News

Desperate Housewives Africa is HERE! Guess Which Nigerian Stars are now “Housewives”

BellaNaija.com

Desperate Housewives Africa 1 BellaNaija
The “Desperate Housewives” of Africa have been revealed! In 2014, it was announced that Mo Abudu’s EbonyLife TV was developing an African version of the hit ABC show.

Now, the first season of the show named “Desperate Housewives Africa” is ready and we have your first look at the housewives and their character descriptions!

Kenyan actress Nini Wacera, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2003 Omotu Bissong, TV Presenter turned actress Michelle Dede, AMVCA winning actress Kehinde Bankole, US/Canada-based Nigerian actress Linda Osifo and TV Presenter/Actress Dolapo Oni.
Desperate Housewives Africa 2 BellaNaija
Here are the character descriptions via EbonyLife;

When an outwardly successful neighbour Rume Bello, played by Marcy Dolapo Oni, succumbs to death, her friends continue to deal with their everyday lives and, as seen through Rume’s eyes, the story mysteriously unravels in a dramatic, comedic whirlwind which will have you at the edge of your seat calling for more.

Michelle Dede portrays the character, Tari Gambadia. Her ultimate desperation is unknown at first as she competes for the attention of a new hunky neighbour who has his own ulterior motives?

Nini Wacera, portrays Ese De Souza, a housewife who struggles with maintaining the perfect family … but will her outward impression of perfection successfully mask the disturbing dysfunction in her household? Kehinde Bankole, as Kiki Obi, continues a rather sordid and sleazy love affair; will her husband catch her in the act?

And Omotu Bissong, who stars as Funke Lawal, copes with life as a stay-at-home, fatigued mother of four boisterous and rambunctious children. What possibly could be her desperation?
desperate housewives ebony life tv
Will you be tuning in?

1. Rocket

April 3, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Oh dear

2. eyong

April 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Why would they name it Africa when the cast is Nigerian? Abeg, call it as it is, Desperate Housewives NIGERIA! mtcheeew. Small time we’ll be vexing that whities don’t know Africa is a continent.

• neen

April 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm

i hope dolapo oni is bree van de camp because she’s a bit stiff, but i have a feeling they’ll make her gabrielle solis, but i don’t think she can play that bubbly character.

• S!

April 3, 2015 at 7:28 pm

She plays Mary Alice who died in the first episode. I think you won’t see much of her, she would just narrate the story as it plays out.

• S!

April 3, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Did you read that a Kenyan actress is in the cast?

• Anne

April 8, 2015 at 1:23 pm

I believe the article mentioned a Kenyan actress.

• Lindokuhle Ngubane

May 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Very politically correct Eyong! What if other African countries want to create their own local versions? Yes, it should have been called Desperate Housewives Nigeria, after all Nigeria is one African country out of 54 countries in the continent.

3. bruno

April 3, 2015 at 6:09 pm

pls don’t ruin my desperate housewives memories for me

desperate housewives is one of my favorite tv shows of all time.

very bad casting. mo abudu hired all her friends. everything na padi padi for naija. thats why nollywood is not growing.

desperate housewives was super successful and enjoyable because of how different the women were, and they all had very different characters and behaviours.

there was the sexy housewife- Gabrielle solis (my favourite)

there was the hard working, strong housewife- lynette

there was the home maker, proper manners, conservative house wife- bree van de camp

the town whore-edie britt

there was the childish house wife-susan

this naija version, the cast doesn’t look diverse, they all look the same.

I wonder how this show will be successful. there was so much sex in the American version. nigerians actresses don’t kiss in movies talk less of acting out sex scenes

If i was the casting director this are the actresses I would hire

munachi (former mbgn) or eku edewor- Gabrielle solis

tontoh dike-edie britt

genevieve nnaji or omoni oboli -susan

uche jumbo or stella damsus -lynette

I’m not sure which naija actress can play bree van de camp.

well, lets watch and see how this works out

• Suz

April 3, 2015 at 11:34 pm

I like Mo Abudu but her channel has no content, I’m sorry. Also, I wonder why she had to do something (Desperate Housewives) that already has been done. Why not do another TV show entirely with a better and different story? Not sure I get the point of this.
      Besides watching Moments with Mo, (because of the co-hosts), I don’t go on the channel. Zero content and originality, and way too much hype.
      “1st Global Black TV” should have some sort of content and creativity. And I’m not “hating”, this is constructive criticism.

