Music

Tony Tetuila to Run for Kwara State House of Assembly 2015

tony tetuila BellaNaija

…And the latest Nigerian entertainer to delve into politics is…. *drum roll* Tony Tetuila!

The “My Car” crooner who used to be part of music group The Remedies, is reportedly running for a Kwara State House of Assembly seat.

Tetuila joins the likes of Nigerian artist, 9ice, and Nollywood stars Julius Agwu, Kate Henshaw, and Desmond Elliot who have announced their interest in political positions for the 2015 elections.

Photo Credit: 360 Nobs

1. aisha

September 24, 2014 at 9:55 am

Na wa oooo….This is really getting crazy! what are dis so called artist looking for in politics now?More money and fame shey?No good lyrics yet they want to lead people,God save Nigeria ooooooooo……

• IsThatWhyWeAreHere?

September 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

All i can say is “el oh el”…*sips tea*

2. Bleed Blue

September 24, 2014 at 9:58 am

Oh dear Lord!

Okay at first I thought it wasn’t such a bad idea for entertainers to run for office, seeing as we’ve been clamouring for change and new faces, yet year after year, the contestants tend to recycle themselves. HOWEVER now I’m beginning to wonder… Is this a case of…

“I really want to use my social influence to positively make my mark and serve my country faithfully ”
    OR
    “Abeg make I no carry last for this largesse as my fellow singing and acting colleagues don dey eye chopping of national cake”

…sigh…

3. fola

September 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

what pedigree does this joker have? we need to balance the clamor for youths in leadership with solid background and genuine desire to effect changes. #SHARRRAAPPPPPPP already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. AAA Events & Design

September 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

Ahahhahahahhahah.
    aaaeventsanddesign.blogspot.com

5. mimi

September 24, 2014 at 10:07 am

asin @aisha u took the word right out of my mouth. honestly speaking the only thing that is driving these so called celebrities (majority of them) into politics is clearly for the money, nothing more. what has tony tetuila done for the masses, if you can’t contribute or make a difference with the little you have, your darn sure not going to do anything when you have more (politics money laundering). I’m sure politics is now the easy easy way out to enrich ones pocket. its so ridiculous and yes I’m taking it personal because the more we condone mediocrity, sadly Nigeria will never move forward at least not in the nearest future….

6. bree

September 24, 2014 at 10:07 am

is this d new craze? pple are simply never satisfied., they get money, they want fame, they get the fame they want power…does it ever end?????????????

7. nene

September 24, 2014 at 10:09 am

in the words of the First Lady of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan, Diaris God! These entertainers are looking for an avenue to make money and acquire more power. There are very few good Nigerians who can withstand politics or be involved. Why can’t the entertainers change Nigeria with their own way? Is Bill Gate, Aliko Dangote or Warren Buffet a politician? What of activists who try to enact change, like Ken Saro Wiwa? Politics is for those who want more power/influence, money, and fame, and there is no good politician anywhere in the world. politics is for those with a large ego, and it changes people, especially if you are not bold and you can be heavily influenced. Governor Fashola is the only governor i know who is good enough to be in power because he is a strict and serious minded individual, and he was hand picked, he was never involved in politics before he was chosen to be governor by Tinubu and the people of Lagos State.

8. Zirazinny

September 24, 2014 at 10:14 am

All this people running into politics, I have one question to ask them.since they became “stars”,how many lives where they able to change?what development did they put up in their ward not to talk of local government? What are they bringing to the table and how are they going to acheive it,what duration.my people it’s time to wash this jokers of the scene because politics is not for them

9. Cee

September 24, 2014 at 10:33 am

You’ve got to be kidding me!!! naija sha

10. TANTRA

September 24, 2014 at 10:35 am

All hail the golden haired Assembly man wannabe! Nigerian entertainers entertaining me since 1960.

11. chika

September 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

This jst goes to show that he is not a serious person,WTH!!! What kinda hair iis that?

12. benny

September 24, 2014 at 10:51 am

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    it is well

13. Omoté

September 24, 2014 at 10:53 am

Hehehe! Wahala dey oh! This poster says it all oh! What u see is what you get.

14. Bossy

September 24, 2014 at 11:17 am

For God’s sake pls stop this rubbish, can someone just make them all stop…. SMT all in the name of money and fame

15. Bossy

September 24, 2014 at 11:17 am

For God’s sake stop…. SMT all in the name of money and fame

16. Bossy

September 24, 2014 at 11:18 am

all in the name of money and fame

17. bruno

September 24, 2014 at 11:45 am

I think they should reduce the salaries of government officials drastically, like 20,000 naira per month, then every one will run away from government, then those who want to really work and sacrifice for their country will stay, nonsense.

18. titi

September 24, 2014 at 11:54 am

Dear Tony tetuila (I’ve always bin a fan),but y did u go into oblivion and suddenly appear as a political aspirant? I knw u wanna have ur own share of d national cake,so go ahead “after all all our so called politicians dnt have d interest of d masses at heart”,so I dnt see anytin wrng in it…if I have d oppourtuinity I’ll also contest…I’m an indigene so I’ll vote 4 u.

19. Fre

September 24, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Someone needs to make this stop pleaseeeee. Arghhh!

20. Sugar

September 24, 2014 at 12:07 pm

This is becoming a huge joke. See the clown’s hair, he didn’t even deem it fit to sort himself out. How can he possible take Nigerians seriously. O ma se o.

21. Gbemmy

September 24, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Guys Haba … Relax now … This was obviously meant to be joke now , he can’t be serious he just wanted us to laugh now .. I know Tony is a reasonable man , am sure someone was just setting him up

22. ada

September 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm

hahahahaha!!!! roftl. Abeg let the man come chop im own. What is the difference. If he is not there another asshole will definately take his place.

23. mwilly

September 24, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Am sure this is a big joke, honestly while i was trying to figure what was going on in his head, if he probably thinks politics is meant for hoodlums, it occurred to me that uncle A-a-a (fill in d gap) was once a governor, so…… Anyways am still very hopeful that Nigeria will get it right someday. Nyc day fellas!

24. lizzy

September 24, 2014 at 2:29 pm

every tom, dick and harry is now contesting for election. i am just thinking what will tony tetuila offer the people with that bleached out hair on his head.

25. chubby

September 24, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Politics is serious business and not studio business.DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT HAIR,ur appearance is important for ur political image..u look irresponsible on dt flyer.bless

26. Tru

September 24, 2014 at 4:34 pm

The funny part isn’t that he is running. It is the folks that will ACTUALLY vote for him; or the bizarre twist of fate where he ACTUALLY wins. Now that’ll be something to really laugh about.

27. Oreos

September 24, 2014 at 4:43 pm

All the political positions you are sharing in Abuja! Chai……Daris God oh….

28. Nutcase Scenario

September 25, 2014 at 12:13 am

These entertainers and politics sha!..Can’t wait for the subject matter experts: Mr.Charles Novia and Mr.Etcetera to write about this.

29. Ijebu Boy

September 25, 2014 at 6:58 am

i’d like to see how many of them will actually win these seats

30. ada

September 25, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Comic relief…

31. Amy

October 2, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I still wonder why Chima Anyaso hasn’t come up with his political intentions. He is the kind of guy I should listen to if he talks about delving into politics. Apart from doing well in the Oil industry, he is also a philanthropist. I foresee the seat of the Minister of petroleum for him in a few years to come. I aint got time to reply these entertainers and their hunger for money. Someone like Tuface should be the only entertainer worthy to be listened to when he talks about joining politics because he preaches peace in almost all his songs, he sings what he could act while on any political podium. When you see a leader, you know one.