Scoop

If You Saw Your Photo on an Ad Without Your Consent, What Would You Do?! Denrele Speaks

BellaNaija.com

Denrele Edun
In the age of the internet, you never know where your photo could end up!

Denrele Edun is a presenter known for his big fro, wearing heels and huge personality.

He saw his photo used to advertise an airport shuttle in Asaba International Airport, Delta State and shared these photos, and asked, “where is my money ooo?”

If it were you, what would you do?

***denrele edun instagramDenrele Edun 2denerele edun instagram

1. elleven45

September 16, 2014 at 5:46 pm

He should be happy. elleven45.blogspot.com

2. Tuu

September 16, 2014 at 5:49 pm

LOL!Awww… I just love Denrele, Life is too short to take everything soo serious jare.

3. nedu

September 16, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Denrenle is also a presenter known for just that one facial expression: wide mouth

4. Dee

September 16, 2014 at 6:16 pm

My sister has had friends send her pictures of signboards and fliers of salons and make up artists with her wedding picture. It’s actually pretty annoying since she doesn’t know any of those people claiming to be responsible for her hair or makeup. Talk about false advertisement! Some of these fliers and posters are from places in different states where she has never even been! Is sad that so many people do not have business ethics or integrity yet they’ll claim to be godly. How can you just download a person’s picture off Facebook or the actual makeup artist’s website and then start passing it off as your work. People need to start suing these frauds.

• Middy O

September 17, 2014 at 12:00 am

My dear that’s Nigeria for you. Same thing happened to me, a couple of people informed me that my wedding picture was being used by certain makeup artists in Lagos .
      Ironically I am a Lawyer and makeup artist but I can’t do a thing about it. It would take years to get justice. Although I have thought of visiting them with a large pair of scissors to snip off my photo!

• makeupbyebi

September 17, 2014 at 10:16 am

Sister pls visit them and chop off that picture! its just wrong!

• Berry Dakara

September 17, 2014 at 12:18 pm

The same thing happened with my sister and a friend. Just terrible.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

5. ese

September 16, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I just love his simplicity….. its something to emulate

6. Musing

September 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Naija things for you.

musingsfromabrokenjar.wordpress.com

7. Abeeeee

September 16, 2014 at 6:35 pm

LMAO see the name of the business sef.

8. Hordunayor

September 16, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Denrele is very simple……… not some people that would have threaten to sue them and also have them pay for the ad…….

• Tae

September 16, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Actually I like the people who sue them or make them pay royalties such as Denrele is asking for. If people understand that there are repercussions for using someone’s image for advertising without the person’s permission they’ll stop doing it.

9. ATL's Finest

September 16, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Lol I will sue & make some mullah off it. But it’s funny how folks think it’s ok do that stuff like this without permission. My friend is a huge fashion blogger & her pix was used for a fashion boutique in Abj meanwhile she lives in the States and don’t even know this person smh.

10. tunmi

September 16, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Another example of doing things Naija way. Those people should be made to face repercussions. Yes I agree with Tae. They should be sued.

11. Uju

September 16, 2014 at 8:50 pm

This is a gross violation of his image rights! I would totally sue and demand a hefty sum. This is so inappropriate. I am tired of how we see things being done incorrectly and yet say “Naija for you”. Noo…please lets fix things.

This has happened to a couple of people i know. One had her graduation pictures used to advertise study abroad services. This was being used in a state she had never been to.

Another who lives in the US had her pictures used to advertise a Miss Portharcourt pageant. So ridiculous.

We need to stop sleeping on our rights and bring offenders to book. Soup wey sweet na money kill am

12. ijee

September 16, 2014 at 9:10 pm

thing is….he has given them even more publicity. Putting it up on his page is the same as advertising it for them

13. mrs chidukane

September 16, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I saw Funke of Phunk Afrique’s traditional wedding pictures being used to advertise Ada nnewi or so pageant in one village in Anambra state. It was so funny, I even took a picture of it.

14. esther

September 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Lolz. Denrele is just a friendly nd loving person I just luv he way of doin thin

15. Chicanita

September 16, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I hope they gave him a free ride at least…lol

16. Glowing

September 17, 2014 at 12:05 am

i think he just gave them further publicity

17. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 17, 2014 at 1:24 am

OMO DENRENLE. GO AND GET YOUR MONI!

18. I'mJustSayn'

September 17, 2014 at 5:56 am

Love Derenle!

19. sum1special

September 17, 2014 at 9:07 am

Very wrong…That transport company should be sued. you dont just use people’s image without their consent…very out of line.

20. Noksis

September 17, 2014 at 11:21 am

this is so wrong. Haba, even if they cant pay royalties, at least take permission. They need to be sued.

21. anonymous

September 17, 2014 at 5:55 pm

my man pls lm writing on this page, base on ur comment concerning the said company ,well l know this man very well , he is just a starter he didnt have any money pls forgive him, just that he love your look

22. lpop

September 18, 2014 at 10:25 am

hmmmm…. that was how i saw Funke Akindele carrying frozen chicken on her head on a signpost in front of one funny looking shop on my street. And i was like, kilode?? O ma ga ke !!!

23. Osinachi Abanonu

November 8, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Things should be done in the right ways. We should forget ” that’s Nigeria for u” language.. If we must get things right in this country. My dear make them pay for royalties