Music

Wizkid Reveals He Charges 10 Million Naira for Music Collaborations

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Wizkid AyoThings are sure getting intense for Wizkid this week.

After hinting that Wizkid collected N1.5 million for a feature on her hit single ‘Boogie Down’, singer Saeon went on radio to say that her comment could have been about anybody and not necessarily Wizkid (If you missed the details on BN read it here).

Now in an exclusive interview with NET Ng, Wizkid has revealed that he actually charges 10 million naira for collaborations and features. The Star Boy artiste said, “I charge N10M for collaboration but I don’t charge the people I love. I don’t pay for collaborations because I’m confident of myself.”

Also according to NET Ng, Wizkid did not deny taking payment for Saeon’s song, rather he laughed off the issue but not without reminding everyone that he was the one who made ‘Boogie down’ a hit song.

On Twitter, YBNL Nation’s Olamide has been quick to jump to Wizkid’s defense after a fan asked Olamide how much he paid for Wizkid to be featured on his 2011 hit single ‘Omo To Shan’ – to which Olamide replied, He did it for free .. Let my n**** b great”.

Olamide Wizkid

What are your thoughts on Wizkid’s music feature rates?

1. Bliss

October 16, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Pride comets before a downfall. This child has been in the media for all the wrong reasons these days. I beginning to think that tweet he made about davido was an intentional beef, even though he claims he wasn’t throwing shade at anyone.

• Mademoiselle

October 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Exactly what I said, “pride comes before the fall”. Smh.

2. Ona

October 16, 2014 at 1:12 pm

This arrogant midget annoys me so much. Despite the fact that his music is sucking more than a cheap prostitute, he is still so full of himself! I predict his music career going down the d’banj route…he is stepping on so many toes and thinks he’s untouchable. Razz idiot.

• John

October 16, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Please have mercy on him! lol

• olori Tari

October 16, 2014 at 9:49 pm

D’banj route ? Mba, D’banj is king in his own right and with all his recent achievements, he’s doing a lot of things right! This one on the other hand is…

3. Jaja

October 16, 2014 at 1:15 pm

“i’m confident OF myself” ke? This boy finish secondary school so?

4. nene

October 16, 2014 at 1:26 pm

adonbellievit! @bliss and ona, you both speak the truth. he suffers from napoleon complex and new money complex.

5. Debby

October 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm

His hair though……. looks so razz

6. benny

October 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Frigging buffoon.
    “Uhhhhhhhhhh”
    “I get’e money”
    “I get’e plenty money”
    “Sisi shalewa”
    “Carooooo”
    These are the continual lyrics this midget spits from feature to feature. Is this really what some ppl are willing to pay 10m for? REALLY?
    either he is delusional or there are plenty retards in the industry

7. RS

October 16, 2014 at 1:40 pm

menh I’m in the wrong profession…..

8. oge

October 16, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Hmmmmmmm.short of words.

9. Ifunanya

October 16, 2014 at 2:08 pm

10m? Hmmmm short of words,wizzy pls calm down dis days I don’t seems to understand was going on around u wit so many haters. Pls ve mercy on him

10. Mi?Mi

October 16, 2014 at 2:14 pm

10m naira?? At least not with that hair. This is the world we live in… 10m just to show your face

11. Lulu

October 16, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Whats 10 mil naira in dollars people?

• nigerian lady

October 16, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Lool no one would know that off-hand, just copy and paste your question to google :/

• candy crush

February 17, 2015 at 11:27 am

Lol! You crack me up man! Google knows all things… Lol!

12. Chloe

October 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I still like his songs…..

13. CITYFIRM

October 16, 2014 at 2:42 pm

As a matter of fact we all do business to make profit,so let it be for wizzzzzy of life.

14. omoibo

October 16, 2014 at 3:31 pm

10 million naira for what?! Biko, what exactly is he collaborating on, noise?! GTFOH

15. NaijaPikin

October 16, 2014 at 3:47 pm

HOw is he arrogant? Someone comes for you, you got to defend yourself.

Saoen should not dish stuff she can’t handle.

