News

E!’s Giuliana & Bill Rancic devastated over Surrogate’s Miscarriage

Giuliana Rancic, Bill Rancic, Duke Rancic - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com
What? Say it ain’t so.

One of TV’s most loved couples Giuliana and Bill Rancic are saddened by the loss of their second unborn child.

If you are an ardent fan of pop culture, you’ll know that the E! News/Fashion Police co-host and her hubby have had a tough time with having children.

Through the help of a surrogate – Delphine, who has appeared on their reality TV show, they welcomed baby Duke in August 2012.

The Surrogate

Delphine – The Surrogate

In an interview with People Magazine, Bill reveals a sad tale. “This whole season on Giuliana and Bill we’ve been trying to have another baby.

Unfortunately our surrogate Delphine who we love very much had a miscarriage. It’s something that we didn’t see coming.

We were devastated.

She was about nine weeks pregnant. We were pretty close to getting into the safe zone.

We experienced a miscarriage years ago when we were trying with Giuliana, so we had been keeping the pregnancy news tight to the vest.” he said.

On not giving up:
“We’re fighters. Hopefully we’re going to have good news and Delphine will be on board one more time. We’ve had to battle it out and that’s something that we’re going to continue to do.”

During one of her consultations with the doctor, Giuliana was asked to test for cancer to see if it was the reason she couldn’t conceive. The results came out that she had breast cancer.

She calls Duke her miracle baby, saying if she wasn’t trying to have a child, she’ll probably have found out about the cancer at a malignant stage.

1. YeahIsaidIt

June 2, 2014 at 3:44 pm

It is a blessing because Giuliana is the most USELESS mother i know. She loves entertainment more that child.

Bill is 100 percent hands on dad. Giuliana on the other hand if you watch their reality show has no maternal instinct no an ounce of connection to the child. She doesnt even know how to hold the child. Watch the show and see for yourself.

I cannot stand her. When she was going thru fertility problems i felt for her a lot and then on top of that that cancer scare, I even prayed for her every night, Cos i felt her pain, and then finally God blessed her with a surrogate and the baby came and Gbam 2 weeks later she wasback on TV. I was highly disgusted . because you can tell the public eye is what she loves more than raising a family. How bill is with her beats my mind, cos Bill is a Chicago born and raised family oriented guy not cut out for this hollywood stuff from what i see on their reality show but that Mosquito face Giuliana i swear will put attending some award show than being withthat kid

Bill does every thing. I mean you need to watch the reality show to see it.

God will never bless her again with any child. There are millions of women out ther wanting children, you are blessed with one through a surrogate and now you are doing shakara. God punish you there.

She is so not wife material and so not mother material.

Even people like Drew Barrymore, Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie all of them have tone down on the limelight and red carpet bullshyt and concentrating on raising their children. This Tooth pick right here like to pose and red carpet, meanwhile you dont act you dont sing u just some F class presentation. Even Nick Lachey and Vanessa have prioritise now and taking care of their kid.

Nike Osho whatever her name is we are watching you. We shall see if you too you will be using your HALF CASTE surrogate kids as handbag and still attend Lagos society events or you will be a 100% mother.

Excuse me for my ranting, I just adore kids so much, i just feel when God blesses one with a child whether natural or surrogate, at least first few years be selfless and give your 100% time to the kid.

#GiulianaRancicTheNarcissistic-

• idomagirl

June 2, 2014 at 6:05 pm

You are so judgmental! Gosh.

• cleopatra

June 2, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Wow I’ve never seen such hate in my entire life for someone who doesn’t know you exist. May God forgive you because you really don’t know what you are doing. Everything you’re saying is just based on what you watch on the likes of E and style network. God is the giver of children. How dare you say someone does not deserve to be a mother to a woman like yourself you guys just think you can just post crap on the internet nobody knows your identity who cares? Your heart is so filled with hate. The hate is over flowing saying when they divorce its so obvious your single and bitter. You sound barren.

• nene

June 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm

i have to agree with you on some points.

• Bleed Blue

June 3, 2014 at 9:29 am

I trust you nene. If you don’t agree, who will?

