Style

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, True Nigerian Beauty in the UK Lands Cover of Boots Mag

Out of a whopping 8,500 entries, a Nigerian woman in the UK, Ijeoma “Ijay” Kalu won the opportunity to be the cover star of the March 2015 edition of Boots Health & Beauty.

Ijeoma Kalu

After choosing 17 women for the final casting of the issue to celebrate real women, Ijay emerged a finalist, and eventually, the winner!

See the heartwarming video where Boots called Ijeoma to tell her she won.

Here’s the cover!

Ijeoma Kalu Boots Health and BeautyHealth   Beauty March   April 2015 copy

Source: Boots Facebook Page

1. Ada

February 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Wow that’s great. lovely smile. #Nigerians next top plus size model

2. christine

February 19, 2015 at 9:05 pm

She is sooo pretty!!!

3. humbleh

February 19, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Her nose is like don jazzy’s nose, her hair if finer than her face. Congrat

• Mo

February 19, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Wow! This life is just a pot of beans!

• O

February 19, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Humbleh you’re ugly on the inside……..ewwwww! I’m sure people really dislike you.

• Carliforniabawlar

February 19, 2015 at 9:54 pm

O_o a**wipe!

• hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

February 19, 2015 at 10:08 pm

So you would have preferred she had her nose Photoshoped right? I have a big nose myself and had self image issues because of jackas*es like you when I was younger. I would press my nose daily to make it look more European even though I knew there was no hope. I am so glad I later shook off all the hateful comments and embraced my fabulous BIG NOSE! With the nose I married a stunner and have beautiful kids! I would not have it any other way.

• Humbles's nemesis

February 19, 2015 at 10:44 pm

You’re a stupid ass MF for that s*itty ass comment. What would it take for you guys to not spew out negativity. The girl doesn’t even know you b***h but now everyone will know her cos she’s up there doing something. Be happy for once. Damn!

• Iris

February 20, 2015 at 2:59 am

So did writing the “congrat” at the end of that silly statement (complete with errors) make you feel like you added something positive to the table? Clap for yourself.

• paloma

February 20, 2015 at 8:58 am

na envy go kill u smh

4. chi-e-z

February 19, 2015 at 9:32 pm

british accent is so weird hehehe

5. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

February 19, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Her smile is so infectious. She looks good and happy!

6. humbleh

February 19, 2015 at 10:11 pm

at O for olodo, is don jazzy’s noe ugly? no. i was just trying to be hilarious. she’s a beautiful woman. she’s got a lovely hair! and Everyone created by God is beautiful….

• SoChic

February 19, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Well you just look like an idiot because your attempt at being “hilarious” was pathetic.

7. istidele

February 19, 2015 at 10:23 pm

The only plus is that the wig or weave was well disguised.
    The foundation is a few shades too light, lipstick/brows too extreme infact the MUA did a substandard job. Despite all these flaws her beauty couldn’t be disguised and I prefer her unretouched photo’s to Beyonce’s.

• Lizzie

February 20, 2015 at 5:58 am

@istidele naijas and their i too know and over sabi the MUA did a substandard job but is still employed by boots the biggest beauty and healthcare chain in the uk and what have u achieved lately? Oh yeah u painted Ojuju calabar makeup on sikiratu in mushin and uploaded it to instagram with yer cousin’s smartphone … No offence to sikiratu or mushin … Gtfoh

• paloma

February 20, 2015 at 9:06 am

must you use Mushin as an example?

• paloma

February 20, 2015 at 9:03 am

if u watch the video u will know it wasnt a weave.

8. Dee

February 19, 2015 at 10:30 pm

That’s her hair too? Beautiful!

9. nwaba

February 19, 2015 at 10:43 pm

@humbleh na beans lets see ur own nose nah , @ chi-e-z am sure ur accent is worst, upload ur vid lets hear.

• chi-e-z

February 20, 2015 at 1:23 am

haba a di a si’m british di horrible I said it was weird. haba were wayo fighting 4 colonial empire a biafran lele.

• Lolo

February 20, 2015 at 3:51 am

That chiez always make foolish comment here. Immature child

10. nwaba

February 19, 2015 at 11:22 pm

igbo kwenu, abiriba kaa nu…….dont mind them, over bad belly worry some ppl,

11. Umunna

February 19, 2015 at 11:44 pm

She has a very infectious and beautiful smile. It’s her heart is radiating from inside. Love it! Her teeth are perfect!

• D

February 20, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Her teeth!!!!…yes !!!! now close up, colagate and all need to contact her. I am a teeth person. Although I am still begging my hubby to allow me get braces, he claims it will not be convenient for making out. Braces I need for ONLY 6 months. I have told him one day he will just come home and find “iron” in my mouth.

12. tia

February 19, 2015 at 11:54 pm

youtube.com/user/trendzunik?sub_confirmation=1&app=desktop
    i knew i had seen her b4. Pretty tho. Well done girl

13. Lizzie

February 20, 2015 at 5:51 am

@humbleh but you weren’t tryna be funny now u were trying to be jealous and mean …got called out and then backtracked like a little b***h … Why would an insult be funny? its such a major achievement for her.. celebrate that first … At least u shoulda had the conviction to stand by your comment… I bet u’re ugly inside and out…#okbye

14. Missy J

February 20, 2015 at 7:01 am

Nah nah nah… And to think that she has got a dark skin. Nah, this is way too light for her complexion. They had her looking like a white.

15. beaudonna.blogspot.com

February 20, 2015 at 7:29 am

Wow, be-you-ti-full

16. duze

February 20, 2015 at 10:00 am

Aawwww! She’s beautiful from the inside out. Wonderful smile. And goodness, she’s tall! Congrats lady!

17. loveroflife

February 20, 2015 at 10:58 am

Wow. Go girl. Making nigerians proud even in foreign land. Guys pls learn about photography and lighting. Good lighting can do wonders for a picture. It has nothing to do with the complexion or makeup as you would see if you watched the clip. As for those commenting on her nose. I pray you get better nose and we get to see it someday. That was an expensive joke by a coward. You couldnt even stand your ground. I see sitting behind a screen gave you a backbone. ..nonsense.
    rightly said , you complain about the MUA but guess what… they got PAID honey. Enoughsaid #okbye.

18. Phebby

February 20, 2015 at 11:31 am

She certainly is beautiful but am not feeling the makeup. It just seems a bit off. Maybe the MUA was trying to portray how a regular lady would apply her makeup on. Nice one still

19. Onyeacholam

February 20, 2015 at 1:37 pm

humbleh, they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It is clear that some are the exception that makes the rule. She is absolutely gorgeous voice, nose. Hair, skin tone, height, makeup, smiles, teeth and all.. It only takes a visually challenged person like you to miss all that. atleast she won it dair and square. No long legs. flawless beautiful my girl. please would love a signed copy if poss. Koostack

20. amma

February 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm

A Nigerian woman in a photo-shoot and not a hair weave in sight! What’s a rarity these days.
    Ladies, be careful ‘cos those weaves will ruin your hairlines

21. Gaba

February 22, 2015 at 12:23 am

Lovely girl! Her beauty comes through in that smile.
    After seeing the video with her original skin tone, The MUA brightened her up a little too much but that’s not her fault. Lupita and Chimamanda manage to look radiant in dark brown tones. MUAs please don’t take this short cut all the time. Accentuate don’t recreate!

22. Sir Philip

February 23, 2015 at 4:19 pm

How can I contact this lady??