News

Wole Ojo & Adesua Etomi Star in a New Short Film – ‘Brave’ by LowlaDee | Watch

Last week, we brought you the trailer to LowlaDee‘s new project, titled ‘Brave’ {Click here if you missed it}. The full feature has been released, and we’re pleased to bring it to our readers.

Check out a synopsis of the film:
BRAVE is an inspirational short film inspired (but not based) by a true story on page 88 of T.D Jakes ‘The Lady, Her Lover & Her Lord’. It is a heartfelt story based on the lives of a young couple, Nathan (Wole Ojo) and Layo (Adesua Etomi) who seem to have happiness, love and comfort. Though married for two years, Layo is beginning to worry about her failure in getting pregnant. When eventually she does get pregnant, she hides the news from Nathan, preparing to break the good news on their anniversary dinner outing in two days. Unfortunately, that night will mark the beginning of a nightmare both may not wake from, and suddenly, love is not enough.

Watch the film here:

For more information on the cast and crew visit www.braveshortfilm.com

1. faith

April 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I really hate the stigma that africans associate with disability..we really need to take into considerations and provide government sponsored programs /subsidized programs that will enhance their living and reduce caregiver burden. It just saddens me. Being disabled is not a death sentence. It can be managed.

2. faith

April 27, 2014 at 9:10 pm

This woman sef…how can you abandon your husband like that?

3. d'ramot

April 27, 2014 at 9:14 pm

i love Wole ojo n he knows

• Stephanie

April 27, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Yea…he does!
      blogsvila.blogspot.com

4. princess

April 27, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE

5. bukky

April 27, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I actually know someone who this happened to. He was involved in a car crash and got paralyzed waist down.He was engaged and the fiancee wanted to stay and go through with the wedding but he persuaded her to leave him.This happened over 15 years ago, dude is still single, still in a wheelchair, can barely use his hands, he hardly talks and now his speech is slurred. Sigh!Life sa.

• Sharon

April 27, 2014 at 10:15 pm

My dear it is a shame that he allowed his condition win. life happens and not everyone can handle certain unprecedented change. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself as it was never his making let him go out and socialize with his kind and live again.

• ijeoma

April 28, 2014 at 6:48 am

You want him to stop feeling sorry for himself, yet you want him to only socialize with his own ‘kind’. Do you see how that logic might be a problem?

6. Wow

April 27, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Nice movie. Gives me hope in my marriage

7. MissBodunrin

April 27, 2014 at 9:50 pm

“Love always comes at cost that only the brave can pay for…the power of love God has given us is so strong that it can tear down walls and flatten all mountains”

Love is such a beautiful thing and this short film portrays the ups and downs of love and how we must remain BRAVE through it all.

I must say that I did shed more than one tear and I am proud to say that lol. Well done to the producers, directors and the whole cast. Simply amazing x

8. ozyy

April 27, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Beautiful. May GOD give us the strength to conquer all of life’s obstacles no matter how hard they may be. Amen.

9. toollz

April 27, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Omg i cried! Such a powerful message, the cast did a great job at projecting the concept

10. beauty

April 27, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Lyk seriously

11. Superfly

April 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm

How can u pple be like this?ahaaa easy on the negativity. jeez!!can we just pick a mssg from it ist?i couldnt stop crying.my personal opinion?nice one!!love is truly not enough we need God’s grace to help us in all aspects of life.not just in marriage but also in our relationship with pple around us.

12. Bobby Emeka

April 27, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Wow wow was touched throughout. Wale ojo and adesue please will like to see more of you two in our screens. Now am broadcasting this movie to everyone I know.

• Jade

April 28, 2014 at 1:19 am

It’s Wole Ojo

13. SOLO ACT

April 27, 2014 at 10:54 pm

im sorry but if the roles where reversed, the man wud have left since!!! she tried by waiting 4 yrs. if a woman can not have a son men are encouraged to leave their wives talk less of wheelchair. ps if the first half was set in 2006 scandal wouldnt be on TV.

