Style

Toolz: It’s Fine to Be Curvy, But It’s Also Important to Be Healthy

BellaNaija.com

Toolz OniruMedia personality Toolz gets intimate and candid in an interview with Blanck magazine for their ‘Homeland’ issue that also features Tiwa Savage, Banky W & Zainab Balogun (click here if you missed it).

The OAP talks to the magazine about building her self-esteem, wedding bells and some low down details.

image

Read excerpts from her interview below!

On her confidence level: Pretty high now, but I’m only human, so it does change. My confidence level is often intertwined with how successful I am at work, and how well my personal life is going. If I’m working hard, seeing results and happy with my personal life, my confidence is sky high; but when things don’t work as smoothly as I wish they would it dampens my confidence but then I know it’s something that happens to everyone really.

On wedding bells: I always say God’s timing is the best and marriage isn’t something I take lightly. I think a lot of people nowadays get married for the wrong reasons, which is probably why the divorce rate is so high now. Having said that, I do want to settle down soon, but I don’t know if I’ll make a huge announcement when I decide to get married.

On being a curvy celebrity: Being curvy or ‘well endowed’ if you please, became synonymous with my name and eventually became my ‘signature’ even though I wasn’t looking for that. On the flip side you don’t see a lot of curvier, bigger ladies in the limelight so it is unusual and difficult for some people to accept it. Nevertheless I do hope I can encourage more young girls that are curvy to love themselves and love their bodies. It’s fine to be curvy, but it’s also important to be healthy, which is why I am working on my fitness now.

For more from her visit www.blanckdigital.com

Credits
Words by Franka Chiedu
Photographed by Obi Somto
Styled by Juliet David- West
Make Up by Mary Jane Esan for Zaron
Shoot Location – Hotel Bon Voyage

1. @edDREAMZ

January 13, 2015 at 12:45 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    She killed that cover and i love the way she does her lips, Gat me salivating here no doubt……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. ukbabe

January 13, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I love toolz!!

3. valentine

January 13, 2015 at 1:10 pm

she’s good looking.Keep it up.

4. tish

January 13, 2015 at 1:18 pm

If like Toolz. I think she has a very nice personality.

5. tish

January 13, 2015 at 1:18 pm

*I like

6. TESSA

January 13, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Honestly,toolz is FAT. She needs to get that in her skull.. You BN people should stop hyping her fatness calling it sexy. Stop deceiving her.

• Chu

January 13, 2015 at 3:06 pm

hater

• olu

January 13, 2015 at 3:19 pm

You are a very mean person….and you think you are female…I wont call you a lady.
      I see you chose to ignore where she said she’s working on her fitness.

• Leah

January 13, 2015 at 6:02 pm

“…Which is why I am working on my fitness now” I think she knows she IS over weight and according to her is working on it.

• Anonymous

January 13, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Yes Toolz is fat, but she her saving grace is that the fat is distributed in a curvy manner and she has a pretty face to got with the shape. But yes other than that she is fat.

• Segun

January 13, 2015 at 10:56 pm

I’m sure this Tessa is a beauty queen abi. She is sexy in my eyes because she’s intelligent, confident and has a lot of drive, personally I love her curves and derrière, but i also love the fact that she is health conscious too.

• sumbury

January 14, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Ahan,my sister!!!!!…she stole meat frm ur pot of soup ni?mst dere be haters,dumbudy dt dsnt even knw u,u go jst beef to death…biko,send ur pics let’s see u,mayne it’s cuz u r flat all rounda dts y d geh nd her shape are biting u all together…

7. edie

January 13, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Dear Tools.. you are so hot, goodness!

8. tunmi

January 13, 2015 at 3:18 pm

The divorce rate is high (no statistics to back this up, but leg’s say it’s so) not because people don’t take marriage seriously…they do, they live, breathe and die over it. People are realizing (women especially) that they have options and can be independent.

9. Alero

January 13, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Sensible answers!

10. Isikadi

January 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Rotten liar!!
    When have you worn anything in public without drawing undue attention to your breasts and hips?

• cicimileko

January 13, 2015 at 9:11 pm

abeg no vex o, are you saying she should be wearing MAXI and FROCKS because you don’t want her to show off in public…………………my dear, what she wears does not matter…………she will always have the CURVES……………..so deal with it or better still CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!
      thumbs up to ALL curvy ladies that carry themselves WELL!

11. kiki

January 13, 2015 at 4:52 pm

you dont have to hate her…some of our comments can tear people down..show love

12. Chris

January 13, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Some peeps in here, make it a point of duty, to throw shades at these people, as though it’ll make them feel any better. Can you just resist the urge to ‘hate’ and kindly ignore at best. She is human and someone else’s sister, friend and girlfriend. If she admits to being fat, some would talk, if she says she is keeping fit, other would deliberately delete that our of their instrument of comprehension. Chai! There isn’t pleasing some blog visitors though. Leave her with her curves bikini and enjoy your own peaceful life, after all no one has it all and we are all lead our separate lives, as it so darn pleases us all. E don do before I go begin campaign for Toolz2015. Lol.

13. bruno

January 13, 2015 at 5:26 pm

obesity is sexy in nigeria. smh

14. imose

January 13, 2015 at 7:12 pm

love me some toolz!!!

15. x-factor

January 13, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Toolz is one beautiful black woman i know…
    I am more than impressed that beyond the curves, is a smart and intelligent diva….
    .I am a big fan of Toolz’ thoughts n BN….(insightful, intelligent and profound articles)
    Enough respect m’aam
    Keep it real!

16. Toolz" 2nd husband

January 13, 2015 at 11:10 pm

I’m sure Tessa’s face looks like one of Obasanjo’s testicles; all wrinkled with bitterness. She’s hot in my eyes and a lot of guys and girls agree. Toolz of lifeeee love you die! I’m watching the captain, any wrong move he makes, know I will be there to capitalize!

17. tokunbo .A

January 14, 2015 at 10:58 am

Do u know if I was not married I will 100% b on Tolu’s case. I secretly admire her without a question. The way she speaks exquisitely and her outward appearance is simply mind blowing. Make una liv tolu Abeg. I am almost certain most negative comments left about her jealous females that feels threatened.