Scoop

Richard Mofe Damijo, Frank Donga, Rita Dominic, Mercy Johnson & more Get Nominated for the 2015 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards

The 2015 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards announcement is going on right now (and being shown live on all Africa Magic channels).

So far quite a number of Nollywood stars and 2014 movies have been unveiled at the event.

Gideon Okeke, Richard Mofe Damijo, Frank Donga (real name Kunle Idowu), Mercy Johnson, IK Ogbonna, Kunle Afolayan, Ireti Doyle, Wale Ojo, Mike Ezuruonye, OC Ukeje, Ivie Okujaye, Joselyn Dumas, Linda Ejiofor and more were nominated for the 2015 AMVCAs.

Check out the nominee’s below.

Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (1) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (2) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (3) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (4) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (5) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (6) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (7) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (8) Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 (9)

1. Chiemeka ugo

December 10, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Now this is what I call a nomination list. Wow. I have watched all the Nigerian movies nominated and truly the deceive to be nominated. Where do I start from Abeg ooo. But for best actor am going for Bloosm (knocking on heavens door). That guy deceive to win. He murdered his role.

2. sunshine

December 10, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Frank Donga all day! The guy is a genius, I have watched every single one of his skits and laughed my head off every single time! The guy is a classic comedian, he reminds me of Frank Spencer. Hope he wins.

3. @edDREAMZ

December 10, 2014 at 10:20 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Naija artiste doing us proud….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. x-factor

December 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm

30 days in Atlanta!!!!!!!

5. ivie

December 11, 2014 at 12:21 am

Kunle idowu…all the way!!! His pics on the page for best Actor comedy cracked me up..lol

6. bruno

December 11, 2014 at 12:53 am

where is b for boy. the lead actress in this movie b for boy was critically acclaimed by international movie critics, even the female director was acclaimed and praised for her story telling and directing skill.

where is mother of George. another acclaimed nigerian movie.

ik ogbonna, so laughable, I am starting to question the credibility of this award. this is a popularity contest

. im still waiting for a credible nigerian movie award show that awards critical acclaimed acting and talent.

7. Asgrl

December 11, 2014 at 2:59 am

How is the meeting still getting nominated four awards 3 years later?

8. Sucre

December 11, 2014 at 3:37 am

Don’t tell me Africa magic do not work with a time frame. Though”the meeting” is a great movie, it is an old movie, the movie won an AMVCA last year, so I do not know why it is being nominated again this year, even though it is different categories. I may be wrong, but aren’t movies nominated for these kinds of awards, supposed to be produced in the year under review? BTW the meeting was released in 2012.

9. Oracle

December 11, 2014 at 7:43 am

Hmmm tough one this nomination list.

10. Gift

December 11, 2014 at 9:15 am

FOLLY is a movie am looking out for? Joke silva for comedy something diff mehn. Ewoo The meeting again?!!!!

11. Blue

December 11, 2014 at 9:29 am

I’m rooting for Frank Donga, he has kept us laughing through the year with his skits, he deserves to win. Also, Ivie Okujaye, has proved herself beyond doubt. between she looks so much like Genevieve….

12. alexgute

December 11, 2014 at 10:56 am

Mos’def frank donga

13. Beeeee

December 11, 2014 at 11:05 am

I don’t understand how these nominations work. Rita Dominic won Best Actress for the Meeting earlier this year. So why is The Meeting nominated again for next year?

• relax

December 11, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Let me give you a clue…the award is political. She “won”, not for best actress, last year because of some banters her manager made and she is nominated for advance compensation. Apparently those two are “running” Nollywood. O ga o

14. sweetangel

December 11, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Okkkkk IK Ogbonna, best actor?? SERIOUSLY?! And trust me, there’s no hate there but BEST ACTOR?! O.C. Ukeje nominated twice in the same best actor category? Really?! Na only him Waka come. Blossom Chukwujekwu was the main lead in KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR and did a commendable job, so why is he in best supporting. Why not put him in best actor category to replace one of O.C.? Now Mercy Johnson and Ada Umeh in best supporting actress category for the same movie? They were only in a few scenes and they were both funny but you can’t have the 2 in the same category. Put Mercy in Best supporting and Ada in best actor comedy or vice versa. Come on Naija. I cant help you do your job but i know You can do better. This list is rubbish. NEXT.

• anonymous

December 11, 2014 at 4:52 pm

You obviously don’t watch enough award ceremonies. Of course you can Have more than one actress from the same movie in the same category. Don’t you remember when 3 actresses from Desperate Housewives were nominated in the Best Actress category at the Emmys? Not saying this makes the list seem credible tho.