• starjay

April 4, 2015 at 8:29 pm

there too busy speaking with fake accents all over the place on EVERY programme. that’s why they don’t have time to develop ‘content’

• Nneoma

April 4, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Lol first global black TV indeed; they gave themselves the title. When there’s Africa Magic and co. Too much hype, not enough content. I don’t waste my time watching the channel.

• TM

April 4, 2015 at 7:44 am

Eku Edewor as ” Gabrielle Solis”????? Eku is too stiff to play the part abeg. Now you criticize their casting, this is even worse. Bimbo Akintola might me a good idea for “Gabrielle Solis” and Nse Ikpe Etim can play “Bree”. Kate Henshaw as “Susan Meyer”…….i am just ROTFL.

Nice concept though. Desperate Housewives was a great show. its most ardent fans were women and gay men. Please dont ruin our memory of the show

• bruno

April 4, 2015 at 8:35 am

@tm

bimbo akintola ke? where is the bikini body?

I can totally see eku playing the Gabrielle solis character. Gabrielle was the sexy bomb shell who had this “I am better than every body” attitude with my good hair, and my flawless skin and my good looks. eku should be Gabrielle, her acting may be stiff (which nollywood actress isnt stiff, we have very slim pickings, we have ro manage what we have) but she has the body, . she can totally play the ex model who married for money, trophy wife character.

casting dolapo oni as mary alice was good. her voice will be very nice for narrating the show.

• Diamond

April 9, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Beverly Naya can play Gabrielle Solis

• nnenna

April 4, 2015 at 1:42 pm

@Bruno, u just hit d nail by d head! well said

• Bruness

April 4, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Bruno Bruno Bruno your cast sits well with me, Nse could play the Bree character well though. They sure are ruining the memories of the original for me, why not come up with something original or better still call it something else…

• Tosin

April 6, 2015 at 10:17 am

I don’t know what Nse Ikpe Etim did to me. I saw her in one terrible film years ago. I avoid her now. Can’t stand. I think she’s intelligent and thinking her role and stuff. Still I desperately can not stand and will not watch her. I can’t stand the gal.

Again, I haven’t even watched the others more than two or three hours each either, so whatever, no need to please me, I’m not your target market.

• Ify

April 5, 2015 at 1:19 am

On point with your choices but I think Genevieve Nnaji or Nse Ike Etim would be more suitable for the role of Bree van de camp.

• onyii

April 8, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Dakore Egbuson would do well as Bree….lol

4. roselyn

April 3, 2015 at 6:18 pm

eyong it is Because Nigerians feel superior and think Africa is only them
    Although they fail to forget they are the least respected due to blacklisted and 419 and many other things.

• Anon

April 3, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Blacklisted for what exactly?

Yet, you come on our blogs to gawk at the awesomeness of Nigeria and Nigerians. The joke is on you. Deal with your inferiority complex.

• Anne

April 5, 2015 at 9:06 pm

You are an elegant writer. Love your choice of words. Are you a professional writer?

• ty

April 3, 2015 at 8:46 pm

we dont just feel superior we are Superior. in economy, modernization, fore front of good and bad(guess what we handle every, GOOD) . so say something new, we use to this. american travel to few countries in europe and south africa, they say they have been around the world. so let us speak accordingly. moreover there is a kenya cast amongst them. so what the problem lady?

• Suz

April 3, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Roselyn, your comment is very incomprehensible and very unsurprising. It’s normal for other Africans to feel inferior to Nigeria and Nigerians. I mean, if I wasn’t Nigerian I also would feel the same way. Pitiful lots.

• Adwoa

April 4, 2015 at 11:07 am

“Although they fail to forget they are the least respected due to blacklisted and 419 and many other things”. I just hope you’re not from Ghana, it’s because of comments like this that Nigerians insult us. You could have made your point without saying that, out of place. No matter what happens in that country, whether we accept, I hate to say they’re the most recognised and respected country in Africa. And they have a lot of resources, let’s not forget they have a huge market. To think it’s only Nigerians who do “419”, shows you’re even more gullible than I thought. And to say Nigeria is blacklisted, out of other African countries shows you know little or nothing about Africa.

