News

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock – The Pointy Toe Stiletto Pump | Awed by Monica

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014001Hey Spring lovers! Welcome to the fourth edition of the Spring Must-Haves for 2014 by Monica Awe-Etuk of Awed by Monica. For the past three weeks we ave been highlighting some of the most important trends, and how you can make them your own by incorporating them into your everyday style.

For the first edition we took a coloruful look at Spring’s must-have 2014 Colour Trends {Click here if you missed it}; then we took a look at the all-the-way stylish Midi Skirt {Click here if you missed it} . Last week we looked at the ever-playful and pretty Florals that make Spring so worth it {Click here if you missed it}. And today, we are going all the way down to our pretty little feet with the pointy toe stiletto Pump! Enjoy.

Fourth Edition: The Pointy Toe Stiletto Pump
I was ecstatic when platforms made a comeback about 9 years ago, then 5 years later they were the ultimate shoes to have. Every designer had an amazing sexy pair of super high shoes. Some were uncomfortable, but easier to walk in with the support of the platform at the front of the heel.

However, in the last year or so, we have gradually seen the demise of the platform and the return of the ever so classic pointy toe stiletto pump. This stiletto is that shoe that never really goes out of style but always lingers in the background. Beside them squeezing your toes (then again beauty is pain) they are truly the shoes to have. The stiletto heel dates back to the 19th century and have been recreated by numerous designers over the years. Valentino, Prada, Gucci, Christian Louboutin have all given their platforms styles the backseat and placed the focus on this classic.

Agatha of Irony of Ashi is an absolutely stunning Style blogger. Here she is in green stiletto bow pumps.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014002

The reason why I believe this is such an important trend for Spring is because even with the warmer weather coming in we are seeing more and more stilettos at store fronts of all the major retail stores. Its silhouette has proven to be timeless and for this Spring season we are seeing it in every major spring color like green, yellow, white and blue!

White pumps are a dare because they have the tendency to get dirty fast, however they make any outfit look ultra chic.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014003

Spikes add a modern edge to the classic blue pump. Check out this uber chic pump with studs. Loubs of course!

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014004

Regardless of the material, yellow shoes are perfect for the season and better on pumps!

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014005

The pointy- toe is also being featured in various prints and fabrics like floral prints and lace fabrics; truly highlighting Spring 2014 trends.

My blue lace print pumps are my favorite, they always add a little extra to an outfit!

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014006

Floral pumps scream spring ready.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014007

In most shoes styles, the higher the heel the sexier the shoe. However, the pointy-toe pump is the exception. Due to its slim silhouette, this shoe has proven to be sexy regardless of its height.

In only a 3.5 heel height, these pumps still manage to remain sexy and spice up this outfit.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014008

Here’s an up close look at the fab shoes!

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 2014009

Alongside the midi skirt, this trend celebrates femininity, eliminating the bulkiness of the platform and replacing it with a slimmer, more delicate form. The pump also has the ability to elongate your legs making it a great option for shorter women. Tall or short, the pointy- toe pump has created a presences this season and in order to fully be on trend, grab a pair at your shopping destination of choice because every store  and brand is loving it.

More looks featuring this sought after trend!

Elizabeth Kneene from a AkneeneSenseofstyle.com adds a pop of color to her look with green pumps.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 20140010

Ranti from Ranti-in-Review is Spring ready in yellow pumps and a floral jacket.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 20140011

Hallie form Halliedaily.com looks taller and trend ready in this detailed pumps and midi skirt.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 20140012

Ms Sole from lovelifepearls.com using nude pumps to make this seemingly causal outfit chic.

Spring 2014 Trends to Rock by Awed by Monica - BellaNaija - April 20140013

What do you prefer? Pointy toe pumps or platforms? And how will you rock them this season? floral, lace or color!?

Stay tuned for our last final episode. What do you think the last trend would be?

Photo Credits: http://awedbymonica.blogspot.com | http://fashionbombdaily.com | http://lovelifepearls.com | http://ironyofashi.com | http://ranti-in-review.com | http://akneensenseofstyle.com | http://netaporter.com | http://halliedaily.com

_______________________________________________________________________________
Monica is a fashion enthusiast who owns a fashion and style blog called www.awedbymonica.blogspot.com, loves to inspire her followers on how to create effortlessly chic looks and has 15 years worth of fashion knowledge and experience from her work in the high-end fashion industry. For more information on her, visit her blog, email her at [email protected] or Like find her on Facebook.

