Relationships

Chris Attoh gives Damilola Adegbite her Grand Proposal! See the Bling

BellaNaija.com

Damilola-Adegbite-and-Chris-Attoh
Ghanaian heartthrob Chris Attoh and Nigerian star Damilola Adegbite have been engaged for a few months and are also expecting their first child. Though they have been committed towards marrying each other, Damilola was dreaming about a proper proposal and bling!

She got both and now she is sharing the happy news with fans.

Check out her ring below and read what she had to say!

I asked God for a sign and I got it. The most heart melting public proposal a woman can ever ask for. Everything you and I have been through has been worth it. And now…let’s take this adventure a step further…U, me and the little one 🙂

Congrats to Damilola and Chris.

Chris & Damilola - After the Proposal

Damilola & Chris – After the Proposal

I asked God for a sign and I got it. The most heart melting public proposal a woman can ever ask for. Everything you and I have been through has been worth it. And now...let's take this adventure a step further...U, me and the little one :)

The Bling!

DamilolaAdegbiteChrisAttoh

Photo Credit: Instagram – Adedamee | iamAdeWest

1. nene

August 9, 2014 at 12:13 pm

i hope they are not getting married just because she’s pregnant, since most families believe that’s the “right thing to do”. i always thought damilola would be different. i guess – happens.

• so diva

August 9, 2014 at 1:47 pm

no they are not, they planned a wedding before and had already invited people but when she got pregnant they had to cancel it

• Lindsey

August 9, 2014 at 3:34 pm

And how do you know that? How an they plan a wedding without getting engaged, cancel it cos she is preggers, and now getting engaged when she is about ready to pop ? Abeg…this is a classic, ” now I am pregnant, let s do the needful” engagement. And that ring is from MACY’s clearance show glass.

• Anon

August 9, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Lindsey aka Linda – MACY’s clearance show glass? So what?

• GIDI UP SEASON TWO EPISODE ONE REVIEW

August 10, 2014 at 3:20 pm

So we expect better. They’re celebs afterall.

• Me

August 9, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Don’t be ignorant….READ! They have been engaged he just got her another ring and basically made another proposal.

And the person speaking about the ring…what is your own inside? How does it concern you? Is it your engagement?

Gosh we are so negative as individuals sometimes and it irks me!

2. latifa

August 9, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Congrats Dammy you deserve the best….but seriously it’s like pregnancy before marriage is now the new trend.

3. Ogo

August 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm

This ring is the business

4. baby

August 9, 2014 at 1:09 pm

what sign did u ask for ? the pregnancy or the beautiful ring? lets all fear God and don’t mention his name when we have already made our choices before he approves of it.congrats on ur engagement.

• Isioma

August 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Please my dear, how do you know when God approves of your every plan? God loves us either ways and He will support us through every choice that we make. So please keep your self righteousness to yourself.

• chichi

August 9, 2014 at 5:06 pm

“God will support us through every choice that we make”. Isioma, Stop it!!!….God loves us, true. He forgives us when we sin, that is if are repentant but doesn’t necessarily shield us from the consequences of our sins…If he supports us through “every choice”, why oh why do we have a bunch of things in the bible that God HATES and he tells us to stay away from and also gives us the consequences of not doing so or tells us how that could damage our relationship with him?! I dont wanna sound all preachy today but why does it say in Galatians that “God is not to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will reap”?. Why Isioma?. I will not go as far as questioning dami’s relationship with God. She alone knows what sign she is talking about and i don’t blame baby for asking because the last time i checked, God doesn’t come whispering in our ears. He has given us his word the bible. All the signs we need in making major decisions in our lives are in that book. So after praying to him, pick up your bible, read, meditate and APPLY.
      Fyi, there is a difference between stating what is right and wrong and being self righteous , judgmental or overly critical.. One thing i will never understand but i see ppl do here all the time is this. When we have a post on a thief, a killer, a liar/slanderer, a rapist, a greedy or corrupt person, most people go : “God will punish you”, “You will rot in hell”….Yall even curse the person’s entire generation. But the reverse is the case when we have a post on someone who has committed sexual immorality. I find it so hilarious. Sin is sin guys. So its either we all learn to zip it when we spot a thief et cetera or we stop being so selective…At the end of the day, none of us have the right to judge anybody but that doesn’t stop one from stating what is right or wrong if need be okay?. The whole point of my rant is: God doesn’t support us through “every choice”. That is a fat lie!