5. MOTHERS DAUGHTER

April 3, 2015 at 6:24 pm

MODERN NOLLWOOD don’t know who to think always ready to copy from Hollywood.Abeg ‘m not watching Aba series.I rather stick to the original desperate housewives.That’s why you hardly see Genevive or Omotola acting in these their wannabe Hollywood fake actors and actresses.Nigerian script writers will go and buy american movies watch and gather actors and actress and act what they saw on tv.mtshewww…we don’t have nollywood any more what we have is ABA Hollywood

• mrs chidukane

April 3, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Abeg Abeg Abeg, as a correct Aba girl I take exception to this. Wetin? Call it knock off and yes, they all look the same. Stiff and very boring. OAN, I had high hopes for that Before 30 show but from the little I’ve seen, I was disappointed. Why can’t these new actresses talk naturally? Without that horrible accent? I don’t get it.It makes everything so annoying and fake. And the unnatural acting, with the horrible narrator, mtcheew

• Tomilola

April 3, 2015 at 8:41 pm

I desperately wanted to respond without sounding rude but I can’t help it considering you know scarce nothing about the Industry you’re bashing. Nollywood scriptwriters what? How stupid. I am sure you have no creative bone in ur body and couldn’t write a line of screenplay even if ur life depended on it so why say what you don’t know. If u have a problem with the show, say it. Don’t say bs about the entire Industry.

• Suz

April 3, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Tomilola, but he/she said the fact. Originality is key here. And most of them aren’t creative. The truth hurts.

6. Debee!

April 3, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Well, let’s get to watch it first before we juge. I’m talking based on the fact that the contents on Ebony life are usually above the Naija nollywood standard.

7. Diddy

April 3, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Una no try oooo,what of mama peace now,why una dey like do ojoro for everytin,she fit be mrs mc caunsky atleast she go treat fuck up

• *curious*

April 3, 2015 at 10:16 pm

lol!

8. Gagadarab

April 3, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Wrong casting eva..it seems boring

9. poison ivy

April 3, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Don’t know about this one oooh,desperate housewives of Africa ke…………na wa ooo
    No originality, just copy copy from the american version.
    Ebony life should invest in script writers joor, nice concept but it shouldn’t be the same old hollywood series .#Just saying

10. Tomilola

April 3, 2015 at 8:43 pm

And oh, Mother’s daughter and the other clueless folks, this show was never Hollywood’s originally. It was adapted from a telenovella just like Ugly Betty for American TV. So if Hollywood can adapt why can’t Nollywood?

• Toke

April 4, 2015 at 6:02 am

liar. That’s not true.

11. mama mia!!!

April 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm

“Nounsense”!!! So, Mo knew all these while who she wanted as cast for the series and had to put some Nigerians through the stress of applying and auditioning okwaya? Guess there isn’t much to look forward to then…. mtcheeew

• Uyi

April 3, 2015 at 11:51 pm

That’s Month Abudu for you.

• Uyi

April 3, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Mo*

12. Hotchikmama

April 3, 2015 at 8:54 pm

God forbids I let ebony Ruin my memories of ABC’s desperate wives. fake pple, wrong concept . won’t watch even in my dreams…

13. ATL's finest

April 3, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Omg!!! Pls don’t kill my vibe.. Desperate housewives made me wish for more!!! Hmm we shall see.

• Uyi

April 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

You can’t even watch it so what are you on about?

14. blueberry

April 3, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Sounds like a copy and paste of the original desperate housewives. Same script, different cast.

• Joke

April 4, 2015 at 12:06 am

She bought the format, which is often done and it’s left to her and her team to tweak it to their audience’s taste, while paying to the originator of the concept.

• Lohi

April 4, 2015 at 10:36 am

Joke,
      It was even more ridiculous to buy the format.
      Why not get a script writer and do a different TV show, with a complete different story and distinct actors to be in it? For a TV station that already lacks content, she had to add this, really?
      I’d rather get a good director and superlative script writer, and come up with a fantastic TV show, rather than this. I don’t like imitation, I like to see creativity. Needless to say, I’ll not be watching.

