums role is under appreciated in todays society and that is very unfortunate.
    That being said, everyones situation is different. May God give us the wisdom to decide whats best for our families.

9. Asa

April 25, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Well said.

10. tadah

April 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Who cares, stella go nd seat down

11. Traycee

April 26, 2014 at 12:51 am

Totally agree with Avid Blogger Reader!

12. paulmirabilis

April 26, 2014 at 2:05 am

wow!…Stella has just earned my respect.

13. Tobenna

April 26, 2014 at 7:50 am

Ok, First of all,
    Stella, Chukwu Gozie Gi for daring to tell the truth which some people who has been westernized do not want to hear.
    Second of all,
    It’s a shame that we claim to be Christians and yet have forgotten the fundamentals of a Home as Our Creator wanted it to be. In the beginning Eve was the Home Manager while Adam was the bread winner. Sadly, Today some women (trying to fit into the so-called modern world) thinks that their life is incomplete if they are not working in an office, In the proses of doing that, another women (maid) becomes the phycological mother of her children and the manager of her home.

I personally know about 3 American women (who are family friends of mine), Very well educated with masters degree and all that, Now 2 of them are stay at home mom (home managers) because they realized that you cannot honestly devote yourself to your career and your family at the same time, especially when you are the mom and the kids are young.

I know that it is not every woman has the opportunity to be a home manager, But those who have it should use that opportunity, Its Good for the kids and your Home.

14. Stephanie