Relationships

Uti Nwachukwu Talks Sex and the Challenges of Being a Born-Again Christian

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Uti Nwachukwu's Birthday Party in South Africa - August - 2014 - BellaNaija086 (25)Media personality and former Big Brother Africa winner Uti Nwachkwu has shared his thoughts on Christianity and the fact that even though he became Born-Again in 2006, it hasn’t been a smooth ride all through.

Uti told Vanguard, “Of course, I am born again, I found Christ in 2006, I have always believed in Christ but I answered the altar call in 2006. But I must tell you I am not still perfect”.

He also stated that “Being born again, means accepting Christ as your Lord and personal saviour. He didn’t come to the world for the righteous, Christ came for the imperfect ones like me and you. I genuinely want to change, Christ is right there soliciting and interceding for me, because he is the way, the truth and the life. People fail to see that it is we, the imperfect, that Christ came for, and I am extremely imperfect. I am not the stereotypical type of born again; I am the type that is aware of the love and grace.”

Speaking on some of the challenges he has faced over the years in terms of his religion, Uti explained, “Personally, I would not want to have sex before marriage but sometimes you fall and when you fall, you repent and beg God for forgiveness; it’s not easy”

Credit: Vanguard

1. ChelizRuby.

October 20, 2014 at 11:30 am

More grace to you Uti, remain true to who you are. God bless you.
    theshapecube.blogspot.com

2. nikky

October 20, 2014 at 11:49 am

lmao. bellanaija oooo. una wicked…..dis picture and the title of this news ehnnnnn. the sharp contrast no be here..got me laughing

3. Glowing

October 20, 2014 at 3:41 pm

It’s been Photoshopped!!! Loooooooollll……BN just had to rub it in…the picture and the header contrast 🙂 May God help you continually Brother Uti 🙂

4. Olive

October 20, 2014 at 7:48 pm

We cannot all be perfect, but we shouldn’t abuse grace.

5. peyton

October 20, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Bella naija bet why? just when a broda is trying to live righteously you go and put this pic anyways I agree with uti and I respect the fact that he is not ashamed to express the sore topic sex before marriage is sin and sex outside marriage is adultery the fact that it has become accepted dosent make it right it is sin.

6. Mabel

October 20, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I forgot he existed, he should have just left us and our long faded memories alone.

7. le coco

October 21, 2014 at 8:25 am

the level of shade BN has been throwing lately ehn.. lool the pic tho.. u guys r wicked.. HAHAHAHA

8. Joy

October 21, 2014 at 11:56 am

still laffing over d pics…….what a contrast. More grace Uti love…….

9. olajumoke

October 21, 2014 at 3:17 pm

@nikkyy, i had the same thot .. is it the born again guy that would be dancing with those ladies?….people should get real abeg…make the decision and stand by it!

10. jhennique

October 21, 2014 at 3:51 pm

born again my ass!

11. Eniola

October 29, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Hi dear @uti….I love your courage in wanting to abstain from sex and boldly declare your status in Christ despite your imperfections….i know more Grace will be made available if only you get closer to God. Wish you all the best.