Music

DJ Cuppy Hosts House Warming Party in New York | First Photos

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

DJ Cuppy Housewarming (2)Florence ‘DJ Cuppy’ Otedola has had a very busy year so far. With her climb in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a female DJ, Cuppy has had the media focused on her more than usual.

DJ Cuppy, who started DJing at the age of 16, has gotten herself a new apartment in New York and hosted a house warming party for a few of her friends. There were loads of drinks, food, good conversation and music from DJ Cuppy.

Spotted at the party was Oluchi Orlandi and her adorable sons.

Check out a few pictures from the party!

DJ Cuppy Housewarming (1) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (3) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (4) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (5) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (6) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (7) DJ Cuppy Housewarming (8)

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Dee-USA

November 3, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Is there anything she won’t throw a party for?

• Fisa

November 4, 2014 at 10:32 am

DF Cuppy has finally changed her hairstyle.
      No more packing gel hairstyle 🙂

• nyama

November 5, 2014 at 1:42 am

PURE HATE!!!!!!

2. Missy J

November 3, 2014 at 7:38 pm

This girl is just so and always classy. Money indeed cannot buy class(ask Tiwa)

3. Asgrl

November 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Lol.

4. Anonymous

November 3, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Very pretty girl, humble and well dressed. Kudos to your parents for bringing you up well.

5. Remi_elle

November 3, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Keep balling Ifeoluwa

6. Obala

November 3, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Ahn ahn won’t she even rest small!

7. ngozi

November 3, 2014 at 9:16 pm

good for you girll.. i love how she seems to be having fun and seems humble at the same time IMO.. enjoy ur wealth jooor.. lol

8. Ani

November 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm

…and she was the DJ! Absolutely loved that part

9. chee

November 3, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Chee! Even Oluchi has joined the Cuppy bandwagon…. To be Billionaire pikin good oh… Genevieve I sha dont want this from u… dont famz the daughter just go straight for her Papa… Papa Cups teheheh

• Fre

November 4, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Serious Cuppy bandwagon.

10. @edDREAMZ

November 3, 2014 at 9:56 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Thats my future wife ryt there….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• chee

November 3, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Dreams! DREAMS ! Dreams…..Dreamingggggghgghhh….
      Dont go and make your own money OLE…..

11. Kemzee

November 3, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Oluchi’s husband is just conveniently never on the picture….

12. marculey

November 3, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Love her loads, love he dress sense she really dresses like a girl she is, on like other female DJs turning themselves to guys. All in the name of (tomboy)

13. Na Wa

November 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm

And this is what happens when you have too much money with no clue what to do with it…..so you just throw parties for the sake of throwing….

14. lola

November 3, 2014 at 11:43 pm

@Ke mzee,u sure she still with her husband…cos i never see her with him ever…with d d kids sometimes.

• teetols

November 4, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Are you the one that separated them? evil spirit!

15. Lala

November 4, 2014 at 12:09 am

Did she buy or rent the apt?

• Jy

November 4, 2014 at 1:39 am

How does it concern you

• lupita

November 4, 2014 at 1:54 am

Does it matter? Her Father is a billionaire. Either way she can afford to rent or buy in NYC

• Ray

November 4, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I hate such dumb empty comments…

16. oma Oma

November 4, 2014 at 12:14 am

First impressions always last…..I’m amazed at how humble and down2earth Cuppy is,the first time I met her, how she treated me and everyone around her was just inexplicable, I would say I was shocked tho’…….God bless her and she’s also very good on the turntables…

• Surely

November 4, 2014 at 2:23 am

i dunno what pedigree of trash u guys associate with that when you meet a wealthy n well-behaved person like Cuppy u want to die of amusement at her manners!
      Yes, I give her credit for her behavior but why is it surprising tho?

• wendy

November 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I dont think that she talking about well behaved. There is a difference between down to earth and well behaved. Alot of naija people are well know to have a chip on you shoulder. they look at what you have in your pocket before they respect you. Maybe she is not like that….she welcomes everyone….
      Btw, i noticed that it is mostly the poor ones who end up making it are the ones that always have that stinking behaviour…chip on their shoulder like their *** dont stink…

17. Mimi

November 4, 2014 at 12:18 am

Lmao! Shade, leave my tiwa out of this… I agree she always looks good. I love her hustle. Someone said she’s always having a party, as a DJ that’s a good way to advertise her brand. Let her be!

