Music

Nigeria’s Most Famous Twins P-Square tell all on “The Truth” | Watch

BellaNaija.com

P-Square 2014
Started from the bottom, now the legendary twins are here – and we’re a loving it. On this new episode of “The Truth” with Olisa Adibua, we meet with African entertainment royalty – Peter and Paul Okoye of P-Square.

Known for their catchy music, breathtaking stage performances but notorious for staying clear of the media, P-Square take time off preparing for the launch of the Double Trouble album and graciously open up to Olisa. They touch on humble beginnings, friends and family, the making of the new album, their relationship with the Jackson family and of course the much talked about Okoye family feud which threatened the future of the group.

1. baby oku

September 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

Wow! I love peter. He is so gentle

2. Ria

September 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

Peter is too yummy.

3. Really???

September 19, 2014 at 11:46 am

Hard work is the key!!!
    Success story is good for the spirit …. this goes to show that there’s time for everything in life, time to sow and time to reap. One of the reason why i don’t judge celebrities when they lavish themselves with expensive stuffs. You can never know how much hard work they have to put in to get to their present state. Lord Bless my hustle!!!

• Uche

September 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Amen!

4. Theresa Doghor

September 19, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Love P-square
    Not perfect
    But they are change agents

5. Theresa Doghor

September 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I have friends in who schooled in Abuja
    They are telling the truth.

6. Theresa Doghor

September 19, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I love Peter, He sacrificed for his twin. I love P-square. They are family oriented and entrepreneurial.
    Great Nigerians.

7. Boo

September 19, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I wana be peters 2nd wife lol, i love u both #Psqaure nd i look forward to working with u soon.

• lala

September 19, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Typical groupie comment, they always dream of aspiring into becoming a wifey. U only like him for his coins, if he was a nobody, u wont give him a second look. puleeeeeaaaasssseeee go find ur husband and stay in ur lane.

• Didi

September 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Gurrrrl and there ain’t no shame!!! . Take a ticket behind me LOOOOL

8. Khaleesi

September 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I just love these guys! There is always a price to pay for success.

9. Uche

September 19, 2014 at 2:02 pm

hmmmm My fav duo!!!!!…. Peter is soo carefree (thou he lets alot out thou). Paul is so calm…… but with a mean streak…………. Peter is my Favvvvvv but Pauls calmness is needed sometimes… ok.. all i’m trying to say is i lurvvvvvv them.

• Uche

September 19, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Its ‘painful to listen to them speak thou

• hummm

September 19, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Totally agree with you, I couldnt sit through the entire interview. However, they could use a language coach to improve their verbal/ diction skills.. Celebrities do it eg Shakira couldnt speak English at the start of her career. Jennifer Hudson during American idol in contrast to now and the list goes on. .

• Novex

September 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm

What exactly is the problem with their accent. Their accent reflects their background. They are self made musician from Anambra, not English professors. Music is an international language it breaks down barriers. My dear na you when get problem, these two are known internationally for their music and style no ones got time to judge them on their accent only narrow minds like yourselves. I don’t believe j. Jackson , TI OR The other fat one had a problem with their accent . And if I may add who know you with all your borrowed grammar how far has your accent taken you.. Abi accent na talent? These two can probably employ you out of your poverty and improve your life more than your yeye grammar has.Abeg take several seats it is really painful listening to your daft comment.

• Zedzed

November 17, 2014 at 6:43 pm

There was nothing painful about the way they spoke, they were down to earth and funny. I have never enjoyed a celebrity interview more. At no point was I asking myself what weird hybrid accent they had going. Genuine Nigerian/Igbo accent, it was beautiful and refreshing

10. lindo

September 19, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I luv ds two! God bless u both and me too..can’t wait to meet them,

11. ree ree

September 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm

They are inspiring but the way they speak is……… lol . I still love them though.

12. Rosemary Chidebe

September 19, 2014 at 4:52 pm

This should be titled African Most famous twins,Loving PSquare all the way

13. ogeAdiro

September 19, 2014 at 5:43 pm

“Who send us go dey popular”! Best line ever…lol

14. nene

September 19, 2014 at 6:39 pm

anambra boys in da building. men from anambra are hardworking, industrious, and never give up! well done boys.

15. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 19, 2014 at 11:04 pm

LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! THIS VIDEO. GOT ME LAUGHING FROM THE MJ BIT. LEVEL HEADED MEN! YOU ALREADY SAID IT; NAIJA’S GOT YOUR BACK! UMU NWOKE MALU MMA. GOD BLESS YOU BO…..

16. NNENNE

September 20, 2014 at 3:17 am

Apologies accepted.. Glad you sorted out your issues.
    Family is everything. Love you guys.
    One love!!!

17. anonymous

September 20, 2014 at 9:59 am

I am sorry o, but Psquare shouldn’t be doing interviews. This was too painful to watch. I wonder how they converse with their wives. lawdamercy!!!

• Novex

September 21, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Allow me psychoanalyse you, through your comment. This is what you really mean
      1. It is painful that I speak all this grammar and yet have not achieved much of anything in life
      2. It is painful that no one gives a rats ass about my grammatically on point English, enough to pay me even a penny for them. Meanwhile these pair are filling stadiums with their igbotic selves
      3. It’s so painful- screaming ITS NOT FAIR.
      4. Derris god o! All these years perfecting my grammar will not go to waste. Some day I will be more than anonymous .
      I feel your pain, don’t worry o! It will be well with you.first of all you need to get over yourself.

18. ice

September 20, 2014 at 7:11 pm

i dont understand the word painful though, bellanaijarians

19. tddot

September 20, 2014 at 11:51 pm

I don’t understand bellanigerians o. How is their accent painful??? I am so upset by that statement!!!! If they speak funeee, you all will say they are faking their accents!!!!! They are real…. real to themselves. With their accents, they are accepted in all of Africa and even internationally. I just dunno why Nigerians are not proud of their accents….Those of you who called their accents painful, should be ashamed of yourselves! Peter and Paul are obviously from humble beginnings. They have defied all odds and are making us proud, so why focus on their intonations and accents. Na wa o….

20. Prof X

September 21, 2014 at 1:27 am

P.S- Nigeria has one of the world’s sexiest accents. Check CNN. Meanwhile my American friends are loving my accents.

21. Iniobong

September 25, 2014 at 12:26 am

My bstie…. artist of al tym kip it up like u guys