1. Stephanie

April 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Awww…love the “net” skirt and the poka dot shoes!
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

2. stefini

April 24, 2014 at 4:05 pm

nice collections ,but i have eyes for just one,the midi skirt combo for hallie form,simple stunning.http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Spring-2014-Trends-to-Rock-by-Awed-by-Monica-BellaNaija-April-20140012-400×600.jpg

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 24, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Yeah, I’m a total sucker for a midi-skirt as well… Love the color and length of Hallie’s.

3. Mz Socially Awkward....

April 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Interesting to know pointy toed pumps are now the rave again. However, they’ve always been a classic choice of footwear, as they inevitably bring that elegance which I honestly never find in round toed pumps (unless it’s more of an oval-toed pump, with the ability to show some toe cleavage).

I definitely gravitate towards buying more pointy-toed shoes than any other kind especially since I have fat calves and live by the cardinal rule of wearing only shoes which elongate my legs. Even if they’re flat ballet pumps.

• jcsgrl

April 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Chai you’re lucky I shall love the pointed toes and leave them. I inherited some ukwu mbasa (wide wider widest feet) from my grandmother wey no dey gree me wear fine shoe. I can’t even wear shoes without platform. I shall live vicariously through you all.

• Mx Socially Awkward...

April 25, 2014 at 12:19 am

Babe, you want to see ukwu mbasa? I wear a US 12, UK9, Euro 43. My shoes look like miniature canoes but I can only thank the Good Lord that organisations like ALDO, Next, Nine West, Ralph Lauren, Sam Edelman, etc. exist to let me keep hoping in beautiful footwear for big feet.

And I just discovered a website called LaDeroute (not sure I spelled that properly) which apparently stocks other brand names for women’s shoes in big sizes. Once I’ve sorted my holidays and other necessaries out, I shall investigate in more detail with my small remaining change 😀

• Que

April 25, 2014 at 3:15 pm

When I see stats like this, I take a back seat frm complaining bout my feet….. I got wide size 41, us 10.5

• Mz Socially Awkward....

April 25, 2014 at 11:55 pm

@Que, and you know how they say the size of women’s feet increases when they’re pregnant and the feet never go back to their original size, right? So now you’re a UK41/US10.5, which means that you’re looking at say maybe a jump to a UK42/US11.5, abi?

Me nko? How I wan take wear shoe when that time reach?? May God remain my constant source of hope.

Oh, and @jcsgirl, ignore that Laredoute gist I gave above. Finally went there and nothing dey happen…

4. Que

April 24, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Oooooo I just got excited all over again bout my recently ordered multicolour pointees, eagerly awaiting d delivery….infact make I go luk d picture again….yesss!!

5. Muse

April 24, 2014 at 6:10 pm

did the pointy shoes ever go out of style??

• Angel

April 24, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Abi oo, I was wondering same, it’s always been in fashion, I think it depends on individual’s style, as for me, when it comes to shoes it just has to be pointy unless it’s sandals or flats..

6. Naija Babe

April 24, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Ms. Sole’s outfit though! F-I-R-E!

7. mary

April 25, 2014 at 2:05 am

I love irony of ashi though! been stalking her blog like foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. www.ANEMISTYLE.com

April 25, 2014 at 12:19 pm

A lot of people might disagree with me and it is ok, though I love the pointy toe stiletto they have the tendency to date quite quickly. I’d rather invest in oval toed pumps kinda like the Kate Middleton classic those shoes will ALWAYS be in style.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 25, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I think it greatly depends on the “aggressiveness” of the pointy toe… If that makes sense. I’ve willing relinquished a few pointy-toed shoes which seemed like a good buy back them but on later analysis just seemed really antiquated and not in a good way. Some others, however, and regardless of the years since purchase, were crafted with that touch of femininity and class which just makes them timeless.

Oya, all this talk about shoes is really stirring up the sudden urge to go and visit a few online shops… They better have size 9s available.

• www.ANEMISTYLE.com

April 27, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Haha me too! Why do women love shoes so much *puzzled*

9. Dinky

April 25, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I only see beautiful shoes ….oooooffff! forgive me, but I am a shoe freak. Haaa! shoes of life!! i want them allll!!!

10. Auntie Christina

May 2, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I lovee the cropped top and skirt! I also just picked up floral pumps.

justmissedtherunway.com