Music

“I Won’t Be Silent”! Weird MC Sets the Record Straight

BellaNaija.com

Weird MC - June 2014 - Bellanaija.com
Step back haters, Weird MC is all natural.

The Nigerian musician took to her official Twitter account minutes ago to speak out on reports that her high energy on stage is because she uses enhancement including drugs.

Weird MC says she has had it with rumours about herself over the years.

Full Tweets

How Stupid How Ignorant so if you are A female Artiste and you burn mad energy on stage you are on drugs? Wake up ppl

My silence over the years about certain things is turning out to be a disadvantage time to set the record straight.

My silence has allowed certain things to prevail and My God will fight for me. I am also ready to fight for myself.

My true fans are not stupid you can’t sell them certain things.

I’m energetic by nature when I perform on stage I’m highly energetic don’t fault my God given gift. Stop the sabotage enough is enough.

The Weird MC Brand is an energetic brand deal with it. It’s my gift we are all special beings with God’s Blessing.

When you don’t understand let it be the sky is wide enough the ocean is deep enough. You don’t need to run another artiste down to grow.

I respect any artiste what we do is serious Hardwork so wn u go out of ur way to “Tag” Another Artiste in da name of Ambition u won’t grow

I won’t be silent anymore about certain things people deserve to know certain things. Enough of the sabotage.

It is indeed true Enu Aiye le bo ppl have taken my silent and shy nature for granted. Silence is not so golden sometimes.

It hurts me so deeply that some people are still so ignorant I can’t help it I’m an energetic performer deal with it.

We must stop allowing Negativity to thrive in this industry I repeat I’m an energetic performer and I love what I do I aim to please.

God gave me the Gift of Energy it’s not my fault don’t turn my Energy to “Drugs” Enough is Enough stop the sabotage. Karma is a b***h

By trying 2 block my opportunities n setting da tone for continuous sabotage all because of perceived competition karma must surely visit u

1. Idak

June 14, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Attention seeking disorder.
    I am sure she is about to release a new single. So anything to generate buzz.

2. nene

June 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm

since she won’t be silent, can she just come out already? i think she’s a weird person, hence her stage name. i doubt she does drugs, but i might be wrong.

3. kemi

June 14, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Does she still perform? why is she ranting? we hardly hear anything about her now adays. which stage? i dont get her o

4. SOLO ACT

June 14, 2014 at 9:50 pm

i thought she was comin out of tha closet

5. hello

June 14, 2014 at 9:53 pm

When will she get married?

• AdadioraMMa

June 14, 2014 at 10:12 pm

@ hello how does it affect your life if she is married or not? Why dont people mind their busy for once. Make a reasonable comment or you humbly take a seat inugo. just a word of advice

• tammy

June 14, 2014 at 11:13 pm

How is it your business?

• LOL

June 14, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Game of thrones response to Khaleesi – when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east etc….

• Inosend

June 14, 2014 at 11:39 pm

@hello
      She will get married the day we have uninterrupted electricity supply all over Nigeria permanently.

• newbie

June 15, 2014 at 1:25 am

This year or next year;
      second forever;
      January
      February
      March….etc
      How many children will she have?
      One…two… three…four…etc

• Idak

June 15, 2014 at 7:53 am

When you introduce her to that handsome,rich and God fearing elder brother of yours. She will make a very good wife for him.

6. obobo

June 14, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I don’t see the record she set straight here. She spoke like our nigerian politicians. Many words,none was a direct response to the allegations. I expected to see “I am not on drugs. Fullstop.” That’s as straight as the record can get.

7. Busarni

June 14, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I thought she relocated to the US of A. She has since retired from music na, why replying now. She would have replied when she was still active.

8. Dat Kert

June 14, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I expected her to say “I am not a Lesbian”. Mtchew! Record ko, straight ni.

• Ona

June 15, 2014 at 1:22 am

LMAO. Me too!

• Changing Faces

June 15, 2014 at 8:11 am

What exactly is your business if she’s a lesbian or not? Does that make you better than her? Why is her life so important to you, or has she hurt you in anyway? Judgmental?

9. ICANTDEAL

June 15, 2014 at 3:08 am

Serious question, has she had any hits after “Ijoya”? What has she been performing?

• Idak

June 15, 2014 at 7:50 am

The effort spent in crafting this pointless rebuttal could have been spent in producing a decent hit worth performing but in naija stars spend more time generating buzz on social media than in backing their stardom with decent works of art.

10. Idak

June 15, 2014 at 7:47 am

What happened to my comment?

11. Hi

June 15, 2014 at 9:59 am

Weird MC is not the friendly type, she speaks to people she knows only. Do Kween Onoakala still sing? As their mother in the industry, when is she going to collaborate with:

Waje
    Tiwa Savage
    Weird MC
    Storm Rex
    Omawunmi
    Mo’Cheddah
    Cynthia Morgan
    Muna
    Niyola
    Tonto Dikeh

How many females are singers in the Nigerian Music Industry? Please help me out!!!!!

• Plush

June 15, 2014 at 2:29 pm

You can’t blame her. It is the same ‘aiye’ that will start rumors of her dating all of them when she becomes friendly……nevertheless, if she’s still into music, in recent times, she’s been too scarce and needs to put out fresh stuff to do all the talking for her.

12. CarliforniaBawlar

June 15, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Lmao!! Me I’ve never heard of Weird MC being on drugs ooo!! I have heard many many things but not this one…hehehe. Auntee Shola…I could care less o, but if debunking rumors dey sweet you or scratch you for body, you know where to begin na…no be this one. 😛
    If not, like bros Idak suggested, sing better song make we follow you buy am. shikena.

13. Didi

June 16, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Please is this woman still in showbiz?