News

French Police Interrogate 8 Year Old Boy for Praising Charlie Hebdo Killers

Charlie Hebdo CoverAn eight-year-old boy in France was interrogated by police after his school reported that he was praising terrorism.

According to Daily Mail, the boy named Ahmed, refused to partake in the minute of silence held at his school to honor the victims of the Charlie Hebdo terror attacks.

Ahmed reportedly stated “I am with the terrorists.”

School authorities subsequently reported the issue to the police. The boy and his father were interrogated by the officers. When they asked Ahmed if he knew what terrorism is, he replied “I don’t know.”

Activist group, Collective Against Islamophobia, reportedly defended Ahmed’s actions, stating that as a Muslim, the boy meant no harm, but was only expressing that he was not in support of satirical cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in the magazine.  They further stated that his “I am with the terrorists” remark was just the little boy’s naive way of trying to express his feelings.

“Father and son are deeply shocked by their treatment which illustrates the collective hysteria that has engulfed France since early January,” the group said in a statement.

1. Scared homosapien

January 30, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Na from clap e dey take enter dance.
    The interrogation was in order!

• Yas

January 30, 2015 at 2:18 pm

My brother/sister, you get am!

2. Iris

January 30, 2015 at 12:31 pm

They need to watch that one. Ten years ago I’d have said they were being paranoid and overreacting. Five years ago I’d have said the same thing. Today however, is a different day.

3. Fifi

January 30, 2015 at 12:49 pm

This boy has heard those around him speak about the situation and has picked up on it, if both parents are not french nationals please they should deport the whole family to their country of origin. The beginnings of a little terrorist…(awaiting all the insults for my comment) but its my opinion.

• Yas

January 30, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I agree with you 100%.

4. bruno

January 30, 2015 at 1:02 pm

bellanaija wetin u do my comment. u sha got my message. so pls stop it

5. tunmi

January 30, 2015 at 1:04 pm

But that is still free speech. Ooohhh, a lawsuit would be apt right herr

6. Stanley ogun

January 30, 2015 at 1:35 pm

By their name we shall know dem..always terrorist right from mother’s wumb..

7. Somebody

January 31, 2015 at 7:59 am

A little off topic but….bellanaija please I hope you are not censoring Bruno’s comment because of what that person wrote yesterday. The woman who responded to Bruno’s comment, and was subsequently defended by the guy asking you guys to delete his comments, purposefully chose to ignore the fact that she used some off color terms herself. Words like ‘coon’ which was in her comment are beyond the pale. If that whole exchange is why you censored Bruno’s comment, then I think it very unfair. Bruno makes caustic comments, but also very insightful observations. For many of us BN readers he is part of the draw, so please leave him be…..as long as he doesn’t advocate some seriously anti social harmful act off course, we’ll take him just as he is.