• bukky

April 28, 2014 at 3:12 am

They dropped the ball on that one!Scandal ke!

• Ms_singelnigerian

April 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

My thoughts exactly … LOL
      And surely that iPhone model wasn’t out in ’06 neither was Blackberry

• me

April 28, 2014 at 7:53 am

lol..glad someone else noticed that…fail!

• nike

April 28, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Well not everyone listens to their family/friends. There are guys that still stays. So that shouldnt be a yard stick for everyone in the society. Im sure other people would have told her to go.

14. Laide

April 27, 2014 at 11:14 pm

This got me emotional..and I pray to God to teach me how to truly love, no matter the situation.

15. Omolola

April 27, 2014 at 11:20 pm

His Grace is sufficient for us. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. These are not mere words! I was all teary, nice message.

16. Ndidi

April 27, 2014 at 11:28 pm

I cried like a baby. I love this

17. Rohi

April 27, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Mahn I couldn’t stop crying. Beautiful! Although the wife was annoying at some point but then again it can happen to the best of us. I’ve loved Wole Ojo since he was in that AMBO reality Tv show.

18. Vics

April 27, 2014 at 11:49 pm

So touching! But actually in some cases (and most times) the person might not be able to recover from the disability. It’s a painful and tough situation but love shouldn’t be conditional and like the woman said asking God to help us love our spouses right is indeed a necessary prayer. I also wish Nigeria will create a conducive environment for those with disability and stop d negativity. We need employment laws that does not discriminate against disability and even little things like reserved car parks for those in wheelchairs can go a long way to help.

• Tomi

April 28, 2014 at 7:38 am

It’s in nigeria that de don’t have it oo.

19. Abena

April 28, 2014 at 12:34 am

i am touched just couldnt stop crying. nice piece i love it .

20. jay

April 28, 2014 at 12:44 am

why didnt his family come to help out?they let his wife do it all and give up everything. what if he wasn’t married then? in situations like this, everyone should help and if they did his wife may not have left in the first place

• ozyy

April 28, 2014 at 1:16 am

He is an orphan, his sister moved in to help after his wife left.

21. Olori Tari

April 28, 2014 at 1:03 am

This is BRILLIANT. This is what they mean when they say “Love prevails”. Awesometastic story line and quotes. Had me drop tears a few times ! Some reality check right here….

Let me go and spread the good news of this short film ! Weldone LowlaDee and co.

22. Jade

April 28, 2014 at 1:20 am

He’s name is Wole Ojo… not Wale

23. Ivie

April 28, 2014 at 2:20 am

wow!!! Amazing story line….. Love conquers all….

24. Vivian

April 28, 2014 at 5:04 am

This piece was awesom-mazing!!! On a different note, I have fallen in love with Wole Ojo! Dayuuum!

25. Look book

April 28, 2014 at 6:56 am

I don’t like when people just start cutting onions on this blog damnit

26. Tomi

April 28, 2014 at 7:36 am

Wow!!! One thing tho!Thank God for a good mother and boss. They were there to constantly remind her. In life the ppl you look up to makes a lot of difference. A good mother agiid heart who understands nd knows what is right even when it doesn’t make you happy. Where there’s love, there’s life!!! God pls give me the Grace to love even in the hard times. Nice one

27. Ola

April 28, 2014 at 8:36 am

Still crying..

