News

Cook Accuses Lagos DPO of Rape & Extortion

rape

The Police is Your Friend – A sign boldly placed on most stations across the nation.

But this story, changes that caption completely.

31-year old cook Idowu Akinwunmi has revealed that she was raped by Adekunle Awe, a Divisional Police Officer in Onikan Station, Lagos. She is also alleging extortion and threatening of her life.

“I work at an eatery on Keffi Street, Obalende, as a cook. The eatery also has a tailor’s shop in the compound and it belongs to the same person. There is also a (boys) quarters where we live in the compound.

Most of the workers are from Cotonou, Benin Republic. On Monday, a popular customer, known as Friday, came to eat. He later left, but some moments later, he returned to say he could not get a bus home.

Friday had been making advances at me, but we were not a couple. I allowed him to sleep over.” she revealed to Punch

When her boss woke up at 1 AM, to find out Friday was sleeping in the BQ, Idowu says she called the police to arrest her and Friday. Two others in the tailors’ quarters, were also arrested.

“I had only a pair of shorts, a shirt and a wrapper on. I had N11,000 in my pocket and my phone was not with me. On getting to the station, I got the phone of a policewoman and used it to call one of the tailors to come and help.”

When two tailors arrived to bail them out, they were also arrested. A few hours later, she asked the officers to direct her to a clean bathroom to have her bath.

On her way out, she met the DPO, who asked her reason for being locked up.

He invited her into his office. “The DPO said he could make sure that I spent the rest of my life in jail, but I begged him. He then came close to me and started rubbing his hands all over my body but I rejected his advances.

He said my boss had told him that he could do whatever he wanted to do with me. He said since I was from Benin Republic, if he killed me, nothing would happen.

He said he would also make sure that the remaining five suspects would be sent to prison. At this point, the DPO had already taken off his clothes. Since I was afraid for my life, I allowed the DPO to have his way.

I begged him to use a condom, but he refused. He pushed me to a smaller room in his office and put me on the bed and had sex with me. Immediately after he had finished, he told me to shower in a bathroom inside his office.” she shares.

The mum of 2 reveals that she cried all through the night and paid N 30,000 even after the DPO said she will be released for free.

A clinical test reveals, “A complaint of sexual assault: General clinical condition satisfactory; no laceration, no bruises, no areas of hyperemia, negative for HIV 1 and 2, pregnancy negative. Has been placed on PEP and emergency contraception.”

The issue has been sent to the office of the Commissioner of Police.

1. Busarni

April 18, 2014 at 10:25 am

The matter is already dead on arrival; in Nigeria nothing surprises me anymore. Nis job scam, farouk lawal etc.

2. deb

April 18, 2014 at 11:04 am

OMG, we always wonder how people reason. Many are mad few are roaming.

3. mrs chidukane

April 18, 2014 at 11:07 am

I totally believe this story. These policemen are so barbaric and wicked. Very unprofessional. How will you also lock up people that came to bail people out?That’s how they locked up someone I brought to stand surety because they demanded some money from him and he refused to give them.

4. DJ STELCH

April 18, 2014 at 11:31 am

Yet Another One!! Could This Be Considered As Rape Since She Allowed Him Insert His USB cord into her USB Drive Willingly Out Of Fear!!

……………..
    ¤GROWN MAN IN A YOUNG BODY¤

• newbie

April 20, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Willingly? Did you read the story at all?

5. SmashingM

April 18, 2014 at 11:46 am

Wicked souls called police. their day of reckoning will come one after the other

6. @edDREAMZ

April 18, 2014 at 12:01 pm

20yrs sentence should not pass that man by.. What a wicked and heartless individual is that for God’s sake abeg….. May vengeance never pass him by….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Deedee

April 18, 2014 at 12:14 pm

God will surely pay the DPO back for his evil acts, my dear abeg try and do another HIV test after 3 months becoz the “raping bastard” could be infected and might be in his “window” period.

8. Bukky

April 18, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Hmmmn sigh!! The sad thing is that nothing will come out of this!

9. deerpark

April 18, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Many are mad, Many mad are roaming

10. onye Ara

April 18, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I have gotten largely immune to the manifestations or madness in this society of ours.
    However in this particular instance,I am greatly perturbed. BN, let us follow up this case to its logical conclusion . Provide us with updates on what the CP is doing about this case(put him on full blast if he pretends to exhibit espirit De corps with this diseased ram),let us arrange and pay for a shrink to treat this woman and any other way it is possible to prove to her and her two kids that real humans look out for each other and not violate them.
    This woman might be from Benin but she is a human and we must stand up for her.
    As for that diseased violator, the less said the better.

11. Bee

April 19, 2014 at 11:44 pm

So many wrongs, this started as civil matter, she slept overnight a work with a friend! How is that a criminal matter to warrant a police arrest!!! How can they get away with arresting people who came to pay bail? How dare that DPO act with such impunity? Every officer at that centre should be held accountable.

12. anon

April 22, 2014 at 4:22 pm

So many let us. But why does it have to be the responsibility of BN to co-ordinate?