Relationships

IK Osakioduwa on Ndani TV’s The Juice: Ladies Don’t be Too Independent, a Man Needs to be Needed | Watch

IK Osakioduwa & Toolz - Ndani TV's The Juice - BN Movies & TV - BellaNaija.com 01
We loved the teaser for IK Osakioduwa‘s interview with Toolz on Ndani TV’s The Juice, now the full clip is here.

The Nigerian media personality speaks on how he started out as a presenter, how he met the love of his life, going from a “shy guy” to a confident man and load more.

When Toolz asked which celebrities he would like to see in the Big Brother Africa house, he mentioned Genevieve Nnaji, Kate Henshaw and Rita Dominic. (Interesting choices, will you like to see them too?)

IK also gave advice to ladies on how to fully lock down their men – cooking is one of them, as well as not being too independent.

Watch

1. tunmi

July 7, 2014 at 12:00 am

hmmm….not being too independent?! then they complain that we are too needy?! smh!

2. zsa zsa

July 7, 2014 at 12:46 am

Abeg, enough with the advice for women. Its getting old and boring.

• latifa

July 7, 2014 at 4:39 pm

hian!! abeg who vex u

3. My wife is fiiiine

July 7, 2014 at 2:01 am

I am with you on that zsa zsa, I think us guys think we know what women should and shouldn’t do. Truth is there are many women out there that are doing exactly what he says they should do and are still getting dumped left right and center. Some guys are just plain users; doesn’t matter what You do.

4. Aibee

July 7, 2014 at 10:00 am

I enjoyed this episode! I.K is really interesting, plus he is tall! As an aside, The Juice shoudl have arranged someone to remind Toolz to adjust her skirt so it didn’t bunch up like that. Also why did she keep looking at her cue cards like that na. The camera should have panned to I.K while she was looking at her cards, especially as IK was the one talking.

5. lala

July 7, 2014 at 10:06 am

I have loved IK since I was a little girl and I remember the first time I heard his opinion on women and traditional roles, I was upset. Now that i’m in my twenties, I still cringe when I hear him say it but that is his opinion and it is true that many Nigerian men think like him. I think every girl should figure out who she is and the part/role she is willing to play in a relationship. I don’t subscribe to those traditional roles, I mean don’t all human being need to eat? so is it not logical that we all know how to cook? like the guy above said women who subscribe to those roles are still being dumped everyday, we can look at most of our parent as examples- most of them are in horrible marriages because we assign disadvantageous roles to the genders. So ladies instead of complaining about men and their mentalities, put that energy into ensuring you don’t end up with such men and guys go and find people who will need you and cook fir you everyday, not every girl is willing to that and such girls reserve the right not to.

6. laila

July 7, 2014 at 11:47 am

IK is such a cool guy. I really enjoyed this interview

7. Nwamaka

July 7, 2014 at 11:51 am

but seriously toolz gotta work on those hips. Its like a huge basin. #nothatingjustsaying#

8. Barbara

July 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I am actually not surprised at the whole ‘not be too independent’ advise. A friend gave me the same advise recently and colleagues have been saying it to me for a couple of years now. It pays to give ear to something that a whole bunch of people – single and married – are saying though.

barbara1923.com

9. Adelaide

July 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Nice

10. damsel

July 7, 2014 at 2:41 pm

He is a likeable somebody and funny as well .

11. Didi

July 7, 2014 at 4:09 pm

IK! the life wire of bigbrotherAfrica! me likey!

12. babygiwa

July 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I love IK! First radio presenter to ever take a bunch of teens to d cinemas just becus they listen to his show. Ps: I met some of my ‘realest’ frnds thru IK and he is still nice to all of us even tho we r all grown ups now. Say hi to ur pretty wife Olohi n ur adorable kids. #i’mfamzingandiknowit 🙂

13. Abeeee

July 7, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Lol so Uncle IK you mean
    1) if I cook all the instagram #foodie local and international recipes my African man won’t cheat?
    2) If i refuse to use my my knowledge that I have gained from years of education to earn a living and contribute to the development of my country and humanity my African man won’t cheat?
    I didn’t know!

Men need to be needed? Will my man pay for my Daddy’s 20million naira surgery if I quit my job and NEED him to help save my daddy’s life.

You know women have gotten over the whole ‘Prince Charming coming to save me’ crap I think the men are still trapped in that fantasy of saving a princess. Lol grow up IK! your wife or whoever you are talking to about women do not represent the entire population of Nigerian women.
    For some women independence is not a choice some women MUST be independent.
    Pls ladies do not listen to this clown. Chase your dreams, reach for the stars, do you think people like NOI care about who her husband is ‘buying BIS’?
    Do you think Dora Akunyili was thinking about who her husband was ‘buying BIS’ for while she was cleaning up our industries? Please if you want to quit your job or career it should be for YOU not because of another human being who ‘needs to be needed’
    Men don’t even know what they want! Imagine all the women that got boob jobs for men in the 90s, now men want ass, women again getting ass jobs etc. Tomorrow they want lekpa, next they want ‘small flesh’ lol.
    Pls be wise ladies by the way how old is this guy again?

• tunmi

July 8, 2014 at 2:40 pm

triple GBAM!!

• chimamanda's Main Squeeze

July 9, 2014 at 10:23 am

IK’s mouth is like a dumping ground… trash is spewed at whim…

14. browncoco

July 9, 2014 at 10:39 am

@ Abeeee can I kiss you?

15. Ross

November 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I didn’t see anything wrong with what he said though. @Barbara your’e so right. Ive heard that piece of advice from so many friends. He didn’t sound chauvinist at all