• Lindsey

August 9, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Thank you jare. I don’t know which sign she is talking about when she is ready to pop any minute.

• PurpleiciousBabe

August 10, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I totally think this is unfair on both sides the commentator and Dami . While I tried to understand your comment Chichi I feel like you should have stopped at a certain level only because we all do what we do best, we put sins on pedal stool, there are so many things God does not like including ‘judging’ which we all happen to do very well consciously and subconsciously.
      Whatever she spoke to God about is not our businesses and should not be, if she was to bring God in it again who cares?
      There are thieves as you have mentioned that actually pray before they strike?? But why would someone do that? TBH, alot of crappy things happen in this world ooo people put God name in it..

In a nutshell, two consenting adults?? I cant pass any judgment.
      For what it is worth, getting pregnant is a blessing. So does that mean it should be ok to have sex before marriage? Well that for you and your relationship with God, there are virgins who got married virgins and hoped to have plenty kids in marriage and it didn’t happen? So?
      In all situations, God is still God.

I dont agree that God will support us in all we chose to do, if you didn’t involve him the first place he wont force himself o.

• medem

August 11, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Couldn’t she be talking abt the sign she saw even before getting into a relationship with Chris?

• chichi

August 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm

@purple…..girl, once again..I don’t care about Dami nor her relationship with God and all that. She is not the first to get pregnant out of wedlock and she wont be the last. I wish ppl nothing but the best. My own wahala is the way supposed Christians react to issues like this. There are three things i cant stand and i always speak up when i see it happening. Hypocrisy, pride and injustice. I am a sinner as well my dear…I haven’t committed sexual immorality but i have lied, i have gossiped before and i have done some other wrong things..Sin is sin. I am not selective and i sure don’t deceive myself into thinking that one sin isn’t as bad as the next. I also appreciate when ppl call me out when i have done something wrong or when i am about to. “Hey chichi, that is wrong. Stop it”. That isnt them judging me. That is them simply correcting me or telling me that something is wrong. People abuse the word “judging” so much when it comes to sexual immorality, it is ridiculous. Ppl stating that sexual immorality is wrong isn’t them judging okay. I am gonna need you guys to understand the difference. However, the moment that person is condemned to everlasting destruction, is being called names or is told things like “God will punish you and he will never forgive you”, then y’all can strike. My point is, if ppl cant state that sexual immorality is wrong then you all should likewise shut up when you spot a liar, a thief, or a gossip. Make sure you say absolutely nothing cos hey, according to you guys, “don’t judge”.
      You are so right. God is still God. He hasn’t changed and his laws haven’t either. We however have changed so much and we have learned to twist his word to suit us. That is why we have phrases such as “two consulting adults” like the bible was talking about minors when it says “do not commit sexual immorality”. LOL.. y’all kill me. Please let us stop deceiving ourselves. If y’all are Christians like you claim, follow the bible, dont follow the crowd and dont pick and choose. Sin is sin.
      Lastly, im not here to tickle your ears. Chichi doesn’t care about pleasing anybody. I will say what needs to be said and no, you dont have to like it. The truth they say is bitter anyway.

• francesa

August 9, 2014 at 4:21 pm

beefffffff that is what is doing you wether shwe got pregnant or asked for a sign that is non of ur business so shut d f up

• Que

August 9, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I asked same question….. what was d sign biko? I tot they had decided to get hitched since, plus already started a family,….so I’m lost on what d sign was for… wish dem a long happy union.

