News

“Enraged” Jackie Chan Speaks Out after Son is Detained in Drug Bust

"Double Trouble" Beijing Premiere
On Tuesday, BN brought you the story that movie star Jackie Chan‘s 31-year-old son Jaycee was detained on drug charges. Now Jackie Chan who is an anti drug ambassador in China speaks out for the first time.

Jackie Chan addressed the situation on his official website.

“When I first heard the news, I was absolutely enraged. As a public figure, I feel very ashamed; as his dad, I’m very sad and disappointed. But the person who feels heartbroken the most is his mom. I hope our younger generation will learn from Jaycee’s mistake and stay far away from drug abuse.

“I would like to take this opportunity to say to Jaycee: you’ve done something wrong and you have to be responsible for the consequences,” he wrote. “I’m your dad and I’ll always be with you. We will face the road ahead of us together. I should also take some of the responsibility because as his dad, I didn’t teach him well. Therefore, on behalf of Jaycee and myself, I extend our deepest apologies to everyone for the negative impact this has caused on society.”

Jackie Chan doesn’t plan on leaving his fortune for his son. In an interview in 2011, he said everything will go to charity.

1. Jackie’s a good dad, standing by him. 9ja parents will disown u sharp sharp.

2. bruno

August 21, 2014 at 1:26 am

Good parents have bad children and bad parents have good children WHY?

• Igbeyinadun

August 21, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I disagree with you sir/madame, there are loads of good parents who wonderful children.

3. Tosin

August 21, 2014 at 3:36 am

I am watching a Jackie Chan collection right now – pirated movies. What a wonderful body of work he’s got.
    Respect, love to his family.

4. AFKAO

August 21, 2014 at 7:41 am

Wow!! nicely done. People make mistakes, this write up is quite thoughtfully put together. I’m still a JC fan though especially those 80s flicks. Hope Jaycee can get past this situation.

5. LOL

August 21, 2014 at 7:52 am

I felt so bad for Jackie….the humiliation….so public especially in his role as anti drugs campaigner. I also feel so sorry for the son, because as the son of a famous entertainer, perhaps these drug warlords would have made a straight beeline for him and played on his insecurities. I hope that his involvement wasn’t in anyway aimed to harm his father’s reputation because especially in Chinese culture, most children are awed by their parents image and try not to damage it…..it’s only God that keep those of us on the straight and narrow…on the straight and narrow and pray he continues to give us his guidance through this bewildering path of life!

• Mama

August 22, 2014 at 12:57 am

No drug warlords influenced anything…..youths of these days are going gaga all over the world…..the western media is influencing most cultures even china…..we all have a choice to make and he choose wrongly so him alone bears the consequences…….pray this will be a lesson and a turn around for him…