News

❤ So Adorable! Nike Oshinowo Introduces Her Twins on Hello! Nigeria

Nike Oshinowo for Hello! Magazine - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com

Here they are!!

In October 2013 , BN was first to exclusively report that ex-Miss Nigeria Nike Oshinowo welcomed twins – a boy and a girl, via a gestational surrogate in the United States of America – read it here.

The 48 year old kept a low profile ever since the delivery. She is regarded as a model, fitness expert, socialite, business woman, ambassador and entrepreneur, but her new title which she absolutely loves, is mother.

In an exclusive heart warming interview with Hello! Nigeria, conducted by Latasha Ngwube,  she introduces her bundles of joy and speaks on details about their birth.

Read Excerpts from the interview;
On keeping them away from the spotlight;
“This is the only interview I’m going to give about it because my children didn’t choose to come into this world or choose to be famous that way. I’m the one who’s famous. My children are not famous. I’m hoping they’re going to be able to live very normal lives.”

On endometriosis
“I’m not supposed to be able to have children. I have endometriosis. I didn’t decide it was time, God decided it was time.”

On having children at 48
“I think one thing you should know with me is that I’ll tell you the truth. If you dare to ask a question, I will answer. The answer might freak you out, but I will answer you as honestly as I can. It can happen to anyone, I’m not special. I’m very close to my creator, and to be close to your creator, you don’t have to go to church or to any special pastor, you just form a one on one relationship with your God.

I was out of my marriage, and I was lying in bed, talking to my God “Okay, so, here I am, is this what you want for me? Please tell me the next step. What am I supposed to do now?” and I fell asleep. As I slept, I felt a tug on the bedding and I open my eyes…

I’m saying you have a choice to choose. I chose to have my children look like the rest of my family. I chose to have my children look like my cousins, the children of my sister, the children of my brother – all the same colour. I did what I needed to do to make that happen. My children bear Oshinowo. It’s a very good surname to have!”

On her ex husband
“The attraction to Dr. Tunde Soleye was his mind. He had and still has amazing mind. I can’t really explain it, but I’m not a highly sexual person and I’ve never been able to be. If you are not, you have to be able to be attracted by other things and he has a phenomenal mind.

Don’t forget I wasn’t 18 or 20 or even twenty-five at the time. I was forty! But I have to say I was very much in love. Was I…guided? More by my heart than my head. Isn’t that nice to be sometimes? Am I embarrassed by that? No. Do I regret it? I don’t. I’m very grateful to have experienced it. It doesn’t happen that often. Would I do it again? Probably not in such a hurry. It took 7 years for me to agree to date him. When I say I wouldn’t do it again in a hurry, I meant I wouldn’t rush into another marriage in a hurry because all the love in the world is still not enough to sustain a marriage. There are other key components.”

She also speaks on how she dealt with the pregnancy, the delivery process, their beautiful names, details about the paternity, and more about the future plans.

Inside the issue, you’ll also get to see more captivating photo shoots in her home and exclusive photos of her gorgeous twins.

You also get to read on Hollywood-Nigerian actor Hakeem Kae Kazim, Ene Maya Lawani talks business and love, designer Oscar de la Renta and exclusive photos from Florence Ita Giwa‘s birthday bash

1. SOSO

May 5, 2014 at 11:15 am

wow I am soooo happy for her

2. ENIOLA

May 5, 2014 at 11:21 am

They are so adorable… I love Nike, she’s indeed a strong woman. Bless her

3. Gen

May 5, 2014 at 11:26 am

Her face looks weird. Why are her babies white? Why didn’t she adopt from Naija?

• Thatgidigirl

May 5, 2014 at 11:46 am

She didn’t adopt silly! And how does her face look weird? the woman is 48 and can pass for 35 pls sit down!

• truth

May 5, 2014 at 12:39 pm

No be only 35, 18 nko… You can love her, but you can’t wish away that very obvious plastic surgery!

• humm

May 6, 2014 at 3:25 am

Its called face lift, my dear.People tend to look weird with facial paralysis like outcome.

