News

Nigeria’s VP Namadi Sambo Loses Brother in Ghastly Motor Accident

Vice president's younger brother dies

Scene of the ghastly motor accident

Vice President of Nigeria, Namadi Sambo, lost his immediate younger brother Captain Yusuf Sabo Sambo, on Sunday in a ghastly motor accident that occurred on  Bill Clinton drive, Airport Road Abuja.

The deceased was reportedly on his way to the airport to catch a flight when the motor vehicle he was in, crashed into a tree and went up in flames.

Capt. Sambo was a pilot who worked with the Presidential Air Fleet and Nigerian Airways, before he retired. He was 58 years old, and is survived by 10 brothers and sisters, his wife, and three daughters.

He has been buried at Apo cemetary, Abuja according to Islamic rites.

Our condolences go out to his family and loved ones.

Photo Credit: The Herald

1. ady

April 28, 2014 at 2:05 am

May his soul find rest,amen…@ Bella there’s no such thing as junior brother,its younger brother,u can use d word junior wen ure refering to ur school mate or colleague….I stand to be corrected.

2. CarliforniaBawlar

April 28, 2014 at 2:47 am

Meh…..If I said I cared it would be a big fat lie….the government itself has desensitized us to the value of Nigerian human life…. Na so so big big number of peeps being killed everyday…God should sha comfort all Nigerian families loosing loved ones to a reckless system everyday… -_-

• Anon

April 28, 2014 at 10:19 am

Yes boss!

• MissBonnie

April 28, 2014 at 11:28 am

@CarliforniaBawlar you know thats someones husband, His children just lost their dad. Please be nice .

• CarliforniaBawlar

April 28, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Nor vex…I could have sworn I was being nice…I only extended my prayers to other Nigerian families…..

3. freeman chekwas

April 28, 2014 at 3:03 am

so sad may his soul rest in perfect peace…Amen

4. always happy

April 28, 2014 at 3:48 am

May his soul rest in peace…….

5. DJ STELCH

April 28, 2014 at 4:25 am

Awwwwww!! R.I.P Sir.. Too Bad!!

……………..
    ¤GROWN MAN IN A YOUNG BODY¤

6. Mandy

April 28, 2014 at 4:50 am

Lord Jesus please have mercy on his soul. Forgive him all his sins and accept him into heaven. My prayers are with his family.

7. Anyikwa chinonso

April 28, 2014 at 5:59 am

Nice one there….

8. Chidera

April 28, 2014 at 7:01 am

Oh no! Not again. Travellers are always speeding on dat road in a bid not to miss their flight. This is not the 1st time this has happened. May his soul RIP

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 28, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I was just reading the report and vividly remembering how I was on that same road myself a couple of months ago, also rushing to the airport for an early flight. 🙁 Could have been me too, if not for the Grace of God…

May God bring comfort to his family at this painful time.

9. clare

April 28, 2014 at 7:18 am

I saw the aftermath of this accident liv in Abuja. There is no way anyone would have survived it. It was soooo bad. I don’t know why people gamble with their lives unnecessarily. SPEED Kills. The car was burnt beyond recognition, it was impossible to tell what kind of car it was. That road claims so many lives daily. And it’s due to the incessant speed applied by users on that road. More accidents occur on very good roads than on bad roads. The FRSC Head showed me statistics of accidents in Abuja that occur as a result of speed. These are all caused by man, impatience, reckless ness. These accidents can be avoided. What’s the hurry for. Mahis soul rest in Peace and also give his family comfort at this trying time. PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY y’all.

10. Bade

April 28, 2014 at 7:32 am

Junior brother is grammatically incorrect, except in Nigeria.
    Junior and Senior refer to rank while younger and older refer to age.

• Temi Tope Adebayo

April 28, 2014 at 9:28 am

Bade: Instead of praying for the deceased, you are talking rubbish and nonsense….about junior, senior, younger and older. At least pray for the deceased.. That is common sense… The writer made a mistake and it is human.. But, opening your big mouth and correcting nonsense… While there is a human lost.. Be considerate.. At least for once. Sorry OOO if I offended you..but, sometimes it is good to tell the truth.!
      To: Mr. Sambo Yusuf May your soul rest in peace. My deepest sympathy to his wife and daughters and our VP and all relatives. May God the merciful welcome you to his eternal kingdom. Amine Ya Rabal Alamine!

• Chuck

April 28, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Praying for the deceased is your OPINION, Temi Tope. Why must you insult everyone who doesn’t do as you would like? His point about grammar helps more people than your cliched RIP that the family will never read.

• Idak

April 28, 2014 at 2:07 pm

On the same note, not all of us believe in praying for deceased persons. Some of us pray for survivors.
      On that note, my thoughts are with his family and loved ones as well as all those who have lost loved ones on that road in recent times. May God attend to their lacerated minds.

11. NAIJA SEX SToRIES

April 28, 2014 at 7:41 am

May his sould RIP

12. Splendid

April 28, 2014 at 7:56 am

May his soul rest in peace. My condolence to the family and his love ones

13. Splendid

April 28, 2014 at 7:58 am

Bella I think the statement should be immediate younger brother not immediate junior brother

14. charming

April 28, 2014 at 7:59 am

Junior or younger brother??

15. Stephanie

April 28, 2014 at 8:02 am

Rip, may God comfort the family

16. SmashingM

April 28, 2014 at 8:49 am

May his soul rest peace

17. Ismaila Adegbola

April 28, 2014 at 8:58 am

This is a sad news for all Nigerians including us in Diaspora. But God knows why it happened, and has the best reason. I pray the Almighty ALLAH give the family the courage to bear the irrepairable loss. MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE (AMEN)

18. Temi Tope Adebayo

April 28, 2014 at 9:30 am

RIP!

19. Omo1

April 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

BN, no details whatsoever on how and why the vehicle crashed into a tree? Sad news nonetheless.

20. Xristybabes

April 28, 2014 at 11:40 am

I sympathize with him and family but that’s also they way people felt the day they went for their rally in kano instead of sympathizing with nigerians

21. @edDREAMZ

April 28, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Only if money can buy live…. May his soul R.I.P……..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

22. Grace

April 28, 2014 at 1:06 pm

May his soul rest in peace….buh the way these big men drive on that road expecially when on convo is mad…

23. Tanaruno David

April 28, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Please accept my deepest condolences for your family’s loss.

24. Andrew

April 28, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I wasn’t there, but eye witness accounts say he tried to get himself out of the vehicle. If these so called eye witnesses actually saw him struggling to save his life from the burning vehicle, then how wise was it of them to “Watch Him”, up until he probably was suffocated by fumes.. No attempts were in any way made to save him… I think we Nigerians need to have a rethink on how we see life; particularly with regards to “man’s attitude to man”..

25. Nurudeen Bello

April 30, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Inlliahi Winaillehi rojuna
    What a pity. We sinpertacied for the lose of your brother Yusuf Sabo Sanbo. May almighty Allah make his soul RIP, and be with his family and all Muslim