News

E! News’ Terrence Jenkins visits Tanzania to “Give Back, Learn New Cultures & Marvel at God’s Work”

BellaNaija.com

Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 013
You are probably familiar with Terrence Jenkins for co-hosting with Giuliana Rancic on E! News or when he hosted 106 & Park with Rocsi Diaz.

Last Friday, the “Think Like A Man Too” actor arrived Tanzania to “give back, learn new cultures and marvel at God’s work” he said.

This is Terrence’s first time in Africa. He journeyed to historical places of interest including the Slave Chambers, met with young girls and boys, visited huts in the desert, and gave out copies of his book – The Wealth of My Mother’s Wisdom.

Another trending conversation about his visit was that a fan warned him to be careful of the Ebola virus currently affecting West Africa. She has since deleted the comment, but Africans and Terrence J’s fans went in on her.

Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 04Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 05Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 06Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 07Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 08Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 09Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 010Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 011Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 012Terrence Jenkins in Tanzania - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 014

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Meah

July 18, 2014 at 12:32 pm

He really does need to be careful. Its not every thing said “bout Africa that should be perceived as an insult. I’m a Nigerian in Nigeria and the news of the spread of Ebola has me worried. Good for you Terrence; any one who travels and is open to new cultures has my vote.

• deedar

July 18, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Yeah but the Ebola outbreak is only in West Africa at the moment. Tanzania isn’t in the West African sub-region. Besides, there is NO WAY this dude didn’t take every necessary precaution before traveling. Trips like this usually aren’t undertaken lightly. So I don’t think the comment was insulting – but it was unnecessary, ill-informed and presumptuous.

2. me2me

July 18, 2014 at 1:07 pm

As i looked at the picture of the chained slaves with Terrence looking on, all i could see was Liberation. You have to have a great past to achieve an even greater future.

Look at it this way, if there were no slaves, there will be no Obama, Oprah, MJ, Steven, Mandela, Whitney, Martin Luther, let alone Terrence. They brought our voices closer to the world. God is always and has always been with us, even when our forefathers suffered in chains, it was all for God’s glorification.

For the first time I thank God for permitting slavery.

• Gorgeous

July 18, 2014 at 2:54 pm

lol. Obama is the child of an African immigrant. Not an African American. So he does not fall into ythis your category.

• Author Unknown

July 18, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Terrence is American black, so I doubt his ancestry would have come from eastern Africa. That slave trade is different from the transatlantic slave trade that today explains the existence of the names you have mentioned – except of course Obama and Mandela – what tha?. Terrence has always struck me as a great guy. Bless

• Mims

July 18, 2014 at 11:52 pm

The only reason ur thanking God is cos it wasn’t ur neck that they hung those chains around. Thank God for slavery indeed!

• Iris

July 19, 2014 at 2:15 am

It’s easy to thank God when you weren’t a slave. Leave it to slaves and the descendants of slaves to do the thanking.

• ousi

September 11, 2014 at 12:19 am

Please guys stop scaring people from other countries, we need them to come visit us as they are our favourite movie stars, singers e.tc. I think the. Ebola issue was stupid_u scaring people. Who would take a trip to Africa without takingprecautions? Come on guys! Come on, I love. Terrence j and I would like him to come to South Africa but if you guys send such things how will we ever see him, and the others?__#compliments to you Mr J good work you did. May God grant you more blessed is the hand that gives……..<3 Ousi your supa fan…..SOUTH AFRICA

3. Bird

July 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Believe me, he was properly briefed on the risks and advised of how to minimize the risks. He also would have gotten a slew of vaccinations. The fan didn’t need to make that insensitive comment. Those pics are amazing. I can’t wait to visit Tanzania myself.

• ndubuisi

July 18, 2014 at 1:52 pm

you act like everyone in Africa have illness you can go to any country in Africa anytime you want as long you know what and what not to do.

4. Queen

July 18, 2014 at 1:25 pm

This is very nice of him,I hope many other celebrity follows his footsteps,and actually do give back,I love you T.J!!!

5. ashewopeckas

July 18, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Zanzibar…………………………………………………….

• chick

July 18, 2014 at 4:45 pm

am in love wit zanzibar.I hv to go for my honeymoon there.in d main time make I still dey luk n search for my prince

6. Maj Variola (ret)

July 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Mine the harbours and bomb the airfields. Use landmines and UN/WHO
    snipers. Anything that leaves is sunk or shot. Quarantine with
    extreme prejudice. Now.

Or you won’t have to worry about crowded freeways or expensive real
    estate again. Your choice.

7. deedar

July 18, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Great pictures. I’m sure he had an unforgettable experience.

8. Hype9ja.com

July 18, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Good one

9. @edDREAMZ

July 18, 2014 at 10:48 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    The dude took the ryt decision and is gud no doubt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. Serena

July 28, 2014 at 11:54 pm

A friend told me about this piece that Mr. Jenkins did on TZ – I am sorry I missed it. I am developing a travel app with the Tanzania Government which should be ready for a free download in late September – will have more on this. I also have a TRUST in TZ – be-the-rain where we are doing wonderful projects getting clean water to schools, sponsoring educations, building tanks fixing pipes etc… an extraordinary country with extraordinary wildlife and beautiful welcoming people! Karibuni sana ( welcome a lot!)
    Serena

11. ousi

September 11, 2014 at 12:30 am

I love terrence J his so so diciplined in my eyes he’s not just an actor, a tv personality but he’s also A man of God that’s what I love most about him….#crying only if I could meet him and shate his hand that would be a great honour 4 me….u such a humble soul_when I see him looking @ that pic of the slaves,tears ran down my cheeks…I colud see the pain inside him. Keep up the good work again I respect you. Mr T……Ousi SOuth Africa loves you<3 <3<3