• C

May 6, 2014 at 8:56 am

If at all she adopted the children, what makes you think that a black most adopt black child or children?
      Let me see your own face!

• anonymous

May 6, 2014 at 6:22 pm

You are a very stupid, narrow minded and bitter person can’t you be happy for another person its obvious you are a low life and lack class who even gave you internet most of you just come on here and judge ppl cos nobody knows who you are. Your little brain obviously cannot comprehend such selflessness

4. Amh

May 5, 2014 at 11:27 am

Beautiful. It seems the kids are a bit biracial or just fairskinned. Congrats miss oshinowo

5. pynk

May 5, 2014 at 11:28 am

Didnt she deny it prior? I am happy for her. SURROGACY isnt a crime I dont think anyone ever condemned it. She sounds defensive.

6. truth

May 5, 2014 at 11:28 am

Adorable kids.

7. Dee

May 5, 2014 at 11:32 am

They are so adorable! I love that she’s so open about it unlike other women who pretend they were pregnant and even go around giving testimony . It’s not something one should hide, a child is always a gift from God.

8. Ada Nnewi

May 5, 2014 at 11:36 am

Her Joy is contagious! I wish her a beautiful journey on the path of motherhood!

9. Non professional opinion

May 5, 2014 at 11:44 am

Congratulations! Beautiful children…..
    But I’m confused. I thought she had the kids through a surrogate, so what pregnancy and delivery was she dealing with? Also are all her siblings children mixed race, because these children look mixed race to me.
    Something about this picture screams “Mommy Dearest” to me, but The Lord works in mysterious ways and maybe these children will be the cure for a lifetime of acute narcissism.

• Blossom Ivy

May 5, 2014 at 12:27 pm

‘..lifetime of acute narcissism’?. LMAO! DEAD!

• baboushka

May 5, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I am assuming she probably meant that she was their for the surrogate mother during the pregnancy and delivery

• StephBiefeld

May 5, 2014 at 2:08 pm

What she meant was :She was with the surrogate mother during the pregnancy and delivery of the baby. It’s pretty common for women to stay with the surrogate mother having a child for them.

• i no send

May 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm

lol..biracial surrogacy..nice one

• humm

May 6, 2014 at 3:28 am

Translation, it is her egg with with a sperm donor that is carried by another woman . Period.

10. Busarni

May 5, 2014 at 11:49 am

Just love this lady, you can be unmarried and still happy. But no, Nigerians treat marriage like it is an achievement. Oya voltrons, i am waiting.

• wen

May 5, 2014 at 12:15 pm

true…but not on this side of the world…you dont marry,you are not accepted into their ‘responsible clique’

11. Fashionista

May 5, 2014 at 12:23 pm

“All the love in the world is still not enough to sustain a marriage” – Truer words have never been spoken.

12. Thelma

May 5, 2014 at 12:26 pm

She’s a beautiful woman, but that makeup artiste no try. she practically drew a line with the contour brush.. no blending whatsoever.

13. nene

May 5, 2014 at 12:36 pm

this nonsense woman. the kids are obviously mixed race, i doubt there are many black men donating sperms, and knowing nike oshinowo, she is fake and very insecure, so she probably also wants mixed race children. i pity those kids, anyway she’ll be old by the time they grow up.

• Mckay

May 5, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Ahhh nene, After reading some of your comments in other posts i’m wondering if there’s something wrong today? For someone with enough sense and maturity, your reply today is not called for whatever and whoever she is. Do you know her well enough to call her fake and insecure? Would you like to be called that or worse by people who don’t know you nor understand your background?
      Nene, I will not let you try to sadden my Blessed day and being happy for someone who has lovely babies, mixed race, white or black!!!! The last I checked, It’s her choice!!!

• faith

May 5, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Well said Mckay. Some people just spew poison and bitterness out of their mouth. Extremely ugly ms or mrs Nene.