5. j4judith

August 9, 2014 at 1:17 pm

this reverse order marriage that is trending now…hmmmm babies before marriage. I no like am ooo

6. Ozzy

August 9, 2014 at 1:25 pm

“Proper proposal”?????………..looooll

7. dolly babe

August 9, 2014 at 1:51 pm

So they were not engaged before, and there were rumous of impending wedding earlier in the
    Year……..?????????
    Congrats though! !!!!

8. wande

August 9, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Yes they are expecting a child together but that does not warrant all this holier than thou behaviour. There’s no need to be judgemental.

• Nosen

August 13, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Does nobody know how to read anymore? Chichi must be blue in the face from trying to explain that stating facts does not equal judging! If you can say something when someone steals, or lies, or cheats on their spouse, she can say something when someone commits ANY sin. That’s all she is saying! Chichi, I totally feel you. It’s hilarious how ppl turn a blind eye once it’s (and yes, I am using the word), fornication. We all sin. And you all throw stones usually, so how come your hands go behind your backs once it comes to this? It’s sin too! It’s simple really. Or at least I used to think so!

9. Ireti

August 9, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Nothin tight about this “proper proposal” it’s just cos she is preggie I think my friend bukky daranijo’s own is still d no.1 proposal mid air an international flight, congrats chris and dami

10. tamarau

August 9, 2014 at 2:32 pm

aww congrats. so beautiful:) I hope they are truly in love and he doesnt feel obligated to put a ring on it cuz shes pregnant……cuz girl a marriage like that is always hell

11. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

August 9, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I seriously think people should stop criticizing those who have a baby before walking down the aisle. Who are you to judge, are you perfect? Is Your life perfect? Children are such precious gifts from God. I think bringing forth a child is a woman’s greatest achievement. It’s not beans! There are countless married women fasting and praying for the fruit of the womb. I’m not encouraging it but people should please stop being sanctimonious.

• Detoladavis

August 9, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I’m not sure people are criticizing her that she got pregnant.They are just saying hope she wasn’t proposed to because she is pregnant which might not really be cool. Love you Dami sis. I wish you and the baby well…

12. Ngo

August 9, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Congrats! I hope they last.

13. madam

August 9, 2014 at 8:53 pm

i though they said they married secretly. whats this proposal issue again.?
    I’m confused o

• Lindsey

August 10, 2014 at 3:29 pm

When there are too many cover up lies, then the story keeps changing. There can only be one version of the truth

14. Nystyle

August 9, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Girl hide that ring fast!!! all those calling that a bad ring…thats some cheap ass pieces of low grade diamond clustered together…let me show u my solitaire with diamonds on the side or better still go look at tiwa,s ring. A ring without a solitaire is cheap ass crap!!!

• Mimi

August 9, 2014 at 10:14 pm

OMG!! So do you feel better now. You are a vile and mean human being and I feel sorry for the poor man who is engaged or married to you. Women! Really our own worst enemies.

• Lindsey

August 10, 2014 at 12:54 am

She is actually right, that’s a $499.99 clearance ring from Macys or JC Oenny

• Idomagirl

August 10, 2014 at 6:11 am

You have a problem.

• PurpleiciousBabe

August 10, 2014 at 8:24 pm

WOW….Just WOW.
      Like seriously, you had to attack her ring?
      I am sure we all saw and kept our comments to ourselves but to attack it in that manner.
      SMH…… Does it matter if it was expensive?
      You do realise that it is his intentions that matters the most??He bought what he could afford and to you its cheap but to him its expensive so please o small small with the attacks o.

• asgrl

August 11, 2014 at 8:40 am

So because of wedding they should go broke? And people like you and Lindsey will be the fast to run your mouth rough about celebs that are “Faking the Funk” and living beyond their means. God for you and your solitaire. I hope your marriage lasts as long as the diamond itself.

15. yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.com

August 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Na wa for some comments ooo. Btw, a big congratulations to you Dami – I loved your role in flower girl x

16. remi

August 9, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Some people are just sad!!!

17. dolly

August 9, 2014 at 11:34 pm

All I can say is to wish her a safe delivery she shld concentrate more on her delivery by praying to God instead of making noise about an engagement ring!!!

18. Virtuous woman

August 10, 2014 at 12:30 am

Some of these comments are unnecessarily mean and in bad taste but the problem is that these days, people knowingly open themselves up to negative scrutiny. What is the point of posting your (2nd) proper engagement ring- a few months or weeks before you are due to give birth; months after it had been reported that you were engaged; had fixed a wedding date and shifted it; had changed Facebook profile to married etc. The hunger to be in people’s faces every time and also to be seen as doing very well has warped a lot of people’s sense of propriety. Let’s learn how to keep our private lives away from the public and if we must share, how, what, when and whom to share with. There are lots of cruel people on blogs and other forms of social media looking for who to pull down. If you make yourself an easy target, don’t complain when they come at you with all their venom.

19. Shany

August 10, 2014 at 2:25 am

I thought they were already engaged? “Heartmelting PUBLIC proposal” ke?? Is a proposal not valid anymore if it’s not public? The way this wedding industrial complex has hit Naija no get part 2. Anyway, we too like to copy everything to the fullest. No matter what we do Lagos will never be Los Angeles.

20. nnennia

August 10, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Women their fellow women’s enemy.if the ring was gotten during clearance,what is your big problem.most girls can’t even boast of such a ring and they cannot appreciate a good gift when they see one.pregnancy before marriage is not morally right but the truth still remains that we have no right to judge anyone.congrats dammy and chris.wishing you safe delivery dear

21. zeey

August 10, 2014 at 3:31 pm

So much negativity!!! Why are you people pouring out venom on this post. if you aren’t happy for them. pls keep it to yourselves.

22. JOjo

August 11, 2014 at 2:22 am

Lots of jealous people out here. such bitterness too
    Congrats girl. Lovely ring

23. Grown Woman

August 11, 2014 at 9:39 am

Congrats to them.I wish people would stop being so judgemental towards everything.

24. medem

August 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Chaai some pple can be bitter ooh!!! there are some pple who got engaged with a $2 dollar ring ooh!! na intention matter. Some are so bitter that you would think they were dumped by Chris. Meeehhnn!!!! $1 ring ooh, $2 ring oohh $1 million ring oooh!!! all will be meaningless if u don’t have true intentions. Haba…some pple should cool down for Jesus ooh!!

25. sum1special

August 11, 2014 at 3:49 pm

This explains my confusion.

26. Teri

August 12, 2014 at 11:09 am

beautiful

27. Richie's momma

August 12, 2014 at 3:44 pm

How much the ring costs shouldn’t be anyone’s concern. I got a #4,000 ring and accepted it with tears of joy in my eyes because I was getting married to the man I gave my heart to. Four years and 2 kids after, we are still so much in love. That’s the most important thing. Wish you all the best Damilola and Chris!

28. Nosen

August 13, 2014 at 10:17 pm

On a separate issue, it really doesn’t matter what a ring costs. It should matter who gives it to you and what it represents.

29. Ayoyomisola

September 8, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Really happy 4u girl. Proud of u dude. What a beautiful way 2crown it all. Chris is da man, he’s shown he values her and his little one loads.

30. annoynmous

September 9, 2014 at 8:36 am

An amount of a wedding ring doesnt measure up to the kind of marriage you will have nor does it show the amount of love. what of people who get 2million dollars worth of a wedding ring and still get divorced. i wish this couple God”s blessings and a wonderful marriage blessed with kids

31. Mo

September 24, 2014 at 8:46 am

So many jealous girls around, pray for your testimony instead of dissing another person’s testimony. Let’s not forget, no one is perfect, sin is sin but remembering to ask for forgiveness is the koko. Take king David as an example.