28. Jo!

April 28, 2014 at 9:22 am

Guys, if you have not been in that situation, you can never NEVER tell what you will do, so please get off your sanctimonious seats and… oh never mind

29. Jo!

April 28, 2014 at 9:48 am

FYI BN, these links/ads on the right of your page, common sense says when I click, it should open in a new tab, not interrupt my video #justsaying

30. Kiks

April 28, 2014 at 9:50 am

i am 19, never had a boyfriend talkless of falling in love but honestly this piece has taught me about true love. not the kind of love we as teens tend to have mainly because of the abs or the hips.
    lessons for my future
    Nice movie

31. LOLLY

April 28, 2014 at 9:50 am

@bukky and @me ahaan! she could have been watching scandal on her laptop na or dvd! duhh NICE ONE

32. Zainab

April 28, 2014 at 9:51 am

The scandal they could be referring to May be the scandal on South African TV

33. truetalk

April 28, 2014 at 10:55 am

simply breathtaking

34. Luqman

April 28, 2014 at 11:47 am

I have been trying to recollect the place i had seen the dark-skinned girl in the 3rd scene.
    She resemble the girl in the Orijin with Seyi Law.

Nice one!

35. Esther . E

April 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Very touching

36. Amara

April 28, 2014 at 1:45 pm

@ Solo Act…My father is a Nigerian man, my mother was ill and confined to a wheelchair and he stuck with her as her health degenerated till death! He wouldn’t get a nurse or let us (adult children help) he did the bathroom runs etc all by himself… I don”t even want to talk about how much money went down the drain, even when the doctors said there was no point, he kept spending all he had to keep her comfortable…That is what a marriage is, we don”t see the future but I hope i can find someone who will stick with me when “shit hits the fan”…And I hope I can stick with someone that way, defects and all…otherwise, it makes no sense

37. Richmanswife

April 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Not easily broken Nigerian Version

38. pipi

April 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm

after watching this movie and ur are dating, ask yourself if this was to happen will i still stay with boo, if the answer is no please dont bother getting married to le boo

39. Babe

April 28, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Lord teach me to love..in the 1 Corinthians 13 way! This piece really made me cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I’ve been struggling so much with love, this piece just revealed that I am not near there yet…God help us all.

40. LOLS

April 28, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Gosh! I cried all through… Brilliant piece! Kudos to the entire cast and crew.

41. Asabe

April 28, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Nice one.

42. Toni

April 28, 2014 at 11:32 pm

This just gave me hope…indeed where there is love everything is possible

43. T'shwb

April 29, 2014 at 12:54 am

Turned me into a blubbering mess it did! I was crying hot tears. Its a good movie with a profound message.
    That said; Wole Ojo reminds me of Denzel Washington and I’m impressed to note that Adesuwa Etomi is the lovely girl I used to see at Church and gist with. Haven’t seen her in a while. She’s so down to earth and friendly. I wish them both the very best and would love to see them more.

44. www.graciemama.com

April 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

This is by far the most realistic love film I have ever watched. kudos to Lowladee.

45. Wamide

April 29, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Beautiful piece..I cried even though I watched this at the office…@lowladee(Dolapo)..this is a great one. I went on to pray to God to help me love my husband unconditionally…and I pray to love others unconditionally too..Love isn’t just about marriage.

46. monisola

April 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm

i just fell in love with wole ojo

47. valerie

April 29, 2014 at 8:41 pm

omg best movie ever. deserves an award, don’t have one bad thing to say about the movie. AWESOME

48. Lima

April 29, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I read somewhere that “Love is Verb”. It is not a feeling or a thing, it is an act. This movie portrays love for what it is; a conscious effort to be or do something. Nice!

49. Jay Joan

April 30, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Oh Jesus! it’s really touching! emotional! it’s good to fall in Love. Thump up! I love this, i will watch it a million times…. Great!!!

50. Dee

April 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Amazing story

51. TEO

May 27, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Nice story, the message delivered within a short time. My hero is the wife’s mother; but for her the wife would’ve gone astray. Isn’t love meant to be for better for worse? Let’s I forget there is ability in disability, so life goes on.

52. OLAWALE

September 2, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Good plot, nice dialogue, wonderful characters….that actually ‘wore’ the script! The only issue is the lighting scene between the mother and layo. the scene also didn’t have good cinematography. But overall, the movie is more of a ‘ministration’…it will be evergreen in my mind!

53. adira nillI

February 4, 2019 at 6:56 pm

soundtrack of brave.anyone please?