Relationships

10 Things Every Man in a Relationship Should Know! Tips from Praise Fowowe

Praise FowoweTalk show host Praise Fowowe is again touching on the matters of the heart.

Last week the author and relationship/sexual educator shared 10 tips for women in a 21st century marriage (click here if you missed it) and this week he is taking on the male side of any relationship.

He shares 10 questions and tips every man in a relationship has to be conscious of to sustain a healthy loving relationship. He shared these 10 tips on his Twitter account.

Read through and let us know if you have more to add!

Credit: Twitter | Praise Fowowe

1. Lilian

October 22, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Welldone praise.

2. bruno

October 22, 2014 at 5:03 pm

after all the homophobic things you say on the radio,I dont think people should be taking advice from you.

3. Ayo

October 22, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Hmmmmm, these questions are deep and i pray we all can answer truthfully in our hearts then change whr ever necessary.

4. someone

October 22, 2014 at 5:52 pm

When he was advising women, it was all about pleasing the men sexually. Or does he think women don’t have sexual needs too?

5. Ms Geeky 30

October 22, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I am sorry! Not impressed! Okay, great questions for men to ask themselves but I don’t see anything practical about this list. Still seems a little biased to me. Mr Fowowe, rather than these philosophical questions you are asking men to ask themselves, how about some practical DOs and DONTs similar to the very black and white and precise ones you gave to women in your preceding list.
    Sorry, come back harder! Still not a fan! Refer to my comments on your previous list.
    #love to all BNJers who liked my previous comment and responded to it though. Got me feeling like a superstar 😀
    #serious matters though #we are all human beings #men and women alike, learn to treat your partners right #big fan of love and respect #no cheating #no physical or emotional abuse #treat others the way you want to be treated #team share the burden #being a provider is not just about money and material things.

• Tee

October 23, 2014 at 10:53 am

Ah! Ms Geeky 30…. you be our BN star!

• Ikido

October 24, 2014 at 11:06 pm

#NoUsingOfHastags

6. @edDREAMZ

October 22, 2014 at 6:18 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Who be this one again….. U try shah…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Lady D

October 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

It’s informative! It can cause BOTH men and women to think and rectify their bad habits towards their husband or wife. #Goodmessages

8. kenny Jossy

October 22, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Women, una too day complain. When una chose to act right, awon boys go stop to day gbegea una. We go then replace the gbegea with prada, louis V, channel, gucci, fratelli rossetti a won gbogboyen, designers. Finally, we go crown an up with some loving and hot!!!! sex that will last for hours lol…. na so i see am ooo my ppl i don yan puaaaa

• honest one

October 22, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Dear Kenny,
      Please stick to the language you know how to type fluently in, it will help us better understand you. As for your comment, i rest my case, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• honest one

October 22, 2014 at 9:37 pm

*understand you better

9. BabyDee

October 22, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Errmmmm so you wrote an epistle of some sort stating 10 ways women should please their man (http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/10/16/10-things-a-21st-century-wife-should-do-tips-from-praise-fowowe/); so where are the 10 ways a man should please his wife??? ‘cos i don’t see any here. Kindly GTHOH with all the philosophical mumbo jumbo abeg. If you can be VERY specific & spell it out for the women I don’t see nothing wrong with you spelling it ALL out for the men too. You know they ain’t as smart as the women anyways so how are they supposed to figure it out?

Waiting o……….

-BabyDee

10. Bee

October 22, 2014 at 9:05 pm

My thoughts exactly!!!Gender disparity with style mscheew……and that list was waaaaaaay longer o!

11. halle

October 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm

@Ms Geeky 30, hes not begging you to be a fan, so pls carry your oversabi head away from here. You are not impressed yet you expect us to read your own common advice up there. mscheeeew

• Ms Geeky 30

October 23, 2014 at 4:38 am

@halle, clearly you missed the point I was trying to make. So I will address the three main points you made in your comment:
      1) ‘He is not begging me to be a fan’- I do not think that I ever said that he was? Unless there is text in my comment which you can see that the rest of the world cannot? In stating that i am not a fan, I was clearly stating my personal opinion. Last I checked, freedom of speech, thought and emotion are still unalienable rights in most countries in the world.
      2) ‘Carrying my oversabi head away’- I will not even demean myself by responding to this statement. I think it says more about you than it does me.
      3) Expecting BNjers to read my comment- You are free to read or not read my comment and so is the rest of the world. I mean the fact that I have to state this in black and white to you is concerning in and of itself.

Finally, if your intention was to insult me, you will have to come back harder. You are more likely to get me thinking if you write a well thought out comment.

12. www.lumdys.com

October 22, 2014 at 10:11 pm

the writer really said it all.

13. jennietobbie

October 23, 2014 at 3:21 am

4, 6 and 9. 9 is HARDCORE!!
    #thelittlethings 🙂

14. ify

October 23, 2014 at 8:35 am

too true!!

liflblog.WordPress.com

15. Carliforniabawlar

October 23, 2014 at 8:39 am

His previous background not withstanding…No 10 (the only number I actually read) makes sense die….My grandpa is one lonely old man. It’s soooo sad! For a man who has 4 living wives and 2 exes, not to have any company in the house and no one to cook for him get as e be. But he has laid his bed in his youth by being trifling…now he lays on it.
    Its the kids who have to worry about finding distant relatives to come stay with Baba and cook for him…smh.

16. Rynyx

October 23, 2014 at 8:56 am

Bias, Bias, Bias…… we got straight black and white instructions and this is like giving them the option whether they want to be men or not. I may be wrong but that is how this is coming across. are you sensitive to how your wife feels or notice when she needs a change of wardrobe( I paraphrase), if not , then what??? please rewrite this and give advice or instructions that men can use practically, that is if you must.

17. Idak

October 23, 2014 at 9:00 am

There is a silly assumption in number 9.
    Not all fathers are failures. Mine is not. If I do the things he did and get 75% of the results he got , I will die a happy man. Some fathers are worth emulating.

18. Ferrari

October 23, 2014 at 10:01 am

So according to this dude women are supposed to bend over backwards for their men and all the men have to do is act as the adults they are already supposed to be for their women?

19. Tee

October 23, 2014 at 10:57 am

Oh I hope my husband somehow finds this post o…. Chai! who can tag him on this post ooo. His dad is one lonely man today. He is doing the exact same things his dad. The only difference is I am not taking any of it lai lai….

After maltreating his wife and focusing on career only, now he is just so alone and ooooollld. His kids don’t even bother about him. The mum can travel and not send if the house help cooks for him or not. …….And his son my husband thinks that I will take all the bullcrap his mum took because I don’t love life ni. The guy na dreamer!