15. Bineta Ibrahim Buhari

April 3, 2015 at 9:25 pm

As much I love my Nigerian fellows.. but, truly we can be copycats sometimes.. Let’s just be natural and be ourselves.. why come up with such a stupid name?? Desperate housewives of Africa.? Which Africa…. it is rather desperate housewives of Nigeria… stop copying the West and America… this is why we are not respected…. by the West.. we always tend to steal their movie ideas, their moves, their style.. Wake up Africa and let’s get ” WEYONNN”

• Chidi

June 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm

What much can Ebony Life do? There are rumors of outright theft of ideas.

16. Aproko

April 3, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Sigh.. Can’t we just be original?

17. Confuzzled

April 3, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Roselyn, you can make your point without exposing your inferiority complex. smh.
    Anyways, until we see the whole cast of the show and determine where they’re from, there is really no basis for critique. Also, you can go to whatever country you’re from, direct your own show and call it whatever name you like. No need to come here and complain, its a free world my dear 🙂

18. Cece

April 3, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Dear Mo Abudu, you didn’t quite get it right. It’s not creative and it has the wrong casting. They all look younger than the cast should be and seem to be targeted at a particular class of audience . There should have been a mixture of personalities and ages to pull this off (at least between 20 and 45,maybe 50). They all look the same…hopefully we won’t see annoying forced accents.. And they are all slim..nothing personal (I’m skinny myself).. Learn from the directors of Shuga, the cast was cleverly chosen and I mean this in terms of character! Dorcas remains my favourite there..natural to the bone

19. josh

April 3, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Hmmmm. Pls oh! Am begging, I don’t want that kind of lekki wives embarrassing poju poju here

20. kristin

April 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Desperate Houswives of Africa? Of Africa? Really? Mo, bhet why? The name is just plain ridiculous. How did everyone on her team miss this?

21. Joke

April 4, 2015 at 12:04 am

Padi, padi, fakest fake, with fake everything, That is Mo Abudu personified, so what do you expect? I even naively thought she’d be better and above the normal 9aija “hire who I know and like” nonsense because of how she desires to represent Africa to the world, but I’m not surprised at all. With all the auditions, this is what they could come up with? Not impressed one bit. She wants people that will be calling her “Aunty Mo,” working for her. Don’t even compare Shuga with these ones. The Shuga team know what they are doing, unlike these ones. As much as I admire her gutso, she is Ms. Fake, so that’s what she is comfortable being around. I trust her, she will throw money at it and still not get the desired results because she doesn’t hire the right people to do the right things. Yes, everyone including Hollywood copies all day everyday, but they are a well-run and funded industry, so the money they spend make productions so much better.

• Lohi

April 4, 2015 at 10:41 am

Well said! She hypes everything and I never see the positive results. Her station is so dry, far from original and boring. I prefer the Africa Magic stations, you can’t even compare.
      One of the best comments on the thread so far.

• starjay

April 4, 2015 at 8:26 pm

and what about all ‘oyinbo accents’ on every single show at ebony lif.e (except one). it makes it all sooooo boring. everyone is twisting tongues and speaking ‘phuuneh’ ALL the time and that’s the case with all the programmes on every ebony!

22. AK

April 4, 2015 at 2:01 am

Some of you should let Roselyn be.
    From the AMVCAs, the ignorance of people who thought GEJ conceding defeat was a first in Africa and now Desperate Housewives Africa, sometimes, I think some of these things insult the intelligence of the rest of the continent.
    You produce a show largely dominated by Nigerians, throw in one or two non-Nigerians and tag it “Africa”. Come on! I know that “Nigerian exceptionalism” exists and people have learnt to ignore it and look the other way. But please don’t criticise people for stating the obvious.

