Relationships

Pastor Adeboye Reveals WAEC Official Stalked & tried to Seduce Him

Pastor Adeboye

Pastor Enoch Adeboye is General Overseer of one of Nigeria’s biggest churches, the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

At a recent convention, he revealed a WAEC (West African Examinations Council) official tried to seduce him and followed him to London, where he reported her to the police.

He told his congregation,

“She said that God told her that I will be her husband. I rebuked and informed her that I am a happily married man with children. Undeterred even by the intervention of her husband and the Inspector General of Police (at that time), she stalked me to London. My threat to report her to London Police (when she phoned me) stopped her physical presence but she never stopped calling me.”

He attributed his resistance to the Holy Spirit,

“Holy Spirit is the only yoke destroyer. There are certain forces or challenges of life that human beings cannot solve by their own efforts except through the help of the Holy Spirit.”

Source: Sun News

1. Fols

October 18, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Gosh, old tori! He shared this story over 3 months ago. Guess it’s a slow day for some…

2. Domt

October 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm

hmmmm..this kind gist

3. poison ivy

October 18, 2014 at 1:14 pm

#stalkeralert

4. daiva

October 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I still don’t understand dis gist

5. Olive

October 18, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Well, I’ll be damned. Now that kind of thirstiness can only be resolved by Holy Ghost intervention lol.

6. Bola Odu

October 18, 2014 at 1:38 pm

May the Holy Spirit continue to be with you Baba in name of Jesus

7. TANTRA

October 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm

She needed pastoral blessings. Thank God for the Holy Spirit in you. We only hear the ones rebuked. We never hear the ones received.

8. lisa

October 18, 2014 at 1:54 pm

When the girl decided that she was going to black mail him, na so him decide to come out first so she can look bad and he can look good.BN if you like no post am.This are the thoughts of many people.In every situation there are usually two sides

• Owelle

October 19, 2014 at 3:29 pm

That’s a possibility, but since we don’t have proof, *lips sealed*

9. Chachest

October 18, 2014 at 2:22 pm

lol. Lets hope u weren’t the one doing the seducing or having an affair with her, and she’s threatening to expose u and u’re going a step further to cover ur own behind.

• osayi favour

August 21, 2015 at 5:49 pm

you are sick how can you say such a thing to a man that is filled with the holy ghost

10. Jane

October 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm

You mean a married woman can chase a grandpa, a pastor openly? She needs helps. So embarrassing.

11. @edDREAMZ

October 18, 2014 at 4:19 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Lmaoo… “””She said that God told her that I will be her husband.””” i no blame her bcos the rate holy spirit they talk to many people this days dey really fear me. Who nws, May be God really spoke to her. Lolx…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

12. Shadie

October 18, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Hmmmmm abegiiii lol smh hmmmmm.

13. Author Unknown

October 18, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’m confused O. Did Pastor Adeboye just say his resistance was because of the Holy Spirit? He couldn’t resist a woman’s advances, however strong, just by himself, knowing he’s a (happily)married man, or that the stalker is a married woman? Just maybe I’m reading too much into that statement, and maybe it was meant to encourage his congregation. I get where the pastor is coming from, but kindly also let your congregants know that they have to be PERSONALLY responsible for their actions.

• Idomagirl

October 20, 2014 at 4:39 am

Well Scripture does say that when we are faced with temptation, God through the Holy Spirit will always provide a way out of that situation, so there’s nothing wrong with he said. Also if you’re a true believer, every action of yours will be guided by the Holy Spirit, people who understand this will get what he means.

14. Lola

October 18, 2014 at 7:04 pm

BN na wa for you sha! Why did this come up as a news item? I don’t understand you sometimes.

15. Oluwaseun

October 18, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Hmm! Story for the gods. Bull shit. LoLz…

16. nene

October 18, 2014 at 10:19 pm

hian. is this guilty conscience?

17. kemi

October 18, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Nawa oooooo, nothing we no go hear 4 this world.

18. LOL

October 18, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I don’t understand the story…sounds like someone known to him if she managed to have his personal number. Also the lady’s husband was aware of the situation….and yet, are the couple still married. Also the Nigerian police got involved? How did it get that far, if she was a congregant, don’t they just call her forward and reprimand her? Very odd story and very odd revelation….for him to have needed extra help to ‘resist her advances’ sounds like he was tested? I still don’t understand the story or the purpose it was meant to serve in the telling

19. Mimi

October 19, 2014 at 7:22 am

She was obviously unwell i.e psychotic, I hope they got her professional help and not just assume she was being used by the devil

20. Dcookie

October 20, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I am not redeem church goer, but my understanding of testimony is that it is so that others may be encouraged. It may not make sense to you but does to some else who is struggling with such situation at that time. thanks for this BN for this.