Events

An Experience to Remember! Over 600,000 People Attended ‘The Experience’ Lagos 2014 Event

BellaNaija.com

The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija012

A lot of people were looking forward to this year’s ‘The Experience’ event and it was not a letdown as over 600,000 people turned up to the event with the sole purpose of being a part of the gospel music concert.

The 9th edition of ‘The Experience’ held on Friday 5th December 2014 at the Tafawa Balewa Square.

The theme of the night was ‘1 God 1 Voice’.

The night was opened with a performance for the Lagos Metropolitan Gospel Community Choir alongside Sammie Okposo. Thereafter came ministrations from Freke Umoh, Onos Ariyo and Midnight Crew. There were also moments of prayers for Nigeria, the nation’s economy and other state matters led by several Christian leaders such as Pastor Taiwo Odukoya of the Fountain of Life Church, Rev Sam Adeyemi of the Daystar Christian Centre, Bishops Mike and Peace Okonkwo of the TREM church, among others intermittently .

The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija010

Micah Stampley

Micah Stampley

Midnight Crew

Midnight Crew

Onos Ariyo

Onos Ariyo

Angela Christie

Angela Christie

One remarkable moment of the Experience 2014 was Nathaniel Bassey. Micah Stampley surprised the delighted audience when he joined the trumpet playing artiste on stage for a rendition of his popular song, Imela. Not long after, Grammy award winning singer, Donnie McClurkin joined the duo into what became an awesome trio as the Americans belted out Imela like it was sang in their native language.

Notable figures who attended the Experience 2014 included Jimi Agbaje, the First Lady of Lagos state, Dame Abimbola Fashola, former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani Kayode, Lady Maiden Ibru and more.

The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija001 The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija003 The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija008 The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija011 The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija006 The-Experience-2014-December-2014-BellaNaija009

_________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. Hurperyearmie

December 9, 2014 at 10:51 am

Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Missed

2. mimi

December 9, 2014 at 11:40 am

i was there and it was awesome ! God is so good and bruno God is for real

3. experience 101

December 9, 2014 at 11:43 am

it was truly a great experience. enjoy every second of it

4. Winning Winnie

December 9, 2014 at 11:43 am

It was an Awesome experience. GOD is so good

5. AMAKA

December 9, 2014 at 11:46 am

Oh my, it was indeed an experience. Most memorable performance for me was Nathaniel Bassey. Dude is seriously talented. Another striking part of the event was when Isreal Houghton asked the crowd to light up the arena with their devices. Micah Stampley and Donnie Mcclurkin have changed their citizenship to Nigeria. With the way they were singing our local songs including Nathaniel Bassey’s Imela and Frank Edward”s and Sammie Okposo”s Oghene doh, no one can tell me otherwise. , I am also looking forward to that collaboration with Frank Edwards which Don Moen talked about. I can”t even begin to imagine how awesome it would be. All in all, it was a great night and may God continue to bless Pastor Adefarasin, HOTR and all other sponsors and supporters of The Exoerience.

• Hurperyearmie

December 9, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Why am i pissed at other African Countries for disliking us? with all of these they must dislike us na,

6. Tuke

December 9, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I agree with Amaka, it really was an Amazing Experience. I wrote about this year’s event and last year’s too on my blog. Angella Christie was my favorite artiste of the night, she blew me away with her Sax Playing skills, energy and passion. Watching her definitely boosted my confidence, now I’m even more excited for Band Aid thus Friday. It’s a stage play at Muson and I’ll be acting and playing my Sax 🙂

tukesquest.blogspot.com

7. SHOLA

December 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm

It was indeed an experience! I had so much fun and I was healed cos I wasn’t feeling too strong but was surprised when I started digging it…….Yippie

8. edie

December 9, 2014 at 4:24 pm

What an event, What a great God..and beautiful to know Nigerian worship leaders are standing up to be counted..looking forward to some acts from Russia and China in the future..God bless you real good dear organizers!!

9. beccah

December 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Chioma Jesus Owned the event

10. maychinny

December 10, 2014 at 9:47 am

i agree with beccah and it was at the point many people were dozing. she carried everybody along both igbos and non-igbos.
    God bless paul adefarasin and his crew. one God one Voice
    look forward to experience 10

• omolola

March 24, 2015 at 12:51 am

YES!! I remember!

11. nikita

December 10, 2014 at 11:23 am

LIke i have been saying since Friday # best Experience ever# cant imagine what the tenth edition will be like# hopeful #thankful for 2015.