Veteran Nigerian singer, actress and the Director General of National Centre For Women Development, Onyeka Onwenu was invited by Channels TV to speak on the abducted 200+ Chibok girls.
Onyeka defends First Lady Patience Jonathan, while speaking out on criticism from the media.
She tells the news reporters “If protesters came to the First Lady, she would have led protests.”
Other quotes from the interview includes;
- There should be no name calling at this stage. No government is perfect…this is the time to come together
- This is going to help the country streamline security operations, information gathering
- Mistakes were made by Federal, Borno State, local governments
- The principal’s list had names of 60-year old students
- I have never met anyone as down to Earth as the First Lady…She has a wonderful heart…We ought to thank her
- Nigeria cannot afford a second civil war