18. Olori Tari

November 4, 2014 at 2:38 am

Why are people always “shocked’ about people doing the RIGHT and expected thing ? Like people are genuinely shocked because people have morals ? And there’s a lot of “so so so is so humble I dint expect it”…”she’s down to earth and i am surprised about that”… I would have thought what people should be surprised about is the opposite. Like be shocked you approached a rich man and he snubbed you. Be shocked that wealthy man doesn’t know how to say please and thank you, be surprised there’s someone on this earth that will choose not to be welcoming. I mean is there an exclusive right that comes with this Rich and famous lifestyle and the celeb lifestyle ? Oh by the way, I also hate false humility. But can we like just expect simple morals from everyone ?

PS: this isn’t an attack or a downplay to Dj Cuppy’s praises. It’s actually something I’ve always thought about and these comments just reminded me of that.

• oma Oma

November 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

I am shocked or rather was shocked because I work in the entertainment industry and I know how these famous people behave, I know how they relate with people and it’s almost disgusting….
      Being snubbed by a wealthy person isn’t shocking tho’, it’s almost a norm…..you meet these people and they expect you to work on eggshells because they exist
      Being humble and down2earth is the right and expected thing but I’m being realistic here…..

• Beegal

November 4, 2014 at 11:14 am

People that their father’s don’t even have up to a billion are so snobbish talkless of the billionaires. So when you meet people that are down to earth its worth mentioning.

19. amaa

November 4, 2014 at 3:46 am

I feel so uncomfortable when I see Nigerians throw parties for or with kids around and alcohol is flowing freely am I the only one.

20. olams

November 4, 2014 at 8:15 am

Just like her dad. The Notice me is too much!!!! Take it easy girl….

21. Eventhub

November 4, 2014 at 8:45 am

so how is her life so busy? because she is throwing parties? smh and how on heaven did she climb the industry? i never heard of her in the hood..and the hood owns the industry.

22. Halia

November 4, 2014 at 9:00 am

When you have too much time and money…

23. beauty

November 4, 2014 at 9:19 am

Theres more too life than throwing parties.. you can do something constructive with your time…. your mum should calm you a bit.. keep smiling…

24. peter

November 4, 2014 at 9:20 am

There are many more billionaire kids that are cool and quiet. Take a cue from that. you will earn my respect more…

• MJ

November 4, 2014 at 9:45 am

Eyaa Peter and Beauty you had to comment twice..

• teetols

November 4, 2014 at 3:42 pm

And who are you that your respect should matter to her? lol

• Ibukun

November 5, 2014 at 4:27 am

teetols i really like you and your apt responses! lol

25. sum1special

November 4, 2014 at 9:55 am

It is her money and can spend it how ever she likes.is she spending your money?…The poverty mentality some Nigerians portray is appalling…DJ Cuppy have fun girl…keep leaving your dream and having fun while doing it. life is too short. love your humility and decency.

26. usher tech

November 4, 2014 at 9:59 am

talent is not enough…keep going girl ah love you

27. oma Oma

November 4, 2014 at 10:09 am

Emabinu ooooo, I was just airing my own views and didn’t expect to be lambasted…..lol

28. BEAUTIFUL

November 4, 2014 at 11:21 am

This is the most realistic comment! Enethub you’ve said it all.

29. Alert!

November 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm

One question for all of y’all “awwwing” at how humble and down to earth she is. Have anyone of you met or have a personal interaction with her? If no..then don’t sweat it. In most cases, all the grins and smiles and easiness you see displayed for the cameras is not always how it appears in real life..don’t forget most of these are people she is well acquainted with so of course she will be all smiles, would she display the same disposition if y’all are happen to have a one on one interaction with her????

30. ann marie

November 5, 2014 at 12:00 am

used to think female djs’ were a bit tomboyish in terms of their fashion scense until I saw this lady. She honestly doesnt come across as a dj but then again looks dont define careers

31. Wale

November 5, 2014 at 12:45 am

We GET IT, you are a DJ. Enough already!

32. Timmy tim

November 5, 2014 at 5:38 am

Why is she even in NYC? I thought she schooled in London….

33. Adelaide

November 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm

why won’t she throw parties? she is a DJ, without attending or organizing, there’s no work for her.