• KingsQueen

June 2, 2014 at 8:30 pm

since you’ve judged her whole life based off some probably ‘scripted’ reality show, i pray you have a reason to walk a mile in her shoes someday and then, just maybe, you would understand her plight…

• Dee

June 2, 2014 at 9:31 pm

You are a despicable person! Who are you to say that a woman who has never abused her child doesn’t deserve to have one. She may not be a huggy kind of mother but I’m sure she loves her child, you are not the judge of how a mother should carry her child as long as she isn’t hurting him. How dare you decide who is a wife material or not! What does that even mean. Different men with different personalities require different things from there wives. Each relationship is different and there are some where the husband is the more nurturing one and there is nothing wrong with that. The whole idea of marriage is to balance each other .

• hawwah

June 3, 2014 at 12:53 am

Leave @yeahisaidit alone joor. He is not hating or being judgementsl. The truth is bitter swallow it or go away

• Mimi

June 3, 2014 at 8:22 am

Wow doesn’t giuliana knows you or go thru Naija site … You sure a judgemetal saddist

• Ada Nnewi

June 3, 2014 at 4:33 pm

You are a sad excuse for a human being!

• Iphoe

June 12, 2014 at 6:41 pm

All this hate for one person? Wow! I feel for you.

2. Ada

June 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm

That’s too sad…

3. YeahIsaidIt

June 2, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I didnt even look at the picture. I was so fired up i just scroll down to comment and after commenting i scrolled up to see the picture am like GBAM!!! there you go. See the body language – Who is carrying the baby Duke??? – Bill, as always. GUiliana has never ever had a connection to the baby, its even scary to see how she hold hims..Most times she doesnt say DUKE , she saids “THE baby” – watch the show to see for yourself

I guess for SOME people who cannot have children of their own, God has a reason behind it sometimes. Giuliana is a typical example. God should not bless narcissist idiots with kids. They love themselves more than anything

Someday when they divorce, i hope the judge gives bill Full custody and hopefully he finds a better wife. Leave this anuofia to stay in holllywood and present on redcarpet till she is 80 like Joan Rivers/

Gosh i cant stand this bitch. Click on this link to see how she carries the baby
    dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2321832/Giuliana-Rancic-clings-tightly-baby-Edward-Duke-day-out.html

• idomagirl

June 2, 2014 at 6:07 pm

you again…why is the thing paining you like this?

• bells

June 4, 2014 at 1:09 pm

so much hate towards a fellow human…who are you to judge? what makes you think you are or can be a better parent…i once read that people who judge others parenting skills are thos that are scared of doing the same thing. are you scared?

4. i no send

June 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm

sorry to hear bout that..but i don’t think its a good idea to reveal identity of your surrogate on a reality show it can backfire..oyibo sef

• NIRA

June 2, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Please how can it backfire? do tell…

• ruth

June 6, 2014 at 5:58 pm

It can backfire for witch tinz…lol

5. YeahIsaidIt

June 2, 2014 at 3:56 pm

you just got announcement your surrogate got miscarriage.
    soon after – she is seen on red carpet
    dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2645912/Giuliana-Rancic-puts-brave-face-stunning-cobalt-fitted-dress-Bill-attend-red-carpet-news-surrogates-miscarriage.html

now tell me if this is not t he highest b**ch of a narcissist

• idomagirl

June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm

and again…something is definitely going on with you…

6. @edDREAMZ

June 2, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Sorry for their loss and i pray they succeed in the nxt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Cool cat

June 2, 2014 at 4:56 pm

This surrogate must have the kindest heart ever. To think she is willing to try again when she has her own family is such a selfless gesture. Wow

• baboushka

June 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm

More like she loves the $$$$$$$$$ they are paying her or did you think she was doing it for free heck if I could I would be a surrogate on a yearly basis lol

8. Nkaytchee

June 2, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Awww…that;s sad to hear
    I love G & B, i pray duke gets a cute lil sis soon…lol

9. Daisy

June 2, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I watch the reality show most times and I have to say that its true she has never held the baby..not that I’ve seen. She also doesn’t call him Duke, she says the baby and i just think its very impersonal. Maybe she isn’t just the hands on mum but it does seem very much like she doesn’t have a connection to the child.

10. Blue

June 3, 2014 at 12:14 am

Wao! @ yeahIsaidIt……….do you have a life of your own? Following the lives of Jessica Simpson, Drew Barrymore…Jeez! I’m not a huge fan of the Rancics, but I cannot believe you could have so much hate for a fellow woman. If I were a friend or even an acquaintance of yours, I would run from you and never look back….how is it any of your business the way she decides to hold her child? Her child, not yours. Who are you to judge her. She is blessed with a loving husband, who are you to predict their divorce….oh! I see….you have a crush on Bill Rancic and you wish you were Mrs Rancic…lol! Sorry, the guy will not even see you with a microscope , so you can dream on……mtchewwww! Mumu! Swallowing panadol for the Rancics’ headache.