• Curious

May 6, 2014 at 4:19 am

OMG! Your comments on this site are always laced with bitterness and rancor. Ah ah! Kilode? Are you ever happy? Or is this how you carry on daily? I feel really bad for those who have to encounter this your special brand of acidity in real life. Na real wa!

• mulikat

May 20, 2014 at 2:38 pm

She is not old at 48 to be happy with twins,come to western world u will see men or women over 60yrs having children,i was 41 when i have my twins also,and mix race very cute,no problem with storong nappy hair,very fine hair and colour,many black men and woman want dieing for lighter skin go and buy creamsmlater end up with skin cancer.but mix children have the best colour on earth + nice soft hair not nappy hair koko hair.

• panda

May 7, 2015 at 1:52 pm

urrgh! this is so full of hate, nappy hair? nice soft hair? oh my word! i pray your offspring are not influenced by such narrow ideals of beauty

• Realist

August 5, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Being so judge mental eh? And what if she is old when they grow up? Is she asking you to care for them for her? May you suffer to have children till Ur early to mid forties (if you don’t already have any) then you’ll understand that most women do it not by choice.
      You are so so sick

14. truth

May 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Lovely kids… But those cheek implants though

15. Hafsat King

May 5, 2014 at 1:02 pm

@ that bidi girl., 35? Nope, more like 25, 27.

16. @edDREAMZ

May 5, 2014 at 1:17 pm

They are so so adorable but i dont like this lady a bit…..
    >>>BringBackOurGirls<<<
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

17. baboushka

May 5, 2014 at 1:56 pm

“I chose to have my children look like the rest of my family. I chose to have my children look like my cousins, the children of my sister, the children of my brother – all the same colour. I did what I needed to do to make that happen.”

Ok this statement bothers me so much! Why would you want your children to look like other people’s children?All the same these cutie patooties are too adorable!!! Please do not make them do everything else their cousins do they already have their colour that is enough.

• Ada

May 6, 2014 at 4:44 am

Men, you said it, she sounds unintelligent, and indeed, those statements are bothersome.
      Insecurity…..at this rate, black colored folks will be eradicated from planet earth.

18. sum1special

May 5, 2014 at 2:07 pm

So these kids grow up and then you tell them they have no father, because he is an anonymous donor…or thats not the case?well i hope not. Woman it is not right.you want to bring kids into the world and mess up their minds.

• jojo

May 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I would rather have kids with an anonymous donor than with a deadbeat, abusive or absentee father.

• Shadie

May 5, 2014 at 9:46 pm

@Jojo gbam,gbamer, Gbamest!!!. Tell them.

• Marvel

May 5, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Someone is introducing her babies, another is interested if she’s had Botox. Truly simple mind.

• Iris

May 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm

And I suppose it is better to have kids with the kind of man who wakes up one day and leaves or is an alcoholic or is abusive. “Behold your father, but fret not child. At least you have a father.” ABEGI

• Curious

May 6, 2014 at 4:25 am

Here they come. The “If Its Not Traditional It Must Be Wrong Brigade”. You know y’all never disappoint. Even you come late sef, I been dey expect you for beginning side. Na una dey follow perpetuate unhappiness and extreme pretense for this our society. But what does it matter to all y’all if someone else is unhappy…as long as y’all are forcing your antiquated ideologies down people’s throats, y’all are good. SMH!

• mulikat

May 20, 2014 at 2:44 pm

is her ege but carry by another woman since she is not possible.

19. Idak

May 5, 2014 at 2:20 pm

This narcissistic woman and her severely botoxed face thrives on unearned attention.
    She does not want to draw attention to her kids yet she did her cover shoot with them?
    I have genuine pity for these lovely kids.

20. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

May 5, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Gorgeous babies. She made very wise decision. Nothing compares to being a mother….

21. Love me Love me

May 5, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Lovely children

22. Dr. N

May 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm

She gets a pass for the endometriosis. It aint a funny condition. Ask d sufferers. If she’s remained in d public eye with it, I give her a thumbs up. drnsmusings.wordpress.com

23. Amh

May 5, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Nene you are obviously very dumb. You know you can only read about her in magazine cuz she does not move in your low life circle. Why say rude things about her when you dont even know her. Anyway its a free world thanks to internet, if not , why would the pigeon want to mix with the hen?