• Adwoa

April 4, 2015 at 10:50 am

Please explain the AMVCA? Cause I don’t get the bs you’re saying. The 1st AMVCA, when Otelo Burning (South Africa) took all the awards for a job well done, it wasn’t South African Extremism. The 2nd AMVCA, when The Contract (Ghana) and Nairobi half life (Kenya), also for a job well done, took all the awards, it wasn’t Ghanaian and Kenyan Extremism. But because October 1, for a superlative work, took majority of the awards this year, it’s now Nigerian Extremism? Really?! Are you kidding me right now? “From the AMVCAs”, you better elaborate cause that’s so damn ignorant and illogical. “the ignorance of people who thought GEJ conceding defeat was a first in Africa”, please name other leaders in Africa who’ve done that? I mean, even other African former and present heads of state said so and commended him, including ours, so I’m not sure I understand the gibberish you’ve typed. You guys have so much hate and inferiority complex, it obstructs you from reasoning and thinking appropriately. May God help you all.

• Eni

April 4, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Ever heard of Abdulaye Wade of Senegal?
      As for the AMVCAs, is it really African? How many movies from French speaking African countries were nominated? And don’t tell me there wasn’t any worthy of a nomination in the last 3 years.

• Nneoma

April 4, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Eni,
      How many of them submitted their movies? Before you criticise, you make sure you know what you’re saying so the joke wouldn’t be on you.

23. Endowed

April 4, 2015 at 3:47 am

will tune in when i get to Africa

24. Tosin

April 4, 2015 at 6:35 am

to be honest, Mo Abudu needs to hire someone with an undoubtedly uniques skill for attracting great audience. Please who were the writers of Doctors Quaters, Edge of Paradise or Adams Apple. These are hit shows.. Who did them, why not establish a relationship with Blessing Egbe, the writer of Lekki Wives, to help write a show for Ebony. So far she has released hiiitttsssss. To me this doesn’t speak originality but hey because of Kehinde id watch it. If this show is original, the mo has just created a mess. Oprah needed help with TV programming she turned to Tyler Perry. Hey turning to Blessing Egbe or Shirley Frimpong Manso, wouldn’t be such idea. And I guess we are giving new peopl a chance but please let’s be honest, these aren’t names that would motivate you to watch.

• Tosin

April 6, 2015 at 10:13 am

I once got a disc of Lekki Wives (maybe season two). I personally escorted it to the dustbin after trying for a few hours and finding it too full of monsters, evil for the sake of evil.
      I hung in that long because at the beginning it had this poetry about it, some attention to language. And also nice-looking sets and stuff. Imagine The Borgias without motivation for the evil deeds. That was Lekki Wives. Or maybe I just didn’t get it.

25. bruno

April 4, 2015 at 8:31 am

there’s nothing wrong in making a naija version, as far as it was approved by the original creators of desperate housewives. I think there’s an indian version of high school musical and there’s a spanish version of breaking bad.

I don’t think mo abudu should have named it desperate housewives africa, neither should she have named it desperate housewives nigeria.they both sound so cliché. she should have given it an entirely different name.

this show will be torn apart and criticised heavily if they dont live up to expectations. cause as u can tell from the comments above, every body watched the original desperate housewives, people loved that show, they know the characters and their different personalities and looks.
    I hope they don’t do copy and paste. recycling each episode from the original, it won’t be funny.

Firstly, I think all the ladies should each be given different colour of hair. one should have black hair, another should have platinum blonde hair (Gabrielle solis character, she’s rich, young and fab. she can afford all the premium brazillian hair on the planet) one should carry her natural hair (lynette character, she’s a hard working mother, doesn’t have time or money to fix a weave) and another should have brunette. they shouldn’t include red coloured hair (how many nigerian house wives do red hair, not many)

the person playing the Gabrielle solis character should be a young light skin chic, with a banging bikini body.
    casting dolapo oni as mary alice was a good choice. her voice is lovely , will be good for narrating the show.

26. ju

April 4, 2015 at 9:05 am

Oh! They’ve started already. Pls can someone tell me the time, so dat I’ll go and peep.

27. Conrad J

April 4, 2015 at 11:33 am

first of all Mo Abudu is a woman with a lot of balls and I admire that. Woulda been better to rewrite the story and change ythe characters and not just their names. Michelle Dede would’ve been a better Bree, she has he carriage to pull it off. Susan is too quirky for her. Dolapo Oni is the best casting choice so far, we all love her voice and due to her schedule it dsnt always require her presence. Kehinde Bankole is a phenomenal actress but as Gabby? No. I think Eku is a better fit not only is she gorgeous but most pple dnt realize how funny and talented she is. I don’t know true other actresses so I can’t judge yet. what we need in Nollywood are good scriptwriters who don’t attempt to mimick Hollywood and unbiased casting directors. Word of advice “new nollywood” dnt hld open auditions if u already know your cast, it s rude and unnecessary.