• Amman

December 13, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Have you seen Invasion 1897? Please see it when you can and say if any of the actors ought to be on this list. Don’t intend to bias your mind, but am wondering if the AMVCA is an acting contest or a popularity/handsomeness/glitzziness/sexuality contest.

15. Rynyx

December 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm

My thots exactly. the meeting still getting nominated, haba na. what happened the clause that the movies to be submitted must have been made within a time frame? the meeting is a good movie but still getting nominated after two years? Joke sylva nominated for comedy? really??and kunle afolayan got nominated in a category for two movies at once? I saw the nomination show yesterday and I don’t get how that happens. this is supposed to be a sensible award, please lets keep the mediocrity out of this one. oh and these are not all the categories that were announced. can we get the full list please? October 1 got about the highest nominations if I am not mistaken.

16. Rynyx

December 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm

IK ogbonna got nominated for something? oh my goodness. dude is so plastic, have yu ever seen him cry????no scratch that, have you seen him try to cry? dude is no where near best anything material. and in the same category with OC Ukeje and Wole Ojo as in the Wole Ojo, this is an insult jor

17. Tomilola

December 11, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Sweet Angel, you just spoke my mind. Thank you.

18. xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

December 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm

The meeting won the ‘New Era’ Award (It was not on the list, seemed like it was created that day) and when i heard it, i felt it was a make shift award to honor the movie (even though it was really good). But asides that, these nominations are questionable biko! So nothing for Omoni’s Being Mrs Elliot, A Mile from Home, Render to Ceaser. Plus why is Blossom best supporting? Wasnt he the lead male character while Majid was supporting ok now! I shall be on my couch watching this live sha!!!

19. lollypop

December 11, 2014 at 10:01 pm

RMD should win Best Supporting Actor
    Reason: After several decades of acting he is still going strong, he has true passion for acting not like a lot actors these days that do it just for the money. The man is simply exceptional and should be a legend in the industry, I don’t even want to deviate and talk about his looks even at 53…. wheeew!!!.oh my! Please Vote RMD. A true movie legend. Thank you. Guys. Lots of love.

20. former rapist

December 11, 2014 at 10:43 pm

All the films nominated are classical films

21. Nollywood REinvented

December 13, 2014 at 12:15 am

It will be interesting to see who wins in the end.

However, these are the people we are rooting for nollywoodreinvented.com/2014/12/our-vote-for-amvca-2015.html ‎

22. Amman

December 13, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I have seen many of the movies nominated here and do agree with some of the nominations. Thankfully, October 1 doesn’t get a best actor nomination here, confirming that AFRIFF’s best actor award to the lead in that movie against other good actors was more a reward for the longstanding actor than an award truly earned for that performance. Afonja in October 1 probably ought to make supporting actor nomination here. This truly is a suspicious list. Between Mike Omoregbee and Chucky Venn in Invasion 1897, there ought to be nomination for best actor or supporting actor. Unless AMVCA organisers are age sensitive or new entrant-phobic, seems to me like recycling certain actors and actresses. Then, maybe they should actually introduce categories for new actors and actresses without any age barriers. Just thinking.

23. anoy

December 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I’ll VOTE RMD to win Best Supporting Actor for 30 Days in Atlanta . Even as a commissioner in Delta State, he still makes time to do movies. I think this kinda shows that acting is actually his true passion. Whenever I watch RMD I see a passionate actor and a very fine man. He flows naturally in all his roles. His A true movie legend indeed.
    More so The Movie is epic and extremely Hilarious. It has perfect cast. Location. Great Humour. 10/10 as a comedy movie. I think it should also win Best Comedy of the Year.
    It’s currently the highest grossing Box office nollywood movie ranking in 76 millions as at this week. I think we should reward exceptional talent and viewer satisfaction. VOTING RMD right away.

24. Kings

January 8, 2015 at 12:52 am

The amvca is more of a popularity contest and it be on acting skills. Imagine dry ik ogbonna nominated even then dumb move make a move hmm why us the meeting still getting nominated compensation and why are we seeing oc ukeje twice in one category it happened last year with funke now this. Am very should it be on voting clearly the one with the highest fan base wins the award. Amvca is kinda dumb. Amaa awards still remains the most credible. One more thing biko amvca is an African award not Nigeria u wan tell me na only Nigeria do film. Last year biko