Events

16 Year Old Mayowa Nicholas & 18 Year Old Victor Ndigwe! Meet the Winners of the 2014 Aquafina Elite Model Look Nigeria Competition

BellaNaija.com

Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 58The 2014 Aquafina Elite Model Look Nigeria competition which took place on Saturday 6th September 2014 was one of the most glamorous events on the Lagos scene this year.
We cannot wait to bring you all the juicy red carpet action.

The focus of the day was the female and male model competition. It was a fierce battle but in the end, Mayowa Nicholas was chosen as the 2014 Elite Model Look winner for Nigeria (Female) while Victor Nwigwe was the top male model.

The winning moment

The Winning Moment

Hugs, Tears & Confetti

Hugs, Tears & Confetti

Check out their photos and look out for more.

Mayowa Nicholas
16 year old Mayowa Nicholas is from Lagos State. She is the 1st of 3 kids and is a 300 level accounting student of Crawford University. Mayowa says “winning Elite Model Look competition for me is like a dream come true for me.”

Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 77Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 79Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 80Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 83

Victor Nwigwe
Ndigwe Victor is 18 years old and from Anambra State. The second of five kids, this 300 level student of the University of Benin is studying Pure and Applied Maths. Victor says “I am overly excited, my excitement can’t be expressed with words.”
Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 75Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 73Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 78Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 Winners BellaNaija 76

Photo Credit: Chyder 5 Photography | Insigna Media

1. Tonye

September 8, 2014 at 4:57 pm

LMAO! Are you people kidding us? How is she a 300 level student at 16? I was already disturbed by the guy who’s 18 and in 300 level, then I looked up and saw that this girl is in fact a third-year university student. Some skills they got!

• Stephanie-Feld

September 8, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I am not sure about the girl being 16 and in her Junior (3rd year) in University. I am not sure about that possibility. However, the guy being 18 and in his 3rd year is very possible. I started college as a Freshman at 15 and graduated at 18.

• Tonye

September 8, 2014 at 6:28 pm

You’re right, being a junior at 18 is possible. However, the girl’s age raises a lot of questions, including questioning this guy’s age too.

• Asgrl

September 8, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Lol you guys are crazy. I graduated secondary school at 14 and there were even 2 people younger than me in my set. I went to boarding school at age 8. It is possible. There are a lot of smart kids in Nigeria.

• Blessmyheart

September 9, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Wow! You just described me. Had I gone to a private uni, I’d have been 16 in 300l too.

• IsThatWhyWeAreHere?

September 8, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Likeeeee!….I had a good 5minute brain battle trying to understand the possibility…abeg!

• Anon

September 8, 2014 at 9:12 pm

So she started university at 13?

• Temidayo

November 16, 2019 at 10:55 am

Just saw this after 5years. Anyways, the guy (Victor) was a friend’s (Etinosa’s) friend & we did walk around school (UNIBEN) together. We entered 2012 and he was 16…so yeah, he was 18 at the time of this competition but he was in 200 level not 300. As for the girl, nothing to say.

2. bruno

September 8, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Uhhhhhh the boy is so cute.

3. sum1special

September 8, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I can only wish i did something this awesome with my life at this age…way to go kids…life is way better ahead.

4. NaijaPikin

September 8, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Well depending on when her birthday is, she could have
    finished pry school at 8 _ if she had double promotion
    finished secondary school at 14
    started uni immediately and is probably turning 17 this year.

At least they both look their age. No one should come and cry old age here jare.

5. Poshyy

September 8, 2014 at 5:10 pm

16 and 300l are you guys for real

September 8, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Yes, it is possible…. in the Nigerian system, people enter Uni at 14/15

my niece is 15 and she start Diploma end of this year, the only reason she is not going to Uni immediately is because her parents do not feel comfortable

• baboushka

September 8, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Smart parents!!! She is way too young for uni 15 year olds are practically babies especially those from sheltered backgrounds. 18/19 is just about the right age to start university and even then they are still usually naive and need a lot of guidance. I hope they can hold on until she is much older.

6. Ifeoma Imoh

September 8, 2014 at 5:26 pm

All I know is that the guy looks super hawt!

7. Mudia

September 8, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Nigerians and. Questioning peoples ages. Get over it. Congrats to both winners.