28. adeola

April 4, 2015 at 12:50 pm

They will ruin the memory of the real desperate housewives for us ooooooooo

• Tosin

April 6, 2015 at 10:09 am

I’m looking at the comments, and o wow, i guess there were real human beings who found some value in Desperate Housewives. I’m sorry then.

29. Saint tracy

April 4, 2015 at 1:22 pm

May God help you. Mo is fake mrs real, can you tell us what you have done in your life time that is original. She wants people to call her Aunty Mo, is she ur mate? She’s 50, what will u call a 50 year old woman in your village? Abi where u come from they don’t av respect and elders? Who handled ur home training Biko?

• Shandi

April 4, 2015 at 3:06 pm

What are you saying, please?

30. forbisi

April 4, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Well, in as much as I would love to applaud mo for her hard work, am not buying this. I am a desperate housewives “stan” and can recite each episode cover to cover. And no offence, but this will clearly not meet up to standards. For lovers of the previous show, am sure they will go all out criticising if the show doesn’t meet up, in fact, am sure most people that watch it will only be doing so to compare it with the original version. I agree with those that suggested that why not hire good script writers and a strong production team and come up with something original like tinsel. Yeah, wrong choice of cast, no diversity, she went for people she knows, instead of holding a proper audition and choosing the best character for the role. Imagine Gabrielle my favorite housewife being played by kehinde bankole… seriously??? gaby is a rich, spoilt, selfish sexy siren. How on earth will kehinde be able to interprete that??? In fact am not watching, cos I will feel like strangling her if she doesn’t measure up…

• Samuel Robinson

April 5, 2015 at 9:15 am

You should know that a closed audition was held and every single person that was selected auditioned for their respective roles I know this because I am a part of the cast. I play the role of Zach. We need to learn to keep an open mind if Nollywood is ever going to reach the standard of Hollywood Africans need to stop being overly critical about every new Project. P.S This is not an imitation or copy of The original Desperate Housewives. It is an Adaptation Approved By The Walt Disney Company For Production Tailored For African Viewers. If you have questions I can be reached @samuelrobinsonx on all social media platforms.

31. ju

April 4, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Abeg ask her @shandi

32. Jay

April 4, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Linda Ejiofor would have been the best Gabrielle Solis, smallish with a side of cheeky, Mercy Johnson will fit in somewhere there, Susan or Lynette not too sure, at least her raw talent will give it the African flavor, one of these our hoity toity actresses can take up Bree’s role, no matter who they cast sha if e no be Panadol e no fit be like Panadol.

33. fabby

April 4, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Rather than naming it desperate housewives Africa why not just name it….Real housewives Nigeria. Lets face it! It can never come close to d real deal! Desperate housewives is simply epic….

34. umudu Ethel Nfofa

April 4, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Ebony life tv-isnt what I expected,now this again!is well

35. cindy

April 5, 2015 at 7:12 am

Niger I hail o

36. forbisi

April 5, 2015 at 8:31 am

Apart from d lack of diversity, these characters seem a bit young, most of the original cast already have grown children. Venita Akpofure would have been a good Gabrielle. She has 3 of her major traits: very beautiful, sexy, vain.

37. Tosin

April 6, 2015 at 10:08 am

The first desperate housewives was a financial hit, was extremely popular, it must have been jazz. Because this was the show, BIG tease, trailer, suspense, advert, suspense, nothing happens, suspense, advert, cliffhanger, advert, Teaser for next week’s show. A disgusting way to waste one hour. The actual show being less than half of the one hour.

It’s ok, I don’t have a TV so no need to tailor the Naija show to my taste 😉

38. gabriel

April 7, 2015 at 12:26 am

are you sure it was lekki wives you watched?i watched both seasons with a smile. give credits to whom its due. maybe you bought the fake version. 16 hours I spent watching good freaking original African tv content.

39. Tenn-Speed Media

July 16, 2016 at 2:56 am

Tenn-Speed TV will be producing EbonyLife TV’s Desperate Housewives Africa.