Scoop

“Dear White People” Tackles Racial Stereotypes | Watch the Trailer

BellaNaija.com

Dear White People - July 2014 - BN Movies & TV - BellaNaija.com 01
BellaNaijarians, view this trailer for “Dear White People“.

The movie scheduled to open in cinemas on October 17th 2014, tackles racial stereotypes in campus and being a “black face” in a “white face” community. It is also a sly, provocative satire of race relations in the age of Obama

It is written and directed by Justin Simien, and features Everybody Hates Chris star Tyler James Williams, as well as Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris and Malcom Barrett among others.

Check out the trailer.

For more info on the movie, log on to dearwhitepeoplemovie.com

1. beht why

July 31, 2014 at 5:26 am

I’m definitely going to watch this movie

2. aei

July 31, 2014 at 7:32 am

Interesting…..this got my attention. Will watch!!!!

3. Jhennique

July 31, 2014 at 7:32 am

lol! im gonna like this movie

4. name

July 31, 2014 at 7:41 am

ohh can i see this movie already! the only thing is that it might be a little awks sitting at the movies with white people. Ill have to contain my laughs and reflex remarks to myself. I hope this movie addresses the growing community of black racisits, which in my opinion is very uncool and unnecessary. #letITGoletITGo #frozenvoice

5. Lindsey

July 31, 2014 at 8:12 am

Lol…I can relate. ,I graduated from a predominately white university and here is my own.

Dear white people,

That’s not Beyoncé s hair so please stop asking me how my hair grew 18 inches over the weekend. It’s called weave/extensions l. Please ask Paris Hilton and Britney Spears for further clarification.

Cheers,
    Lindsey

6. Beamer

July 31, 2014 at 9:02 am

This one i will definitely watch! Race is such a sensitive issue and sometimes we forget that its not just black people who are victims of racial discrimination…can’t wait!

7. Miss Gidi

July 31, 2014 at 9:12 am

so looking forward to seeing this…lol

8. kunle

July 31, 2014 at 9:46 am

What’s up with race film. Getting 2much.

9. lusciouskels

July 31, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Wow all geared up for dis movie hulalascious!!

10. Cee

July 31, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Dear white people,
    I am rarely impressed. I had cousins and friends in Ikoyi. I am over tensioning. Plus ur money is not lo enough since u are in the cubicle! !! Lol!!!!

11. NNENNE

July 31, 2014 at 11:20 pm

The touching of the black hair by whites is so true, especially, those who have not lived with blacks before. They marvel at the difference.