8. Jenni

September 8, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Great choices!

african-sweetheart.com

9. peace

September 8, 2014 at 5:45 pm

i agree with the guy but not the girl dont u guys watch scouted and see how one management scout there models and criteria the watch out for ? way to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NIGERIANSS OJOJUMO LANJERIA

10. ofojekwu nonye

September 8, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Yay!.he is frm my villa…reping adazi nnkwu..cngrats

11. Modella

September 8, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Their life have set to change.congrats.

12. j4judith

September 8, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Hahahahahahahahahhahaha. If this girl is 16 and the guy is 18 make I fall peel my nose. LOL

13. Modella

September 8, 2014 at 6:42 pm

The decor is super dup..It meet international standard!

14. ZeZe

September 8, 2014 at 8:42 pm

That Victor guy is fierce!!!!! Like i totally see him on international runways. Congrats to both of them! I’m happy they are also getting their education on the side.

15. adeola

September 8, 2014 at 8:43 pm

funny

16. Mostest

September 8, 2014 at 9:07 pm

If she is truly 16 and is in her 3rd year, it is highly unlikely that she will think of modelling, let alone partake in a contest. The thing about young geniuses is that most of them are bookworms, her parents would not even let modelling derail her education so no, the story is fa fa fa foul!

• asgrl

September 8, 2014 at 10:59 pm

You people are honestly seriously crazy. But i don’t blame you, media (Books, TV, Magazines) condition you to think of geeks/nerds as “Unsex”, “Awkward” and “Unattractive”. I wouldn’t call myself a genius, but i had the same interest as any other girl. Had crushes on boys, wanted to be seen as beautiful, loved beautiful things just like any other girl.

17. Oreke

September 8, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Abegi! 300l n 16yrs means sge entered uni at 1r nd second sch at 7 nd I’m not sayin dahz impossible buh if she were dah brilliant to achieve such a feat, she wouldn’t thnk of modelling so abeg hush

• Tonye

September 8, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Are you implying models are not smart?

18. baboushka

September 8, 2014 at 10:05 pm

The Nigerian education system needs to change 14/15 year olds are way too young for university haba! I finished high school at 18 and started uni after that and I still had trouble adjusting to Uni life living away from home etc. These kids may be academically smart but psychologically too young to be in university. I am for all rounded education not just academics you need a certain kind of street smartness, exposure and maturity that 14’/15 year olds simply do not have.

• Blessmyheart

September 9, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Interestingly, I was 19 in my final year at Ife and I don’t think I did badly. I probably would want my kids to be a couple of years older though

19. liptrot tomiwa

September 8, 2014 at 11:18 pm

mayor is my close friend and am glad she won so fuck you guys DAT re delebratin on age.

20. Khaleesi

September 9, 2014 at 12:26 am

she’s pretty. she does look young. maybe she’ll be 17 later this year

21. benny

September 9, 2014 at 1:01 am

She is in a private uni. I grad from an fg uni at 19 despite the lengthy strike back then. but it came with its social mishaps; my friends were in their 20s and I was 15. It was too much. I didn’t join a cult nor prostitute but I engaged in every other social misstep. I still made my 2:1 but till this day, my emotional stability pays for my fastforwarded adolescence.

22. new bride

September 9, 2014 at 3:39 am

Is 16 not too young to be taking part in such a contest. I’ll suggest that Elite put an age restriction of at least 18 going forward.

I know that abroad, models are discovered at very young ages, but I also know that the system is set up to cater for them and even protect them,

Nigeria of today is too dangerous (physically and especially morally) to introduce such young people into this ‘glamorous’ world. I hope her mother is ready to guard her like a hawk, which is what Tyra Banks’ mother did for her.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 9, 2014 at 9:26 am

I agree a 100%. The Nigerian society is too decadent and I seriously won’t wager serious money on the fact that Elite has any proper structure which protects these girls (and even the boys) from being exploited by the sex-crazed predators who plague every strata of our society. If her mum’s not stepping into that role as she starts her modelling career, then there’s plenty cause to worry.

They’ve both done well to achieve this at their young ages but I’d caution Elite as well to install an age threshold for future competition entrants.

• Dee

September 9, 2014 at 9:31 am

She’s almost done with uni.

23. teekay

September 9, 2014 at 8:59 am

16 300l parents should sha be careful because even if she is smart educational wise psychologically she wudnt,the nigerian uni system is a bit scary for someone who is not focused to succeed. Normally as a uni graduate a lot is expected from you, but by 17 she Def can’t go for msc, can’t marry,most companies won’t employ her (perhaps her dad’s company will) and she can’t stand on her own. People need to realise that the race isn’t for the swift