24. Anonymous

May 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Plastic surgery gone wrong smh

25. Dunai

May 5, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I’m happy for her.is neva too late with God,is Jehovah overdo!

26. Angel

May 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Bless their hearts, they are so cute. Am so happy for Nike, when life gives u lemon, make chocolate cakes.. Just live, it’s ur life, u owe nobody no explanation, as long as u are happy. So Nike I wish u everything good that comes with motherhood, enjoy dear…..

27. ScarletXianne

May 5, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Beautiful babies! I am happy for her…however she chose to have the babies or make them look. I just have to say one more thing…whatever she did to her face gives her funny facial expressions. I know she is smiling in these pictures but…..

28. Angel

May 5, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Bless their hearts, they are so cute. Am really happy for Nike, when life gives u lemons, make chocolate cakes, just live.. it’s ur life, u owe nobody no explanation, do what makes u happy. I wish Nike everything good that comes with motherhood, enjoy dear…(Ignore “haters”, peeps always talk, whether u be good or bad, but their opinion don’t matter)

29. serious truth

May 5, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I can met her a few times and at some point, she called by my name and asked, how old I you? She screamed when I tod her, she said to me, go lose weight.we had a good laugh n chatted for over an hour. She has a good soul and depth, God bless you n ur adorables

30. Curious

May 6, 2014 at 4:27 am

Congrats Nike! Ignore these thirsty haters! Enjoy your life and your babies, they are tots adorable!

31. Hausa Girl in Texas

May 6, 2014 at 8:43 am

@Nene and @Truth it’s about time you shut the stinking gutters you call mouths.
    It’s her eggs, it’s her kids, does it matter if her sperm donor is from Birini Kebbi, or France. Learn to enjoy the “Results” which are these Beautiful Bundle of Blessings. So focused on the melanin and skin tone, that the stupid ones miss out on the REALITY and JOY of every blessing.
    #Hurt People ALWAYS find a way to hurt others#

• mulikat

May 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Thank u,is her egg,they are many women have children and dont know who is the father,but Nike knows the father,she just keep it for her self,when they child get older,they will know ,other part of them,thank God they come from western world,not mix with people with black mind and thinking like 2000yrs backward.

32. Naveah

May 6, 2014 at 4:04 pm

WELCOME TO THE TWIN MOTHER’S CLUB, NIKE WHERE WE HAVE DOUBLE THE FUN:) All the people who have nothing nice to say, na wa for una o!!! No matter how you feel about somebody, there are some things that call for you to put that ish behind you and one of those things are babies! Even if you feel she is a narcissistic social climbing wench but you fit still congratulate the woman for what God has done in her life. She has received a gift that many cry at night for daily because they can’t be mothers naturally and they don’t have the money to pursue other avenues like she got to do with surrogacy. Ol boy, na wa o. Please be happy for somebody so that God can bless you and others will be happy for you as well. Wetin plastic surgery, botox or her old ass ex-husband have to do with these gorgeous babies?

33. The Review Center

May 6, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Wow congrats madam. I am so happy for her. At last.

34. mulikat

May 20, 2014 at 2:51 pm

animals do u know what is call endometriosis.,so if u know u wont write nonese about Nike giving her egg to another woman to carry for her,this way is better than Adopoting a child.cos may later will tell u ,on to ur face that u are not thier mother and later look for their mother or father that give them out when they are born.

35. Amy

July 2, 2014 at 11:15 pm

i have admired this woman so much her skin beauty etc.face lift watever lift she has the money the class most of all an A list persona.no mind cocroaches from tutsi wey enter internet. May God bless motherhood

36. Theresa Doghor

November 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

Adorable babies
    Keep being guided by God
    and enjoy motherhood, it is an experience.

37. agbomma

February 24, 2015 at 10:45 am

congrats nike.they will grow in gods strength and grace.you are a woman of great courage.god bless u and ur new family.