11. anonymous

June 4, 2014 at 9:30 am

I am a regular on her story and Tv show and your [email protected] has never crossed my mind for once.I will also add that i am a mother myself and married,my husband is more maternal/emotional than i was when our son was very young but it didn’t make me less of a mother or woman.Apply all these your suggestions to your life when you have a family or if you currently do.what you think works for marriage A might not be the success secret in family B. I was happy returning to work and couldn’t even wait to resume from my maternity leave while some mothers feels emotional about going back to work …yea if there is a need to stay around longer why not but just cause you are a mom doesn’t mean you should give up your passion or job except in some unavoidable circumstances.You sure would feel regrets when they are older a and away chasing their own dreams leaving you to your life that you put on hold.The key is finding a balance between work and home…you have no idea how she spends her 24hrs so stop judging by what you are only televised.Speaking of what you are televised it shows she actually do care,and love duke and addresses him as duke might not be 100 percent always….i do it also,i call my children my baby,the children etc instead of their names .

12. lola

June 4, 2014 at 11:34 am

@Madam 9.30am,she doesn’t call him “my baby”.she says the “baby”.gbam.

13. anonymous

June 4, 2014 at 2:29 pm

How funny ,i watched an episode today and all through she used duke and not the baby…please cut her some slacks .

14. Haddy

June 5, 2014 at 10:25 am

I watch the show too and I can assure you she’s into that baby. She calls him all sorts of cute baby names as well as his name and of course “the baby” depending on the context. Please, chill out and cut Giuliana some slack. Bill may be more emotional towards the baby than she is, but that doesn’t make her a bad mother, who is also a hardworking one. I’m just shocked at the hate being thrown at her. She tries her best juggling motherhood with work and she should not be judged based on the show anyways. You’re not in her shoes and do not know her story or her life for that matter. Please, relax.

15. kemi

June 5, 2014 at 3:50 pm

All the naysayers out there missed a very important part of the quote where Giulliana said she’s still on cancer medication for a few more years… I can’t even voice the rest of my comment cos I was utterly thrown off at the first commentator’s statements.. All i can say is that there is no way on this earth God will bless someone that utters such hateful curses using God’s name on another human being.. @YeahIsaidIt.. i really truly hope you understand the blasphemy you just spat out of your heart in anger.. God Don’t like ugly!!

Oh and yes please ponder on my first sentence about using cancer medications and think about what the lady is going through.. All medications have side effects including panadol , you just don’t notice it.. Now move on to a stronger medication like what this woman is taking and continually taking for a few more years and try and understand that maybe she gets side effects from them (i’ve always wondered why she hadn’t gained any weight for a while now.. this explains it).. you get tired a whole lot and so on.. ALSO.. you’re watching a TV show that was shot months ago and using the present to judge it.. smh.. (first of all, why are u watching a reality show when it’s not even their reality but yours.. lol)

16. ruth

June 6, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I love their show. I have to say Giuliana is not a maternal/nurturing type. Its ok, thank God she has an awesomea man like Bill that makes up for it.

17. oj

June 9, 2014 at 11:43 am

@yeahisaidit, it is women like you that make women who are not fortunate to have a child want to commit suicide. i’m just imagining the way you would use your mouth to persecute your brother’s/son’s wife if she has a good career but is experiencing difficulties getting pregnant. Thank God that He is far more merciful than you are.

18. Cocobutter

June 27, 2014 at 6:03 pm

@ yeahisaidit, whilst I agree with some of your statement, that Guiliana is not maternal, and her husband Bill is always the one carrying Duke, I just think your delivery and your hatred for her is unwarranted!! Would you like it, if someone said God should not let you have children, or that your marriage should crash?! I don’t think so…. All your hatred and bitterness towards her, is not going to help you in the long run. I am merely saying that, whether you like her or not, your hatred for her is only going to affect you, and not her. Let us learn to speak words that would encourage, bless and motivate each other. Let our words and actions towards others build them up, instead of tearing them down. I bid you a very good day. Put all your hatred and utilize it towards something better! Her husband is not complaining about her not carrying the baby, and every couple is different, what works for one, may not work for others…. And whether she is a good wife or not, it is not your place to judge!