Music

Tiwa Savage, Davido, Lola Rae! Watch Star Studded “Rise Up” Video

BellaNaija.com

Tiwa Savage - Rise Up - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Lola Rae - Rise Up - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Oh yeah, Africa is Rising!

MultiChoice Africa has launched Africa Rising – a campaign designed to inspire Africans to become involved in community-based social upliftment projects. The campaign was launched with a song composed by leading African artistes.

And now the video has premiered.

The song titled “Rise Up” an features Davido, Tiwa Savage, Diamond Platnumz, Sarkodie, Lola Rae, Myztikal and Mi Casa.Check it out!

1. Cheliz

June 25, 2014 at 1:12 pm

nice!
    chelizrubycube.blogspot.com

2. Joyce

June 25, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I absolutely Love this video. Africa Rise UP.

3. Destiny Powers

June 25, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Nice concept….BUT why is one hit wonder Lola Rae featured on the song?
    There are so many other female artists more successful and worthy to be on the song… Waje, Yemi Alade, Seyi Shay….I don’t get her presence, looks like she must be dating the owner of the project lol

• paul

June 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Lol I was thinking the same thing, she’s a cute girl but no where as musically relevant as any of the other more deserving artists on the song. Great song though and the video is beautiful and simple

4. @edDREAMZ

June 25, 2014 at 1:27 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Lovely one frm our artiste no doubt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. missy J

June 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Beautiful song. Diamond’s part was my best.

6. Kenny1

June 25, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Luv the song, most especially Diamond Platnumz ‘s part. Although, I do not understand his language . Beautiful. The video?

7. Janet

June 25, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love this! Wonderful concept. I must say CHIDINMA would have been SO PERFECT for this track.
    But regardless good job guys

8. ethy

June 25, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Great song…though wished Manifest to rap in place of Sarkodie…..and why did they mention Barack Obama?we have more uncelebrated African heroes.

• Chris

July 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Which manifest ??? Na Beans??? Is there even a competition btwn him and Sark!?

9. TT

June 25, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Rise up for what. When most of these artist can’t speak up to their own government. Please!!!

• Ruby

June 25, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Thank God everyone is not as pessimistic as you! Mscheeeew! Africa Rise up jor! And dont mind all the naysayers making noise.

10. damsel

June 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Beautiful song…………

11. sum1special

June 25, 2014 at 4:40 pm

love the skinny guy’s part the most (sorry dont know his name), he has an amazing voice and who is the white hottie? feeling Tiwa’s purple lipstick. All round nice.

12. hmm

June 25, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Pls no one get mad at me but the artist parts didn’t flow in the song. it just sounded like a hot mess. too much jumbled up stuff. Lola rae shouldn’t have been in it. They should have put that famous group from south Africa( forget their name but the one with the guy and girl)

13. Nina

June 25, 2014 at 5:22 pm

We need singers like Fela….to speak out to the government…we need serious awareness and change…

14. Gbemmy

June 25, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I love the tanzania guy part ,I don’t know wah he is saying but I just love him
    God bless Africa.

• OgeAdiro

June 25, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Diamond was on point.

15. Abby

June 25, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Sarkodie rocks

16. el patron

June 25, 2014 at 8:35 pm

But why name Nelson Mandela,Desmond tutu and lupita in the same line..am taking it p, but David needs to chill..they are lots of guys that have done Africa proud

17. truth

June 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm

okay this was okay would have been better with tuface and fally ipupa added, plus love diamonds voice. i personally think that lola wasnt good for this. just my opinion ..

18. 1 + The One

June 26, 2014 at 9:24 am

Very nice video and concept, however when we say Africa, we do mean a whole continent with approximately 55 countries… I see only 4 with Ghana being the official ‘rep’ in this video.
    I believe that if the song is about AFRICA then at least it should be represented well.. If I were from Cameroun, Morocco, Botswana or Namibia, I possibly wouldn’t connect with the song / video.
    Also, we keep trying to correct the misconception about Africa as a continent and not a country.. In my opinion, this doesn’t do it justice at all, there’s so much more.

19. jnihillz

June 26, 2014 at 10:01 am

i really love this song. Davido’s voice puts spice in the song. well Africa its time we rise up as one.

20. MOM

June 26, 2014 at 10:17 am

beutiful song, beutiful concept pls were is mafizikolo, and the moromoro head guy i need ttheir voice, chidimma etc

• CEO

June 26, 2014 at 10:44 am

I agree with you…I wish Mafikizolo was in it. Flavor/Fally Ipupa/J Martins would have put some highlife in it.

Yuup! the video is great but missing Mafikizolo and a highlife person

21. Ocho

June 26, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Lovely video, nice a bright love the colours. Tiwa looked great, Lola rae needs to change up her wardrobe does she only own shorts that are 3 sizes too small? Shorts are not for everyone my dear…
    Davido and Diamond Platnumz killed it!! Sarkodia held back on his verse, but he was still great…even at his worst he’s still one of the best!

22. bnlover

June 27, 2014 at 7:14 am

Menh…………@Davido killed it for me……u are too good dear. Just kept it up and stay focused. Nice song and excellent video

23. Unna

July 6, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Hihisarkodie i just love u. God bless you.