Remember this is a for profit business. and maybe himself don realize he sucks and will soon fade away. So allow him to maximize his profit when he dey reign

• Beeeee

October 16, 2014 at 3:54 pm

lmao…@ “maybe himself don realize he sucks and will soon fade away” you are so wicked….I am crying ……..

16. Cece

October 16, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Those who love him and wish him well should check him. Like the first commentator said, pride comes….

17. Olori Tari

October 16, 2014 at 4:03 pm

LMAOOOO… I smell bull**!!t.. Please who are the people paying 10 million for redundant and monotonous music ? You people have money in that Lagos fa… this life is just a pot of beans!

18. papermoon

October 16, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Its your season my dear, enjoy it and make the best out of it.

19. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

October 16, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I’m just here wondering which of the songs he has ever collaborated/featured on that’s worth N10m. *strokes chin* #TrashyTrash

20. baboushka

October 16, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I am sitting here wondering how repeaating the words
    “reverse baby pull over
    show me your particulars baby pull over”
    a gazillion times makes a song I swear artists these days cannot write listen to songs of yester years as early as 90s these songs actually had meanings and messages in them and the artists and their writers actually penned up stuff that made sense.

21. el patron

October 16, 2014 at 9:48 pm

But in the interview he said if i feel your shit i will jump on it! If he doesn’t feel your shit! My guy you go pay!
    He should stop all these petty petty collabo self..its as if people are hearing his voice too much that its becoming watery and they don’t appreciate it
    Wizzy/d’banj my kind of artists

• Nani

October 16, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Wizzy/dbanj ur kind of artists ke? I see u like them washed up and expired.

22. Nani

October 16, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Wizzy/dbanj ur kind of artists ke? I see u like them washed up and expired.

23. idomagirl

October 17, 2014 at 2:25 am

The comments…..LMAOOOO

24. idomagirl

October 17, 2014 at 2:26 am

Wait so Bella, I have to type in my username and email everytime I post a comment? *side eye*

25. The Truth

October 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm

26. The Truth

October 17, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Abeg o!!! Wizkid never blow wen him do omo to Shan with olamide o!!! People just begin know two of them and young six dat time so free collabo dey allowed dat year!!!

27. dozie stephen

October 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Thou shall not believe everything you see on the media…let the poor boy B……KCee was rumoured to have paid 450k dollars to Nicky Minaj 4 a collabo till now I neva hear the song…..convert 450k dollas 2 naira…….d same wizkid was said to have done a collabo with chris Brown….abeg if u don hear am help me send am…..dey just want 2 stop his shine

28. winsrey bolt

October 18, 2014 at 3:13 am

please i want this message delivered to wizkid,am realy happy for his succes ,but want him to know to thatt all is vanity upon vanity. why is he so full of arrogant .iI dont think he believe there is GOD things change around sometimes but that will never be your portion, up up you go i promise you if you can check yourself and stop thinking you are there and all is fine for you i started getting mad about you ever since you wasted 15million in a crash (your pourche) do ever think of it that some people are out there in need,please be more concerned with your character than your reputation because your charater is what you really are while, your reputation is what others think you are

29. yummy

October 18, 2014 at 9:07 pm

wizkid of life. plz slow down on the hype bikonu.

30. Yemi

October 20, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Make una free Wizzy Wizzy o

31. Lady D

October 28, 2014 at 6:26 am

I like Wizkids music but seriously, I don’t believe Wizkid is telling the truth. What Naija artist/record label has $60,000 plus (10M naira) to splurge on Wizkid??? There is a budget that the artist/record label has, why spend that much on 1 collaboration, when you can invest in something better, like promotions or even property. Just saying. #Heain’tworthit. #Bye

32. ice6ix

May 14, 2016 at 11:31 am

all ov una father….. weh dey talk shit about diz young pablo….how many ov una parents don get ov where diz nigga don conxer….una dey say “he is fading away” rubbish

33. Jojorisy Youngish

August 6, 2016 at 12:14 am

Nobody should judge any body because u all are not God