News

2 Nigerians Makes Forbes Richest Kings in Africa List

BellaNaija.com

Oba Okunade Sijuwade II
Nigeria’s most wealthiest are on the map this June, thanks to Forbes.

After revealing that oil mogul Femi Otedola made $398 million in 90 days – read it here, Forbes is now profiling the richest kings in Africa, in which two Nigerians are listed.

Check it out!

Source: Investments

Otumfuo Osei Tutu II - June 2014 - BellaNaija,com
Otumfuo Osei Tuto II
Country: Ashanti, Ghana
Estimated Net Worth: $10 Million
Source: Mining Equipment, Property, Jewelry

To read their profiles, click here

1. Idak

June 3, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Forbes and these infantile lists of theirs.
    Wish we could just ignore them and their silly lists.
    They will soon compile a list of the richest house boys in Africa.

2. Concerned US Citizen

June 3, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Okay I hear ya! With all these records, All I care about is how to help the poor masses in Africa. Especially in Nigeria. We leave in poverty and yet we hear quick to listing all the richest dude in Africa. My dear Bella, its all about giving back. That these men and women are rich today is the collective effort of both higher, middle and lower class in the world. ‘
    Okay, no hard feelings towards the rich but I still dont’ understand why they can’t atleast help alleviate poverty in Africa We are oil rich country but yet security, electricity, empoloyment are ” who know what?” Foreigners are scared to invest in africa due to mistrust, corruption just to mention. I weep bittertly for the education of our children in Nigeria. How can these children lead Nigerian forward if the education system is zero. I guess thats is the more reason all these old politicians in Naija kept coming back fighting each other for power. When will my Nigeria be Nigeria? When will my Motherland care for his children? When will hate, killing, corruption,embezelling, dog eat dog end? Only the Almighty will answer these questions.
    I have children just like any other mother. Am still hopeful that God will one day Cleanse this country from all these bad eggs so that we as a nigerian would find peace again.

3. Concerned US Citizen

June 3, 2014 at 10:54 pm

For those who care about my errors. I appologize for the typos. Was in a hurry to get my message out from my brain. 🙂

4. NNENNE

June 4, 2014 at 1:48 am

And the people that have oil in their back yard get nothing but pollution!
    No wonder people are opposed to dividing Nigeria.

• Warri Boy

June 4, 2014 at 8:27 am

I tire o… Yoruba and hausa have taken over our oil. Us wey get the oil cannot boast of one billionaire whose source of fortune is OIL.. Yet yorubas and Hausas are having fortune in OIL… After yoruba we have mouth to insult the president when they are the one looting our resources dry

• mrs chidukane

June 4, 2014 at 1:45 pm

As in,you took the words from my mouth. The Niger Deltans and other producing areas have nothing to show for it while Otedola and co,yorubas and hausas are feeding fat from the oil.

• Concerned Nigerian teen

June 30, 2014 at 11:34 am

I think you Niger deltans and all your people from the south south shouldn’t complain. As much as the oil sector is being conquered and ruled by Yorubas and Hausas, our business sectors are being conquered by the igbos and Niger deltans. Each tribe has their own area of concentration and means of livelihood. Not everyone can be in the oil sector or business sector because its not possible. There needs to be diversity in the economy. Concentrating on one sector is bad for any nation, diversity is a necessity. And if you believe that because the oil comes from your side you need to have investments in it then fine, go ahead. We all know that you’ve got wealthy people who have enough resources to invest in the sector so talk to them and tell them to. After that, lets all see what becomes of the Nigerian economy when all we concentrate on is oil.

5. Chimamanda's Main Squeeze

June 4, 2014 at 2:44 am

See Sijuwade with Abacha’s picture on the wall… Oil well tinzzzz

• B

June 4, 2014 at 9:51 am

First thing i thought, but look closely its not Abacha

6. teetoh

June 4, 2014 at 2:59 am

I don’t understand what this does for poor Nigerians though. I absolutely get so annoyed when I hear people go on about other rich people in Nigeria and how they are worth this and that and yet so many are living in property. Good for them theta they are rich, but can’t help that a country so rich in natural resources has such a high population of its people living below the poverty line-shame!

7. Sani Mohammed

June 4, 2014 at 8:49 am

That is not abaca in the picture behind sijuwade, why don’t you look properly, the picture is that of my uncle, themilitary administrator of the old oyo state at that time in the late 80s, u no dey see governor and president picture for people office.